Microsoft Publisher Greeting Card Contest 2004 #3

Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting
card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft
Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link:

http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103

Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be
submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to Publisher
98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open the
files. I will also retain the original file format offline.

If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing us at
contest@publishermvps.com

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Brian, Thanks for the idea of converting the format of the different
entries. In fact, how about doing it with Mary's sample, if you would. I
have Pub 2000, and it wouldn't open. Thanks.

DavidF

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting
> card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft
> Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link:
>
> http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103
>
> Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be
> submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to Publisher
> 98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open
the
> files. I will also retain the original file format offline.
>
> If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing us at
> contest@publishermvps.com
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

0
Nope8657 (939)
10/25/2004 8:18:18 PM
What an opportunity! Create a really whiz-bang card, submit it as directed,
win Office Pro, get your very own copy of Publisher 2003!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Brian, Thanks for the idea of converting the format of the different
> entries. In fact, how about doing it with Mary's sample, if you would. I
> have Pub 2000, and it wouldn't open. Thanks.
>
> DavidF
>
> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting
>> card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft
>> Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link:
>>
>> http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103
>>
>> Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be
>> submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to
>> Publisher
>> 98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open
> the
>> files. I will also retain the original file format offline.
>>
>> If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing us at
>> contest@publishermvps.com
>>
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>> ~pay it forward~
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/25/2004 8:51:58 PM
DavidF wrote:
> Brian, Thanks for the idea of converting the format of the different
> entries. In fact, how about doing it with Mary's sample, if you
> would. I have Pub 2000, and it wouldn't open. Thanks.

Good catch David. I never did bother to convert Mary's. I will do that
tomorrow. Sorry about that. I am not sure I even converted Mike Halls now
that I think of it! ccing to myself.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
ic (207)

MSN BillPay: free service with 2004 & payment timing...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3E71B.55CAC070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Two questions from a new MSN BillPay user: (1) I just bought Money 2004 Premium and it has 2yrs of free MSN = BillPay. However, after I signed up, it shows I have zero free months. = I've looked everywhere trying to find where you're supposed to say "I = got money", but no luck. (2) When I schedule to pay a bill, say one month from today, It gets = entered into my register effective...

pictures not displayed in Publisher
Pictures and graphics played in a Publisher file do not show up on the screen. They are in the Graphics Manager as Embedded. You only see a blank box that can be moved. It does not show up in print preview, however it will print fine. Elks434 wrote: > Pictures and graphics played in a Publisher file do not show up on the > screen. They are in the Graphics Manager as Embedded. You only see a blank > box that can be moved. It does not show up in print preview, however it will > print fine. Read the third FAQ at http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Ed Bennet...

Microsoft Outlook Public Folders
We use Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 and have Outlook 2002 installed on all desktops. Some questions I have: How do I go about deleting the favourites folder within "Public Folders"? How do I go about deleting "Internet Newsgroups" within "All Public Folders"? I can not find ways to create folders directly in "Public Folders". It seems I can only create folders within "All Public Folders". Why is that? Is there a way to delete "All Public Folders" within "Public Folders"? I would be extremely grateful for ...

Publisher & Clipart
Had to clean out computer and in trying to re-install Office 2000 Professional, Disk 2 (Publisher & Clipart), get error # 2879. Please advise how to download this # 2 disk? thanks, Paula Casey (pcasey18@hotmail.com) A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Paula Casey <pcasey18@hotmail.com>!"... > Had to clean out computer and in trying to re-install > Office 2000 Professional, Disk 2 (Publisher & Clipart), > get error # 2879. Please advise how to download this # 2 > disk? To reinstall Disc 2, you insert Disc 2 into your driv...

Taste this security patch from Microsoft Corp.
--bqqnklyqf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xfppiwtpafgb"; type="multipart/alternative" --xfppiwtpafgb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kwpilepajlujrqgqa" --kwpilepajlujrqgqa Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "February 2004, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Importing RTF into Publisher
I am trying to view an RTF file in publisher 2000. The problem seems to be that all the text in the RTF is in the form of text boxes. When I try to open this RTF in publisher I see nothing. If I create a dummy file with no text boxes, just regular text, I can view it ok. Does Publisher not handle text boxes in RTF's ? Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Mike Lynch <mlynch@oceanfree.net> > Does Publisher not handle text boxes in RTF's ? Nope, because text boxes are not a standard feature of the RTF file format. Publisher 2002...

