multiple text boxes when pasting in text from other programs

When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs into a
newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own separate text
box within the original text box.  This did not happen in Publisher 2000.  Is
there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text box creation and allow an
entire article to go in as pasted?
0
Mood (1)

Miss Mood wrote:
> When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs
> into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own
> separate text box within the original text box.  This did not happen
> in Publisher 2000.  Is there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text
> box creation and allow an entire article to go in as pasted?

No, there is not a way :-(. It is something that I have complained loud
about.

If you put your cursor in the existing text box you can go to Edit > Paste
Special > Unformatted Text and this will work. Another route is to use the
Insert > Text from File for inserting text from files in to existing text
boxes.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

Converting text into time
Help!! Does anyone know how to convert a four digit number into time, eg. 1215 to 12:15am? I have reports from another program that can only be saved as text files so when I open up these files in Excel, all my times are in text and I need to find a way to convert them back into time. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!! Try also... =--TEXT(A1,"0\:00") Format the formula cell as time. "Michelle" <michelle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:040901c370ff$2fc33700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Help!! Does anyone know how to convert a four digit number > i...

Supplier Reorder Number in Item Properties blocks paste
Why would the field for supplier reorder number not accept a paste function? Do you guy realize that many supplier item numbers are TEN DIGITS LONG???? So, I am supposed to enter 5000 items and all their respective item numbers from my distributors and HAND KEY those numbers in? How STUPID. Mickie, Actually it does work, its just kinda stupid. Enter a single digit, erase it, paste it. It may or may not display, but just click on OK. -- * "Mickie" <Mickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB566A1F-3296-42DE-8333-B15E913274D3@microsoft.com... Why would ...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Simple Cut and Paste Problem
I am in a new worksheet, and am creating a very simple formula "=D3/C3". The result shows $5.20 in cell E3. When I cut and paste (or drag) to repeat this function all the way down my worksheet, Excel is putting in $5.20 in each cell. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this? Thanks, Lance Hold down the CTRL key as you drag the formula down the column. "Lance Gray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4e5501c42c67$08a289e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am in a new worksheet, and am creating a very simple > formula "=D3/C...

Make Excel's "grab and drag" behave like cut and paste "values only" ?
Excel question. Is there an easy way to make Excel's "grab and drag" behave like cut and paste "values only" ? Scenario : One sheet has input data Another sheet has formula to display output data which uses the input data as its variables There is a close positional match of data on both sheets (e.g. data entered A1 on sheet 1 affects the results in A1 on sheet 2) What I would like to be able to use Excel's "grab and drag" (this is where you put the mouse cursor right on the edge of a highlighted block of data and drag it to another location...

distributing data into multiple cells

Order of Events when using the Control Box Close Button
I would like to intercept the built in messages that are generated by Access about required data when a user clicks on the Close Button. The Close Button is enabled by setting the Control Box and Close Button form properties to "Yes". Does anyone know what the order of events is when using the Close Button? Thanks much! Answered in later post. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "accesswanabe" <accesswanabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E44530CC-48AE-4134-A896-BFC71F032F68@microsoft.com... >I...

Single click selects multiple cells

no "today" in mail box
some times my email folder does not show "today" whilst showing "yesterday" and other dates. Where is it? Because you haven't received mail today yet? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Michel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99db01c48682$29a02c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > some times my email folder does not show "today" whilst > showing "yesterday" and other da...

Sending to multiple addresses

Text to Currency
I have several files to import. They are .txt files where the dollar amount, in addition to being text, has an implied decimal point (198756 should be $1987.86). I can import and format the other fields (dates, etc) using the wizard. How can the text/implied decimal be handled? Also, how can lead zeros be retained in a numeric format? Thanks wal50 To divide a range of numbers by 100, enter 100 in a cell and copy it. Then select the range of numbers and do an Edit, Paste Special and select Divide as the operation and click OK. Afterwards press Esc to exit copy mode and format the...

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

How do I highlight text in a cell?
Is there a way to highlight specific text within a cell without having to fill color the entire cell. I know Word has a highlighter tool, but I cannot find one in Excel. Thanks for any information! Hi - select the cell - hit F2 and in the formula bar select only the characters you want to change (e.g. different font color) - now goto 'Format - cells' and change the appearance -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany PeppiS wrote: > Is there a way to highlight specific text within a cell without > having to fill color the entire cell. I know Word has a highlighter > to...

Backup program that doesn't change the file structure
Not sure if anyone or myself asked this before but I'm looking for a backup program that will copy and update modified files to another location without putting them in some proprietary file format. ntbackup from XP makes some file called .bkf and other programs seem to create their own type of files. If I have 300 files in 22 folders that I'm backing up from drive C: I want to see 300 files in 22 folders in the backup location after its done. Is this even possible? Basically a mirror of the existing data. "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wro...

Separate data string into numeric and text
Hi Can anyone help me with a script, to read in a string of mixed numerical and text data, and separate them to a specific format of spacing. This is the raw data: 11-11-11,44444444,JOE R BLOGGS,2757.42, I need to convert the data into 11111144444444JOE R BLOGGS 2757.42 Firstly i need to remove the "-" and ",", so that it all joins up. There needs to be 6 chars at the start for 111111. At the 7th char i need to leave space for 8 digits (44444444 - although sometimes the no. being read in will be less than this). Then 15 chars must be left for name, and the amount will...

Multiple domains #6