Microsoft Publisher Greeting Card Contest 2004 #2

Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting
card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft
Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link:

http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103

Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be
submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to Publisher
98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open the
files. I will also retain the original file format offline.

If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing us at
contest@publishermvps.com
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Hey Sarah,

I made a card with you in mind.  :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting
> card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft
> Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link:
>
> http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103
>
> Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be
> submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to Publisher
> 98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open
> the files. I will also retain the original file format offline.
>
> If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing us at
> contest@publishermvps.com
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/12/2004 6:47:44 PM
Thank you so much for the invitation, Brian. Sounds interesting. It will be
fun to look through all the entries.

Annie
0
Ford (3)
10/14/2004 7:21:06 PM
Don't just *look*, Annie - CREATE!!  :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Annie Ford" <Annie Ford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Thank you so much for the invitation, Brian. Sounds interesting. It will
> be
> fun to look through all the entries.
>
> Annie

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/14/2004 9:03:14 PM
Ok JoAnn. I'll play if you will. :)

Annie
0
AnnieFord (3)
10/14/2004 10:05:03 PM
Already did.  :-)

--

> Ok JoAnn. I'll play if you will. :)
>
> Annie

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/14/2004 10:15:21 PM
Very cute, JoAnn!

Ok, well now I guess I have my work cut out for me.  I don't know Publisher.
:(

Annie
0
AnnieFord (3)
10/14/2004 10:27:02 PM
You don't have to get fancy. There are several lovely templates. I started
with one and modified the text. Nothing says you have to recreate the wheel.
Play with it - have some fun. That's how I learned to use it. I'll take
Publisher over darned near any other program on my computer. SolSuite is
right up there with it so it depends on my mood which one I prefer.

--

> Very cute, JoAnn!
>
> Ok, well now I guess I have my work cut out for me.  I don't know
> Publisher.
> :(
>
> Annie

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/14/2004 10:35:02 PM
Publisher is the only program of it's type that I have so I'll learn it. How
hard could it be? But wouldn't you know it ... I bought the 'Microsoft Office
System 2003 Edition' book and although it's almost 3 inches thick, there's
not one word in there about Publisher.

This brings me to ... when you guys see my entry in there (when I have time
to do one ... I don't even have Expression installed since my motherboard
died) don't vote for me. I already own the Office 2003 system.

Annie
0
AnnieFord (3)
10/14/2004 11:19:01 PM
Okie dokie. But I'd still love to see what you can do.

--

> Publisher is the only program of it's type that I have so I'll learn it.
> How
> hard could it be? But wouldn't you know it ... I bought the 'Microsoft
> Office
> System 2003 Edition' book and although it's almost 3 inches thick, there's
> not one word in there about Publisher.
>
> This brings me to ... when you guys see my entry in there (when I have
> time
> to do one ... I don't even have Expression installed since my motherboard
> died) don't vote for me. I already own the Office 2003 system.
>
> Annie

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/14/2004 11:35:25 PM
HiAll!
I wish it could be the same contest for Expression users. :-))

Tanya

JoAnn Paules wrote:

> Okie dokie. But I'd still love to see what you can do.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> "Annie Ford" <AnnieFord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Publisher is the only program of it's type that I have so I'll learn it.
> > How
> > hard could it be? But wouldn't you know it ... I bought the 'Microsoft
> > Office
> > System 2003 Edition' book and although it's almost 3 inches thick, there's
> > not one word in there about Publisher.
> >
> > This brings me to ... when you guys see my entry in there (when I have
> > time
> > to do one ... I don't even have Expression installed since my motherboard
> > died) don't vote for me. I already own the Office 2003 system.
> >
> > Annie
>
> ---

ququshka (1)
10/16/2004 4:20:39 PM
HiAll!
I wish it cpuld be the same contest for Expression users. :-))

Tanya

JoAnn Paules wrote:

> Okie dokie. But I'd still love to see what you can do.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> "Annie Ford" <AnnieFord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Publisher is the only program of it's type that I have so I'll learn it.
> > How
> > hard could it be? But wouldn't you know it ... I bought the 'Microsoft
> > Office
> > System 2003 Edition' book and although it's almost 3 inches thick, there's
> > not one word in there about Publisher.
> >
> > This brings me to ... when you guys see my entry in there (when I have
> > time
> > to do one ... I don't even have Expression installed since my motherboard
> > died) don't vote for me. I already own the Office 2003 system.
> >
> > Annie
>
> ---

ququshka1 (3)
10/16/2004 4:22:43 PM
Use one of your Expression creations in a Publisher created greeting card...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Tetyana Mykhailyshyna" <ququshka@lviv.farlep.net> wrote in message
> HiAll!
> I wish it could be the same contest for Expression users. :-))
>
> Tanya
>
> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>
>> Okie dokie. But I'd still love to see what you can do.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> "Annie Ford" <AnnieFord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Publisher is the only program of it's type that I have so I'll learn it.
>> > How
>> > hard could it be? But wouldn't you know it ... I bought the 'Microsoft
>> > Office
>> > System 2003 Edition' book and although it's almost 3 inches thick, there's
>> > not one word in there about Publisher.
>> >
>> > This brings me to ... when you guys see my entry in there (when I have
>> > time
>> > to do one ... I don't even have Expression installed since my motherboard
>> > died) don't vote for me. I already own the Office 2003 system.
>> >
>> > Annie
>>
>> ---

