Merging photo fields in Publisher

Thanks in advance.  I am a teacher, trying to create a monthly "Student of
the Month" publication that includes student photos.  The info is all in my
Access Database, but I need to put out a monthly publication with pictures of
a student from each class (about 26 photos) who earned the "Student of the
Month" designation.
I am using Publisher to do a catalog merge with my Access database. One of
the fields I really need is a photo field.  I have tried to follow the
directions about putting links in for the photos, but no matter what I do,
the actual pictures do not show up in my finished merged document. My text
fields show up, and the layout is perfect, but the pictures do not come into
the document.  Any ideas?  I am using Publisher 2003 and Access 2002.

0
Joan (36)

Joan <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Thanks in advance.  I am a teacher, trying to create a monthly
> "Student of the Month" publication that includes student photos.  The
> info is all in my Access Database, but I need to put out a monthly
> publication with pictures of a student from each class (about 26
> photos) who earned the "Student of the Month" designation.
> I am using Publisher to do a catalog merge with my Access database.

Are the actual pictures in the publication, or text fields containing path
descriptors of image files on your hard drive?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/10/2006 8:34:03 AM
This article will help...
Troubleshoot catalog merge
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010380451033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks in advance.  I am a teacher, trying to create a monthly "Student of
> the Month" publication that includes student photos.  The info is all in my
> Access Database, but I need to put out a monthly publication with pictures of
> a student from each class (about 26 photos) who earned the "Student of the
> Month" designation.
> I am using Publisher to do a catalog merge with my Access database. One of
> the fields I really need is a photo field.  I have tried to follow the
> directions about putting links in for the photos, but no matter what I do,
> the actual pictures do not show up in my finished merged document. My text
> fields show up, and the layout is perfect, but the pictures do not come into
> the document.  Any ideas?  I am using Publisher 2003 and Access 2002.

0
gsauer (5094)
2/10/2006 10:40:36 AM
I need the photos to show up in ACCESS too, so the photos are in my database,
but I also created a field in the database that I called "PhotoLink" where I
put the path to the photo files(which is in the same directory as the
Publisher document and the Access database.)  When it wasn't working, I put
everything in the same directory so there would be no doubt about where the
merge should find the photos, but it still didn't work.  I also tried putting
the photos in a directory under "My Pictures" and putting that path into the
link field.  That didn't work either.

Thanks so much for your help.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Joan <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > Thanks in advance.  I am a teacher, trying to create a monthly
> > "Student of the Month" publication that includes student photos.  The
> > info is all in my Access Database, but I need to put out a monthly
> > publication with pictures of a student from each class (about 26
> > photos) who earned the "Student of the Month" designation.
> > I am using Publisher to do a catalog merge with my Access database.
>
> Are the actual pictures in the publication, or text fields containing path
> descriptors of image files on your hard drive?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Joan (36)
2/10/2006 5:19:29 PM
Thanks Mary.  I saw that article before and so I put my publication, data
source and photos in the same directory, but still don't see any pictures in
the merged document.  I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know
what.  Does it matter what I call the field in my data base that holds the
links to the photos?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> This article will help...
> Troubleshoot catalog merge
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010380451033.aspx
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks in advance.  I am a teacher, trying to create a monthly "Student of
> > the Month" publication that includes student photos.  The info is all in my
> > Access Database, but I need to put out a monthly publication with pictures of
> > a student from each class (about 26 photos) who earned the "Student of the
> > Month" designation.
> > I am using Publisher to do a catalog merge with my Access database. One of
> > the fields I really need is a photo field.  I have tried to follow the
> > directions about putting links in for the photos, but no matter what I do,
> > the actual pictures do not show up in my finished merged document. My text
> > fields show up, and the layout is perfect, but the pictures do not come into
> > the document.  Any ideas?  I am using Publisher 2003 and Access 2002.

0
Joan (36)
2/10/2006 5:24:27 PM
Hi Joan. I am having the same problem merging from Excel. Have tried
everything and I know I am not doing anything wrong. I have tried all the
things you mentioned on your previous posts and cannot get the photo to
display. If you found out anything please let me know.

