merge results of many records on one page

I want to merge many records as consecutive lines on a page as opposed to
each page representing a single record. Thus turning Publisher into a report
writing tool.

I have no difficulty merging labels and standard type letters etc using mail
merge from Access or Excel as the data source.
0
jennigp (1)

Setup your page the same way you would labels. If you want 30 records per page with a
..5 margin all around, divide 10 inches by 30, setup your custom page, 7.5 x 0.34.
With a text box this narrow you will have to change the font size and set the text
box top and bottom margin to zero.
Do some experimenting.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"jennigp" <jennigp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to merge many records as consecutive lines on a page as opposed to
> each page representing a single record. Thus turning Publisher into a report
> writing tool.
>
> I have no difficulty merging labels and standard type letters etc using mail
> merge from Access or Excel as the data source.

0
gsauer (5094)
9/29/2005 9:36:14 PM
After thinking about this and how convoluted it is, why not make a report in Access
or Excel?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Setup your page the same way you would labels. If you want 30 records per page with
> a .5 margin all around, divide 10 inches by 30, setup your custom page, 7.5 x 0.34.
> With a text box this narrow you will have to change the font size and set the text
> box top and bottom margin to zero.
> Do some experimenting.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "jennigp" <jennigp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I want to merge many records as consecutive lines on a page as opposed to
>> each page representing a single record. Thus turning Publisher into a report
>> writing tool.
>>
>> I have no difficulty merging labels and standard type letters etc using mail
>> merge from Access or Excel as the data source.

0
gsauer (5094)

Embedding outlook elements in a web page
Hi, I am currently doing some development for a corporate portal and I have a couple of questions about embedding outlook in a portlet. The solution I have found is to use the outlook view activex control in the portlet, but this doesnt really give me what I need. What I would like is to have kind of a summary showing emailaddress, number of unread messages in the inbox, number of open tasks, etc for the logged on user. The activex control only gives me the entire view of the inbox, calendar, etc. So, can the outlook view control be used to show a summary, like Outlook Today, on a webpage or ...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Results of Microsoft Office Diagnostics
Results of Microsoft Office (2007) Diagnostics: "Update Diagnostic — Unable to access a required file" I get this everytime even after I have Selected the "Download a file periodically that helps determine system problems" check box in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, Publisher, and InfoPath as advised by the 'Results of Microsoft Office Diagnostics' webpage. What can I do to have Office recognise that this setting has been selected? -- FrancisM ...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

Moving exchange from one server to another
I have moved all mailboxes and public folders from one server to another in the same site. I had deleted items retention set to 6 month on the first server so users could retrieve deleted items from their outlook client. Now since their mailboxes are moved to the new server and they try to recover deleted items, it comes up blank. How do I move the delete items from the old server to the new one? I don't want to have to overwrite the priv.edb on the new server since it is the most recent one now. I guess you should start practicing your disaster recovery skills as it seems to be not...

Can I do a relationship within the page for ER
hi all, I'm having difficulty where I need to draw my database structure in visio. Using ER design, how I'm going to interlink or make a relationship within the pages. Where each page represent each system. Each page(system) will interrelashionship bvy each others. Anyone can help. Masita ...

Word mail merge

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Adding records, duplicate found but can't delete it.
I have a simple DB, one table named "Students". The table has three fields: studentID (unique, no duplicates, primary key) firstName (obvious use) lastName (obvious use) I enter data and all seems to be well until I enter a duplicate studentID. Of course, Access (2003 & 2007) complains about the duplicate and prompts me to change the duplicate field. No problem. However, if I don't want to change the "bad" record but only want to "delete" it and work on some other records already in the table, Access will not let me do this. I must click on the tabl...

adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart
I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can someone please help me? Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet. Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points. Similarly for the third and fourth sheets. If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y data range for an existing sreries. -- David Biddulph "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

update records
Hi, I have a database that holds thousands of employees and their info. That information is updated at least once a month (change in telephone numbers, address, etc.). What i've thought of updating it is by opening each employee (in a form) and update their records but for sure it will take me forever to update all. Is there an alternative way to update the record? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 04:57:51 GMT, "new2access via AccessMonster.com" <u51724@uwe> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a database that holds ...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Moving email from one computer to another
How do I transfer email folders from outlook in one computer to outlook in another computer? Thanks in advance Export all your messages to a .pst file from outlook and then import them on the other from that same .pst file. File / Import Export Wizard / Export to a file / Select Personal Folder File ..pst / Select which folder has your mail / Pick the location and the name of the backup file / Then click on FINISH. I hope this helps Thanks "Mickey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022f01c3c9ac$1a01a860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer e...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

how to split data in a range to many ranges
I have data in a range, like 1,2,3,4,5. I want to split each of them to five different ranges. How to do it. thanks. -- Paul Data|Text to columns Delimited by commas Looks like it should work. Paul wrote: > > I have data in a range, like 1,2,3,4,5. > I want to split each of them to five different ranges. > How to do it. thanks. > > -- > Paul -- Dave Peterson Thank you, Dave. I made it. "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> ???????:421882CD.22F31915@netscapeXSPAM.com... > Data|Text to columns > Delimited by commas > > Looks...

The result for select user_name(), current_name
Hello! If I use suser_sname in my program and use IIS I get hempc\aspnet. Now to my question. If I use select user_name(), current_name I get dbo. For example if the result for this select user_name(), current_name should be aspnet how should the settings be configured then.'' //Tony On Jan 7, 12:47=A0am, "Tony Johansson" <johansson.anders...@telia.com> wrote: > Hello! > > If I use suser_sname in my program and use IIS I get > hempc\aspnet. > > Now to my question. > If I use select user_name(), current_name I get dbo. &g...

Web page template back to publisher template
Hope I explain this properly. My Grandpa uses Publisher 2000 (better for his eye sight) All he does is card templates on it. When he opens some and goes to page setup the options are for Webpage setup. All the others and new card templates give card options when going to page setup. Book fold etc. I can only guess that somewhere along the line he has clicked something to change some of his card designs to web page. If it was me I would put it down to stupidity and do another template but he is 96 and very stubborn. He "knows" its nothing that he has done and says Microsoft must h...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Page Numbering Where I Want To!!!!!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel So, to ask a stupid question, Why is it so difficult for Microsoft to make it so I can start page numbers where ever I want? I have printed out the Microsoft Word 2008 Help File for doing just that, followed the instructions to THE LETTER...6 times and it didn't work. I still got a page number on the cover page, which I didn't want. Then to make sure that it was not my fault, I gave the computer to the wife to try and she too tried 4 times with no success. <br><br>Can somebody explain wh...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...