May I put publisher 2002 on my home computer and my office computer?

I am never in both places at once and no one else uses either computer. Am I
allowed to load my one purchased copy on both computers?

Bob

0
Boudewyns (3)

Did it come with your computer or did you buy it separately?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bob Boudewyns" <Boudewyns@Gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am never in both places at once and no one else uses either computer. Am
>I allowed to load my one purchased copy on both computers?
>
> Bob

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/8/2006 8:45:45 PM
I bought it separately, JoAnn.

Bob

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> Did it come with your computer or did you buy it separately?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Bob Boudewyns" <Boudewyns@Gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am never in both places at once and no one else uses either computer. Am
>>I allowed to load my one purchased copy on both computers?
>>
>> Bob

0
Boudewyns (3)
6/9/2006 3:11:05 AM
Bob Boudewyns wrote:
> I bought it separately, JoAnn.
>
> Bob
===========================
Here's some info copied from
the Pub 2002 EULA.

=====
General License Grant to Install
and Use Software Product. You may
install and use one copy of the Software
Product on a single computer, device,
workstation, terminal, or other digital
electronic or analog device ("Device").
You may make a second copy of the
Software Product and install it on a
portable Device for the exclusive use
of the person who is the primary user
of the first copy of the Software Product.
A license for the Software Product
may not be shared.
=====

To read the EULA...open Pub2002...
go to...Search Help for EULA...choose...
"View the End User License Agreement"

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
6/9/2006 4:12:41 AM
Thanks, John. It's helpful to see this laid out for me.

Bob

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Bob Boudewyns wrote:
>> I bought it separately, JoAnn.
>>
>> Bob
> ===========================
> Here's some info copied from
> the Pub 2002 EULA.
> =====
> General License Grant to Install and Use Software Product. You may install
> and use one copy of the Software Product on a single computer, device,
> workstation, terminal, or other digital electronic or analog device
> ("Device"). You may make a second copy of the Software Product and install
> it on a portable Device for the exclusive use of the person who is the
> primary user of the first copy of the Software Product. A license for the
> Software Product may not be shared.
> =====
>
> To read the EULA...open Pub2002...
> go to...Search Help for EULA...choose...
> "View the End User License Agreement"
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

0
Boudewyns (3)
6/9/2006 2:05:37 PM
Bob Boudewyns wrote:
> Thanks, John. It's helpful to see this laid out for me.
>
> Bob
==================
You're welcome.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
6/9/2006 4:04:29 PM
Thank you, John. I had two meetings today that ran from 9 am until 5:15 pm.
I just got home a few moments ago.  :-(

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Bob Boudewyns wrote:
>> Thanks, John. It's helpful to see this laid out for me.
>>
>> Bob
> ==================
> You're welcome.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/10/2006 12:40:18 AM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> Thank you, John. I had two meetings today that ran from 9
> am until 5:15 pm. I just got home a few moments ago.  :-(
==========================
Glad to help when I have a clue  :o)

Good grief...long meetings...
productive...I hope...

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
6/10/2006 2:33:36 AM
Yes, to some degree.

The first meeting was from 9 till noon and was about a handbook I'm
producing for a national seminar. The chairwoman and I had a one-on-one
about content. (And I'll bet you can guess which program I'll be creating it
with.) We got a lot accomplished. The seminar is mid-October. For the last
two years, I've basically been sitting back with my feet propped up. Now a
lot of the committee members are wrapping up their duties and mine is about
to start. I should be starting to get the info in by the first of July.
Deadline is Aug 1, first draft due by third week of August. I've been told I
will still be getting info in September. Gonna be a crazy summer.

The afternoon meeting started at 1. I am the webmistress for the group.
(I'll bet you can also guess which program I *don't* use for the website.)
My report was "I went, I saw, I changed, I saved, I exited." For most of the
meeting I sat there and did Sudoku puzzles. I darned near fell asleep.

