MS Office Publisher Help window appears after every print job

I've just started using Publisher 2003 and am doing fine with most of it.
However, one thing is driving me crazy... every time I send a job to a
printer, whether it's an actual printer like my HP Laserjet 4MV or a virtual
printer like the Acrobat PDF 7, after the job spools out, the MS  Office Pint
Help window appears, on a page that says "Troubleshoot printing publications
on a desktop printer." I didn't clikc on help. I don't need help, because the
jobs print fine... why does this window keep appearing, and more importantly,
how do I make it stop appearing short of never printing anything again?

BTW, I have Publisher 11.6255.6408 SP1 with WINXP SP2 on a Dell Dimension
8200 w/ 2GB RAM.

--
Carl Baldasso
0

In Publisher, go to Tools > Options > Print Tab > Uncheck "Automatically
display print troubleshooter". This is not enabled by default, so either you
or our OEM enabled at some point.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Carl B" <CarlB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just started using Publisher 2003 and am doing fine with most of it.
> However, one thing is driving me crazy... every time I send a job to a
> printer, whether it's an actual printer like my HP Laserjet 4MV or a
> virtual
> printer like the Acrobat PDF 7, after the job spools out, the MS  Office
> Pint
> Help window appears, on a page that says "Troubleshoot printing
> publications
> on a desktop printer." I didn't clikc on help. I don't need help, because
> the
> jobs print fine... why does this window keep appearing, and more
> importantly,
> how do I make it stop appearing short of never printing anything again?
>
> BTW, I have Publisher 11.6255.6408 SP1 with WINXP SP2 on a Dell Dimension
> 8200 w/ 2GB RAM.
>
> --
> Carl Baldasso

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
6/28/2005 12:36:06 PM
Thanks, Bruce... it WAS enabled, though I never did that myself. But it's
fixed now... much obliged.

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> In Publisher, go to Tools > Options > Print Tab > Uncheck "Automatically
> display print troubleshooter". This is not enabled by default, so either you
> or our OEM enabled at some point.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "Carl B" <CarlB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've just started using Publisher 2003 and am doing fine with most of it.
> > However, one thing is driving me crazy... every time I send a job to a
> > printer, whether it's an actual printer like my HP Laserjet 4MV or a
> > virtual
> > printer like the Acrobat PDF 7, after the job spools out, the MS  Office
> > Pint
> > Help window appears, on a page that says "Troubleshoot printing
> > publications
> > on a desktop printer." I didn't clikc on help. I don't need help, because
> > the
> > jobs print fine... why does this window keep appearing, and more
> > importantly,
> > how do I make it stop appearing short of never printing anything again?
> >
> > BTW, I have Publisher 11.6255.6408 SP1 with WINXP SP2 on a Dell Dimension
> > 8200 w/ 2GB RAM.
> >
> > --
> > Carl Baldasso

0
CarlB (9)
6/28/2005 1:16:04 PM
our OEM = your OEM

This keyboard sucks.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher, go to Tools > Options > Print Tab > Uncheck "Automatically
> display print troubleshooter". This is not enabled by default, so either
> you or our OEM enabled at some point.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "Carl B" <CarlB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've just started using Publisher 2003 and am doing fine with most of it.
>> However, one thing is driving me crazy... every time I send a job to a
>> printer, whether it's an actual printer like my HP Laserjet 4MV or a
>> virtual
>> printer like the Acrobat PDF 7, after the job spools out, the MS  Office
>> Pint
>> Help window appears, on a page that says "Troubleshoot printing
>> publications
>> on a desktop printer." I didn't clikc on help. I don't need help, because
>> the
>> jobs print fine... why does this window keep appearing, and more
>> importantly,
>> how do I make it stop appearing short of never printing anything again?
>>
>> BTW, I have Publisher 11.6255.6408 SP1 with WINXP SP2 on a Dell Dimension
>> 8200 w/ 2GB RAM.
>>
>> --
>> Carl Baldasso

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
6/28/2005 1:28:35 PM
Excellent Chester, thanks for replying back :o)

--

> Thanks, Bruce... it WAS enabled, though I never did that myself. But it's
> fixed now... much obliged.
>
> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> In Publisher, go to Tools > Options > Print Tab > Uncheck "Automatically
>> display print troubleshooter". This is not enabled by default, so either
>> you
>> or our OEM enabled at some point.
>>
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> "Carl B" <CarlB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've just started using Publisher 2003 and am doing fine with most of
>> > it.
>> > However, one thing is driving me crazy... every time I send a job to a
>> > printer, whether it's an actual printer like my HP Laserjet 4MV or a
>> > virtual
>> > printer like the Acrobat PDF 7, after the job spools out, the MS
>> > Office
>> > Pint
>> > Help window appears, on a page that says "Troubleshoot printing
>> > publications
>> > on a desktop printer." I didn't clikc on help. I don't need help,
>> > because
>> > the
>> > jobs print fine... why does this window keep appearing, and more
>> > importantly,
>> > how do I make it stop appearing short of never printing anything again?
>> >
>> > BTW, I have Publisher 11.6255.6408 SP1 with WINXP SP2 on a Dell
>> > Dimension
>> > 8200 w/ 2GB RAM.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Carl Baldasso

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

Office apps close
The Office 2008 apps keep closing down by themselves! The app closes and then a message comes up asking if I want to Send my problem's information and if I want to Recover my work. What can I do to stop this? Is this because of my Office 2008 intallation or is it my Mac? Normally, it is caused by broken documents. If someone has been hacking and chopping in the documents, they can break the internal code so the application can't read them. Which format are you using? How were the documents created? Which OS are you using? Which processor? On 11/02/08 4:54 PM, in article ee8cf3c....