"Joan" wrote:

> Thanks Mary.  I saw that article before and so I put my publication, data
> source and photos in the same directory, but still don't see any pictures in
> the merged document.  I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know
> what.  Does it matter what I call the field in my data base that holds the
> links to the photos?
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > This article will help...
> > Troubleshoot catalog merge
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010380451033.aspx
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks in advance.  I am a teacher, trying to create a monthly "Student of
> > > the Month" publication that includes student photos.  The info is all in my
> > > Access Database, but I need to put out a monthly publication with pictures of
> > > a student from each class (about 26 photos) who earned the "Student of the
> > > Month" designation.
> > > I am using Publisher to do a catalog merge with my Access database. One of
> > > the fields I really need is a photo field.  I have tried to follow the
> > > directions about putting links in for the photos, but no matter what I do,
> > > the actual pictures do not show up in my finished merged document. My text
> > > fields show up, and the layout is perfect, but the pictures do not come into
> > > the document.  Any ideas?  I am using Publisher 2003 and Access 2002.

0
DK (144)
2/15/2006 3:19:27 AM
I haven't found out anything yet.  I'm wondering if I don't have full
functionality of my Publisher software yet because it isn't registered yet.
I have retail media and installation codes for media that is supposed to be
delivered to me. I don't know if that could be the problem, but I am
expecting my good media (that can be properly installed) within the next day
or two, so I will keep you posted.  I don't think I am doing anything wrong,
but it must not be working for a reason.
                             Joan

"DK" wrote:

> Hi Joan. I am having the same problem merging from Excel. Have tried
> everything and I know I am not doing anything wrong. I have tried all the
> things you mentioned on your previous posts and cannot get the photo to
> display. If you found out anything please let me know.
>
> "Joan" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Mary.  I saw that article before and so I put my publication, data
> > source and photos in the same directory, but still don't see any pictures in
> > the merged document.  I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know
> > what.  Does it matter what I call the field in my data base that holds the
> > links to the photos?
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> > > This article will help...
> > > Troubleshoot catalog merge
> > > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010380451033.aspx
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > >
> > > "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Joan (36)
2/15/2006 2:38:24 PM
I thought of that and downloaded all the updates for office. The only thing I
can think of is maybe some add-in is missing. Anyway I have written to Mary
(seems like she works for Microsoft) to escalate the problem instead of
asking us to visit the assitance site as a solution.

"Joan" wrote:

> I haven't found out anything yet.  I'm wondering if I don't have full
> functionality of my Publisher software yet because it isn't registered yet.
> I have retail media and installation codes for media that is supposed to be
> delivered to me. I don't know if that could be the problem, but I am
> expecting my good media (that can be properly installed) within the next day
> or two, so I will keep you posted.  I don't think I am doing anything wrong,
> but it must not be working for a reason.
>                              Joan
>
> "DK" wrote:
>
> > Hi Joan. I am having the same problem merging from Excel. Have tried
> > everything and I know I am not doing anything wrong. I have tried all the
> > things you mentioned on your previous posts and cannot get the photo to
> > display. If you found out anything please let me know.
> >
> > "Joan" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Mary.  I saw that article before and so I put my publication, data
> > > source and photos in the same directory, but still don't see any pictures in
> > > the merged document.  I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know
> > > what.  Does it matter what I call the field in my data base that holds the
> > > links to the photos?

0
DK (144)
2/15/2006 3:48:32 PM
DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Anyway I have
> written to Mary (seems like she works for Microsoft) to escalate the
> problem

Mary does not work for Microsoft.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/15/2006 4:11:15 PM
Ed,
Do you have any other ideas of what could be wrong?  Could it be that I
don't have full functionality yet because of the registration gliche?  I
don't get any error messages at all - just no pictures show up.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > Anyway I have
> > written to Mary (seems like she works for Microsoft) to escalate the
> > problem
>
> Mary does not work for Microsoft.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Joan (36)
2/15/2006 5:37:30 PM
sorry I mistook MVP as a title at Microsoft. I am sending you the documents I
am working on so you can take a look. Sending to the_nerd@mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > Anyway I have
> > written to Mary (seems like she works for Microsoft) to escalate the
> > problem
>
> Mary does not work for Microsoft.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
DK (144)
2/15/2006 5:52:27 PM
DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> sorry I mistook MVP as a title at Microsoft. I am sending you the
> documents I am working on so you can take a look. Sending to
> XXXXX

Didn't I ask you NOT to post the address back to the newsgroup?

