media player 9 video repair update

media player 9-

i have never being able to see an  e-mail video clip without sttoping /pause
/hanging for a long time !!
is out there a repair for this problem  ??

   mkconnie1@juno.com

                    Thanks

0
John1063 (943)

Not a Publisher problem. Try posting in the proper newsgroup.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> media player 9-
>
> i have never being able to see an  e-mail video clip without sttoping
> /pause
> /hanging for a long time !!
> is out there a repair for this problem  ??
>
>   mkconnie1@juno.com
>
>                    Thanks

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/16/2007 2:33:51 PM
Media Player is currently version 10, think about upgrading.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/10/default.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> media player 9-
>
> i have never being able to see an  e-mail video clip without sttoping /pause
> /hanging for a long time !!
> is out there a repair for this problem  ??
>
>   mkconnie1@juno.com
>
>                    Thanks

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/16/2007 2:47:56 PM
john wrote:
> media player 9-
>
> i have never being able to see an  e-mail video clip without sttoping
> /pause /hanging for a long time !!
> is out there a repair for this problem  ??
>
>   mkconnie1@juno.com
>
>                    Thanks
=================================
Just a thought...but maybe it's
an issue with your virus scanner.

If you copy the video to your desk
top does it open faster?

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
6/16/2007 4:25:04 PM
"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>Media Player is currently version 10,

unclegrumpy (297)

Password-protecting video file from being stopped
Hey everyone-- I'm trying to set up my Windows Media Player so that I can set my graduation video on loop at my grad party. I remember briefly that in one of the Windows Media Player versions (9, 10, 11, or another more recent one) it allowed you to password-protect your video from being stopped while in full-screen mode. I was wondering how I could do this again to prevent people from exiting out during the party. Thank you in advance!! This is what a simple Internet search turned up: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/lock-the-screen-while-in-full-screen-mode-i...

The update
Is the blasted update over or not. The notice said it would be completed today, does that mean working hours today or midnight tonight? I still can not log on and I have business to conduct. -- ebekim In microsoft.public.money, ebekim wrote: >Is the blasted update over or not. The notice said it would be completed >today, does that mean working hours today or midnight tonight? I still can >not log on and I have business to conduct. Sign in offline, and you can do most things. So the update is not over? -- ebekim "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.publi...

Media player queuing
I have (now) windows xp home, because windows blew up and I had to re-install my operating system. Before, I played audio tracks with my choice media player, Media Monkey. I could right-click an audio track in my comp and in the box that popped up, I could see these options : play next, play last (and more). I could queue several tracks in the player. Well, I've read every line of every catagory and sub-catagory in the player and can't figure out how to do that again! I DID right-click an audio file and chose : open with - then chose Monkey and also chose ALWAYS open the...

Item Master Update
I would like to know what tasks, procedures or actions within GP affects the Item Master (IV00101) regarding the field CURRENT COST. This is the scenario that i have and its why i am asking.... I have a manufacture item lets call it ETV If i go to the manufacturing BOM my ETV build cost is: 119.3077 dollars If i go to the Item Master my ETV cost is: 125.11 dollars I know that labor is added so i created a stored procedure where it gives me the number of manufactured items, the cost of the bom based on the components last receipt, landed cost for each component on last receipt, selling price...

update query
I have 3 tables joined (tblCSD, tblSpecialties & tblCSD_Specialties). tblCSD has my demographics with primary key CSDID, tblSpecialties has a list of clinical specialties with primary key specialtiesID and tblCSD_Specialties has the joined data of CSDFK & SpecialtiesFK. I then have a crosstab query to get results of above. My question is how can I create a form for a user to update the tblCSD_Specialties that would transfer back to my crosstab query? I know I likely haven't given enough information, but I'm not sure what else you will need. Thank you in advance!!! I ...

Money 2002 Updates
I recently had to rebuild my Windows XP Home PC and re-install Money 2002 Personal and Business. Everything appears to be working okay except for the announcements and possibly critical updates. These don't appear to be being updated anymore. I get no errors messages, but the announcements haven't changed in the 2 weeks since I re-installed the software and still have the LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!, Some index symbols have changed and Updated bank information messages that were there when I installed the software. Don't know what to say, maybe it has to do with the Busi...