Microsoft Office
My hard drive died, I've lost all my program disks in a recent move, but Dell was good enough to send me the Windows 2000 disk to reinstall. I need Microsoft Office, but don't know if the 2000 Professional version will work with my Windows 2000. I need Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint. Any suggestions? AJ AJ wrote: > My hard drive died, I've lost all my program disks in a > recent move, but Dell was good enough to send me the > Windows 2000 disk to reinstall. I need Microsoft Office, > but don't know if the 2000 Professional version will work > wit...

Import into CRM 3.0 Contacts?
What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 Contacts? Per... use this way http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/configure/outlookimport.mspx -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Per Moeller-Olsen" wrote: > What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 > Contacts? > > Per... > > > Thanks. Will try that. Per... "Imran-mscrmexpert" <mscrmexpert@gmail.com...

Stop Microsoft from dropping their groups here is why
FRom http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.general/about Top posters This month 41 mei...@gmx.de 25 philwind...@hotmail.com 23 gtay...@riverviewtech.net 18 n...@microsoft.com 15 dspatr...@nospam.gmail.com 12 jbri...@yahoo.com 8 p...@discussions.microsoft.com 8 startatbob_cl...@cutthis.adriley.co.nz 7 juanpablogalla...@hotmail.com 6 jiwan...@hotmail.com All time 7217 anonym...@discussions.microsoft.com 4686 mei...@gmx.de 3494 i....@fly.com 2382 kgafv...@newsilopia.com 2015 dspatr...@nospam.gmail.com 1691 jma...@mvps.org 1632 lan...

Pocket PC - Money 2004
Hello, My hard-drive crashed on my computer and I had to install a new one. The only workable backup file I have for my Microsoft Money is on my Pocket PC. Is there a way for me to use the file on my Pocket PC on my new computer? I tried http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/276.aspx and it's not working. Maybe that tutorial was designed for a newer version of Microsoft Money? JJ The readme, which the article is based on, has been around for a while. In any case, the data on your client will almost surely be incomplete. -- Michael Gordon MVP "JJ" <JJ@discussions.mic...

saving attachments #3
I have Outlook Express and I am unable to save attachments from e-mail messages. They show up but they are greyed out and I can not open them or save them Thanks Look here for help and more info on this subject: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Michael" <lundmich@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:032e01c34fd5$c85492c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have Outlook Express and I am unable to sav...

CRM 3.0
Hi everyone, How do I set up Services so that I can schedule service activities? I have followed the instructions on the help file (ie: Settings->Settings->Services) but I cannot find "Services" in the Settings section. Any ideas? Thanks Rael Can you check if your role has "Service Management" related privileges? If you have the right privileges, you should be able to see the Services link in Settings (right after the link to Product Catalog)... -- Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

paste special picture from Excel 2007 to Publisher 2007 doesn't work
I have a group of charts with text in surrounding cells that I want to copy and paste special picture enhanced metafile from Excel into Publisher. I have around 200 groups of these charts to paste into the Publisher file. What happens now is that the paste special command only reveals three options: new table, new text box, and HTML. When I copy paste special into Word the picture enhanced metafile is accessible and the image pastes fine. In Publisher pasting results in worksheet cells and the charts all in pieces and messy. I could copy the Word image into Publisher, but UGH!!200 TIMES. There...

Upgrading to 2004 in MacBook Pro
I purchased my Office 2004 for use on my powerbook G4 as an upgrade to Classic (actually OS8.6) software on my old tower. I brought across the Classic files and part of the old system files so the installer would spot them and install the new OSX compatible software. So in MacBook Pro there is no Classic environment as I understand it. When I try to install the Office 2004 upgrade, do I still need to import the oldie files, and if so which files specifically are required for the installer to be satisfied? Jack Other reports here have confirmed that you can use the drag-and-drop install meth...

