Microsoft Publisher ?

Are you able to insert pictures and tables with it?

I currently use Microsoft Word for a lot of things but one problem I
run into and I hope can explain this correctly. I insert a picture and
want to type next to the picture but text has to be put on line below
picture which takes up space that I need.

Also not the right message board but can you insert pictures in an
excel spreadsheet and put text next to picture?

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions
Mark

0
mtran2000 (5)

In Publisher, yes.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tran" <mtran2000@aol.com> wrote in message
> Are you able to insert pictures and tables with it?
>
> I currently use Microsoft Word for a lot of things but one problem I
> run into and I hope can explain this correctly. I insert a picture and
> want to type next to the picture but text has to be put on line below
> picture which takes up space that I need.
>
> Also not the right message board but can you insert pictures in an
> excel spreadsheet and put text next to picture?
>
> Thanks in advance for help and suggestions
> Mark

0
jl_paules (2767)
8/27/2006 3:31:37 AM
Hi,

Word will do what you want. Insert picture, right click on picture and click
format picture, click the layout tab and click on the tight option. You can
then put the picture where you like by right clicking on the picture and
holding the mouse down until you place it where you want and then insert a
text box next to it and type in your caption or whatever you want. It works
much the same way as publisher and publisher seems easier but not everyone
has publisher where most have word.

KP

0
kayepayne (9)
8/27/2006 5:42:02 AM
You can also insert a two-column table in Word without borders - put your
photo in one side and your caption on the other side.
Ed

"Kaye Payne" <kayepayne@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Word will do what you want. Insert picture, right click on picture and
> click format picture, click the layout tab and click on the tight option.
> You can then put the picture where you like by right clicking on the
> picture and holding the mouse down until you place it where you want and
> then insert a text box next to it and type in your caption or whatever you
> want. It works much the same way as publisher and publisher seems easier
> but not everyone has publisher where most have word.
>
> KP

0
ed_millis (165)

Publisher 2002 #40
I installed publisher, ....publisher is on Control Panel, ....I can't find anywhere on computer drives, .......I tried to activate through Office tools, ...... I have restarted the machine atleast 4 times to no avail???????? Please help. It's listed on the Control Panel? Should be on the Start, Programs list. Right click on the shortcut, Properties should list the location. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C4CCEEC-4CE5-4B5B-AE59-7E1FB991D224@microsoft.com... >I installed publisher, .......

Converting Publisher 98 file to pdf
Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've been trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP) file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to do it. In Publisher help they suggest doing certain things, but when I try, the menu they speak of isn't there, so I can't complete the action. I'm at my wit's end. I need instructions very simple as I'm new to all this. I did take my file to a printer, but they don't use PC...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Opening Publisher #5
I have no clue what I have done. When I open Publisher the Windows Installer window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd. Nothing happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking. When I open a Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose to be. What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE99AA17-691D-4471-8CC5-20ACCFE692D4@microsoft.com....

Microsoft Promo

Publishing Workbook to Internet
I currently use Excel to create a single worksheet .htm file that upload to Yahoo and is viewable on the internet. Works just fine. I would now like to be able to upload a multi-worksheet .htm workboo to Yahoo and have only one of the worksheets(that I designate) show u on the internet. When I try to access such a file, I get a page tha says "Sorry, the page you requested was not found." Does anybody kno of a way that this can be done -- neb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nebb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

microsoft XL

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

Have URL and Web Server, but can't publish to web from Publisher 2
I have a website already, that I published and put to the web through Publisher 2000. With the 2003 version though I cannot send my completed website to the net. After entering the filename I am prompted for my Bigpond username & password. I have entered these correctly...but the Bigpond prompt keeps coming up. Is there a setting that I need to change ? I have tried uploading without my firewall, but the result is the same. I have put this question to Bigpond as well, and am waiting for my reply. Thanks for any help this thread has moved to appropriate forum. David Bartosik ...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

Logo's in Publisher
I have Windows ME and Publisher 2002 Hi. when I download a logo that is sent to me or boarder art I download, I insert it in my publisher doc and it always has a white box backroud. As if I put a fill color in it. I can't seem to just get the words to show up w/out this white backround. I am trying to make a drink menu for a restaurant and every time someone sends me a logo it has that white backround. I've tried jpg, bit and gif and it still does it. Any ideas????? "ChristyLiv" <ChristyLiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:727C0592-E139-...

Microsoft SQL...
We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with Exchange / Backup Exec? Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance! you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box? why is that? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Allan" ...

microsoft money loosing VAT content in split catogory withdrawl
Hi I have money 2000 and file VAT returns with the information it provides. I just discovered that if I have a split catogory withdrawl the VAT component is blank (greyed out) and is not in report. Can any one help with this problem thanks Gary ...

How do I animate text in Publisher 2003
I have used Publisher to create a basic website but would now like to jazz it up by adding moving or animated text. Is this possible in Publisher ?? its easy to do in Word or Powerpoint but have yet to find a way in Publisher That's because Publisher is a dtp and ink doesn't move. You want to create an animated .gif...use google to find a image editor that creates animated gifs. You could also use Flash...just depends on what you want to do. PS...jazzing up text usually looks amateurish. "Steve.R" <Steve.R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9795...

Sample questions for Microsoft CRM certification
Hi all, Can somebody provide sample questions or some URL for CRM certification (1. Installation & configuration AND 2. CRM Customization) If you scan the archives of this group someone was offering a sample test with 150 questions. I do not know the legality of it and I am not aware of any other test simulations for Microsoft CRM. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C394D5F9-15EE-4154-9B91-D3248FE422D4@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > Can someb...