Microsoft Publisher MVP Web Site Update

Just an FYI to all, I have added a new section to the www.publishermvps.com
website for tips on using Publisher:
http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=112 (found in the General
section)

If you have any great publisher tips, post them here and I will add them to
our site and be sure that you get proper credit for the tips!

I have also added a few more FAQ updates and added 4 more tutorials.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

automatic updates now required??
I keep automatic updates turned off. I just went to update site and was not allowed to proceed. I got error 0x8DDD0018. It tells me I have to have Automatic Updates running. Is this now true? Previously I always did my updates manually. XP Service Pack 3 Absolutely not. It is strongly recommended to stop all updates on Windows XP because M$ updates post SP3 are designed to sabotage your system so that you buy Windows 7. If you want to install a specific update, then you need to know the KB # and then go to Microsoft website and search for it. You could use Microsoft Update C...

Publisher 2002 #40
I installed publisher, ....publisher is on Control Panel, ....I can't find anywhere on computer drives, .......I tried to activate through Office tools, ...... I have restarted the machine atleast 4 times to no avail???????? Please help. It's listed on the Control Panel? Should be on the Start, Programs list. Right click on the shortcut, Properties should list the location. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C4CCEEC-4CE5-4B5B-AE59-7E1FB991D224@microsoft.com... >I installed publisher, .......

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

redirecting to unwanted web sites
I have Windows XP with service pack 2. Am using the latest versions of both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer as web browsers. In the last 10 days when I select web sites to view, the browser redirects to unwanted ad sites automatically. Is there anything I can do to stop this annoyance? best, Aaron You most likely have spyware or other such pest on your computer, you need to run AV/spyware scans on your machine to find these pests and get rid of them. See here for basic information on removing malware: http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Viruses_Malware ...

Converting Publisher 98 file to pdf
Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've been trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP) file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to do it. In Publisher help they suggest doing certain things, but when I try, the menu they speak of isn't there, so I can't complete the action. I'm at my wit's end. I need instructions very simple as I'm new to all this. I did take my file to a printer, but they don't use PC...

combo box to update record via form
I have a combo box that displays the EmployeeID, FirstName, and LastName from the Employee Table. The user is to pick the employee and I want the ID stored in the DataEntry table. The combo box pulls all of the employees from their table via the following query associated with the combo box SELECT tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name], tblEmployeeInformation. [First Name], tblEmployeeInformation.[Employee ID] FROM tblEmployeeInformation ORDER BY tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name]; I have the bound column for that combo box set to 3 yet the table always updates with the employees last name. How ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

Opening Publisher #5
I have no clue what I have done. When I open Publisher the Windows Installer window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd. Nothing happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking. When I open a Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose to be. What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE99AA17-691D-4471-8CC5-20ACCFE692D4@microsoft.com....

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

Microsoft Promo

Updating workbooks by adding elements of other workbooks?
One of the things that has been a problem in the past is how to transfer improvements in one workbook to a completely different one. The challenge with the current workbook project I'm working on is that unfortunately, I have to maintain two separate books. Though the format is identical, the vlookup tables, I believe that's what they're called, or sheets etc., are drastically different. So much easier if I just had one, but there you are. What happen is that the main sheet needs some major editing sometimes while the rest of the workbook must remain exactly the same. I know th...

Update in Progress Message
When I update my accounts, 4 of them update without an issue but 2 of them never update and always have an Update in Process under the To Review column. I also get an update not Complete in the pop-up status. Does anyone know a way to get past this issue. I did successfully update these accounts once before. One of them is a new account since upgrading and another is one that I merged 2 accounts into. I think maybe these 2 accounts that are not updating are using Yodlee to get access to them versus more of a direct connection through money. I only say this because they were accounts that ...

Publishing Workbook to Internet
I currently use Excel to create a single worksheet .htm file that upload to Yahoo and is viewable on the internet. Works just fine. I would now like to be able to upload a multi-worksheet .htm workboo to Yahoo and have only one of the worksheets(that I designate) show u on the internet. When I try to access such a file, I get a page tha says "Sorry, the page you requested was not found." Does anybody kno of a way that this can be done -- neb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nebb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

microsoft XL

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...