Microsoft Publisher (not responding) and haven't saved work.

I have been working on a newsletter in publisher and now it is frozen and
says (not responding). It has been like this for 20 minutes. This happend
when I did a cut and pasted on to my page. I have not saved my work and do
not want to lose but how can I save this as it will not let me click on
antying as the hourglass comes up every time the mouse goes on to the page or
menu. Can anyone please help?? What do I need to do to get publisher to
repond or more imporatnly, simply to save my work before I close the
programme by doign ctrl,alt delete and then choosign end programme?
3
Tot (5)

On the Microsoft Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Office
Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Application Recovery.
In the Application list, click the program or document that is not responding.
Do one of the following:
To attempt to recover the files you were working on, click Recover Application or
Restart Application.
If you just want to close the program, and lose recent changes to the files, click
End Application.
The error that caused the problem can be reported to Microsoft for use in improving
future versions of the program. Click Report problem or Don't report problem.
Open the Office or Office family program.
If a file has [Recovered] in the title it is usually a file that contains more recent
changes than a file with [Original] in the title.
If you want to view what repairs were made to a file, point to the file in the
Document Recovery task pane, click the arrow next to the file's name, and then click
Show Repairs.
If you want to review the versions that were recovered, open all of the versions and
save the best one.

For each file you want to keep, point to the file in the Document Recovery task pane,
click the arrow next to the file's name, and then do one of the following:
To work with the file, click Open.
To save the file, click Save As, and then enter a name for the file. By default, the
file is saved in the same folder as the original file. If you use the same name as
the original file, the original is overwritten. When you see a message asking whether
you want to replace the existing file (with the changes you made up to the last time
you saved the file), click Yes.
When you have opened or saved all of the files you want to keep, click Close in the
Document Recovery task pane.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Soca Tot" <Soca Tot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been working on a newsletter in publisher and now it is frozen and
> says (not responding). It has been like this for 20 minutes. This happend
> when I did a cut and pasted on to my page. I have not saved my work and do
> not want to lose but how can I save this as it will not let me click on
> antying as the hourglass comes up every time the mouse goes on to the page or
> menu. Can anyone please help?? What do I need to do to get publisher to
> repond or more imporatnly, simply to save my work before I close the
> programme by doign ctrl,alt delete and then choosign end programme?

0
gsauer (5093)

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Filters not working
I have set up a few filters for nntp groups, they are to highlight certain users in different colours but none of them seem to work. Another little problem is that I have a couple of different sig's set up, while the default is ticked to only show with certain accounts it shows up with all accounts except those with a different sig file associated with them. -- [This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of Scientology International] "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ" "Athe...

Hyperlink to folder on Save
Hi I'm losing the link to my folder when I save my worksheet having set it up a hyperlink. I've tried switiching off 'update links on Save' in the Web Options which seems to work OK but when anyone else opens the file form another network PC, the link is lost again when they save the document. Is there anyway I can lock the hyperlink down so the address doesn't get aleter when its saved on other network PCs? Try using the HYPERLINK() function instead =HYPERLINK("file:////c:\filename.xls","Book1") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "F...

New funny recruitment video for Microsoft..
http://dropkickmonkey.com/2007/12/18/a-good-microsoft-recruitment-video-mindscape-a-new-viral-ad/ ...

Save charts as Windows Metafiles
This has undoubtedly been asked before, but: Is there a method, plug-in tool, VB script or something that enables you to save Excel graphs as WMF or EMF files? Without first copy-pasting it into some drawing program and saving it there? Ideally, one would copy the graph to the clipboard, and then be able to access a dialogue direclty from/in Excel that lets you save it as a WMF file. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide! Jeroen Dekker jeroen@square1.nl ...

Adding old clipart from previous Publishers to Publisher 2003
Hi I installed a new Publisher - 2003 - on my computer. I had kept all my old disks from Office 2000 with all the old clipart. However, the new Publisher doesn't seem to have as nice a clipart gallery as my old version had, and I had wanted to add all my clips to the newer version. Is this possible in a way that Publisher will *automatically* setup all the old clips so that I can easily search for the exact picture I am looking for, instead of having to go through each clip manually by the very boring names such as clip1, clip2, clip3 etc. (or however the clipart is installed)? I want...

