Moving a Text Box on a page

I am starting my third newsletter.  Most pages have two text boxes side by
side equidistance from the borders with a space in the middle between the two
columns.  This time I can't seem to use the up/down/left/right arrows to move
my text boxes where I want to place them.  Selecting the text box & dragging
it is not satisfactory as the range is too large.

The little vertical circles (top one green) connected by a vertical line are
displayed when I click/select the text box I wish to move.  But the text box
won't move when I select the arrow keys.  What am I doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks, Coral
0
Coral (8)

Can you edit the text inside that box?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Coral" <Coral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am starting my third newsletter.  Most pages have two text boxes side by
> side equidistance from the borders with a space in the middle between the
> two
> columns.  This time I can't seem to use the up/down/left/right arrows to
> move
> my text boxes where I want to place them.  Selecting the text box &
> dragging
> it is not satisfactory as the range is too large.
>
> The little vertical circles (top one green) connected by a vertical line
> are
> displayed when I click/select the text box I wish to move.  But the text
> box
> won't move when I select the arrow keys.  What am I doing wrong or not
> doing?
>
> Thanks, Coral

0
jl_paules (2767)
3/7/2007 9:38:19 PM
Yes, I can edit the text.
Coral

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Can you edit the text inside that box?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> Microsoft MVP - Publisher
>

> "Coral" <Coral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am starting my third newsletter.  Most pages have two text boxes side by
> > side equidistance from the borders with a space in the middle between the
> > two
> > columns.  This time I can't seem to use the up/down/left/right arrows to
> > move
> > my text boxes where I want to place them.  Selecting the text box &
> > dragging
> > it is not satisfactory as the range is too large.
> >
> > The little vertical circles (top one green) connected by a vertical line
> > are
> > displayed when I click/select the text box I wish to move.  But the text
> > box
> > won't move when I select the arrow keys.  What am I doing wrong or not
> > doing?
> >
> > Thanks, Coral

0
Coral (8)
3/7/2007 9:45:00 PM
Check the text box properties, right-click the text box, format text box,
layout, is the exact displayed?
Do you have the text boxes grouped?
Is there a border on the page, if so send it to the back.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Coral" <Coral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am starting my third newsletter.  Most pages have two text boxes side by
> side equidistance from the borders with a space in the middle between the two
> columns.  This time I can't seem to use the up/down/left/right arrows to move
> my text boxes where I want to place them.  Selecting the text box & dragging
> it is not satisfactory as the range is too large.
>
> The little vertical circles (top one green) connected by a vertical line are
> displayed when I click/select the text box I wish to move.  But the text box
> won't move when I select the arrow keys.  What am I doing wrong or not doing?
>
> Thanks, Coral

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/7/2007 9:50:36 PM
Coral wrote:
>snip<
>>> text box won't move when I select
>>> the arrow keys.  What am I doing
>>> wrong or not doing?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Coral
======================
Try holding your Alt key when  you use
the arrow keys.

--
        John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
3/7/2007 9:56:02 PM
In Format Text Box, Layout, Object Postion box shows Exact in faint print.
It is not 'enabled'.
Position on page has measurements enabled for horizontal, vertical.  These
setting are the same as when I did my newsletter last March.  I used another
computer for the fall newsletter so don't know what that was set at.  I do
know I could move the text box using the 'arrows' last March.
There is no border on the page.
Coral

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Check the text box properties, right-click the text box, format text box,
> layout, is the exact displayed?
> Do you have the text boxes grouped?
> Is there a border on the page, if so send it to the back.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Coral" <Coral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am starting my third newsletter.  Most pages have two text boxes side by
> > side equidistance from the borders with a space in the middle between the two
> > columns.  This time I can't seem to use the up/down/left/right arrows to move
> > my text boxes where I want to place them.  Selecting the text box & dragging
> > it is not satisfactory as the range is too large.
> >
> > The little vertical circles (top one green) connected by a vertical line are
> > displayed when I click/select the text box I wish to move.  But the text box
> > won't move when I select the arrow keys.  What am I doing wrong or not doing?
> >
> > Thanks, Coral

0
Coral (8)
3/7/2007 10:02:18 PM
Well, for heaven's sake.  That WORKED!!!
Thank you John, JoAnn & Mary for your invaluable help.
Bless you for being there for us,
Coral

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Coral wrote:
> >snip<

> ======================
> Try holding your Alt key when  you use
> the arrow keys.
>
> --
>         John Inzer
>     MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
Coral (8)
3/7/2007 10:06:05 PM
Yea! Glad to hear you're back up and running

--

> Well, for heaven's sake.  That WORKED!!!
> Thank you John, JoAnn & Mary for your invaluable help.
> Bless you for being there for us,
> Coral
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> Coral wrote:
>> >snip<

>> ======================
>> Try holding your Alt key when  you use
>> the arrow keys.
>>
>> --
>>         John Inzer
>>     MS Picture It! -
>> Digital Image MVP
>>
>>       Digital Image
>> Highlights and FAQs
>> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>>
>>             Notice
>> This is not tech support
>>       I am a volunteer
>>
>>  Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk

0
jl_paules (2767)

inv tranx post to GL check box
why is there a p "post to GL check box" on inventory batch window? how does this work in conjunction with posting setup inventory transaction "post to GL" check box. If this box is not checked, when ever a batch of inventory transactions is posted, they will update inventory but NOT the GL. There will be NO transactions generated to be posted later either. This box MUST be posted all the time. Contact your VAR, I think Microsoft has a chunk file that will keep this box checked. If they don't. I can send you one I have. Send me an email address to info@acco...

