Mirror pages

We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came
with Publisher.  Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the
name of the catalog, the page number and a little image.  When we began this,
we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept).  Now
we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within
the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page.  What we
would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having
these items on the left hand corner and the right pages(even number) having
these facing on the right corner.  We have gone up and down this program and
cannot find how to fix this now that the entire catalog is finished.

Can some one here please offer some advice on how to do this?

Thank you!
 --
Marlen
0

Look at Insert - page numbers. If this was set up as a Master Page, it would
be A LOT easier than if it is done on each of the 55 pages.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Marlen" <Marlen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that
> came
> with Publisher.  Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows
> the
> name of the catalog, the page number and a little image.  When we began
> this,
> we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept).
> Now
> we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within
> the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page.  What we
> would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number)
> having
> these items on the left hand corner and the right pages(even number)
> having
> these facing on the right corner.  We have gone up and down this program
> and
> cannot find how to fix this now that the entire catalog is finished.
>
> Can some one here please offer some advice on how to do this?
>
> Thank you!
> --
> Marlen

0
jl_paules (2767)

Page Bread Bug!!
Hi, I am a fairly experienced user of XL but I still have not found an explanation for this happening... Sometimes a workbook will suddenly switch to a page PER CELL for every worksheet within it (and all other open workbooks as far as I can tell). Has anyone seen this before and know why it happens? Once it happens i can't find anyway of reverting to normal except by closing and not saving (I've tried all the obvious page setup options etc.) Thanks in advance. ...

How to send one-page form out email and keep i to one page
I creaed a registraion form with a few places to be filled in--protected it for just filling in the blanks and sent out via email. When received, the page was NO longer one-page but two. When viewing on my computer, even sending it tomyself, the form is only one page. How can I get this form to stay as one page when sending out to others???? To preserve the layout, try putting the form fields inside (border-less) table cells whose dimensions are fixed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Georgia Podsobiski" <Georgia Podsobiski@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

insert page number in Roman letter
I need to insert page number in Roman letter like this i, ii, iii, iv; how can i do that ? please help me Have a look at Jim Cone's code at this URL http://snipurl.com/9qze Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:35:10 -0700, "Pragati" <Pragati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to insert page number in Roman letter like this i, ii, iii, iv; how >can i do that ? please help me ...

database mirroring question
for database mirroring, can one mirror server to two principle servers? That means two mirrored servers mirror to one same mirroring server. Is that ok? Thanks. ...

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

How do I print 4 page newsletter on 11 x 17 paper?
I have a printer capable of printing 11 x 17 paper; printer settings and preferences are set according to the Publisher 2003 instructions. The newsletter is set up to print a booklet on 11 x 17 paper. The print preview is perfect. My problem is the end result printed page is the properly placed two pages side by side but printed only on the bottom half of the 11 x 17 paper. Am I confusing the printer by setting the printer preferences in the Control Panel and setting the same preferences in the document printing preferences? I don't know why you would change printing preferences in...

Remove part of Page Header on last page
I have a report that has a Page Header that I want to print on every page, except on the last page, where I only want some of the information from the Page Header to print. I tried adding code to remove the information by making these controls invisible on the ReportFooter_Print event, which previews fine, but when it's actually printed it makes these controls invisible on all pages. Is this possible to do? In the PageFooter OnFormat event write the code 'Check if last page and return the oposite value to hide the text box Me.TextBoxName.Visible = Not ( [Page] = [Pages]) -- G...

SQL Server 2005 Mirroring (Same Server Mirror)
I am trying to set up SQL Server 2005 mirroring for testing on the same Windows 2003 server. I have created two separate SQL Server 2005 database instances. After setting up the mirroring between the two instances. When I tried to Start Mirroring after the configuration I received the error listed below. One or more of the sever network addresses lacks a fully qualified domain name (FQDN for each server, and click Start Mirroring again. The syntax for a fully-qualified TCP address is: TCP://<computer_name>,<domain_segment>[,<domain_segment>];<port>...

How to insert a page in a book that has linked text boxes.
How do you link a text box to the previous and following pages after inserting a new page in a sequentially paged document. If I understand you correctly you have something like this. 10 page booklet and pages 1 through 5 are linked, page 6 isn't and pages 7 through 10 are linked. Now you want to link all pages 1 through 10. Here's how I would do it in Publisher 2000 Create 5 linked pages to page 5. Now you have pages 1 through 10 linked, page 11 and page 12 through 15 linked. Cut (copy)/paste new page 11 (orig pg 6) to new page 6. Now for a little razzle dazzle. Go to new p...