I munged the address for a reason - because if it is posted in plain text,
spammers pick it up and send me spam.  It's not nice.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/15/2006 6:11:00 PM
I sent this earlier, somehow it was lost in cyberspace.

The articles can articulate a solution much better than I can.

If you plan to merge photos into your final publication, you will need to type
either the file name or path for each picture file that you want to use in the
appropriate column or data field for each record. Do one of the following :
If you plan to save your picture files and your data source in the same folder,
type the file name for the relevant picture. For example: firstphoto.jpg.
If the picture files will be located in a different folder from the data source,
type the path for the relevant picture. For example: C:\Documents and
Settings\Username\My Documents\My Pictures\Catalog Project\firstphoto.jpg.

In Publisher's catalog merge expand the pull-down to insert as a picture.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"DK" <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> sorry I mistook MVP as a title at Microsoft. I am sending you the documents I
> am working on so you can take a look. Sending to the_nerd@mvps.org
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> > Anyway I have
>> > written to Mary (seems like she works for Microsoft) to escalate the
>> > problem
>>
>> Mary does not work for Microsoft.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
gsauer (5094)
2/15/2006 7:12:01 PM
Joan
I think I figured it out. Mine is working now. The changes I made was I went
to the folder where all my photos were right clicked to look at properties
and noticed the READ ONLY was checked. I unchecked that and most of my photos
mergerd fine. The few that did not worked was because they were a different
format Bitmap vs Jpeg so I changed the extentions in my source document and
that fixed it. Hope this helps

"Joan" wrote:

> Ed,
> Do you have any other ideas of what could be wrong?  Could it be that I
> don't have full functionality yet because of the registration gliche?  I
> don't get any error messages at all - just no pictures show up.
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
> > DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > > Anyway I have
> > > written to Mary (seems like she works for Microsoft) to escalate the
> > > problem
> >
> > Mary does not work for Microsoft.
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
DK (144)
2/15/2006 11:04:27 PM
Mary,
Thanks so much for your additional pointers.
DK,
I finally got mine to work too.
To All who Responded to my posts:
Thanks for your answers and discussions. I finally got it to work.  I looked
at my table in Access and realized that I assigned the wrong data type to the
field where I had the photo links.  I used "hyperlink" and that was jazzing
everything up.  As soon as I changed the datatype of my field in access to
just plain text, it all worked fine.  It was such a stupid mistake that I
made a very easy thing difficult.
               I'm very pleased that this is working!
                 Joan
"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I sent this earlier, somehow it was lost in cyberspace.
>
> The articles can articulate a solution much better than I can.
>
> If you plan to merge photos into your final publication, you will need to type
> either the file name or path for each picture file that you want to use in the
> appropriate column or data field for each record. Do one of the following :
> If you plan to save your picture files and your data source in the same folder,
> type the file name for the relevant picture. For example: firstphoto.jpg.
> If the picture files will be located in a different folder from the data source,
> type the path for the relevant picture. For example: C:\Documents and
> Settings\Username\My Documents\My Pictures\Catalog Project\firstphoto.jpg.
>
> In Publisher's catalog merge expand the pull-down to insert as a picture.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "DK" <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > sorry I mistook MVP as a title at Microsoft. I am sending you the documents I
> > am working on so you can take a look. Sending to the_nerd@mvps.org
> >
> > "Ed Bennett" wrote:
> >
> >> DK <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> >>
> >> Mary does not work for Microsoft.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Joan (36)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Web Site using publisher 2003
We created a website page on Blue Host using publisher2003. It opens fine with Explorer 7 but wont open all items with 8....any thoughts? You'll get better answers here, post your URL, it is always helpful. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D331B8A7-ECAD-4DC1-AF4E-A1B453583120@microsoft.com... > We created a website page on...

Can I apply input mask to a numeric field ?
There is a requirement to enter YYYY in a number field. I have assigned a Integer field for this purpose. I would like to know is it possible to apply input mask so that end user will enter only 4 digits only ? Thanks If you want exactly 4 digits, use: 0000 If you want up to 4 digits, use: 9999 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OFWMvmiEIHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > There is a requirement to enter YYYY in a number field. > ...

