margins for wraping text

I am wrapping text around a picture but the text is wrapping too close to the picture. I've tried to find the answer to this in the Help files but nothing seems to fit the problem. I need to know how to put a little more margin between the picture and the text.

Thank you,
Sylvia Morris
sylviamorris@nc.rr.com

Which version of Publisher are you using?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sylvia Morris" <SylviaMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am wrapping text around a picture but the text is wrapping too close to
>the picture. I've tried to find the answer to this in the Help files but
>nothing seems to fit the problem. I need to know how to put a little more
>margin between the picture and the text.
>
> Thank you,
> Sylvia Morris
> sylviamorris@nc.rr.com

---

jl_amerson (3088)
7/22/2004 12:43:27 AM
I'm using Publisher 2000.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Which version of Publisher are you using?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Sylvia Morris" <SylviaMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am wrapping text around a picture but the text is wrapping too close to
> >the picture. I've tried to find the answer to this in the Help files but
> >nothing seems to fit the problem. I need to know how to put a little more
> >margin between the picture and the text.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Sylvia Morris
> > sylviamorris@nc.rr.com
> >

> ---

In Publisher 2000 the best way would to crop the image, this will expand it so the
text is farther away.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Sylvia Morris" <SylviaMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am wrapping text around a picture but the text is wrapping too close to the
picture. I've tried to find the answer to this in the Help files but nothing seems to
fit the problem. I need to know how to put a little more margin between the picture
and the text.

> Thank you,
> Sylvia Morris
> sylviamorris@nc.rr.com

0
gsauer (5094)

Series including text possible?
Is there a better way to create a "series" that is based on characters as well as digits than what I'm doing below? I created 3 columns. I put the text in one, the digits in the second that I could apply the series to, with the 3rd column holding a ":". But when I paste into the text file, I have tabs separating the 3 columsn where I was hoping for no space. So this here - NAQAHDAH 01 : NAQAHDAH 02 : NAQAHDAH 03 : should paste like this - NAQAHD6H01: NAQAHDAH02: NAQAHDAH03: NAQAHDAH04: NAQAHDAH05: NAQAHDAH06: NAQAHDAH07: NAQAHDAH08: NAQAHDAH09 Is there perhaps a w...

How change receipt text?
When we use the "read reciept function" in Outlook 2003 every recipient gets the message in Swedish since our Office Suite is in Swedish. The international customers don't know what the message is all about and gets confused. How do I change the text which is automatically displayed? ...

how can i copy comments into a cell so that it appears as text
Is there an automated way to copy comments into cells? Or reformat the cells so that the comments become the cell contents? Hi no, this would require VBA. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord "billwest" wrote: > Is there an automated way to copy comments into cells? Or reformat the cells > so that the comments become the cell contents? > ...

Convert date format to text keeping xx/xx/xxxx format?
Help!!! Does someone out there know how to convert the date serial number in Date Format to text? Example: 12/31/2003 (Date Format) -> 12/31/2003 (Text Format) NOT This Way (which is how excel automaticly does it): 12/31/2003 (Date Format) -> 37986 (Text Format) Thanks a bunch gals and guys! Keith E. =TEXT(A1,"m/d/yyyy") or =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy") -- Mike Ref to "Keith" <keith_eck@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:000001c37740$33ac5490$a001280a@phx.gbl... ...

Searching for text?
I wish to search a block of text in a cell for any strings of text within double quotation marks and put this string in a new column. If there are more than one set of quotation marks then the subsequent strings should be put in the next row. Is this possible? e.g.. xxxxxx"abc"xxxx abc xxx"def"xxxxxxxxxxx def xxx"abc"xxxx"def"xxxx"ghijk"xxxxxx abc def ghijk Regards On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:15:22 GMT, newman <aa111@despa...

Vertical Alignment within a Line of Text
I have a line of text that has text and pictures. I would like to have the picture vertically centered with the text, rather than being aligned at the bottom. I am using Microsoft Word for Mac. I have tried Format>Document>Layout>Vertical Alignment>Top/Apply To: Selected Text. Doing so does not provide the correct results. Any suggestions? ...

Quick Parts/Inserting Text File
I have a two-page document I frequently need to insert into certain contracts. I notice that when I insert it as either a "text from file" or a "quick part," the formatting gets all screwed up -- the text is the wrong font, the spacing is too wide and the original two-page document sometimes turns into 4+ pages with all the weird spacing and font issues. Is there a way to keep the inserted document/text the way it is originally supposed to appear? I'm using Word 2007. Insert a Section Break (New Page) before where you are going to import your file, and...

Leading zeros with text #2
Hi, I need help on specifying the maximum length of characters contained in a cell. Additionally, once the length is specified, I need the data contained in the cell to fill the maximum allowable characters for the cell with leading zeros (if the data does not satisfy the maximum length). i.e. If I have a name such as 'gray' in a cell and the cell is only allowed to be 13 characters long, how do I get a return of 000000000gray ...