Form as Web Page
It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a webpage. I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc... Yes you could save as a Data Access Page. Does not have all the functionality of regular forms. Maybe this would help: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web databases. Quite nice from what I have seen. The ...

how do I condense a two page letter to one page
what is the procedure to use when a letter spills over onto a second page and you want make it fit onto one page? Decrease the margins? Make the fonts smaller? Edit out some of the content? Wave a magic wand? "staples" <staples@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E80642-009D-4AC4-8B5D-3E3CD5EB1BEE@microsoft.com... : what is the procedure to use when a letter spills over onto a second page and : you want make it fit onto one page? To fit more text on the page: * Make your margins smaller so the text area is larger * Use a smaller font * T...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Changing Publisher Default Page Settings
Does anyone know how to change the default page setting from letter to A4 in Publisher 2002? I have changed the default in the printer settings but this has made no difference. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from rajen@paradise.net.nz <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Does anyone know how to change the default page setting > from letter to A4 in Publisher 2002? I have changed the > default in the printer settings Have you made sure that you are changing the settings on the *default* printer? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft ...

Word Will NOT Let Pages Become Default Word Processor
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like Pages NOT Word to be my default WP. Word overrides my command and insinuates itself as my default WP. How do I get Word to relinquish control and failing that, how do I uninstall Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. All I really want is Entourage. Thank you. What do you mean by "default WP" & what "command" are you referring to? Word doesn't control anything � When you open a file in any way other than by File> Open within a specific program te OS determines what progra...

Barcode on HTML page.
I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail description page with proper style sheet in HTML. I want to display a barcode on the same page, can any one tell me please how can I do that ? I am generating the HTML dynamically using VB.Net. Waiting for your reply Vicky... :-) Google it, you should be able to find what you are looking for. Rob "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07A3E26A-CA8A-4499-B29F-3F12EBAE29B2@microsoft.com... >I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail >description > pag...

C# Net GridView LinkButton open a new page
Hi, In my C# .Net framework 2.0 web application, I have a GridView which has the LinkButton ItemTemplate. I would like to have the click event for the LinkButton then it will open a new web page( not redirect). I think I'm stucking in the javascript with the asp control, need help! Thanks. Jason ...

send page by email
user having a problem send a web page as html using outlook 2002 on w2k system... If he is working offline in outlook but wants to send a web page as html, outlook makes the email as a web link and not as an html page .. (long story as to why he wants to work offline in outlook but is still connected to web) .. (when working in outlook as "connected" it works fine) .. why does outlook do this a is the a way to fix it ...

Database Mirroring and Insert Statement
In SQL Server 2005, in Dev environment, the application takes 10-15 minutes to insert 129,000 records but in prod it takes 2 hours. Dev is not set up for database mirroring but prod is set up for database mirroring. The database is identical and server hardware in prod is better. There is no other activity happening in prod. during that time. What could be the possible reasons. >The database is > identical and server hardware in prod is better. "Better" is a relative term. I frequently see installation where a test or dev environment has one single disk and a pr...

Insert Page Break Question
Earlier today, I was given code to insert an automatic page break. I am using Office 2003. The code was: Sub Macropagebreak() For Each CELL In Range("A:A") If CELL = "1" Then CELL.Rows.Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell Else End If Next End Sub My question is this. This worked fine on Excel 2003. When I tried to use it on Excel 2000, the code would not work. Is there a different way to do this in earlier versions of Excel? Thanks... -- Don Rountree I am using XL2000 and your code is working for me....

Default page background
When I open publisher, and open up a template, the page that the template is on when I reduce it down to less than 100 percent is in a color that makes it difficult to work with, i.e red. How can I change the color. This is not the background color on the layout I am working on, but the color that the layout page is on. Read this http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E03CE906-AFDA-4AF4-9FEB-3DD0...

Repeating Rows and Columns on each page of print out
I have a problem formatting my report in the way I would like to. I want to repeat the top 10 rows and the first 4 columns of my report on each page when I print it (therefore the text I want repeated makes an upside down L shape) I know that I need to do the following: Rows to repeat: $1:$10 Columns to repeat: $A:$D However, the report 'headings' in the first 10 rows include merged cells (e.g I merge 6A - 6T). This causes a problem in the printed version of the report, as any header text which is not 'alligned' with columns A-D will not appear on any page other than ...

Witness Server in SQL Mirroring
Hello everyone, is there someone who could tell me if the witness server in a mirroring configuration under SQL Server 2008 must be a third instance of a SQL Server? Can I setup the secondary DB within the mirroring as the witness as well? Thank' you for your help! Bye, Clark. -- =^= Live Long and Prosper I don't believe there is anything stopping you from doing so but that pretty much defeats the purpose. For instance if the witness is on the same server as the mirror and the network connection drops both the witness and the mirror will create a quorum and pro...

asp.net page with framework 2.0 andajax
I initially made an ASP.NET page and after I added AJAX code by entering the page is the initial declaration <% @ Register Assembly = "System.Web.Extensions, Version = 1.0.61025.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35 " Namespace = "System.Web.UI" TagPrefix = "asp"%> then I have write the ScriptManager in this page. In the web.config page i have write the tag <add assembly = "System.Web.Extensions, Version = 1.0.61025.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35 "/></ assemblies>. Now w...