Graphic with text boxes
Hi, I seem to have a problem. I am charting the performance of stocks with the change in recommendations of analysts. So I build a simply line chart (which I have automated). I am including text boxes on top of the graphic which have a line pointing down to a date on the chart line. The attached word file shows an example of what the graphic looks like. The problem is: when I update the graphic and add new price data, the chart line shifts to the left (because I'm charting more data now) but the text boxes and lines do not move with the graphic (I want the boxes and lines to move with the...

Moving license to a new computer

Check Box #3
I am trying to add check boxes to a protected document that will be selected when I tab through the document. Does anyone know if the check boxes can be formatted to be activated in theis way. Right now, I have to select the check boxes with the mouse. Thanks you could try this solution that I came up with a while back. This is a copy of that post Another way is to use this technique of having a check column, and monitoring it with a worksheet selection change event. Add your code as needed. Rather than use a checkbox, I suggest just using a check column. So if we assume that the dat...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Control Tool Box
Hi, I want to learn how to use the elements (e.g. command button, option button, combo box etc.) in the control tool box. Can someone point me to some articles/tutorial? Don't seem to have much luck with help? What is the control tool box for anyway? Thanks. Epinn It is a collection of worksheet controls that are event driven. If you select one and then draw it on a worksheet, double-click the object and you will be taken to a template event procedure for that control. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Epinn" <...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Counting unique cells (with text) in a filtered list
Hi Is there a simple way to count unique text values in the 'header" of a column where the adjoining column has had the filter switched on? Example A Home B Car B Home C Home C Home D Car If filtered on Home in the second column, should show 3 (ie A,B and C). Thanks in advance Try this array formula** : =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A7,ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2),0,1)),MATCH(A2:A7,A2:A7,0)),ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2)+1)>0,1)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key ...

clip art disappears when page starts printing
using publisher: my clip art disappears from the page when I begin printing. I don't know if it is a publisher thing or my printer thing. I have to remember to save right before I print so if it diappears, I can close it and re-open it again. I sometimes have to do this several times and then, for unknown reasons, it will work and print great. I'd check out new drivers, either for the printer or your graphics card, or both. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "deniseduppee" <deniseduppee@discussion...

How do I stop Excel auto formatting the text 3-4 as 04 Apr?
I run a web query that imports soccer results to Excel. Unfortunately the web site formats the result as 3-1 for example. This text is automatically converted to 03 Jan by Excel. I can't seem to stop this happening, even if I explicitly set the cell format to text. Doing so just converts the contents, which were a date, to the internal date number and if I re load the data it reverts to 03 Jan again. Does anyone know how I might get excel to leave the format of the cells alone? thanks ahughf There is no turn off for this, you can either preformat the cells as text or precede the e...

Locking Bound Combo Box!
I Have 3 Combo Boxes(Bound to a table) on my form, Is it possible that one of the Combo Boxes once you enter date (Text) it locks and if you want to change the text you have to delete the record and create a new one.....thanks for any advise.............Bob You'll first have to move focus to another control, then you can set the Locked and Enabled properties of the control so that the user cannot edit it. Put code along these lines in the control's AfterUpdate event procedure: Me.SomeOtherControl.SetFocus Me.YourComboBox.Locked = True Me.YourComboBox.Enabled = ...

Moving Folder error

Word macro based on following text
Hi, I need to call a date convert macro from Word. I have the macro which can covert the date from one format to another but every time need to run the macro. Let me put that as an example. Last Due Date : 40170 - this is relative date. I have macro to convert this. as soon as i type the macro behind the number, it should convert it. Last Due Date : 40170=cdate ---should call the macro and next moment macro does Last Due Date : 40170=23-12-2009 issue here, how can activate the macro :) thank you very much for your help. regards, Dwija Instead of typing =cdate, ass...

Moving between worksheets

Edit SQL behind data access page
I'm experienced with a PHP/Mysql enviroment and have, in the past week, been thrown into an access project to finish up the data access pages. Is there a way to look at the SQL going on in a data access page at all? I'm working on a page to add new entries to a one-to- many relational table and access's wizards can't seem to figure it out. If there is a way I can populate the drop down menus by my own sql, and then create the actual "INSERT" sql that would save me a lot of trouble. I've tried looking at the html page source but I haven't found much useful ...