MSPUB.exe generates system errors

I attempt to launch a Publisher documnent and it gives an error "MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will shut down". What would cause this? I am running Windows 2000 sp4 and Office 2000 Professional sp3????
0
kpbean (2)

kevin wrote:
> I attempt to launch a Publisher documnent and it gives an
> error "MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will shut
> down". What would cause this? I am running Windows 2000
> sp4 and Office 2000 Professional sp3????
=============================
Maybe the following KB article will offer some ideas:

(243820) PUB2000 Errors When Saving
Publication as Publisher 98 File
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=243820

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
2/14/2004 12:38:15 AM
Thanks for you quick response. I looked at this article yesterday, but got confused as when I go to the document in question it crashes....
0
kpbean (2)
2/14/2004 12:51:06 AM
Kevin Bean wrote:
> Thanks for you quick response. I looked at this article
> yesterday, but got confused as when I go to the document
> in question it crashes....
I don't know exactly what is causing your issue but the
article I posted was the only thing I could find that appeared
to address it.

If you go to the following site and click "Check For Updates"
you can find out if there's anything you have missed:
http://office.microsoft.com/OfficeUpdate/default.aspx

Here's another article that may be useful:

(310690) Publisher Quits with Illegal Operation
Error the First Time You Start Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310690

It's also possible that disabling your virus scanner
before opening the program may help.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)

Outlook publishing error
Until recently, I have been publishing my Outlook calendar and downloading to my iPhone. Recently, however, the service quite working and I am now unable to subscribe to the published calendar. Publishing appears to work fine but I now receive an error message on my iphone stating I am "Unable to suscribe". This worked fine previously and no changes have been made. Solutions? ...

Date Value Error
Hi, I am trying to calculate the number of days between 2 dates, I am sure in the past I have simply just did a formula to say date in cell 1 - date in cell 2, however I get a value error. The dates are formatted i nthe following way 18/11/2009 for example and I just need to calculate the number of days between 2 dates. Many thanks Paula Hi Paula, check if you don't have any spaces, simple formula should work =B1-A1 "Paula" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to calculate the number of days between 2 dates, I am sure in > the past I have simpl...

CACLS command for cmd.exe?
I nee help with the cacls command. I can lock a file but cannot unlock a file? Or do you have to be the admin to unlock a file? ...

Access Violation (0xc000005) Error
Hi All, Im facing a typical problem since past two days. Earlier I got this problem when i was using Extende MAPI while opening strems. So I thought im doing some mistake when Im opening streams. So for the moment I left it a side and now im trying to copy a simple LPCSTR into stream. Still Im getting same access violation (0xc000005) error when im dealing with Streams.. So now im sure that im doing some mistake. But I dont know why the error is commin Exactly. So plz let me know why this error is commoing. Here Im pasting the code which describes what im doing. **** Is the ...

Error 339 in FRx for Drilldown viewer on Citrix.
First of all they are running FRx 6.7 with the latest service pack and the are using FRx in a Citrix environment. FRx Designer runs fine. Generating report to Drilldown viewer Component TList32p.ocx or one of its dependencies is not registered. I installed the latest patch and I tried to manually register the ocx file. Everything worked properly two days ago. According to the client, nothing was changed, but now there is an error. Please not they also re-installed the program and were still getting the error. Thanks, Scott ...

Error adding shared mailbox OUTLOOK 2003
Hi im unable to add a shared mailbox, as soon as i click the ADD button i recieve this error:- The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed. Thing is i cant add a name the error appears as soon as i click ADD. It will work on a few machines though? Any clues please. Logged in as you, using your Outlook profile you can add this mailbox with out issue? The reason I ask is because this is a common response/error if you do not have permissions to a mailbox. Another possibility is that the mailbox is offline and can not communicate with the Exchange server. Check ...