Publisher 2007 #31
If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round pictures, they just sit on top! What am I doing Wrong? In Publisher 2000 it would be, Click on the text box; select Format, check "Wrap text around objects" Option. OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "richwoo" <richwoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F176A1BE-6E72-48FB-98F9-573C15E677CC@microsoft.com... > If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round > pictures, they just sit on top! > What am I doing Wrong? > ...

AutoPreview works intermittently
Outlook 2002 SP2 Affected Inbox is connecting to an IMAP server AutoPreview set to 'Preview unread items' I am an IT technitian and I have a user who likes to have her unread mail items in her Inbox to use the AutoPreview feature. At one point I went to View/Current View/Customize Current View.../Other settings... and chose 'No AutoPreview' option. I recently restored the 'Preview unread items' option. Now, an email will only AutoPreview if: I manually mark a read email as unread (right clicking on email and choosing 'Mark As Unread') or: right clic...

Opening Text Files and Re-Saving Them
Hi. I am trying to write some code which will allow a user to select a folder and then will open all of the text files in that folder and re-save them as excel files. I have sorted out the code to enable the user to select the folder they wish to use, but am looking some assistance on the looping to enable each of the text files to be opened and re-saved. Can anyone suggest how I might do this. Thanks. If the text files are all the same, you could record a macro that Opens, saves as an excel file, and closes the file. Then that recorded macro could be modified to open...

A line showes up in print that is not on the screen in publisher.
I can't find it to remove it on screen, seems like a text box line. How do I deleate it? What version Publisher are you using? The line could be behind something else on your page. You could be experiencing printer driver problems. Look into an upgraded driver. Select all on your page, do you see the line segment? If you cannot see the line to delete it, open another instance of Publisher and copy/paste each of your objects into the new publication. Some corruption may be going on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micros...

Change in paste behaviout between Publisher 2000 and 2002-
I also have the same problem. I use publisher to print ID cards and every day paste about 100 images from a graphics program into the same sized text box in Publisher. With all versions of Publisher up to and including 2000 the pasted image would resize itself to the text frame. This being what I need. With Publisher 2002 onwards the pasted image pastes itself into a new frame on top of the existing image and much larger. I then have to delete the existing image and resize the new image, which takes much much longer than using Publisher 2000. If Microsoft provided an option somewhere to cho...

ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? #2
I need to fine out how to save a hml workbook onto my website do I need to use ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? Kosta ...

Missing Fonts when saved in PDF
On occasion, when I save my publication in PDF form, the fonts will change. Are there certain fonts which are not allowed? How do I get them? Not all fonts can be embedded. There's nothing you can do about that except to use fonts than can be. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "bellarush" <bellarush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036AE470-3C94-4298-9FEB-AC929F16A30A@microsoft.com... > On occasion, when I save my publication in PDF form, the fonts will > change. &...

IMF not working
I am running Exchange 2003 with Service Pack 1. I have installed the exchange IMF, but it does not seem to be writting the SCL rating to the external emails that are being sent (i have created a form to allow a SCL field in outlook). I have followed the instructions on setting this up, applied the imf to the correct smtp server. I have done the identical configuration on a different exchange server, and the SCL ratings on emails that are sent to that server ARE getting marked, so i know its working over there, just not on my other server. Does anyone have any idea of where I should...

Starting work immediately after OnInitDialog
Hi NG, I write an application which scans quite a lot of files - this procedure takes some time. So I want the following to happen: 1. The user starts the processing by pushing a button. 2. Then a dialog shall appear (builing it with OnInitDialog). 3. Immediately after the dialog appears the processing of the files shall start (the user does not need to do anything for it) 4. While processing, a gauge shall show how much of the work already is done. 5. The user shall be able to stop the work by a "Stop"-Button. 6. After the files are scanned completely, the dialog shall launch a next...