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MS Outlook 2007

Windows Live Mail New Messages
When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a number of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? "Mick in Seaford" <MickinSeaford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29DF4EB-F098-4DBD-931D-DF7017570708@microsoft.com... > When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a > number > of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. > Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? > ...

Office assistant error
Hi everyone, I only joined today so easy on me!!!!!! We have Outlook 2003 and Office 2000 SP3 intalled and receive the following error when Outlook is opened and then try to open any other applications, i'e word, excell "The office assistant could not be started. Please repair the assistant by running office 2000 setup and selecting repair office 2000". Running repair does not make the error message stop. The office assistant works in all applications the error message just keeps popping up. If I open word or excell on their own it's not a proble as soon as outlook 2003 is...

MS Exange connection

transaction appears twice in income & expense stat
Hi there, I had forecasted the receipt of a check. When downloading my statement I reconciled, the estimated amount with the one on the statement. In the account everything is perfect; there is only one entry, the date and amount are correct. However when I look at the income and expense chart, as well as the cashflow projection, the cash receipt has been entered twice. I can only delete one of the two, and if I do it deletes the entry from the account modifying the account balance. Help would be greatly appreciated. Rgds, Ed ...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Address Word Letter X for Office 2004?
I've been unable to get the Address Word Letter X script to work on my new version of Office 2004. The Prefs script won't recognize my stationery file (it's grayed out). Did the revisions for scripting in Office 2004 break the script? Is there a workaround? Thanks, Steven Hi Steven, What script is this? Did you check macscripter.net to see if a new version is out? If not, your best bet is probably to go back to the ReadMe on the script and see if you can email the script writer and ask them about it. Or you could try opening up the script looking for anything obviously ...

Dateserial same every time
I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am using DateSerial as a default in a textbox and no matter what I keep getting 1/31/2010. I have tried to put in anything just to get it to be something other than 1/31/2010...DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) AND DateSerial(Year (DateField), Month(DateField)+1,0) AND even tried to hard code DateSerial (2005,12,12)...still got 1/31/2010! What I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 I can understand why you...

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

publisher 2007 printing
I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders around text boxes. Any ireas?? brian wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. Check the website of your printer manufacturer for an updated printer driver. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "brian" wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. > Any ireas?? Brian, Right Click on the text box and choose edit text box. There are choice...

MS CRM Certification question

MS Money 2005 Basics

Please help with Excel VB question
Hi, I'm trying to set a Name range in Excel through VB, by setting the name property when a specific cell in a worksheet is changed. The code is as follows: fred1 = CStr("=PL!$A$4:$E$" Worksheets("Control").Range("maxnumpass").Value) ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="numpasslist", RefersTo:=fred1 My problem is that the change is only active for the worksheet where I change the cell. Is it possible to ensure that this change takes effect across all worksheets in the workbook? Any and all help appreciated either in a reply to this post or on jgal...

How do I print my adress list?
How do I print my adresslist on labelsheets? In Excel i looks like this: Cell 1 Cell 2 Cell 3 Cell 4 Name Adress City Citycode Hi Andreas, You could try using a mail merge with MS Word. Sunil Jayakumar "Andreas" <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0D54EA7-FCE8-419B-AB47-353A6BF56A2A@microsoft.com... > How do I print my adresslist on labelsheets? > > In Excel i looks like this: > > Cell 1 Cell 2 Cell 3 Cell 4 > Name Adress City Citycode Hi Andreas, Some specific help printing la...

request help on enumeration/numbering algorithm
I have a bunch of dots that I draw on a form and connect them with lines. I have 3 basic groups of dots within a larger group (of which I have hundreds of the larger groups - meaning I will have nearly 1000 of the individual dot groups). I need to color code these dots with 3 separate colors. So starting with a counter at 1 -- the 1 dots group will be blue (for example) and 2 dots group will be yellow, the 3 dots group will be purple -- this is for the first big group. In the 2nd big group we have the 4 dots group (blue), the 5 dots group (yellow), the 6 dots group (purple). Then ...

Inserting Photos into a blank Publisher 2003 Document
When I go to insert & select a photo to insert, I can NOt see the photo but I can resize it. The graphics manager task pane shows all my pictures as "embedded"!? How can I stop photos from being embedded? They never used to be? Read the fourth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Teresa K" <Teresa K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E724C7-EA35-496C-A657-3DF6AB723B0C@microsoft.com... > When I go to insert &...

MS Access

Windows installer and clip organizer
I just installed microsoft office 2007 standard and whenever I open clip organizer, then windows installer also opens. I am not able to cancel windows installer and i am not able to do anything with clip organizer. I have tryed reinstalling it but nothing i have done has worked. Any suggestions? thanks. The Organizer has its own detect and repair. Are you allowing the Organizer to connect to the Office site? What are your firewall settings? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dabears" <dabears@discussio...

Outlook's Out of office Assistant #2
When turning on Outlook's Out of office Assistant, Internally I get response from Out of office, however no response to the outside world. How do you allow resonses from senders outsde of you exchange system? The Exchange administrator needs to turn the option on via Exchange Administrator (Exchange 5.5) or Exchange System Manager (Exchange 2000/2003). If you are the Exchange administrator, can you post what version of Exchange? /neo ps - warning: enabling out of office notification to the internet can introduce mail loops. "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...