Missing Fonts in Word Art

When I open up a Pub 2003 document on a computer that did not create the
document, the fonts that are missing on the current computer are listed as
the document is opened. These missing fonts are only those used in text
boxes, not the fonts used in word art. The word art just defaults to an
arial font. When I open the "edit text" menu in word art, the font box is
blank.

Do I have a setting wrong or is this just how it is with Publisher 2003?

Thanks,

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brad Lyon

bradnospam@ldgpv.com

0
bob83 (1)

PIPster wrote:
> When I open up a Pub 2003 document on a computer that did not create the
> document, the fonts that are missing on the current computer are listed as
> the document is opened. These missing fonts are only those used in text
> boxes, not the fonts used in word art. The word art just defaults to an
> arial font. When I open the "edit text" menu in word art, the font box is
> blank.
>
> Do I have a setting wrong or is this just how it is with Publisher 2003?

No, that's the way things are. I think it's to do with Publisher's
WordArt deriving from Office's shared drawing features (Escher), whereas
the text box was designed especially for Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

I cant see pictures inserted into word/publisher #2
On reopening saved files I can't see pictures inserted into Word or Publisher. ...

How to correct stalling in opening documents on Word 2003?
Recently I have been having a 10 second delay in opening and shutting down Microsoft Word 2003 documents. This does not happen on Exel 2003. Can anyone advise how I can resolve this stalling? ...

Missing files

Font Problems #2
When I cut and paste a table from Excel into Publisher, the characters many times do not have the proper spacing. Sometimes to far apart. Sometimes too close together, especially with the number one. I've tried a variety of fonts, including courier. Nothing helps. Anybody experiencing this? What versions of software are involved here including operating system. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

How to hide or disable toolbars and ribbon in word with vba or vb6
I am trying to hide or disable the ribbon and toolbars in Word 2007, within a VB6 program, but have been unable to get it to work. I am using early binding so that I can see the Word objects and methods, but have been unable to find a combination that will work on my files. Have tried Dim wrd As Word.Application Dim obar As Office.CommandBar For Each obar In wrd.CommandBars obar.Enabled = False obar.visible = False Next I assume there is something I am missing here. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks, Norm ...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Where can I find the "tools" button in Word 2007?
I upgraded to a new PC running Windows 7 with Office 2007. I am used to the usage tools in Word 2000. Where can I locate the "Tools" button and the other options that are in Word 2000? I really need to get this figured out because I have to transfer my MT auto-correct files from my backup. Thank you for any help! Click on the Office (Pizza) button and then on Word Options in the bottom of the dialog. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally...

Macro to Resize Cells for Word Wrap
Hi folks, Would like to write a macro that checks the cells in column D, and resizes those that have wrap-around text that is not showing. Many thanks... ./Randy Randy, What do you want to change to resize? Column width? Height? For height, you can set all the rows to autofit (Format - Rows - Autofit). Rows that have been manually height-adjusted go out of autofit mode. You can set all of column D to wrap by selecting it, then Format - Cells - Alignment - Word wrap. Maybe this will take care of this situation. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --------...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

inserting a word in a sentence
I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I don't remember how? Why would you have to retype a paragraph or sentence? Just put your cursor where you want and type the word. "Beej" <Beej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06EF59CC-51FF-4871-B9B3-0D6788B8C03D@microsoft.com... :I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to : completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I don't : remember how?...

How Do I make one word in a cell vertical and the other horizonta
I am trying to create tabs for an Index label. How do you make the number of the chapter Vertical & the title Horizontal.. Interesting concept, but I don't think you can. You could use a helper cell (a column to the left of the cell you ar viewing) which was one character wide, and had 'Wrap Text' set i Format Cells, Alignment. You could also rotate this text by 90� if required. Hope this helps -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21...

Can I get a publisher file into word?
A friend did a flyer for me in publisher. I only have word 2003 is there any way for me to view this in word. We are a new small business and I may need publisher to do flyers, is there a way to get publisler online? Microsoft has a Publisher trial download. It would be much less expensive to buy it from another vender. Your friend can save the flyer as a PDF, there are free converters around. The friend can try to copy/paste to Word. You will lose the formatting for the most part. A lot depends on the complexity of the flyer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:/...

limit comments to only 600 words
I have created a text box but I want the text length to be equal to or less than 600 words. How do I do that in Excel 2003 please Assuming you are using the 'Control Toolbox' textbox, in the worksheet module that the textbox is located [assuming the name of the textbox is TextBox1], put... Private Sub TextBox1_Change() If Len(TextBox1.Value) > 600 Then TextBox1.Value = Left(TextBox1.Value, 600) End If End Sub -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Tim" wrote: ...

Missing Message Text

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

Word has encountered a problem
I get this message the first time I open a file in Word after Windows startup using File/Open. If I restart Word it works OK and I don't see the error again during that computer session. The error does not occur if I open a file in Word using Recent Documents or by double clicking on a file in Explorer. It only occurs on the first File/Open I have tried the following: - resetting the normal.dotm file - turning of Microsoft Security Essentials - running winword.exe as Administrator Any suggestions? The text of the error message is as follows - interesting that it sa...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

My spell check keeps switching off in word 2007
Every time i try and write a document the spell checking keeps switching off. Depsite me switching it back on, it changes back as soon as I start typing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Can anyone help cos this is driving me potty?? Is the correct language applied to text? See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "geordielass86" <geordielass86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034EE38C-F6EB-44F5-A875-C55709A58B67@microsoft.com... > Every time i try an...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Missing .dll on opening
Upon opening Outlook 2002 I get a message that I am missing MociExt.dll but I cannot get it to reload during any sort of fix or reinstall of Outlook. Any ideas? This started occuring after a recent update I did to Office. John, I don't believe that's a file installed by Office/Outlook. So, my guess is that you have an Outlook add-in that's causing this problem. Please do the following steps to confirm this assumption: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. Press and hold the CTRL key as you launch Outlook. 3. When prompted to start in Safe mode click Yes. Does the error occur? If not, please...

Can I Merge Card Symbols (Clubs, Diamonds, etc) with a Font that doesn't have them
I am trying to output text that contains the card symbols for clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades. The are in the Unicode sequence as \x2660,\x2661, etc, My app is a VS.NET 2005 newly created project and TCHAR is defaulting to two bytes. In a CListCtrl I draw the lines of text but the card symbols show up as empty little squares. I have a font picker for the list and it appears that the default font when the app starts up is Tahoma! If I change the font used by the list control to Arial, then the card symbols appear correctly, so I assume that the Tahoma doesn't have the card sy...