Modify Printer setup on Publisher

Does anyone know how to get Publisher recondider insisting that I have a
Postscript printer?  In an attempt to have Publisher 2003 print (convert to
PDF) my book, I had to play with different sized of the pages including the
Postscript.  The size of my page on the publisher is 5.5X8 inch.  However,
the Publisher gives me an error message that my Postscript printer needs to
be version 2 and not 1.  Even when I select a new file and selecting my laser
printer, it gives me the same error message and does not allow me to print.

It may be easier to convey Mr. Gates that my printer is not Postscript than
to change the setting on Publisher.  Unfortunately, I am committed to
Publisher otherwise I would yank out Publisher in its entirety.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f4753422-0307-4a7e-ab54-b460f4217205&dg=microsoft.public.publisher
0
Uwser (1)

Do you have a default printer selected in the printer folder? Is your laser the
default printer?
What is the error message?  It would be helpful to know

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Frustrated Publisher Uwser" <Frustrated Publisher
Uwser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to get Publisher recondider insisting that I have a
> Postscript printer?  In an attempt to have Publisher 2003 print (convert to
> PDF) my book, I had to play with different sized of the pages including the
> Postscript.  The size of my page on the publisher is 5.5X8 inch.  However,
> the Publisher gives me an error message that my Postscript printer needs to
> be version 2 and not 1.  Even when I select a new file and selecting my laser
> printer, it gives me the same error message and does not allow me to print.
>
> It may be easier to convey Mr. Gates that my printer is not Postscript than
> to change the setting on Publisher.  Unfortunately, I am committed to
> Publisher otherwise I would yank out Publisher in its entirety.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f4753422-0307-4a7e-ab54-b460f4217205&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/14/2007 4:06:40 PM
Frustrated Publisher Uwser wrote:
> In an attempt to have Publisher 2003 print (convert to
> PDF) my book, I had to play with different sized of the pages including the
> Postscript.

> It may be easier to convey Mr. Gates that my printer is not Postscript than
> to change the setting on Publisher.  Unfortunately, I am committed to
> Publisher otherwise I would yank out Publisher in its entirety.

All PDF drivers are PostScript printers.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Bill and Deposits Setup Question
I have a recurring transfer set up from checking to credit card. The problem it deducts from the checking fine but it adds to the credit card as a debit rather than a credit. I am using money 2004 and all of this was transferred from money 2000 2001 2002 2003 which worked fine now in 2004 it works as described. How do I correct this to work properly again. Did the type of the target account change from a credit card to some kind of cash account or something? Is there a "You Owe" balance shown at the bottom of the running balance column in the register? Do you download transaction d...

Publisher Colour Schemes are All Pink
Hi, My GF tried using a wizard in publisher 2000 today and complained that she could not change the colours from a horrible pink and aqua. I investigated and was also unable to alter the colours. My colour pallete (in custom schemes) comes up ok, but the sort of priview thing to the right only displays various shades of pink or aqua, no matter the colour I select in the "all colours" box. I can't seem to locate anyone having had a similar issue. I have tried "detect and repair" to no effect. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -john John <John@discussio...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

How can I troubleshoot my Publisher 2000 ?
All of a sudden my Publisher 2000 is not opening documents. I can choose recently saved documents from my folders to open, then I get a message re: the fonts that are embedded (all of which are in the computer and have been used in the past) and that they will be replaced. I say "ok" and then the program closes and I get a Microsoft "send error" report. I am not sure how to go about identifying the problem - or whether I need to re-install the program. What does the error say when you click details? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msaue...

Copy of Publisher 97
Have a PC that was new in 1999. I had to format the hard drive & reload the software. It is running Win98. When I went to load the Publisher 97 from the Office97 Small Business, it wouldn't go past a certain %. In examining my CD it is cracked. Since I have a license and the key code, is there any way to get a replacement cd or download. Your expertice would help alot!!!!! Thanks, R.Fritz Probably not at this point. You can try contacting Microsoft tho - nothing ventured, nothing gained. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];326246 "R.Fritz" &l...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Excel and Printers with Mailboxs
I am trying to resolve a issue with excel 2003 not using the local users printer mailbox preferences when printing a file from a different user. My setup is as follows Printer: HP LJ 8150 w/ Mailbox attachment Driver version: 0.24 System 1: Windows XP SP2 Office 2003 SP1 Printer set to Mailbox 6 System 2: Windows XP SP2 Office 2003 SP1 Printer set to Mailbox 3 My Test is as follows. I createa sprreadsheet on system 1 and set the priter to print to mailbox 6. I then save the file on a mpped drive. I then open the file from the same map...