Error 1402.Setup--Cannot Repair--Code 57A Errors During Updates
Windows 7 64-bit, Office 2007 Enterprise edition Many people have reported this issue, but after 3 days and a dozen (wasted) hours, none of the sugestions I've read so far, have yet worked. Suite apps all work fine...it is just that for some of the "important updates", the install fails (Code 57A). When I try to repair off the DVD, I get the "...cannot open the registry key UNKNOWN\Components\(...)\(...) Verify that you have sufficient permissions..." Then I am directed to a file for instructions on how to contact Microsoft PSS--only the file...

MSPUB.exe generates system errors
I attempt to launch a Publisher documnent and it gives an error "MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will shut down". What would cause this? I am running Windows 2000 sp4 and Office 2000 Professional sp3???? kevin wrote: > I attempt to launch a Publisher documnent and it gives an > error "MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will shut > down". What would cause this? I am running Windows 2000 > sp4 and Office 2000 Professional sp3???? ============================= Maybe the following KB article will offer some ideas: (243820) PUB2000 Errors When Saving Publication...

CRM - Verify that object exists
External Error - No Such object on server. Verify that object exists on both Database and Active Directory. For those of you that like me did not assign the user records in the Microsoft CRM before deleting the Active Directory account, I have the solution for you. Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM Select MSCRM. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. Type IgnoreSDUserError for the name of this new registry key. Do...

How to limit store.exe and sqlservr.exe's RAM hunger
I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask for it, but in my server, store.exe and sqlservr.exe both fight for the most, and leave little for other applications. I have 3 GB RAM and currently 3,6 GB PF usage. This means I hear the harddisk being busy the whole time when accessing applications. What can be done to change the amount of RAM used for store.exe and sqlservr.exe ? Thanks On 21 Nov 2006 12:32:20 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote: >I know that store.exe should release memory when other applications ask >for it, but in my se...

ODBC error
When converting from 97 to 2k while converting i got a error message on 2 tables, the error said ODBC - connection to donacct failed. What exactly does this mean and why out of 20 tables the error came up on these 2? I am by no means an access expert. Any ideas/comments /help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Chico ...

ping check without ping.exe?
possible with vbs? thanks. "Tyler Durden" <abuse@antispam.org> wrote in message news:uNSaqjdoKHA.5696@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > possible with vbs? thanks. You can use the Win32_PingStatus class of WMI. See the third example program linked in this page: http://www.rlmueller.net/PingComputers.htm -- Richard Mueller MVP Directory Services Hilltop Lab - http://www.rlmueller.net -- worked as expected, I hope that this help others too. thanks :) "Richard Mueller [MVP]" <rlmueller-nospam@ameritech.nospam.net> wrote in messag...

Error message #17
Hi Been using Money for years currently have Money 2004 Financial Suite. For no reason today when signing on it opens up but dispalys a "Cannot perform this operation" this pops up several times. Money does eventually open but when you try to move about in it it comes up again with same error message enen when i try to shut down. I have tried reinstslling and repairing but get the same message. ANy ideas please See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. "Dale Holden" <daleholden@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:gqxod.53961$Y7.18250@fe1.news.blueyonder.co...

OT
Hi Guys, Sorry about the offtopic message. I have an old exe (16 bit). Don't have the source. I want to step throught the exe. I tried loading it in VS 2003 and even 4.1 but couldn't get it to do it. I remember doing that with exe's back in DOS days. Opening the exe in TASM and stepping through the exe. Does anyone know of a program that will let me do this? Ali "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message news:4464e25b$0$23762$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com... > Hi Guys, > > Sorry about the offtopic message. > > I have an old exe (16 bit). Don...