gsauer (5094)
10/16/2004 4:51:01 PM
Great idea, Mary!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Use one of your Expression creations in a Publisher created greeting
> card...
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> "Tetyana Mykhailyshyna" <ququshka@lviv.farlep.net> wrote in message
>> HiAll!
>> I wish it could be the same contest for Expression users. :-))
>>
>> Tanya
>>
>> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>>
>>> Okie dokie. But I'd still love to see what you can do.
>>>
>>> --
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>
>>> "Annie Ford" <AnnieFord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> ---

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/16/2004 5:59:46 PM
HiAll!
I am almost professional designer and do not use Publisher or Microsoft Office :-)

Tanya

Mary Sauer wrote:

> Use one of your Expression creations in a Publisher created greeting card...
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> "Tetyana Mykhailyshyna" <ququshka@lviv.farlep.net> wrote in message
> > HiAll!
> > I wish it could be the same contest for Expression users. :-))
> >
> > Tanya
> >
> > JoAnn Paules wrote:
> >
> >> Okie dokie. But I'd still love to see what you can do.
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >> "Annie Ford" <AnnieFord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> ---

ququshka1 (3)
10/16/2004 8:09:58 PM
Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
a note from Tetyana Mykhailyshyna <ququshka@mail.lviv.ua>. On it is
written:
> I am almost professional designer and do not use Publisher or
> Microsoft Office :-)

Aww you poor dab - see if you can pick up a copy of an old Publisher version
cheap on eBay, use that to lay out/impose the card that you mainly created
in Expression, and enter it - maybe you could start using Office then :o)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/16/2004 8:28:18 PM
Ed, What is a "dab?"

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
> a note from Tetyana Mykhailyshyna <ququshka@mail.lviv.ua>. On it is
> written:
>> I am almost professional designer and do not use Publisher or
>> Microsoft Office :-)
>
> Aww you poor dab - see if you can pick up a copy of an old Publisher version cheap
> on eBay, use that to lay out/impose the card that you mainly created in Expression,
> and enter it - maybe you could start using Office then :o)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
gsauer (5094)
10/16/2004 10:10:29 PM
Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
a note from Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>. On it is written:
> Ed, What is a "dab?"

It comes from Wenglish (the Welsh-English hybrid language that is normally
only understood in Wales).

http://talktidy.com/tt-d.html has the lowdown

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/17/2004 1:19:20 PM
Ah

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
> a note from Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>. On it is written:
>> Ed, What is a "dab?"
>
> It comes from Wenglish (the Welsh-English hybrid language that is normally only
> understood in Wales).
>
> http://talktidy.com/tt-d.html has the lowdown
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
gsauer (5094)
10/17/2004 3:03:44 PM
HiAll!
I am from Ukraine and cannot use eBay services from many reasons. :-((

Ed Bennett wrote:

> Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
> a note from Tetyana Mykhailyshyna <ququshka@mail.lviv.ua>. On it is
> written:
> > I am almost professional designer and do not use Publisher or
> > Microsoft Office :-)
>
> Aww you poor dab - see if you can pick up a copy of an old Publisher version
> cheap on eBay, use that to lay out/impose the card that you mainly created
> in Expression, and enter it - maybe you could start using Office then :o)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
ququshka1 (3)
10/18/2004 4:25:11 AM
Yes but you can go to Karavayki and pick the software you want  for real
cheap. Ask your friends in Kyiv :)
"Tetyana Mykhailyshyna" <ququshka@mail.lviv.ua> wrote in message
> HiAll!
> I am from Ukraine and cannot use eBay services from many reasons. :-((
>
> Ed Bennett wrote:
>
>> Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up
>> a note from Tetyana Mykhailyshyna <ququshka@mail.lviv.ua>. On it is
>> written:
>> > I am almost professional designer and do not use Publisher or
>> > Microsoft Office :-)
>>
>> Aww you poor dab - see if you can pick up a copy of an old Publisher
>> version
>> cheap on eBay, use that to lay out/impose the card that you mainly
>> created
>> in Expression, and enter it - maybe you could start using Office then :o)
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
>> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
>> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Yuriy

Publisher 2002 #40
I installed publisher, ....publisher is on Control Panel, ....I can't find anywhere on computer drives, .......I tried to activate through Office tools, ...... I have restarted the machine atleast 4 times to no avail???????? Please help. It's listed on the Control Panel? Should be on the Start, Programs list. Right click on the shortcut, Properties should list the location. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C4CCEEC-4CE5-4B5B-AE59-7E1FB991D224@microsoft.com... >I installed publisher, .......

