Merging 2 publications

I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages.  I want to
merge them into 1 publication.  One has a text file that overflows to text
boxes on multiple pages.  "Copy all objects on page" seems to only work
within a single publication.
0
Volunteer (2)

Open Publisher twice with a file in each. Cut and paste.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Volunteer" <Volunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages.  I want
> merge them into 1 publication.  One has a text file that overflows to text
> boxes on multiple pages.  "Copy all objects on page" seems to only work
> within a single publication.

0
Retired (261)
11/7/2004 3:14:24 PM
This is still cumbersome.  Each page has between 1 and 3 text boxes.  The
"main" text actually is a multi-page formatted document that "auto-flows"
among the text boxes.

If I "Select all" objects on a page, they "copy-and-paste' without the
embedded text.  Then, when I select the text within the box, it tries to
"autoflow" again.  What I really want to do is take this document and append
it either within or to the end of the other document.

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Open Publisher twice with a file in each. Cut and paste.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Volunteer" <Volunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages.  I want
> > merge them into 1 publication.  One has a text file that overflows to text
> > boxes on multiple pages.  "Copy all objects on page" seems to only work
> > within a single publication.

What makes this more complex is that the text within the text boxes autoflows
for 13 pages.  I want to keep the autoflow capability as well as the
formatting.
What I really want to do is insert or append the pages from 1 document into
the other one.

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Open Publisher twice with a file in each. Cut and paste.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Volunteer" <Volunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages.  I want
> > merge them into 1 publication.  One has a text file that overflows to text
> > boxes on multiple pages.  "Copy all objects on page" seems to only work
> > within a single publication.

I have never heard of any other way than cut and paste. I use Publisher 2000
and don't know if a later version would give you a better option.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Volunteer Mom" <VolunteerMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What makes this more complex is that the text within the text boxes
autoflows
> for 13 pages.  I want to keep the autoflow capability as well as the
> formatting.
> What I really want to do is insert or append the pages from 1 document
into
> the other one.
>
> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
> > Open Publisher twice with a file in each. Cut and paste.
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >

> > "Volunteer" <Volunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages.  I
want
> > > merge them into 1 publication.  One has a text file that overflows to
text
> > > boxes on multiple pages.  "Copy all objects on page" seems to only
work
> > > within a single publication.

0
Retired (261)
11/7/2004 6:18:23 PM
I did the cut and paste, page by page, from the old document into the new.
However, now I cannot re-link the text boxes so that the data "auto-flows"
between them if I make changes, and I cannot get the "continued from" and
"continued to" messages to display.

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> I have never heard of any other way than cut and paste. I use Publisher 2000
> and don't know if a later version would give you a better option.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Volunteer Mom" <VolunteerMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What makes this more complex is that the text within the text boxes
> autoflows
> > for 13 pages.  I want to keep the autoflow capability as well as the
> > formatting.
> > What I really want to do is insert or append the pages from 1 document
> into
> > the other one.
> >
> > "Don Schmidt" wrote:
> >
> > > Open Publisher twice with a file in each. Cut and paste.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Don
> > > Vancouver, USA
> > >

> > > "Volunteer" <Volunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> want
> text
> work

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Sales Document Print Options #2
Hi, I'm trying to modify the above window but I have difficulties in determining which window that triggers it in order to get the SOPType and SOPNumber. So far I notice that you can open this window from Sales Transaction Entry window and Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom window but how do you tell programmatically? Can't use Isloaded properties cause it fails if both windows are loaded. TIA, Sugih ...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Can't find how to change Y-axis range to show new data in Excel Mac 12.2.4
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a simple bar chart that I created some years ago in a previous version of Excel. I add data each month and it shows miles I drive per month over the year, very helpful to keep track of distance and gas mileage. I've extended the Y-axis range downward a few times before, but can't find out how to do it this time. I always install the latest updates from Microsoft and now I'm running Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.2.4 (100205). My Y-axis range in this chart starts at 800, but I drove only 772 miles ...

Account Group ID #2
Even though I have included Account Group ID in my FA import it is not being assigned to the asset. This is a problem since the asset G/L depends on this ID. Right now all assets appear to be defaulting to the default Account Group ID. ...

How do I use 2 sets of data in a chart
both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. Hi, Have read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html Cheers Andy Skeety wrote: > both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook problem!!! #2
Hullo folks. When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is absolutely NO text in the box what so ever. And i cannot click anywhere in the box to make my post send. What gives? Best Regards Silver. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:42:22 -1000, Silver <dsl46016@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote: > Hullo folks. > > When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a > message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is > absolutely > NO text in the box what s...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

creating an address data base #2
I would like to create a database of clients, and when i type ne invoices i would like to select them so the address etc will fill int the address block automaticly -- adspreadboroug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adspreadborough's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27192 ...

Copying Cells #2
How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in the same range on the second sheet. Say the area is from A1 thru B2. Select A1 thru B2 on the first sheet and: Edit > Copy then select cell A1 only on the second sheet and: Edit > Paste Special > Formats. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200808 "DJ" wrote: > How can I copy a range of cells (some of which are filled with gray) from one > worksheet to another worksheet without deleting any data that may be in ...

look up question #2
I have a list of people with their system rights in the next column by group. Each person may have more than one type of right in the list as follows John Smith Edit Joe Doe Submit Cathy Dory Edit John Smith Submit As you can see above, John Smith has both edit and submit rights on this list. What I am looking for is a formula where I can look down the list of names and find all instances of John Smith and then it can tell me if John Smith ever has edit rights or ever has submit rights. What I would like it to do is return a 1 if he has edit rights a...

