Multiple Catalogue Merges: Same Publication

I'd like to several sections of the same publication to be data-driven.

Catalog Merge seems to be a good initial option but it's limited (1
catalogue merge per publication).

Has anyone overcome this limit, programmatically or otherwise?  A macro
could likely pully in the data from multiple sources, but no, the merge
features allows formatting to be applied to the merge area & fields.  I don't
see how a macro could replicate that.

SeanRW
Version: Publisher 2007
0
SeanRW (2)

Have you look at the articles concerning the Catalogue merge?

Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx

The best help is the 2003 references.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504381033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"SeanRW" <SeanRW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'd like to several sections of the same publication to be data-driven.
>
> Catalog Merge seems to be a good initial option but it's limited (1
> catalogue merge per publication).
>
> Has anyone overcome this limit, programmatically or otherwise?  A macro
> could likely pully in the data from multiple sources, but no, the merge
> features allows formatting to be applied to the merge area & fields.  I don't
> see how a macro could replicate that.
>
> SeanRW
> Version: Publisher 2007

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/24/2008 5:48:46 PM
Hi Mary - thanks for the tip.  I agree that the 2003 Help is improved over
the 2007 help (certainly for that topic).

My ask is: I'd like to have multiple catalogue merge areas, within the same
publication, which doesn't seem possible.  I'm open to some creative
workarounds though.

Barring waiting for Publisher V.Next (and before diving into creating a
macro), is it possible to create a composite publication?

e.g.
Top_NHL_Players.pub (a catalogue merge of the top players)
Top_NHL_Teams.pub (a catalogue merge of the top teams)
Composite_NHL.pub (a composite of the preceding 2 pubs).

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you look at the articles concerning the Catalogue merge?
>
> Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx
>
> The best help is the 2003 references.
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504381033.aspx
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "SeanRW" <SeanRW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'd like to several sections of the same publication to be data-driven.
> >
> > Catalog Merge seems to be a good initial option but it's limited (1
> > catalogue merge per publication).
> >
> > Has anyone overcome this limit, programmatically or otherwise?  A macro
> > could likely pully in the data from multiple sources, but no, the merge
> > features allows formatting to be applied to the merge area & fields.  I don't
> > see how a macro could replicate that.
> >
> > SeanRW
> > Version: Publisher 2007

0
SeanRW (2)
4/24/2008 6:13:00 PM
SeanRW wrote:
> Hi Mary - thanks for the tip.  I agree that the 2003 Help is improved over
> the 2007 help (certainly for that topic).
>
> My ask is: I'd like to have multiple catalogue merge areas, within the same
> publication, which doesn't seem possible.  I'm open to some creative
> workarounds though.

> Top_NHL_Players.pub (a catalogue merge of the top players)
> Top_NHL_Teams.pub (a catalogue merge of the top teams)
> Composite_NHL.pub (a composite of the preceding 2 pubs).

Whilst it isn't possible to have two merge areas in the same
publication, I don't see why you couldn't merge to a new publication,
then set up a second merge to append to the new publication.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

Unable to merge Both DB's
Hi I have two databases regarding students higher education grant with same fields and content. 1. OLD DATABASE has transaction details of the students which is linked with their course code . (Course code is of just creation for reference of the past records in papers)it should be there for future reference of the records. 2. New Database has same transactions continued and I cannot understand how to merge of these old and new records. i mean i'm unable to find where it has to get connected.. if i give the new connection old records having the course code link will not work...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...

Localization with multiple string tables
The application has two string tables one for English and the other for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions are different. It seems that CString::LoadString does not load from the correct string table when i choose japanese from my regional settings on the control panel instead it loads english all the time. Is there any settings or configuration that i missed? Need ur help gurus >The application has two string tables one for English and the other >for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions >are different. It seems that CString::L...

Multiple Query questions
I'm trying to query a database of beach rentals and need a query with more than 2 bedrooms, that rents for less than 1,000. When i put both criteria in, it only registers one of them. I also need to create a query for the highest and lowest weekly rate but when I select Min or Max or doesn't show me anything. Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Jackie" wrote: > I'm trying...

WebDav Update Public Folder Contact cannot be Opened by outlook 2000
Exchange Version: 2003 Outlook Version: 2000 with SP3 Problem: I used WebDav to insert / update Public Folder Contact, which is successful. I can navigate to the public folder and see all the items there with correct updates. However, when I click on individual items to view details, I get "can't open this item. you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. see the folder contact or your system administrator microsoft outlook public folder contact" This works with OutLook 2002 and 2003, my company has not and will not upgrade outlook for ...

One alert for multiple users???
I have a rule set up to send an alert to myself when mail arrives from a particular individual. I would like this alert to be sent to everyone who is sharing this folder. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ann asked: | I have a rule set up to send an alert to myself when mail arrives | from a part...

Multiplication of multiple cells
I am trying to put my school dinner register on excel. I need to be able to work out how much money is due by adding the number of meals ordered (involving more than one cell) and then multiplying that number by the cost of the meal e.g. £1.60 How can I do this? how about =sum(a1...a17)*1.60 where a1 through a17 represents the number of dinners and 1.60 is the price you are mentioning... "Littlecharmer" <Littlecharmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:204DFC78-1258-473C-B180-C431A2067A3B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put my school dinner regi...

Outlook 2002 message being sent multiple times
Outlook 2002 (XP) E-mail messages not making thier way to "sent items". They are being sent multiple times (irritates recipients and I can't tell if the message gets sent at all, or multiple times). During the "send / Recieve" process, about every minute outlook goes through another "send" routine even though the last one may not be complete and w/o me directing it. I think I have the settings correct, but perhaps not. Any ideas? .. Hi, Goto the properties ofthe account and then remove the check mark next to "Leave a copy of the message on t...