Startup button and Desktop disappeared after installing MS update
Hi All, I have been googling and trying everything I can, but I cannot get them back. Today after installing update, that is it. Startup and desktop have gone. All I can do is that CTR+ALT+DEL to open Task manager. I cannot see either explorer.exe or iexplorer.exe. I have noticed that a lot of services that even are set to Automatic cannot start, I cannot restart manually either. I have tried safe mode with different user account, it does the same thing. Wins XP SP3. Any help would be much appreciated. Vdz "vdz" <vdz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

ItemDynamic Updates
I'm trying to understand how the 'snapshot' reporting works and need to understand how the ItemDynamic table is maintained. My working hypothesis is this: When shops connect overnight, they receive new data from HQ and send up sales data for the period since the last connection. Shops only send details for items that have changed - i.e. been sold or had goods received or transferred. Probably the snapshot date in ITEMDYNAMIC is the last date that an item had a movement. This means that any cost/price data in ITEMDYNAMIC relating to a snapshot could pre-date new cost/price d...

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and Media Extender XBOX 360.
Dear friends! I cannot get my XBOX 360 to communicate (via hard wire) to my WMC7 PC. I have tried everything i found on internet regarding this problem. This is the error message i've got in the Media Center Log: Media Center Extender Setup failed as the Extender was detected on the network but the UPnP search for the Extender failed (timed out after 20000ms). Som data about my environment: -Netgear Router FVS318v3 with latest firmware and UPNP enabled. UPNP works fine in my home network. -Xbox 360 and Windows 7 PC are on same neetwork. -Xbox 360 Live connections wor...

Microsoft releases new critical update patch for IE6 (win-98 compatible)
There was a new update yesterday MS10-018: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB980182) that can be downloaded from here: Update for Internet Explorer 6 SP1 http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/4/4/04410A0A-3D84-4B0B-A447-D27EB14F5D5F/IE6.0sp1-KB980182-Windows2000-x86-ENU.exe 17 new files (the 16 usual ones and 'tdc.ocx'). The packed file is IE6.0sp1-KB980182-Windows2000-x86-ENU.exe (4.1 mb) After unpacking (using either winzip or winrar) the files you need will be in the \rtmgdr. These are the files: BROWSEUI DLL 1,018,368 03-05-10 9:49a...

ie explorer update/xp service pack update
I have had to reload my original operating system, after my computer failed. I have IE 6.00, xp service pack 1, x86 (32 bit) I want to upgrade to the home user version of service pack 3 and ie 8, but am blocked on Microsoft's Windows Download Center and Windows Update sites (Need a higher version of IE, but can't obtain the higher version of IE until I have SP 3, but can't download SP 3 until I have a higher level of IE). Help! Download, *save*, and then install Firefox 3.0.17 http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.0.17&os=win&lang=en-US Then d...

Updating Test Company in GP 9.0
I have used the procedures for setting up a new test company, but now the data is kind of stale and I want to refresh the test database with current live company data. After restoring a current "live" backup into the "test" company, do I still need to run the script from the TK on setting up a new test company? Or is there something else I should do? Thanks, DavidF. On Nov 21, 10:18 pm, davidf. <dav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have used the procedures for setting up a new test company, but now the > data is kind of stale and I want to refre...

CUSTOMIZING OUTLOOK TODAY #9
My CUSTOMIZE OUTLOOK TODAY button doesn't function. Any ideas? Thank you. The problem relates to a critical update for IE. Check this article for further information. I have tested their solution and it does work. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820575 Phoenex Michael wrote: > My CUSTOMIZE OUTLOOK TODAY button doesn't function. Any > ideas? > > Thank you. -- Dave Do not give out this email address or place into a web page unless you have my permission. ...

Windows Media Center ??
Is it possible to run windows Media center under windows xp- pro ? The links that I can find seem to want you to up grade to windows 7 ... there are some old posts to downloads for the center .. but these seem to be now upgraded to windows 7 I have a hap TV card .. which requires the media center to use the dual tuner facility .. not - windows media player .. this is not suitable tnx - G . WinXP MCE and WinXP Pro are pretty much (but not quite) the same thing. If your hardware is compatible, you might consider "upgrading" to ...

Hi There, I'm a total amateur writing a nifty little jukebox for my house, with a few bits of security in preparation for a party... ;) As a result I'm trying to use Visual C++ with an Windows Media Player ActiveX control.... And getting absolutely nowhere... Can anyone shed any light on the methods I need to use? Also I can't seem to find out how to query id3 tag data with c++... Anyone out there who's can help a bewildered newbie?? Cheers How are you doing it now? Where are you stuck. Here is what I would do. Go to your resource editor, and add the ActiveX control...

