MS Publisher version for Ubuntu?

Is there a version of MS Publisher that runs on Ubuntu?

<edspyhill01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a version of MS Publisher that runs on Ubuntu?

No

0
none6506 (74)
1/17/2009 10:19:25 PM
On Jan 17, 5:19=A0pm, "LVTravel" <n...@nothere.com> wrote:
> <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Is there a version of MS Publisher that runs on Ubuntu?
>
> No

Thank you.  Is there an similar application that I can use with
Ubuntu?

Ed S.
On Jan 17, 5:19=A0pm, "LVTravel" <n...@nothere.com> wrote:
> <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Is there a version of MS Publisher that runs on Ubuntu?
>
> No

Thank you.
Have you looked into Scribus?
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_running

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

<edspyhill01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a version of MS Publisher that runs on Ubuntu?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you looked into Scribus?
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_running
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> <edspyhill01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a version of MS Publisher that runs on Ubuntu?

Thanks Mary.  I was going to post that but you beat me to it.  I
occasionally use the PC version of the program when I feel the need to
experiment away from Publisher.  Haven't tried using it with Vista yet
though, just Win XP & 2000.

0
none6506 (74)

MS Outlook 2007

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

publisher 2007 printing
I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders around text boxes. Any ireas?? brian wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. Check the website of your printer manufacturer for an updated printer driver. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "brian" wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. > Any ireas?? Brian, Right Click on the text box and choose edit text box. There are choice...

MS CRM Certification question

MS Access

Inserting Photos into a blank Publisher 2003 Document
When I go to insert & select a photo to insert, I can NOt see the photo but I can resize it. The graphics manager task pane shows all my pictures as "embedded"!? How can I stop photos from being embedded? They never used to be? Read the fourth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Teresa K" <Teresa K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E724C7-EA35-496C-A657-3DF6AB723B0C@microsoft.com... > When I go to insert &...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

publisher 2003 newsletter to email printing question
When creating a newsletter with Publisher 2003 with text and graphics we distribute it by clicking File..Send email...as message. When employees try to print out the email, it prints out to over 1,000 pages. When we turn it into a PDF, it is only a 7-10 page document. Any suggestions? Yes - send it as a .pdf. Even if it was acting properly, you would only be able to print out the first page. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "hmrtrain" <hmrtrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C633F81-CFEA-420B-93A0-250B7BA9C0E5@microsoft.com... > Wh...

2000 publisher brochure
I have created a 3 panel brochure. I have uploaded my image. I want it to fit one panel without distorting the image Can this be done if so how?> Uploaded your image to what? If you want a larger image to be smaller, make sure you grab one of the corner grips. If you move the ones in the middle of the sides, your image will not be proportionate. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491A5320-BA42-467F-9D96-B8ED36881FC2@micr...

MS Money Planner file
Hello I have a problem in MS Money 2004. Each time I open money I get the following error: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, re-install money and then re open your money file". I have tried doing this but still keep getting the same error. Can anyone please advise? Thanks and a Happy New Year to all you kind souls out there. Dave Hello Glyn That seems to work for me. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Much appreciated. Hope you have a happy & prosperous New Year. Regards Dave "Glyn Simpso...

Publisher 98 error message
Hello. We're still running Publisher 98 here at work and we have an error message on a few machines that we cannot get rid of. The error is "Publisher cannot create a temproary working file." I've googled the error and found that it's due to users saving Publisher files to the network (which Publisher 98 was designed not to work with), which this group is doing. However, when they tried to create files and save them locally, they still get the error. I also followed MS's suggestion of selecting all of the doc, copying, then pasting to a blank one and saving l...

publisher 2000- general questions
how do i place a custom logo into personal information for re-use? Is publisher 2000 ok for a 9 page website that I want to incert urls and outsite html and links within I don't understand your first question. As for a web site created with Publisher 2000, you are invited to visit: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs Many links to many places including some music files. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "ari" <arilapidus@msn.com> wrote in message news:1604c01c44739$e8770a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > how ...

Business Contact Manager for MS Outlook 2003
I just installed MS Office @003 Standart Upgrade and want to use the Business Contact Manager functionality. However, I cannot find it. The "Help" feature tells me I should have Business Contact Manager as an add-in but I cannot find it nor do I want to download the version with Micrrosoft Exchange Server (I think). Can anyone tell me how to get Business Contact Manager for MS Outlook 2003? Thanks, Jim BCM is available as part of Office 2003 Professional Edition, Small Business Edition, or Prefessional Enterprise Edition (requires Volume License from Microsoft). As far as I k...

ms outlook: unable to find default email folder
on opening outlook it says;UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT FOLDERS. THE REQUESTED INFORMATION COULD OT BE FOUND IN THE ACTIVE PROFILE. On clicking ok it says; WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPEN YOUR DEFAULT FILE SYSYTEM FOLDER INSTEAD. Please help whats causing this. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2hheWFuOTk=?=" <shayan99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CEC2AC86-64EF-4684-A6EA-C3D3AEC3A9BC@microsoft.com: > on opening outlook it says;UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT FOLDERS. THE REQUESTED > INFORMATION COULD OT BE FOUND IN THE ACTIVE PROFILE. > On clicking ok it says; WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPEN YOUR ...

transfer power point design to publisher
I wish to transfer PowerPoint designs/templates over to Publisher You can right-click a background in PowerPoint and save. Templates in PowerPoint and Publisher are not interchangeable. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "computerguy5001" <computerguy5001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17543622-797D-49ED-92BD-A49B26281366@microsoft.com... >I wish to transfer PowerPoint designs/templates over to Publisher ...

Convert MS publisher to MS Word
Hello ALL, Could anyone plz tell me how to convert a publisher file to MS Word, while retaing all text, images, formatting etc. Help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Asim Hi Asim (alatif@ultimus.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Could anyone plz tell me how to convert a publisher file || to MS Word, while retaing all text, images, formatting etc. You can't. The only thing you can do is copy/paste or drag/drop between the two applications and adjust formatting accordingly. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www....