timeline publisher
i need help making a timeline in publisher Specifically what do you need help with? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cTriks" <cTriks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A4E115-D8E0-4000-91BF-49E76B9027AC@microsoft.com... >i need help making a timeline in publisher Do this search http://images.google.com/images?q=timeline&hl=en The above search had about 200,000 hits. Look at the different timelines, select one that comes close to what you have in mind. All the tools are in Publisher for your creation. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://of...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Publisher 2000 #32
I have a really nice picture I would like to have put in the background and insert a poem on top of it. I would like the picture softer/lighter but still with the original colors. How do I do that? And when I insert the poem on top of it how do I get the picture to show through? Do you have an image editing program? You will get better results, however, View, Go to background (ctrl+m) insert your picture, select the picture, format menu, click recolor picture, click color, fill effects. Experiment to see if you get the effect you want. When you are finished, go to foreground (ctr...

publish configuration overwrites isv.config from where..?
I'm aware that isv.config is changed when customisations are imported with the Deployment Manager. But Publish Custumisation also seems to overwrite the file from somewhere (even if only contacts is selected to publish etc.)...? Our problem is a client is editing forms and they lose any changes to the isv.config every time they publish.. Where is it getting overwritten from? (We edit _resources\isv.config) TIA Simon I had this same issue. You need to go to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Tools\config folder and rename or delete the isv.config in there. I am unsure why this is ...

What if my paper size is not listed in Publisher
I am trying to print a picture onto a page that is 6.5" square. I would prefer the page be borderless with only the picture on the paper. I can't find this size under the "page setup" option, and so it never prints the way I need it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Custom or user defined -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "teeitupon2" <teeitupon2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AA9564E-7946-41CE-8980-511D3D7BE794@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a picture onto a page that is 6.5" square. I would > pref...

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Name Badges in Publisher?
I am trying to create custom Name tags in publisher. I want to print 8 different names on one sheet. Right now, I can only get one name per sheet on 8 tags. How do I do this. Publisher 2003 (your didn't say) help returned this: If you have a package of Avery labels with a specific product number, you can quickly open a matching label publication by using the Page Setup dialog box. 1.. On the File menu, click New to open a new publication. 2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup. 3.. Under Publication Type, select Label. 4.. Under Page Size, click the scroll arrows at the top...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

Publisher 2003 file
I created a tri-fold brochure. Now, I want to send it so that can be edited by others for their own use. How can I do this? Do they have Publisher? If so, just attach the file to an email. If they don't, they can't edit it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "djh" <djh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D4244C-36BA-49DE-9255-B0E6455E7C23@microsoft.com... >I created a tri-fold brochure. Now, I want to send it so that can be edited > by others for their o...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...

Modified by on
Hi gurus, I am doing 2008 operating plan and i have created over 30 excel templates to be used by every unit in my department. I stored these templates on a shared folder onto my pc and accessable thru a webpage i creaeted for this purpose. I wanted to know who submitted what in a glance, so i created another file called "status" with a list of all units with total unit budget against the unit. The total cell reads from the unit's template. Now, i know which unit has updated its file if the total against the unit name shows other than $0 ... but i am not really happy with this. I...

office publisher #3
ola gostaria de saber como passar um texto do office publicher para word. http://office.microsoft.com/pt-br/publisher/FX100649121046.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "moshe" <moshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02509527-47BE-4F29-8494-232CC5A13AF3@microsoft.com... > ola gostaria de saber como passar um texto do office publicher para word. ...

email finished Publisher document from Publisher
My first day on Publisher. I created my document. I want to email it to a friend. When I save it the "working" image gets sent NOT the final document. It I make a copy then I have to scan it and it arrives at the recipient not a clear as the original. How do I send my "finished" original. Sara Working Image? Do you mean the .pub file? Try saving the .pub as a jpg and emailing that...otherwise you'll need to send as a pdf file...using Adobe Acrobat or CutePDF or PrimoPDF. "Ms Sara" <Ms Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E984E82...