Customize CFileDialog #2
Hello I have a customized CFileDialog, and I wanted to get the change event from the combobox that maintain the filename cmb13. I tried serveral way, but i failed to get any event. Is there any way to get the event from the filename control. Thanks ...

Converting Publisher 98 file to pdf
Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've been trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP) file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to do it. In Publisher help they suggest doing certain things, but when I try, the menu they speak of isn't there, so I can't complete the action. I'm at my wit's end. I need instructions very simple as I'm new to all this. I did take my file to a printer, but they don't use PC...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Date change #2
Hi, I have a cell to list when the next payment is due from a client. would like the payment dates to automatically update after the origina payment date is reached. Payments are due every two weeks. Th 'payment due' cell is G17. So if the first payment was due today, the tomorrow G17 would display the date two weeks from today. Thanks fo your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Assuming you have a valid date in the cell use: =G17+14 You will find some details on Date and Times in Excel on this page: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelDateandTimes.htm ...

Opening Publisher #5
I have no clue what I have done. When I open Publisher the Windows Installer window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd. Nothing happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking. When I open a Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose to be. What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE99AA17-691D-4471-8CC5-20ACCFE692D4@microsoft.com....

Is there an Excel template for a 1-day Tennis American Tournament #2
Am trying to set up one-day American tournament for 28 mixed-doubles' pairs .. Seven groups each of four ranked pairingson seven courts. Is there an Excel or an Access template anywhere for the scheduling of games, league tables etc. ...

Microsoft Promo

ESMTP #2
How to configure ATRN,ETRN,PIPELINING,VRFY ETC when i connect to my exchange server 2003 through telnet ?? Aman On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 00:26:29 -0800, Atanu Mahata <AtanuMahata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to configure ATRN,ETRN,PIPELINING,VRFY ETC when i connect to my exchange >server 2003 through telnet ?? > >Aman Run that by us again? You want to configure your Exchange server's SMTP settings by telnetting into it? Need clarification. I don't believe that is possible and more specifically why would you configure Exchange through telnet. Do you mean te...

I Made $1.25 Million last year alone, I'll show you how!!! #2
For many years I worked for other people on the daily grind. 9 - 5 and much longer hours for what now seems like very poor pay. I suppose looking back on it now, I didn't really know how trapped I was until I discovered an easy way to make money using Ebay and the Internet. Since then I haven't looked back and have been making money consistently. For a long time now, I have been developing a number of interesting methods that can realize lots of money both on and off ebay. I am now offering you the opportunity to do the same. Each method is completely legal. There are no pyramid scheme...

Publishing Workbook to Internet
I currently use Excel to create a single worksheet .htm file that upload to Yahoo and is viewable on the internet. Works just fine. I would now like to be able to upload a multi-worksheet .htm workboo to Yahoo and have only one of the worksheets(that I designate) show u on the internet. When I try to access such a file, I get a page tha says "Sorry, the page you requested was not found." Does anybody kno of a way that this can be done -- neb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nebb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...

Credit Card Type in Reports
Since RMS2 masks the credit card number is there a way to display the card type (MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Discover) in a report without having to set up a tender type for each card type. I notice that the card type is displayed in the EDC Settlement screen but I can't find where the program is getting that info. I at least want to be able to get this info prior to settlement for the end of day reconciliation process. -- Ed Balda WBU, Inc. hi Ed, I am not sure how much you know the programing but such thing can be handle liek below example: we all know that what is the scheme use for...

Hallo #2
Who can say something about WindowsRightManagementService in Outlook 2003 -- Otto What are you interested in knowing?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "otto" <otto@litech.net> wrote in message = news:dgf4im$p23$3@ah.litech.net... > Who can say something about WindowsRightManagementService > in Outlook 2003 >=20 &...

MS CRM 1.2. Mobile
Is it possible to have the new Microsoft CRM 1.2. Mobile (in the available languages: US English and International English) running on a Spanish Microsoft CRM 1.2. installation??? The customer doesn�t care about having labels and so on in English, but is this technically possible????? Thanks, Chus ------=_NextPart_0001_09683BA1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Chus, No, with this first release of CRM Mobile, it will only run on either a US English or International English CRM install. It has not been tested on any of the language versions, so it likely we be...

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

microsoft XL

Forward results in 2 copies
One user here forwards e-mail and all recipents receive two copies. Outlook 2000 Exchange 2000 ...

Credit Card Processing
Sadly (depending on your point of view), I've had to make a switch from Quickbooks Professional 2004 to Money '06 small business. There's a lot of comparisons between money and quicken, but not quickbooks. Anyone else switch over? What's been your experience? I just installed it and, on the plus side it works with all my banks and credit cards. That will save me hours of data entry. It does not, to my horror, have the capability to process credit card tranactions for customers? Am I missing something? I hope someone will respond quickly - I might need to throw this back...