Merging in Publisher 2002 #2

When working on mail merges in Word, you have a source
document and a master or main document that combined,
produced a seperate MERGED DOCUMENT that you can edit and
then print.  I can't figure out how to produce a MERGED
DOCUMENT within Publisher.  I have a source document that
I import into a master or main document, but if I edit
that document, I change every page in that document.  For
example, I have an insert field called Publication Name.
After I hit VIEW MERGE I can skip through the document and
view names that have been imported to replace the
Publiscation Name insert field, for example, Mr. and Mrs.
Fred Smith, Mr. and Mrs. Ed Jones and Mr. and Mrs. John
Doe.  However, let's say that I only want Jane Doe to be
listed on that last page, instead of both names.  If I try
to change that in the document, then everywhere the
Publication Name merge field exists, I get Jane Doe...it
changes ALL of them.  Does this make sense?  I want to
edit in a seperate WORKING document like I do in
Word...how do I do this?
0
anonymous (74726)

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Kelly
Chadwick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> When working on mail merges in Word, you have a source
> document and a master or main document that combined,
> produced a seperate MERGED DOCUMENT that you can edit and
> then print.  I can't figure out how to produce a MERGED
> DOCUMENT within Publisher.

Publisher 2002 does not support to this option.
FWIW, if you have Windows 2000 or XP, you can upgrade to Publisher 2003
which has this option.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

CRM Rollup 2 for Windows XP x64 client
Have been running CRM 3.0 on a Windows XP SP2 x64 client for a while without a problem, have to perform a repair in the install the other day and needed to apply the rollup 2 for the install, however when I attempt to perform the install it tells me it's for another hardware platform. Is there a version for x64 Windows XP I missed? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Copying file from publisher & excel into website template
I volunteer for a learning school for disabled kids and need help! I have a file-literature piece-front & back covers that I'm trying to clip & paste into a website template.When I copy it, I paste only single boxes-publisher will not allow me to clip the entire page????? Also, how do you copy excel files into website templates? anyone know how to transfer the whole page w/backgrd? You can go to Edit > Select All, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the "group" icon, copy and then paste into the other document. As per the background, don't use a maste...

unable to open existing Publisher file
I have Publisher 2003 and I have been unable to open a file that I saved previously. As soon as I choose the file and click on "open" the whole program shuts down. Hello, I am having the same problem. Did you ever get in resolved? "Sandy" wrote: > I have Publisher 2003 and I have been unable to open a file that I saved > previously. As soon as I choose the file and click on "open" the whole > program shuts down. How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/198256/en-us If none of the above h...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Sales Document Print Options #2
Hi, I'm trying to modify the above window but I have difficulties in determining which window that triggers it in order to get the SOPType and SOPNumber. So far I notice that you can open this window from Sales Transaction Entry window and Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom window but how do you tell programmatically? Can't use Isloaded properties cause it fails if both windows are loaded. TIA, Sugih ...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Web Site using publisher 2003
We created a website page on Blue Host using publisher2003. It opens fine with Explorer 7 but wont open all items with 8....any thoughts? You'll get better answers here, post your URL, it is always helpful. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D331B8A7-ECAD-4DC1-AF4E-A1B453583120@microsoft.com... > We created a website page on...

Outlook problem!!! #2
Hullo folks. When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is absolutely NO text in the box what so ever. And i cannot click anywhere in the box to make my post send. What gives? Best Regards Silver. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:42:22 -1000, Silver <dsl46016@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote: > Hullo folks. > > When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a > message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is > absolutely > NO text in the box what s...

Word mail merge

Transfer time hh:mm to decimal and round #2
Anyone have any idea how to transfer say the time of 3:08 to a decima that rounds to nearest quarter? like 3.25??? anyone? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Combining Publisher Documents
I'm using Publisher 2002 on Windows XP and I like to combine 10 small Publisher documents into one document. Since there doesn't seem to be any "Help" listed on this I suspect it isn't possible. Any ideas? Thanks, ,,,,,,,,,,,Chet After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Chet Kloss <chetkloss@hotmail.com>... > I'm using Publisher 2002 on Windows XP and I like to > combine 10 small Publisher documents into one document. > Since there doesn't seem to be any "Help" listed on this > I suspect it isn&...

