Merging Documents

--
 I have created two different Publisher documents that I want to merge into
one document.  Can this be done?
0
ginport (1)

What version Publisher?
There is a method here
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

There is always the copy/paste. Edit, Office Clipboard, you can collect 24
items. Select all on a page, group, copy. This will not work correctly if the
text boxes are linked.

I have a way on my web page, it is not for the faint of heart.
http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"ginport" <ginport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> I have created two different Publisher documents that I want to merge into
> one document.  Can this be done?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

When you move a document to a folder how do u retrieve it back?
How do u retrieve a document that you save in a folder in outlook? Open the folder and open the document - use Save As to save to a different location. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, SteveG asked: | How do u retrieve a document that you save in a folder in outlook? ...

Documentation vacuum
Just want to say how utterly ridiculous it is that this CRM has no real user documentation. Shoot, even ACT has a boatload by comparison. MS should be embarrassed. It takes hours on the MS website, the Small Business website and the partner website to piece anything useful together. Unbelievable. Maximizer, with all their docs is looking really good right now. does this one help http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/sbeguide.mspx ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Steve" <noreply@nothing.com> w...

NewRow fails when using XML document as Dataset
Hi All, I am using following code snippet to add another user in Users.xml: ------------------------------------------------------------------- DataSet dstUsers = new DataSet(); dstUsers.ReadXml("Users.xml"); DataTable dtbUsers = dstUsers.Tables["User"]; DataRow drwUser = dtbUsers.NewRow(); drwUser["UserName"] = "Test User 2"; dtbUsers.Rows.Add(drwUser); dstUsers.WriteXml("Users.xml"); ------------------------------------------------------------------- Users.xml looks like ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Sales Document Print Options #2
Hi, I'm trying to modify the above window but I have difficulties in determining which window that triggers it in order to get the SOPType and SOPNumber. So far I notice that you can open this window from Sales Transaction Entry window and Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom window but how do you tell programmatically? Can't use Isloaded properties cause it fails if both windows are loaded. TIA, Sugih ...

Linking Cells: Excel into Word Document
Greetings, After reading through the help files for Excel 2002, it seems to me that there is no way, except for programming, to have just a range of cells in a worksheet be linked to a Word document. Here is what I am attemping to accomplish: Using Word to create an extensive document for a database proposal. Using Excel to document the all of the required tables (since nothing has been created in Acces and I am new databases), drawing diagrams with lines and other database objects. Would like to be able to insert/link certain cells from a worksheet (which would be many inserts/links) into t...

Emailing word documents
I hope someone can please help me with this. I have been sending resumes for the last few months. Suddenly I have been told that there is no contact information at the top of the resume. When I send it to myself and a few others, they say it's there. Then again, there are still other people who tell me it is not there. Any idea what is happening with this and what I can do about it? I have tried formatting and options, but when I have it on the screen, the resume is in dark lettering while the contact information is gray colored (as if it's not there) I really need to...

Word mail merge

my documents open in WordPad, not their native program
When opening some of my documents, from a desktop shortcut, or "open recent documents", the document opens in WordPad, regardless of whether they were created with Publisher, Word, etc. Everything is fine if I open the doc through the native program, however. I am running XP Home SP2 and Outlook 2003 Small Business Edition. Look at the properties of the documents, see what opens them. Right-click any Office file, properties, opens with. If the correct application isn't used, click change. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Cannot access read-only documents.
I have three of many excel spread sheet files that I use and update daily that I can no longer access. I tried to access these files and I get the following message: "Cannot access read only document "file-name"". I am on Excel 2000 and Windows Me. I have checked out the properties on all files. None of them have the "read only" box ticked and there is only the General Tab. Also, there is no longer an author for these three files. All the rest that can be accessed have an author, normal attribute, and have General, Custom, Summary tabs. I do not recall ...

Combining Publisher Documents
I'm using Publisher 2002 on Windows XP and I like to combine 10 small Publisher documents into one document. Since there doesn't seem to be any "Help" listed on this I suspect it isn't possible. Any ideas? Thanks, ,,,,,,,,,,,Chet After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Chet Kloss <chetkloss@hotmail.com>... > I'm using Publisher 2002 on Windows XP and I like to > combine 10 small Publisher documents into one document. > Since there doesn't seem to be any "Help" listed on this > I suspect it isn&...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Security in Document Control
Hi experts, Could you tell me what facility Excel has for document control. I am aware of sheet protection and passwording etc but is there any way of doing the following: 1. Making the file unsavable (even with a different file name) so changes can be made, printed out and submitted for inclusion in the master file. 2. Having the file self delete after a certain period of time. I just only want one copy of this file in existence, bar backups. thank you Lisa Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel A Boolean) If SaveAsUI = True Then MsgBox "Restriction ...

Word 2007 macros won't work in document saved from template
Hello Am I doing something wrong? I have macros disabled with notification turned on, this works fine in a dot file with macros: warning when opening the template, user clicks on enable macros and all is fine. When opening a document created from the template, the macros don't work: nor does the notification message appear, only a msgbox warning when a macro is triggered "macros in this project have been disabled, refer to online documentation or help etc etc etc" How do I get the macros in the "doc" file to work the same way as when it was created from t...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Can a Report Automatically include a document from a hyperlink?
This would solve a huge problem if someone can figure it out. I have a database that I use to track qa audits. Every time there is an audit I get a pdf document from my auditor. I then enter comments pertaining to that audit into access. And a I create a link to the pdf file. I use a form now with the followhyperlink method to view and print the pdf files. Is there anyway that I can create a report, that automatically follows that link and prints the pdf file along with my comments? If it helps I am using access 2000. Thanks in advance for you help. yes, you can use ServerXmlHt...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...

Cursor position jumping around during document composition
I recently purchased an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 pre-installed. I have been have major problems with cursor control when composing documents, even now as I type. If I don't continue typing at lightning speed, the cursor position changes in the document, sometimes wipes out text just typed or the computer jumps to another open Microsoft application. Any suggestions on the source of this problem and how to correct it? Best regards, EA ...