Tomorrow is the region meeting with about 75 attendees. That one will be
about 2 hours long. The really cool thing is that for the first time since I
joined the group, the meeting is being held in my town. No overnight stays -
I will sleep in my own bed tonight and I get to have dinner with my husband
both days. I especially enjoy that part.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
>> Thank you, John. I had two meetings today that ran from 9
>> am until 5:15 pm. I just got home a few moments ago.  :-(
> ==========================
> Glad to help when I have a clue  :o)
>
> Good grief...long meetings...
> productive...I hope...
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/10/2006 3:00:18 AM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> Yes, to some degree.
>
> The first meeting was from 9 till noon and was about a
> handbook I'm producing for a national seminar. The
> chairwoman and I had a one-on-one about content. (And
> I'll bet you can guess which program I'll be creating it
> with.) We got a lot accomplished. The seminar is
> mid-October. For the last two years, I've basically been
> sitting back with my feet propped up. Now a lot of the
> committee members are wrapping up their duties and mine
> is about to start. I should be starting to get the info
> in by the first of July. Deadline is Aug 1, first draft
> due by third week of August. I've been told I will still
> be getting info in September. Gonna be a crazy summer.
>
> The afternoon meeting started at 1. I am the webmistress
> for the group. (I'll bet you can also guess which program
> I *don't* use for the website.) My report was "I went, I
> saw, I changed, I saved, I exited." For most of the
> meeting I sat there and did Sudoku puzzles. I darned near
> fell asleep.
>
> Tomorrow is the region meeting with about 75 attendees.
> That one will be about 2 hours long. The really cool
> thing is that for the first time since I joined the
> group, the meeting is being held in my town. No overnight
> stays - I will sleep in my own bed tonight and I get to
> have dinner with my husband both days. I especially enjoy
> that part.
==============================
Sounds like it was worthwhile...and
at least you enjoyed some puzzles
and had something to look forward
to in the evening.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
6/11/2006 5:19:22 PM
I always carry something with me - Sudoku puzzles, PDA with Backgammon
loaded, crossword puzzles, a book. Keeps me occupied.

And I always look forward to quality time with Keith. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
>> Yes, to some degree.
>>
>> The first meeting was from 9 till noon and was about a
>> handbook I'm producing for a national seminar. The
>> chairwoman and I had a one-on-one about content. (And
>> I'll bet you can guess which program I'll be creating it
>> with.) We got a lot accomplished. The seminar is
>> mid-October. For the last two years, I've basically been
>> sitting back with my feet propped up. Now a lot of the
>> committee members are wrapping up their duties and mine
>> is about to start. I should be starting to get the info
>> in by the first of July. Deadline is Aug 1, first draft
>> due by third week of August. I've been told I will still
>> be getting info in September. Gonna be a crazy summer.   The afternoon
>> meeting started at 1. I am the webmistress
>> for the group. (I'll bet you can also guess which program
>> I *don't* use for the website.) My report was "I went, I
>> saw, I changed, I saved, I exited." For most of the
>> meeting I sat there and did Sudoku puzzles. I darned near
>> fell asleep.  Tomorrow is the region meeting with about 75 attendees.
>> That one will be about 2 hours long. The really cool
>> thing is that for the first time since I joined the
>> group, the meeting is being held in my town. No overnight
>> stays - I will sleep in my own bed tonight and I get to
>> have dinner with my husband both days. I especially enjoy
>> that part.
> ==============================
> Sounds like it was worthwhile...and
> at least you enjoyed some puzzles and had something to look forward to in
> the evening.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

0
jl_paules (2767)

Publisher crashes when opening only one file
Good morning all, I am using Pub 2002. It is working great except when opening one 16 page document. Just this week, Pub started crashing when opening this document. Last week it was working fine. All the other documents open fine. Some specifics about this document. It does have links to Word docs and the links update when the file is opened. But it is crashing before it even tries to update the links. I am hoping to be able to get around this problem so I don't have to recreate the whole thing. Specifics from the error message. BTW, I am running XP SP1. AppName: mspub...

Outlook 2002 SP3: Can't open file: *.msg. The file may not exist, you may...
Hi, recently I am unable to open attachments within Outlook that have an extension of .msg. When previewing a message in the preview pane, the attachment MSG icon appears white. When the message is opened, it changes to a beige color. Double-clicking (and choosing Open from the menu) on the icon in either state yields no results. When I save the message to my desktop, I took the DDE command used to open files with the .msg extension ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office \Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE" /f "%1"). I changed to the directory where the message is and ran: "C:\Program...

If I wanted 5-7 to mean May 7th, I would type "May 7th"
I dont understand why a non-pro user at excel has to go searching for a way to turn this function off. Does Microsoft not care about those of us who dont use Excel on a everyday-forwork-basis? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/o...

Excel 2002 hangs when I try to insert a Package
I have Office XP And SP 3 installed. When I try to insert a package using Insert > Object > Package Excel hangs and stops responding. I can succesfully insert a PowerPoint object type... ...

no autoupdater in new macbook with new office install,
Hello ... I am new to Macs so I hope the answer to this isn't obvious. Just purchased Macbook. About this Mac says Mac OS X Version 10.4.9 I tested the Office:Mac test drive then purchased it. Before installing I uninstalled as instructed, then did a custom installation but chose to install everything. No problems - everything running fine etc. When I click on Check for Updates in the Help Menu it says Autoupdate isn't installed - do I want to install it now. I click yes ... but it says There Was an Error Installing Autoupdate So I searched and haven't found an definitive an...