Word mail merge

Difference in years and months between 2 dates
Hi, Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 dates? (Using Office 2000) Thanx Subtract one from the other "Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54C0D76-1313-40EF-922C-FCB0780AD992@microsoft.com... : Hi, : : Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 : dates? (Using Office 2000) : : Thanx Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 >dates? (Using Office 200...

Outlook backups #2
I am trying to find out some information about outlook backups. I was under the impression that with Outlook 2003 you no longer have to close down outlook to do the backup. But I was just told by a friend that that is not true the .pst files are locked and you still can't back up no matter what software you use unless outlook is closed. Does anyone know of software that will backup outlook even if it is opened or possibly will close outlook before it backs it up? Thanks Philip There are 3rd party utilities that do this. But Microsoft produced a little addon to for personal folder ...

creating chart with 2 stacked columns and 2 lines
2005 2004 cost revenue % cost revenue % A 2,608 3,377 77.22% 2,615 3,331 78.49% B 2,549 3,596 70.90% 3,069 3,793 80.90% C 2,307 2,912 79.20% 2,365 2,769 85.40% D 1,916 2,180 87.90% 2,028 2,201 92.12% E 1,659 2,413 68.76% 1,441 2,159 66.76% From the above table, I wanna have cost and revenue on the same stacked column but separate stack for year 2005 and 2004 and have % as a line (should be 2 stacked 5 stacked columns with 2 lines). I've tried it by setting the cost as a secondary axis and set it as a stacked column but the problem is it needs to use the same...

FORECASTING #2
Can someone help me. I would like to use excel to predict or forecast a number. I would like to plug in the following scenarios: 1st 2nd 1st 2nd 1st 2nd $ $ RT RT VST VST Increase % Increase 0.51 1.21 1.35 1.95 1.15 1.4 0.7 137% 0.66 1.5 1.85 2 1.25 1.33 0.84 127% 4.16 5.7 1.8 1.99 1.22 1.33 1.54 37% 4.52 11.12 1.31 2 1.23 1.47 6.6 146% 6.27 7.75 1.33 1.8 1.22 1.4 1.48 24% 6.74 14.5 0.96 2 1.13 1.54 7.76 115% 9.15 15.25 1.02 1.77 1.26 1.54 6.1 67% 11.86 23.64 1.67 2 1.41 1.55 11.78 99% 13.1 29.95 0.63 1.91 1.15 1.53 16.85 129% 14.76 25.9 1.12 1.84 1.27 1.49 11.14 75% 16.44 21.02 1.27 1.67...

Lookup help #2
Hi All Trying to basically find - if "reading" A1 on sheet 1 then find "reading" on sheet 2 in column A and return cell No On worksheet 1 in cell A1 = Reading Worksheet 2 in column A = list of teams including Reading (Reading is eg A7 on this list) Result A7 Not having much joy - I must be looking at it the wrong way. Any help greatly welcome Thanks Paul Since you already know that Column A contains your data, would the row number be good enough for you? =MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corr...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Crystal Reports export to Excel
Crystal Enterprise is the web-based front-end server which displays stored/linked Crystal reports to my target audience. I use an export function that sends the report data to a .csv file so my users can open and manipulate it in Excel. The file I'm trying to create MUST maintain the data types of the underlying data fields, but currently is not retaining leading zeros. Leading zeros in various fields (ID#/SSN, Zip Codes, etc.) are not recognized and retained by Excel because it seems the incoming field data is seen as numerical instead of text. Using known pre-Excel formatting ...

Custom Buttons #2
I had several custom buttons to activate some macroses in my Excel but suddenly today they disappeared. It happen for the second time. The macroses are still there in my excel10.xlb. Could someone tell me where these custom buttons are saved in excel by default, and how could i restore them? Svilen Pachedzhiev Hi menu Tools > Options > View ensure "Show all" is selected under "Objects" HTH. Best wishes Harald "Svilen Pachedjiev" <Pachedjiev.S@bnbank.org> skrev i melding news:%23czbTwx9EHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I had several custom b...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Open Office #2
Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth using, particularly for Excel applications? Rob "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodoNOGOOBS.com.auNOGOOBS> wrote... >Can anyone advise how they've found Open Office and whether it is worth >using, particularly for Excel applications? Depends on what you're trying to do. OO Calc's array handling is much weaker than Excel's, so many (possibly most) of the trickier array formulas given in these Excel ngs won't work in OO Calc. But most of the other techniques work. OO Calc provides onl...

Item Receiving in IV10200 #2
We are experiencing the same issue except the difference in cost being assigned to the 1 item is dramatically different than the other units that are at the correct cost. Any idea where I should look to find a setup issue that might be causing this? Joel "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote: > This is by design to handle costs that cannot be evenly divided by the > quantity within the number of decimals defined. For example, if you purchase > 10 items and pay 11 cents total, ten will be received at one penny and one at > two pennies (assuming that only 2 dec...

Office 2003 Recieving error with 2 Email accounts from Same Server #2
I'll try to describe this the best I can, First I'm running outlook 2003 with the service pack on windows xp sp2. Windows firewall is turned off as is my antivirus software is disabled while trying to get this to work (I even uninstalled it) I have two email accounts set up correctly (Two of my other co workers have the same exact set up and email accounts and they have no issues) on the same server i.e. email1@domain.com and email2@domain.com. When the send and recieve function is activated, the non default email account gets a recieve error as below Task 'EMAIL ACCOUNT - Rec...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...