How to install software on a terminal server/use microsoft office through RDP
My boss is asking me to figure this out, so I do not know all the configurations he is using. I can tell you its Windows server 2k3. He wants to be able to RDP to server, and work physically on the server. He also needs to have office 2003 license installed. So the greater question is "how to use ms office 2k3 through RDP on microsoft 2003 server?" -- jgosney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jgosney's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159717.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1277...

Microsoft Office Word has stopped working 02-03-10
Please help find a fix - Using Microsoft 7 on new Dell XPS 9000 super fast computer...Often when I try to open a Word Doc or start a new one I get "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working; Microsoft is checking for a soluttion" message and later a red circle with a white X "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Sometimes everything works fine, more often it doesn't. Sometimes if I double click I can open a document; sometimes I need to click and then click OPEN to get to the doc and sometimes neither works. I've tried reinstalling....

Invoice Payment Entry Screen Accelerator keys not working correctl
Our organization upgraded from GP7.0 to GP 8.0 last weekend. Our receivables assistant indictates that the accelerator key sequence Alt+I is not working correctly with GP 8.0 on the Sales Invoice Payment Entry screen since the upgrade. Using the Alt+I sequence with GP 8.0 brings up inquiry from the top line menu instead of the insert option within the invoice payment entry screen. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem? I did not find an entry in CustomerSource... Any help is appreciated! Murphy Because of the new menu, you'll need to use Alt+I+I to use the Insert button. T...

New Free Microsoft CRM Add On
New free add on from CRMeXtension: www.CRMeXtension.com ...

Invalid Page Fault Publisher 95
I have used Publisher 95 successfully for years on a variety of computers. It suddenly has begun giving me an invalid page fault in module MSPUB.EXE when I try to save or print a document. Is there a fix for this? There are a faq files you can download. It could be a driver problem, especially a printer driver. Choose another default printer, if it works then you should go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. http://tinyurl.com/prlk http://tinyurl.com/prlp -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getti...

Performance of savings accounts
One problem that I keep running into with Money is that it has a very clear distinction between investment accounts and checking/savings accounts. So far, I have not been able to find a way to get money to give me a performance report on a savings account or to consider the savings account to be part of my portfolio. When I want to check how well my investments did over a year, I cannot get data about my savings accounts and so the data that is given on my investment accounts does not account for my savings... "Money 2005 Deluxe user" <Money2005Deluxeuser@discussions.micro...

Unable to save .vcf as contacts in address book
I am having problems with Outlook 2000 saving .vcf's as a contact in the address book. I can forward the email to a client with Outlook 2003 and am able to save just fine then. We are running Symantec AV v.9 if that makes any difference. I was unable to find anything about this on the symantec site. Tom Shuee <tshuee@harlan.com> wrote: > I am having problems with Outlook 2000 saving .vcf's as a > contact in the address book. What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >Tom Shuee <tshuee@harlan.com> wrote: > >> I a...

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

Report OrderBy Not Working
Using Access 2007, I have a fairly simple report, with one group. In the detail section for some reason it will only sort on one column. The group sorts properly and I have the feeling the Group Level is in conflict with the OrderBy. Any ideas? Never mind. My bad. It's working. I was looking at the data wrong! "John Lane" wrote: > Using Access 2007, I have a fairly simple report, with one group. In the > detail section for some reason it will only sort on one column. The group > sorts properly and I have the feeling the Group Level is in conflict with t...

Publish doc as PDF function
Good Afternoon, I do alot of work in publisher 2007 and have been using the option of "publish as pdf" to convert my work to pdf format. It has always worked until recently. Now it seems that it will publish it to PDF but I can't open the file unless I already have a pdf file open... if one is not open, it lags adobe down when I try to open it and eventually it stops responding... please help :) Justin Gavette wrote: > I do alot of work in publisher 2007 and have been using the option of > "publish as pdf" to convert my work to pdf format. It has alway...