Home & Office 2007, get app hung error
Has anyone ran into the error application hung and close down Home & Office 2007. And did you try Office Diagnostics? "Foothills" <Foothills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223B6FFF-D97A-4DE1-B7B1-42C0F9E3B756@microsoft.com... > Has anyone ran into the error application hung and close down Home & > Office > 2007. No, I sure haven't. "Foothills" <Foothills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223B6FFF-D97A-4DE1-B7B1-42C0F9E3B756@microsoft.com... : Has anyone ran into the error application...

very slow -- system hangs always
I am using office 2007 beta with all updates. I am very unhappy with the performance, Offcourse the features are good. My system gets hanged very frequently when I open outlook or word. I am using Windows XP Professional on laptop Compaq nc6120 with 512 MB RAM and with almost 10GB free harddisk space. I would like to hear from you regarding this or there is no option for me other than uninstalling 2007 and install old version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

outlook 2003 error 0x800CCC0F
After tring to send a return receipt I recieved the following error: Task 'Huskies - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 550 MAIL FROM is not allowed to be empty' Now my program is frozen and I can not send from this account. Anyone no what is wrong or what the fiz is? Todd, Did you fix your problem? I am having the same problem? I cannot send email, i can receive. ----- Todd VanDehey w...

Error values generated in functions
I need to create a function in VBA Excel. The code is like this Function mysub(x as variant) as variant ..................... code goes here ............... end function Now if the user enters code mysub(somestring) or something like that then there is a error message in the Excel Cell But, I want to get the excel cell not to display such error. I tried to get the type but it didn't work fine My code goes like this. Function newfun(agrus As Variant) As Variant Dim x As Variant newfun = argus * agrus Exit Function 'If IsMissing(argus) Then 'newfun = argus & &quo...

RptSvr32.exe and frxpdfsvr.exe
FRX Report Server RptSvr32.exe and the process frxpdfsvr.exe should run as a service. It should not require that server consoles are left logged in for it to run. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/N...

925875 exception error
Hi, we have the same problem in regards to the exception error when installing the 925874 patch. Our database name is a lot less than 40 characters long. Have also tried to increase the timeout in the OLDB registry setting which didn't make a difference. We called MS and they said you need to pay for the patch. Does anyone have another way around this problem? ...

Query concerning outlook Connector (olconn2.exe)
Where is the best place to get some infromation on why the connector cannot open the default e-mail foplder? -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little you need to have the msn mailbox store set as default. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTE...

how can I open a MSpub xp file on my old computer with MSpub 2000
You can't. It has to be saved as a Pub 2000 file on a system with Pub 2002. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45B9EF48-140C-4558-8877-DB18249C1986@microsoft.com... > You'll need to save the file as a Pub 2000 in the XP pub. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45B9EF48-140C-4558-8877-DB18249C1986@microsoft.com... > ...

425 5.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server
I am receiving the following error on a Exchange 2000 Server. 425 5.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server I cannot seem to find what this is, has anybody got any thoughts. Thanks David Furlong Is that for outgoing mail? Very likely there is an error condition on the other server and Exchange is just reporting it to you. David Furlong wrote: > I am receiving the following error on a Exchange 2000 Server. 425 5.1.0 > Dropping connection due to an error on this server > > I cannot seem to find what this is, has anybody got any thoughts. > > Thanks >...

Error Message 08-17-10
Good Morning, I am trying to make Windows Mail my new mail account. This is the message that keeps popping up. Does anyone have any idea on how I can get connected? Thanks in Advance, Kasey Account: 'Home', Server: 'pop3.zoominternet.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization first', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 yes i am getting same one and just got off of chat with comcast for 1 hr. and still not resolved "Kasey Jennings" wrote: > Good Morning, > I am trying...

w3wp.exe errors
I have a client that is getting w3wp.exe application errors every morning, and I am not sure if it is related to CRM or other related c360 products or not. They are running a batch file early each morning to do an iisreset due to other iis problems they were experiencing. When they come into work in the morning, there is the w3wp.exe application error on the server monitor. Clicking through this error pops up 2 more of the same. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, -Rick M. Rick - have you applied Rollup Patch 1 on your client's server? I know there was a fix for this some tim...