Word mail merge

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

When sending doc in publisher 2007 the task bar is also shown
When I send an email re a document in publisher the recipient opens the doc and the task bar is also displayed along with the document it self. I want the viewer to view the document and not the task bar associated with it On Thu, 8 May 2008 20:11:01 -0700, Dean.C <Dean.C @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send an email re a document in publisher the recipient opens the doc >and the task bar is also displayed along with the document it self. I want >the viewer to view the document and not the task bar associated with it That's under the control of the recipien...

Question about adding fields
Hello, Is it possible to use a new field which is made in the deployment manager, and then added to a form (In this case the quote form) to use this field in a word template? I've added the field to the form, but when I try to make a word document from this quotation I cannot find the field I added to the form. KR, Martijn Afraid that you cannot change the list of available fields in the Word Merge. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Martijn" <martijnmagic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1151494779.013359.174090@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... Hello, Is it po...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

assigning fields to different users (......not owner)
I can use advanced find option and assign particular records to another owner BUT Can i do the same with other fields? for example i have a field name 'primary consultant' and i want to select the records having the specific person primary consultant and then assigning primary consultant to someone else (in batch as i have thousands of records) Hi Aami, have you tried this with the workflow manager yet? Manual rule --> Check entity --> specific field with specific content --> update entity --> specific field with specific new content I hope this helps Andreas Don...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Transposing fields!
How do I transpose the result from a Select Query? I have 10 fields in a table and when I query them they give me back 10 fields!! I want to turn the fields into rows! Can this be done? I can give specifics if this will help! I cant work this one out at all! Aran -- It wasnt Jesus it was just a fella! God Bless America! Use a Union query: SELECT Field1 FROM Table UNION ALL SELECT Field2 FROM Table UNION ALL (etc.) -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Aran Black" <AranBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC509DEA-9098-42FE-9C33-6FBE88545EB...

deleting extra pages in publisher
I have a booklet layout in Publisher with far too many pages. Can I delete the unwanted pages all at once? Paul Cunningham wrote: > I have a booklet layout in Publisher with far too many pages. Can I delete > the unwanted pages all at once? That depends which version of Publisher you're running. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Web page template back to publisher template
Hope I explain this properly. My Grandpa uses Publisher 2000 (better for his eye sight) All he does is card templates on it. When he opens some and goes to page setup the options are for Webpage setup. All the others and new card templates give card options when going to page setup. Book fold etc. I can only guess that somewhere along the line he has clicked something to change some of his card designs to web page. If it was me I would put it down to stupidity and do another template but he is 96 and very stubborn. He "knows" its nothing that he has done and says Microsoft must h...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Outlook Field Names
I have many Contacts with multiple e:Mail addresses. I entered them in my Contacts as E-mail, E-mail 2 & E-mail 3. Problem is, when I go to send a message to the individual, the individual's name is listed 3 times, followed by (E-mail), (E-mail 2) and (E-mail 3), and I need to right-click each one and select Properties in order to determine which entry contains the e:Mail address I want to send to. Is there any way I can change these field names (ie; Pers e:Mail, Work e:Mail, etc)? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...

Problems with can grow fields on data report
Hi Everyone, I have a problem with can grow fields on the data report. I have some fields aligned in a line which are "Can grow" enabled ( their "can grow" property is set to true). When one of the fields grows vertically all the other fields stay the same length. This looks ugly on my data report (I want to show the border bewteen the lines). How can i cause a group of fields to grow together if one of them grows? How can i cause the other "can grow" fields to grow? Thanks, Ron Answered in microsoft.public.access.reports ...

Pivot Table Page fields #3
Hi I need some help with the page fields settings on the pivot chart. When you drag an item into the page fields then automatically in the drop down menu for that item we find ALL option which I do not require. Is there a way to remove that? Ex: Say my item is GROUP and has A, B and C. When I drag this into the page fields I find A B C and also ALL in the drop down menu for the item Group. Can any one suggest me how to get rid of that ALL option? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ajit Hi I don't think you can hide the All option. But, take a look at Debra Dalgleish&#...

Absolute Field Validation
My main form is based on tbl_household_info which stores contact information and subform is based on tbl_family_member which stores name, gender, birthdate, etc. On the subform, I have a field called relationship that can be any of these values: Head of HH Husband Wife Son Daughter What I would like to happen is that one of the family members must be set to Head of HH before letting the user go to another household. In other words, when pressing the backward or forward navigation button of the main form, it needs to check to make sure Head of HH is selected for current family...