Move Publisher 2000 to a new computer

How do I move Publisher 2000 from an old machine (running Win982nd) to a new
computer (running WinXP) since it has already been activated on the old
machine?
0
DoorLady (2)

Uninstall it from your old system. Install it on the new. Enter the 25-digit
number when asked for it.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"DoorLady" <DoorLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I move Publisher 2000 from an old machine (running Win982nd) to a
> new
> computer (running WinXP) since it has already been activated on the old
> machine?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/17/2005 9:58:26 PM
There is no physical limit on how many computers you can put Publisher 2000
on, only a legal, moral limit of one computer station and one portable
computer.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"DoorLady" <DoorLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I move Publisher 2000 from an old machine (running Win982nd) to a
new
> computer (running WinXP) since it has already been activated on the old
> machine?

I opted not to broadcast that point.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> There is no physical limit on how many computers you can put Publisher
> 2000
> on, only a legal, moral limit of one computer station and one portable
> computer.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "DoorLady" <DoorLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do I move Publisher 2000 from an old machine (running Win982nd) to a
> new
>> computer (running WinXP) since it has already been activated on the old
>> machine?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/17/2005 10:32:06 PM
I should have done this myself but called MS Publisher help. They walked me
through the installation and activation but told me to click on "Office"
instead of "Publisher" during the suggested custom installation, now I have
too sets of "Office Tools" Version 2003 and 2003. I suspect that will cause
some problems in the future. what do I do now?

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> There is no physical limit on how many computers you can put Publisher 2000
> on, only a legal, moral limit of one computer station and one portable
> computer.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "DoorLady" <DoorLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I move Publisher 2000 from an old machine (running Win982nd) to a
> new
> > computer (running WinXP) since it has already been activated on the old
> > machine?

0
DoorLady (2)
1/17/2005 10:53:02 PM
Face it JoAnn, there are only two saintly people left on earth, thee and me
and one's a fibber.;-)

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I opted not to broadcast that point.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> > There is no physical limit on how many computers you can put Publisher
> > 2000
> > on, only a legal, moral limit of one computer station and one portable
> > computer.
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >

> > "DoorLady" <DoorLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> How do I move Publisher 2000 from an old machine (running Win982nd) to
> > new
> >> computer (running WinXP) since it has already been activated on the old
> >> machine?

Doorlady <Doorlady@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I should have done this myself but called MS Publisher help. They
> walked me through the installation and activation but told me to
> click on "Office" instead of "Publisher" during the suggested custom
> installation, now I have too sets of "Office Tools" Version 2003 and
> 2003. I suspect that will cause some problems in the future. what do
> I do now?

Each version of Office, or product from a version of Office, that you
install will have a set of Office Tools for that Office version.

e.g. If you install Publisher 2000, FrontPage 2002 and Office 2003, you will
get Office Tools for Office 2000, Office XP and Office 2003.
These should not conflict with each other in any way, and it's safe to leave
them there.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/18/2005 8:13:03 AM
Only when it comes to my age - or weight.  ;-) (Okay, even then, when push
comes to shove, I'll admit both.)

I *try* to live a legal life. Especially with computers and software. I
don't download music, never have. I have licenses for all of my software.
Have I always? No, but then I got more involved with copyright issues in
another area. I realized that violating copyright or EULA regs is theft. It
could be said that Bill G really doesn't need the 57� that he makes off of
the sale of a single copy of Office. (I don't know how much her personally
makes, I'm just pulling a number out of my ear.) Unfortunately it's not just
ONE person doing this - it's thousands and thousands. At what point does it
cross from "not nice to bend the rules" to theft of intellectual property?

This doesn't mean I'm "holier than thou". Believe me, I am a (very) flawed
human being. I just think that it's not up to me to tell people how to bend
the rules. Especially with a Microsoft product - and my position as an MVP.

--

> Face it JoAnn, there are only two saintly people left on earth, thee and
> me
> and one's a fibber.;-)
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I opted not to broadcast that point.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>> > There is no physical limit on how many computers you can put Publisher
>> > 2000
>> > on, only a legal, moral limit of one computer station and one portable
>> > computer.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Don
>> > Vancouver, USA
>> >

>> > "DoorLady" <DoorLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > new

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Access 2000 limitations
I have an application that works over an Access 2000 database. A few days ego I noticed problemas in the database, as records are deleted alone. I'm just suspecting that Access 2000 does not support then number of records in the database: Table 1 - Two million records Table 2 - One million records Table 3 - One hundred thousand records. Other tables are smaller, over 300 records. Then full file contains these tables is 500 mb The question is if anyone has had problems with access to this amount of records? I have to delete records to avoid further loss records? ...

Moving license to a new computer

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

Outlook 2000 Autosignature displays HTML source in HTML mode
I had my graphical autosignature working for outgoing e- mails, but found this week that it suddenly began displaying HTML source code instead. I verified that I am still in HTML mode, but cannot get Outlook to display the signature properly. This seems to have happened at about the time that I received what appearde to be an RTF formatted e-mail, to which I responded. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can restore HTML capabilities to my outgoing e-mails? Regards, Alex ...

Safe to Move?

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Publisher 2003
I am using Publisher 2003 and have set up Styles for easy formatting. The font colors I have set up randomly keep changing back to Black. Example: I have a style set up called Header - Autumn with the font color of Orange. At times when I open my file to print it, all the text I chose Header - Autumn for is now Black. It's showing Black on my monitor and it's printing black. When I go back in to where I set the style up, it's also reverted to Black. This isn't happening to all my Styles. Just randomly enough to drive you nuts. Got any suggestions as to what's...

most of the programs on my computer won't boot. Help please.
I rebooted my computer this afternoon, and it reboots enough to show my online connection, but nothing else on my boot screen. When I click on any program or shortcut I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You many not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The only way I can access my browser is by going to the control panel and clicking on windows update. I noticed in one of my attempts to get everything to boot, that the date was saying 4/4/2010, but I went in boot with c prompt (or whatever it's called) and did ...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Rule to notify me of new mail
Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send notification of new mail to a specified e-mail address, but importantly i cannot forward the original message - it's an office setup and we're not allowed to fwd 'confidential' messages over the web. Also i cannot install any 'tool' as i have seen on the web - are there any other options??? help please alastairharding@hotmail.com wrote in news:1105528667.656658.91690 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send > notification of ne...

Moving Folder error