Problems with Media Center, Media Player!!
I am havinb a Windows XP Media Center 2005 os on my laptop. I am using the laptop since 2-3 years now. Every thing was working fine till a month back. Last month, my graphics card had a problem and cause of that I had to change the motherboard of the laptop. It was done by authorized HP service center. After that I am facing a strang frustrating problem. The speaker on/off button on my Media Center key pad of the laptop is acting wierd, and speakers are geting on/off randomly, at the same time It launches the Media Center, Quick Play and Media Player randomly whenever this spea...

Current Money Program Update: What's it Do?
I just went through the update process for the most recent software update -- is there a file somewhere that lists changes in this update? Click the link that talks about it on the What's New module on Money's home page. -Mark "Ben" <benjimen@mail.com> wrote in message news:165DF8BF-3D8B-45F8-BBE7-C3D462D48065@microsoft.com... >I just went through the update process for the most recent software >update -- is there a file somewhere that lists changes in this update? > ...

Is it just me - or are - windows 7 - media center - windows live mail
Some three months into Windows 7 X64 and just about reconciled to absence of NewsGroups via Outlook Express - when up jumps Windows Live Mail - evidently with capability to reach out and subscribe to NTTP Newsgroups. I surmise - there must also be a host of features (or at least - some) which also I have managed to overlook - which are part of the Media Center Software. Won't even mention the new look of Office 2007 (2010 you say?) where it takes a dullard like me - a few weeks to find the help tab.... But - getting there is said to be more important than the final ...

Magnetic Media for prior years
My client needs to send copies of their W2's to SS for 2007. They didn't own mag media then. When I go in to create the file it only gives me 2008 as an option. Is there a way to make 2007 data available so we don't have to re-print 200 W2's? Thanks for any help. Tracey D ...

Update to pictures/clipart not appearing in workspace
Hi all! I have the ATI Radeon X800 Video card and wasn't able to see the clip art or pictures when inserted in the workspace. ATI just came out with a new driver on March 9 (while I was out of town) and I have just installed it. Everything seems to be working fine now... every picture or clip I have inserted is showing up properly. Here is the link for the new 3/9/05 driver for that particular video card https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27 Hope this helps someone! ~Susan Susan <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> was...

GP 9.0 , BP 3.0 Modifying "Approval Steps" for "Vacation Requests"
Am using GP 9.0 & Business Portal 3.0 HR module is installed and Payroll module is not. Want to modify default approval steps for "Employee Vacation Requests" in BP 3.0. Under the "Resource Settings" section on "Business Processes" page you specify the "Reporting Structure". Where do you actually define the "HRM Supervisor Resource" and "HRM Originator Provider" reporting structures themselves. I need to understand how this works. You also need to specify a "Resource Query" and "Query Input". Please as...

Media Player 11 Changes Media Icons On All My Media Files
I just loaded MP11 and suddenly realized the icons on all my media files had been changed to some icon I did not recognize. The Media application icon is as it should be but files I am use to looking at have changed. It is possible to revert this back or do I need to just roll back to MP10 Media File Icon before: ****************** Media File after upgrade to MP7: begin 666 1WinMedia 7 file Icon Before.jpeg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0```0`!``#_VP!#``$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$! M`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0'_ MVP!#`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0...

task updateing through time sheet, but it is not reflecting
task areupdating on there task through time sheet, project manager is accepting the task, But the same after accepting is not reflecting in the project. sharul -- You need to give us more information, my friend. What version of Project Server are you using? 2003 or 2007? And please be more specific about WHERE the team members are updating tasks. On the My Timesheet page or the My Tasks page (if you are using Project Server 2007)? Let us know and we will try to help. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.co...

Media for CRM 3.0
Where do customeres on software assurance get media for CRM 3.0. Will it come in the mail, or does the partner have to order it form them? -- --------------------------- Pierre Hulsebus - CRM Consultant http://www.ehtc.com/ehtc/infuse.htm Certified Integration Between Microsoft CRM to Microsoft Solomon ---------------------------- Pierre, You have to order a mediakit for CRM 3.0. This must be doen via a Microsoft Partner. It's around ? 30,00 -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Pierre Hulsebus" <support@ehtc.com> w...

Offline Address Book not updating.
MY Offline Address Book has stopped updating. I have installed nothing new on this server, except Windows Updates. This server is not an AD server and only functions as an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server. When I go into the ESM, then go to Offline Address Lists, right click on my Offline Address Book, then select Rebuild, I get a message that pops up stating: "MAPI or an unspecified service provider ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000 ID no: c1050000 Exchange System Manager" On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:45:27 -0800, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >MY Off...