Bringing variables from Excel to be used in Microsoft Query
I just started using Microsoft Query and it looks like it does a good job. However, I want it to pass over a special number that represents the number of seconds after 1/1/1970. What I do is create the value using date functions to get the current date then subtract and multiply to get the value. Now I'm trying to figure out how to modifiy Microsoft Query to read that value that's in that cell. Anyone know how I can do that? ...

Missing e-mails #3
I have a serious problem with e-mails. When we send e-mails to a couple of domains and they try to use the 'reply' function in their e-mail systems to reply we do not recieve the mails. I've checked our queues and logs and the mails are not even getting to the queues at the hosts of our domains. Is there anything in outlook that could foul the reply path? Test mails replied to from both Hotmail and Navigator 7.1's e-mail client are coming through fine. Thanks, Ed Handley ...

crm 3.0
We put item serial numbers in the Invoice Products and print them on the Invoices. I would like to be able to view and search ALL Invoice Products to find them based on the Serial Numbers. Product Invoice [x] box is disabled in customize entity. How can I change this to enable so that the entities can easily be part of the Services menu? Our system is highly customized so I will accept any ideas or suggestions. ...

Microsoft CRM Connectors blog
Dear All, The following Microsoft CRM Connectors blog contains some useful information on the Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP. This blog will also provide information on future Microsoft CRM Connectors and integration solutions such as with Microsoft Dynamics AX, or the BizTalk Adaptor for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, etc. You can also use this blog to get answers to questions on the Microsoft CRM Connectors or to provide feedback. Blog URL: http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoftcrmconnectors/default.aspx Regards, Manohar ...

Publisher vs Word 2002
I am currently using Word 2002 to make up facsimile copies of old catalogs. These are mostly graphics and can bee from 15-150 pages. The documens are big, 200MB and larger, but are very simple in design, usually just one bif image per page, sometimes with headers and footers.. I need the ability to have headers and footers, sometimes with page numbers. Would I benefit by moving to Publisher? If so, in what ways? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from JB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am currently using Word 2002 to make up...

Duplicate e-mails #3
I'm recieving 2 of the same e-mails each time one is recieved. Please help! Sometimes if you disconnect during a download of a pile of emails, the ISP server won't delete them and will resend them once you reconnect. If it happens all the time, are you sure you have it set up for the ISP to delete messages after they've been downloaded? Is is twice and only twice, or sometimes can it be three or four times? BTW, what version of Outlook and what OS? "CSG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d401c3a1a7$306372a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

post-Microsoft Outlook 2002 Service Pack 2 (SP-2) Hotfix Rollup
Hallo, I need this Hotfix to customize my Oulook today page. Is there a way to get it from Microsoft? (without paying money, of course.....) Thanks in advance for any help you will provide.... Stefania Italy Availability of Outlook 2002 Post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Rollup Package: July 1 , 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822614 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Stefania" <s.castelli@email.it> wrote in message news:010e01c35925$b535f4a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... Hallo, I need this Hotfix to customize my Oulook today page. Is there a way to get it from...

Access log ms crm 3.0
Hi, I want to achieve following requirements through crm... plz let me know, whether they are possible to achieve and how, if yes.. 1) to log the userid and the crm module they have accessed... (with datetime etc.) 2) to disallow concurrent login by same userid... Thanks... 1) Use the IIS logs. They contain everything you need. 2) There's no login and no logoff, so it's nearly impossible to do what you want. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.c...

Label Printing #3
I have brother 7820 printer and When I print label using avery 5160 paper by label wizard The problem I have on 3rd row If price is $15.99 the last nine print only half. It look like $15.9 . How should I fix this problem Gil, If you are speaking about the 3rd column or label, check the printer's print margins or you will have to modify the label template. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outl...

REQ: Office for Mac Beta 3

Publisher 98, 2003 and Adobe
I have created a document on 98, but need it converting to pdf. When I send it to a friend (who has Adobe and Publisher 2003) all the formatting changes when he opens it in Publisher 2003 prior to printing it to Adobe. The font (Rockwell 12) appears larger and stuff doesn't now fit in, pages overspill etc. So how can my friend open the file exactly as I saved it? Something that I felt pleased with is now really bugging me! Thanks Andy You are going to lose formatting converting a 98 file to 2003. It could help to use default fonts such as Times or Arial. Rockwell shipped with Pu...