AutoFilter May be Misbehaving
I have a worksheet, using 1845 rows and columns out to AB. We use the AutoFilter command on the Data menu constantly, and are getting a strange behaviour. When the filter is applied, it shows the appropriate data, but hides all the rows from 1845 down to 3606 and then displays the remaining from 3606 to 65536. What I can not figure out is why are rows 1845 to 3606 being hidden. There is nothing in them. To be sure of this, I selected all the rows from 1846 to 65536 and over to column IV and from the Edit menu, select Clear - Formats and then Clear - All, to no avail. What am I missin...

Putting a different character in a cell
Okay here is the problem: We are setting up an Excel worksheet to figure out productivity of employees. I am able to set up a cell to average another range of cells. Example would be that Cell J3 will average Cells C3 - I3 (=AVERAGE(C3:I3)). Now I have two questions... Is there a way to make Excel put a character in Cell J3 where the formula is instead of a blank cell OR even better I would like to create another worksheet that will take MULTIPLE cells linked to the first worksheet with the average formula in it to then do -another- average of the cells if there is information in the cells. A...

Books for Publisher 2k
Any suggestions for a self help book for publisher 2k? Thanks in advance. Terry After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Terry McCann <k8tjm@adelphia.net>... > Any suggestions for a self help book for publisher 2k? Try www.amazon.com or www.amazon.co.uk -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm This is a good book (I own it and love it!) http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/2317.asp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher ...

Publishing the web page
I did see few articles about this, however when i say publish to the web it is trying to save on my computer itself, so what is wrong how do I change this? Thanks ...

How to put graphics in Excel 2000 footers or bottom of page
I am attempting to place a company logo at the bottom of my excel pages, but you cannot do this through the footer method. Any ideas on how to do this? thanks Try going to Page Setup | Headers & Footers and select "Custom Footer". There should be a "insert Picture" button there. (It looks like a mountain with a sun rising). Click on that and you should be able to insert your picture there as a footer >-----Original Message----- >I am attempting to place a company logo at the bottom of >my excel pages, but you cannot do this through the footer &g...

font problem in 2002
I've developed a font problem in a newsletter publication. Several fonts are now showing up with missing characters. For example, one font is missing an ampersand sign. Other fonts are missing various characters. None of the letters are affected. I've check the character map and all the missing characters are available. I suspect the problem is in the specific publication, because I can open a new, blank publication, use the same font, and have no trouble at all. I hesitate to start this newsletter from scratch as I use the previous quarter's newsletter as a template. Any sugges...

Outl 2002 hyperlinks
Have a new installation of Outlook 2000 in Windows XP. Whenever we read mail in Outlook and try to execute/launch an imbeded hyperlink (light purple hotlink), a BLANK IE instance shows with nothing in it; in other words, we cannot execute to view ANY hyperlinks from Outlook messages. Everything else appears to work. We don't know where to start in this problem, suspect it's something in the configuration, but we're stumped as to what to try. Thanks! --Richard ...

Fixed Assets
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAB083.26EE8290 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi people, I am using SQL 2005, GP 10 SP 3 I am not able to post depreciation for Jan 2010 and get the above ERROR = message and when I click on more info. it give me following " You have = entered a date whose fiscal year on period setup is greater then the = current fiscal year for one of the books selected for this asset". Solution: do no select this book or enter an earlier...

Getting msg "Microsoft Office is Already in use"
I've had Office X installed on my iBook G4 for over 2 years now with no problems. A couple days ago I started getting the message "Microsoft Office X cannot start because Microsoft Office is already in use. Microsoft Office is being used by s p." ??!?? Then it closes the application. Why is this happening? Who or what is "s p?" This may be just a coincidence, but the problem first occurred after I installed a new Airport Express. Help! If I recall correctly, there were some issues with this in the early versions of Office X. Make sure that it is up-to-date ...

How to make ticket numbers in Publisher 2007?
I�m going to make som servicecards in A5. On the servicecards I must ticketnumbers. How do I make this automaticly?? Yhank you in advance. Yours Dan Andersen - www.dbamott.dk Create a database with your numbers and other information, use mail merge. What are the dimensions of your service cards? A5? When you mail merge you can only have one card on your screen for the merge to be successful. Help here Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews...

Anyone know of an add in for moving pages aboutin a Publisher docu
I found this add-in software some time ago and used it great success. Bit I've recently lost in a hard disk failure and am unable to trace it on the Net so as to replace it on a new machine. Acasta <Acasta@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I found this add-in software some time ago and used it great success. > Bit I've recently lost in a hard disk failure and am unable to trace > it on the Net so as to replace it on a new machine. http://www.publishermvps.com/Programming/AddIns/tabid/43/Default.aspx has the Move Page Add-in, along with a...

