Microsoft Publisher (not responding) and haven't saved work.

I have been working on a newsletter in publisher and now it is frozen and
says (not responding). It has been like this for 20 minutes. This happend
when I did a cut and pasted on to my page. I have not saved my work and do
not want to lose but how can I save this as it will not let me click on
antying as the hourglass comes up every time the mouse goes on to the page or
menu. Can anyone please help?? What do I need to do to get publisher to
repond or more imporatnly, simply to save my work before I close the
programme by doign ctrl,alt delete and then choosign end programme?
0
Tot (2)

On the Microsoft Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Office
Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Application Recovery.
In the Application list, click the program or document that is not responding.
Do one of the following:
To attempt to recover the files you were working on, click Recover Application or
Restart Application.
If you just want to close the program, and lose recent changes to the files, click
End Application.
The error that caused the problem can be reported to Microsoft for use in improving
future versions of the program. Click Report problem or Don't report problem.
Open the Office or Office family program.
If a file has [Recovered] in the title it is usually a file that contains more recent
changes than a file with [Original] in the title.
If you want to view what repairs were made to a file, point to the file in the
Document Recovery task pane, click the arrow next to the file's name, and then click
Show Repairs.
If you want to review the versions that were recovered, open all of the versions and
save the best one.

For each file you want to keep, point to the file in the Document Recovery task pane,
click the arrow next to the file's name, and then do one of the following:
To work with the file, click Open.
To save the file, click Save As, and then enter a name for the file. By default, the
file is saved in the same folder as the original file. If you use the same name as
the original file, the original is overwritten. When you see a message asking whether
you want to replace the existing file (with the changes you made up to the last time
you saved the file), click Yes.
When you have opened or saved all of the files you want to keep, click Close in the
Document Recovery task pane.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Soca Tot" <Soca Tot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been working on a newsletter in publisher and now it is frozen and
> says (not responding). It has been like this for 20 minutes. This happend
> when I did a cut and pasted on to my page. I have not saved my work and do
> not want to lose but how can I save this as it will not let me click on
> antying as the hourglass comes up every time the mouse goes on to the page or
> menu. Can anyone please help?? What do I need to do to get publisher to
> repond or more imporatnly, simply to save my work before I close the
> programme by doign ctrl,alt delete and then choosign end programme?

0
gsauer (5094)

Publisher 2002 #40
I installed publisher, ....publisher is on Control Panel, ....I can't find anywhere on computer drives, .......I tried to activate through Office tools, ...... I have restarted the machine atleast 4 times to no avail???????? Please help. It's listed on the Control Panel? Should be on the Start, Programs list. Right click on the shortcut, Properties should list the location. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C4CCEEC-4CE5-4B5B-AE59-7E1FB991D224@microsoft.com... >I installed publisher, .......

"Create a Company" task not working on Win XP
We just upgraded to GP 9 and put the "client/server" client on a Windows XP Pro box. So that is where I need to run Utilities to add a new company. Utils works fine up until where you specify the location to put the Sql data and log files. The browse buttons are greyed out, so I can't browse to the sql server. I tried putting in UNC paths and mapped drive paths, but it wouldn't take either. How can I create a new company? Am I stuck? Did I need to put this "client/server" client on a Win2k3 box? or even on the very same box as the sql server? Yikes! ...

Webcam Not Working For Video Call
My webcam isnt working for Video Calls but aparently it works when i just show my camera then call the other person normally but the quality is below average. I set up the cam in the Options, sign-off and back on, yet it still doesnt work. I've been getting so many problems with MSN and its very frustrating. Greetings, What type of camera is this? -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com (c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redist...

Saving time-dependent results
Code: -------------------- Date Vehicles February 1, 2006 �119.85 February 2, 2006 February 3, 2006 February 4, 2006 February 5, 2006 February 6, 2006 February 7, 2006 -------------------- The cell with �119.85 is B5 and the formula is =IF(A5='Daily Sale'!$A$5,SUMIF('Daily Sale'!$D:$D,"Vehicles",'Daily Sale'!$H:$H),"") However, I don't know how to save these values when its the next day, as false values are replaced with null values. How could I make it save the current date's results, and keep th...

Converting Publisher 98 file to pdf
Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've been trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP) file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to do it. In Publisher help they suggest doing certain things, but when I try, the menu they speak of isn't there, so I can't complete the action. I'm at my wit's end. I need instructions very simple as I'm new to all this. I did take my file to a printer, but they don't use PC...

Outlook Mobile Service Address Book NOT Working
Every time I try to send a text message through Outlook Mobile Services, I CANNOT use the address book. It has been "made" when I configured the account, but it does not contain ANY mobile numbers from my main Outlook address book, as it is supposed to. I must physically type in the full mobile phone number. It does not appear in the mobile address book, even after I send a text message through Outlook. Outlook also quits - kicks me right out and restarts - each time I try to use the mobile address book. Can someone please help me figure out what is wrong? Please excu...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Screenclipping not working
I'm running three sessions of ON on three computers using the Workbook stored on a USB hard drive. Two are working fine. the third does not seem to be taking the screen clipping. Screen grays and I can select but then nothing. If I clip on sys 1 0r 2 and then syc, the clipping shows up in the right place on 3. I use a note book "Stuff to File" to store clippings and screen prints. Send to ON works on sys 3. Any Ideas?? Bob Perry wrote: > I'm running three sessions of ON on three computers using the > Workbook stored on a USB hard drive. Two ...

Opening Publisher #5
I have no clue what I have done. When I open Publisher the Windows Installer window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd. Nothing happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking. When I open a Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose to be. What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE99AA17-691D-4471-8CC5-20ACCFE692D4@microsoft.com....

Microsoft Promo

How to save custom cell formatting?
When I goto Format - Cells - Custom and type my own format. For e.g. #,###,##0.00000 The format mentioned above is available for current file only. How do I make it available to other files (and new ones) as well? ...

Publishing Workbook to Internet
I currently use Excel to create a single worksheet .htm file that upload to Yahoo and is viewable on the internet. Works just fine. I would now like to be able to upload a multi-worksheet .htm workboo to Yahoo and have only one of the worksheets(that I designate) show u on the internet. When I try to access such a file, I get a page tha says "Sorry, the page you requested was not found." Does anybody kno of a way that this can be done -- neb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nebb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

BCC for exchange 2003 is not working
Hi Everyone, I have exchange 2003 server and for some reason when an outside email with bcc to a user. The exchange does not recognise it. Any suggestion? thank you regards Andrew Tan Stop using POP3 "connector". AT wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have exchange 2003 server and for some reason when an outside email with > bcc to a user. The exchange does not recognise it. Any suggestion? > > thank you > > regards > Andrew Tan If I don't used POP3 connector.. what can I used? thank you rgs AT "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.m...

microsoft XL

Outlook not allowing jpg file to be saved or opened
How do I overcome the error "cannot save URL to file" when trying to save a jpg attachment? Try clearing your IE cache - John wrote: > How do I overcome the error "cannot save URL to file" > when trying to save a jpg attachment? ...

Saving current row on Form exit
I wish to save the current row on a form so that it can be automatically selected the next time the form is opened. To do this, I have the following - 'save the current row Private Sub Form_Close() SQLString = " DELETE * FROM tblPreviousFormState;" CurrentDb.Execute SQLString, dbFailOnError SQLString = "INSERT INTO tblPreviousFormState(TableID) Values(" & TableID & ");" CurrentDb.Execute SQLString, dbFailOnError End Sub I'm sure there is some nice way of having a one row table but I'm not sure about this... TableID is th...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2