Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 230162

Below is a solution, however the link is dead.  Anyone
know what I need to add to the registry or know where I
can get this file?

I have this error:
PUB98: Error Message: Clip Gallery Could Not Find the GIF
Graphic Filter Installed

CAUSE
Publisher cannot insert the graphic image, because it
cannot locate the correct registry entries for the GIF
(Graphics Interchange Format) graphics import filter.

WORKAROUND
An update is available from Microsoft that adds the
registry entries that are needed to use the GIF filter.
To download this update, please click the following link:
http://www.microsoft.com/imagecomposer/usingic/micupdat.ex

Thanks
0
b1scott1 (1)

The link is dead because the Image Composer is no longer supported. The filter is on
your Publisher disk.
The graphics filters are in a folder similar to this:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
The .gif filter is GIFIMP32.FLT. Rename it to gifimp32.old and drag a new instance
from your setup disk.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Scott Parker" <b1scott1@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Below is a solution, however the link is dead.  Anyone
> know what I need to add to the registry or know where I
> can get this file?
>
> I have this error:
> PUB98: Error Message: Clip Gallery Could Not Find the GIF
> Graphic Filter Installed
>
> CAUSE
> Publisher cannot insert the graphic image, because it
> cannot locate the correct registry entries for the GIF
> (Graphics Interchange Format) graphics import filter.
>
> WORKAROUND
> An update is available from Microsoft that adds the
> registry entries that are needed to use the GIF filter.
> To download this update, please click the following link:
> http://www.microsoft.com/imagecomposer/usingic/micupdat.ex
>
> Thanks

0
laserdog (1122)
5/1/2004 8:36:28 AM
I'm looking for the fix too. I just had to reinstall Window 98 and then reinstall Publisher 98 and now I get the same message. HELP???

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Allow deduction and benefits to calculate based on FICA gross pay
We need to be able to compute 401k deductions and benefits based on "percent of FICA gross wages". Currently, the only option is "percent of gross wages" or "percent of net wages". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

how to make outlook *completely text-based
If I copy from a web page then outlook will paste it in the outlook edit area in the font of of the web page as if outlook were formating it via the html from the web page. I want Outlook to be absolutely and completely text based. How? Set your message editor to plain text - depending on the version of Office/Outlook (which you do not mention so it makes it hard to answer) you may have the option for paste formatting. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer leegold <leegol...

Microsoft Promo

Creating a graph based on a chosen group of data
Hi, I have a list of data that contains multiple groups I am trying to create a graph that will show only the group that the user selects from a dropdown box. The data looks like this: Group Item Data A 1 100 A 2 120 A 3 130 B 4 75 B 5 62 B 6 110 The drop down box shows A or B, if the user selects A the graph should show 3 bars named 1, 2 and 3. If the user selects B the graph should show 3 bars named 4,...

microsoft XL

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

Displaying column heading information based on a search result.
I am currently using the MAX command to find a maximum value within 96 columns per row. I display the result in a column to the left of the 96 columns containing the searchable data. What I would like to do is display the column heading label (time increments shown per 15 minutes {i.e., 12:15 AM}) in the column next to the MAX search result. Column A: MAX search result Column B: Column heading where MAX search result was found Column C: Date Column D-CV: Searchable data This report contains about 500 rows, so it’s not as simple as manually entering the column heading label for each MA...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

Microsoft SQL...
We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with Exchange / Backup Exec? Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance! you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box? why is that? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Allan" ...

microsoft money loosing VAT content in split catogory withdrawl
Hi I have money 2000 and file VAT returns with the information it provides. I just discovered that if I have a split catogory withdrawl the VAT component is blank (greyed out) and is not in report. Can any one help with this problem thanks Gary ...

format based on data from another cell
I want the names in column B of my spread sheet to highlight either red or yellow based on the value of the cell in column L, but with conditional formatting you can only format based on the value of the cell you are formatting, as far as i can tell. Hi Sanna conditional formatting can be used to do this, select the column B cells that you want the formatting to be applied to, ensure that the first selected cell is the first line visible at the top of the worksheet choose format / conditional formatting choose formula is type =$L2=x where row 2 is the first row in the selected column an...

Sample questions for Microsoft CRM certification
Hi all, Can somebody provide sample questions or some URL for CRM certification (1. Installation & configuration AND 2. CRM Customization) If you scan the archives of this group someone was offering a sample test with 150 questions. I do not know the legality of it and I am not aware of any other test simulations for Microsoft CRM. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C394D5F9-15EE-4154-9B91-D3248FE422D4@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > Can someb...

Microsoft Money 2000 and Microsoft Money Essentials
I just purchased a new computer with Microsoft Vista and Microsoft Money Essentials. I have been using Microsoft Money 2000 on my old computer running WindowsXP. I backed it up on a thumbdrive and tried to transfer my files (years of my financial history) to the Microsoft Money Essentials that was installed on my new computer, but the message I get is: "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can download my financial information from the old program to the new program? Thank you Money Essentials is no...

Upgrade from a Microsoft CRM 3.0 Prof. (trial) to CRM 3.0 (SBS)
Hello . I want to upgrade a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 from a professional edition (trial version) to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 in a Small Bussines Server. My question is if this is possible. I've found some documents to upgrade the program from SBS to professional edition and I supose thats the procedure it's the same for the other way. Thanks Miquel From Microsoft's evaluation download page: "The Small Business Edition trial version can be converted to a commercial Small Business Edition or Professional Edition. The Professional Edition trial version cannot be ...

average Line created in an existing line graph- based on one cell
I am trying to create an average line across a current line graph. I would like it to be based only one cell so that i dont have to update the x axis every time more information is input into the spreadsheet. Is there a way to just have a line that only has the Y axis change based on one cell, and the X axis is not defined? I would like to have the line extend to the end of the chart no matter what the x axis looks like. right now i am usuing =SERIES("Average",,DATA!$M$4:$M$2401,2) -i have to increase the 2401 number every time more data is added even though the average i...