FORECASTING #2
Can someone help me. I would like to use excel to predict or forecast a number. I would like to plug in the following scenarios: 1st 2nd 1st 2nd 1st 2nd $ $ RT RT VST VST Increase % Increase 0.51 1.21 1.35 1.95 1.15 1.4 0.7 137% 0.66 1.5 1.85 2 1.25 1.33 0.84 127% 4.16 5.7 1.8 1.99 1.22 1.33 1.54 37% 4.52 11.12 1.31 2 1.23 1.47 6.6 146% 6.27 7.75 1.33 1.8 1.22 1.4 1.48 24% 6.74 14.5 0.96 2 1.13 1.54 7.76 115% 9.15 15.25 1.02 1.77 1.26 1.54 6.1 67% 11.86 23.64 1.67 2 1.41 1.55 11.78 99% 13.1 29.95 0.63 1.91 1.15 1.53 16.85 129% 14.76 25.9 1.12 1.84 1.27 1.49 11.14 75% 16.44 21.02 1.27 1.67...

The Best Instruction books for Publisher 2002?
Help, please!! I need some advise on which books are the most informative and helpful for a novice when learning the "how-to's" for Publisher 2002? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jills� <jillians@hotmail.com>... > I need some advise on which books are the most informative and helpful > for a novice when learning the "how-to's" for Publisher 2002? The first thing I would do is learn about DTP - if you don't properly understand the basics of DTP, then you will not progress very quickly in Publishe...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Attachment in Outlook 2002
Hi I have a new DELL Inspiron 510m with Windows XP and Office XP. I have applied all patches based on Windows update and Office update. When I try to attach a file in a mail I receive an error message: Out of memory or system resources. Close some .... I have reinstalled the maschine, I have tried Office 2003 but the same error appears. Thanks for any suggestions Regards PK With Word or Outlook as the editor? Does it also happen when you start Outlook with the /safe command line switch? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signature...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Publisher 2007 Spelling Defaults to French
Why does my Publisher 2007 keep switching between French and English spell check verification in the same text block of the same document? I am working in files that were created several months ago and I am attempting to make revisions within the existing text block. Spell checker verifies any preexisting text as English, but then switches to French spelling verification for anything new. This becomes evident by going to the beginning of the text block and "F7" - I can see the Check Spelling switch between English and French. New documents do not appear to be behaving in...

MS CRM DATABASE #2
HEY I HAVE A DOUBT REGARDING MS CRM DATABASE? CAN V HAVE MULTIPLE COMPANY IN A SINGLE DATABASE OR HAVE ONLY ONE COMPANY FOR A DATABASE AND ALSO CAN V HAVE TWO DATABASE IN A MS CRM PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE REGARDS VINODPRASANTH CALIFORNIA SOFTWARE COMPANY Each CRM system will support a single company per database. You could have multiple databases on one sql server with each database supporting a different company. Later releases of CRM will help with a multi tenancy model ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "VP" <...

Outlook 2002
I was able to click on a web link in an email and IE would automatically start and open the linked web page. Today when I clicked on a link an empty IE window opened and a I was asked to provide a path to a link browser. Now when I click on a link in a message an empty IE window opens along with the IE window with the proper web page. Anyone have an idea how to fix this problem? Thanks, Cliff Browse to the folder for your browser and locate the executable. Double click on it and the prompts should go away. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the di...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Closing down Outlook w/ 2 profiles
I have two profiles setup. When I close down Outlook 2003 and try to open the other profile the orginal mailbox opens. I have to go into Task Manager and kill the outlook process before I can log into the other profile. ANy suggestion? You need to determine what is keeping Outlook from closing completely. Add-ins, synching software, and fax software head the list. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3ebed$67ef5320$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have two profiles setup. When I close down Outlook 2003 > a...

Reallocating w/ Money 2002
Pretty new to Money Can anyone explain why when I try to reallocate between budget months that it increases/decreases the budgets for that month? e.g. I reallocate $20 from July to June for some category and my total monthly budget for July looks like I have an extra $20 to spend, while June has $20 less. Shouldn't there be no change? When you REALLOCATE money, that means that the money is moving. In your case, you are reallocating money from one month, to another. this means your budgeted amount will be less in one month, and more in the other. Brian "kesla" <k...