Logging who uses your computer
At work we all use laptops (5 of us) WINDOWS XP Home edition, none of which have passwords (yeah I know but it's my boss!). Anyway, I think someone is snooping around on my PC, I think just looking to see any contacts of mine, notes I've made etc, is there away of knowing if someone has switched my computer on - not necessarily written anything, but just had a look around? I assume there must be some log file somewhere that records when a computer has been switched on Look in the Event Log, you will see that certain events are logged every time the computer is started. Joh...

Publisher mail merge printing
After Merging Excel data into a Publisher Catalog, when printing I'm trying to send each catalog as a separate print data file (PostScript) to the printer. Publisher 2000 sends all of the catalogs as one large PostScript file. I need to break this print into separate distinct print data files - for in-line booklet creation on my printer. Can Publiser 2002 0r 2003 do this? Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Chris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > After Merging Excel data into a Publisher Catalog, when > printing I&...

open publication publisher 2002 in different versions of publishe
someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in different version of publisher say pub 2000 You should be able to open almost all versions of Publisher in Publisher 2002. Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and try again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gza" <gza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1A9535D-6C88-4AE7-A495-D704CC2D06DD@microsoft.com... > someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in > different versi...

Office 2003 EULA persists
After installing and activating (online) Office 2003 Basic, the EULA pops up when ever sending an Outlook email or opening any Office application. How can this nag be stopped ? Thanks Log on as Administrator, accept, then go back to the user account. "Steve Bruce, mct" <swb_mct@msn.com> wrote in message news:OlQkJKtjFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > After installing and activating (online) Office 2003 Basic, the EULA pops > up when ever sending an Outlook email or opening any Office application. > > How can this nag be stopped ? > > Thanks > T...

Direct Client Requirement - Software Engineer (.Net) - VA
Direct Client Requirement - Software Engineer (.Net) - VA - Chantilly (GC and Citizen may only apply) Job Title: Software Engineer (.Net) Job Location(s): VA - Chantilly Duration: 1-6 months Position Type: Full-time Hours: 8 am =96 5 pm Education Level: Bachelor's Degree GC and Citizen may only apply JOB DESCRIPTION: Roles and Responsibilities: =95 Monitoring and supporting team member activites =95 Coordinating product development with product technical manager =95 W...

Excel 2002 cannot copy data from website to excel
I have data in a website that looks like the following US 04872 - CASS CITY CASMI CTR 2 US 04881 - FLINT-SOUTH 4881 CTR 2 US 04885 - MOUNT PLEASANT MTPMI CTR 2 In previous versions of excel, when I copy this data it would put US in column 04872 in column - in column CASS CITY in column 4 and so on The problem is now when I copy this data and try to paste it into Excel 2002 I receive the following error "Microsoft Excel cannot paste data" What should I do? - Paste Special as text is not a good option cause it doesn't...

Cannot access on line help publisher 2003
When I look for help with a problem I am told that on line help is not available. I reinstalled, but no help. In word, no such problem. I have 2003 installed, the online help functions properly. At the bottom of the Search task pane there is a Search drop-down, is Microsoft Office Online enabled? Have you tried the "Detect and Repair?" Re-installing seldom cures problems. Are you sure you are connected? Have you emptied your temporary cache lately? In Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Delete. You will want to delete the temporary files. -- Mary Sauer ...

CRM Created mail is put to draft folder
I have a user where mail created using the CRM Email button in the SFO client for some reason drops a copy of the message into the drafts folder. Normal CRM function does not maintain a copy in ANY Outlook folder, so this copy left in DRAFTS is most perplexing. Has anyone have a solution for correcting this issue? User has send the mail. Mail is received. Mail is in the CRM system. Mail is in the draft folder? Thanks in advance Pieter Versteijnen Hi Peter, Outlook is set to automatically save unsent messages in the Draft folder every 3 minutes by default. Once a Microsoft CRM email is sav...

formulas when there may/may not be a value
What formula do you use when there may not be a value there? Like: ITEM QTY SOLD T0887 50 1 T0887 100 T0887 200 2 T0992 50 3 T0992 100 To get: # of sold items for each item? -- Nicki Taylor =SUMIF(A:A,"T0887",C:C) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "NTaylor" <NTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E22EEF1-44E5-4C5B-AFBD-B8053172702F@microsoft.com... > What formula do you use when there may not be a value there? Like: > > ITEM QTY SOLD > T0887 50...