Text box bound to non-default combo box column
I have a text box that I would like bound to a drop down control. It is easy enough to set the Control Source to equal the drop down's default column value (i.e. "=[ComboBoxName]"), but the combo box has three columns, and I want it bound to a non-default column. I have tried "=[ComboBoxName](2)" and "=[ComboBoxName(2)] where (2) is the column that I want to bind to with no luck. Any info is greatly appreciated! jtertin wrote: > I have a text box that I would like bound to a drop down control. It > is easy enough to set the Control Source to equal the d...

Lock text box
How do you lock the position of a text box in Publisher 2002? You don't - but don't take it personally, neither does anyone else :) The closest technique I know of is to create a separate Master (if it's something that isn't to appear on multiple pages), put the element on the Master. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "Angela" <Angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10082530-F3FB-44FB-805C-B6B5C5D8F60D@microsoft.com... > How do you lock the position of a text box in Publisher 2002? What do you mean? Is your textbox moving o...

Calculating text boxes
I'm running a report on how to split up the fee for a band. Because all members of the band aren't equal (eg road crew work on a fixed fee) I have a code allocated to each member. Members Crew Agent In my query I have calculated a subtotal after the fixed fees are taken out and I now want to divide the remainder up amongst the Members equally. In my report I now have a field [FeeSubtotal] and a calculating text box called Text 27 with the control source =-Sum([Code]="Member") As an example, when I run the report the field show FeeSubtotal $5170 and the Text box showing ...

Can't Scroll Text in a Single-line CEdit
Hello all, I have a problem with single-line CEdit controls. I have one where I put text into it, using SetWindowText(). And then I select part of that text, using SetSel(). But I need the caret to end up at the beginning of the selection, not the end. The user needs to see the start of the selection. How do I put the caret at the beginning of the selection and scroll the text back so you can see the caret? I tried something like this (which doesn't work): int iSelStart = GetIndexOfSelectionStart( pMyCEdit ); int iSelEnd = GetIndexOfLastChar( pMyCEdit ); pMyCEdit->SendMessage(EM...

sorting by text
I have a list of domain names. from .com .net .org etc etc. they are scattered throughout the the list and i want to organize them. any help on this.? ryan --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might do Data > Text to columns on the list and seggregate the elements of the "names" into separate columns. Then it would be a simple matter to group them by .com, .net, etc.........with multi-key sorts. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "rneedham >" <<rneedham.105m1r@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rneedham.105m1r@excelforum-nos...

date or text
Hi Is there a way of working out if the information in a list is text or a date. In a long list I need to determine the above. It needs an IF statement so if it is a date perform a calculation otherwise do not. can anyone help. Any suggestions are appreciated kind regards Rexmann Hi Rexmann there is an ISTEXT function which returns true if the entry is text and false if its not so you could construct an IF statement along the lines of: =IF(ISTEXT(A1),"text","not text") Cheers JulieD "rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

text format problem after copying from a web page
What I ended up doing for the below was highlighting the "blank" characters and doing a find/replace to replace them with nothing. I still have some kind of format problem because my vlookup isn't working. Anybody know what might be going on and a way to fix it? >Does anyone know how to remove blank spaces at the end of a cell when you exported something >from a webpage into excel? i've tried formatting, custom number, find and replace and the only >thing that works is manually going into the cell and backspacing to the last number and then it >works. of course i...

How to change text size in multiple, unlinked, text boxes at the same time?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I'm working on a number of figures that need various labels. When I change the size of the figures, if I need to, I want to be able to select all the text boxes to change the text size. Right now I have to do it one box at a time. I don't want to link the text boxes, that turns everything into a mess. Thanks. What Style are you using to format the text in the text boxes? If you change the font size in the style definition, all text formatted with that style will change. So pick a style you can use just for te...

Reformat text with a script
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out - I'm trying to reformat the following data from a file called data.txt: OR1387L3 Jan 20 2015 6:59PM OR1363L3 Feb 4 2011 6:00PM to remove the L3, drop the time, and reformat the date like this- OR1387 01202015 OR1363 02042011 Any suggested are appreciated. Thanks! You can use the FileSystemObject and the ReadLine Method to read and append text files. More info can he found @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hww8txat(VS.85).aspx As for reformatting your text, once you have charged a variable with the ...

Convert Date-as-Text
Using Excel 2000 I have an Excel worksheet (.xls) that was produced by an accountant exporting data from a particular accounting package. There is a colum of dates of the m/d/yyyy format that don't sort as dates. They sort alphabetically, which is of no use. I'm looking for the VBA function that will convert text in the m/d/yyyy format to an Excel date number. Cells(n, m).formula = DateConverter(Cells(n, m).value) or some such And I will then write a loop macro to process each cell in the column/range to convert the cell contents to an Excel date of the usu...

converting "text" numbers to numbers
I have been using the technique of multiplying cells that have number entries that behave like text entries by the value of 1 to convert them to numbers. However, some mixed cell entries, convert strangely. For example the entry "6 A" (without the quotes) becomes 0.25 when multiplied by 1. Any explanation? Any ideas on how to solve other than checking cell by cell to confirm all characters are numbers? Confused! Frustated! <grin>. Bob Just figured out the "why". An entry like 6 A is converted to 6AM. Its numerical value is 0.25. Still hoping for a ...

Too much space between text boxes in e-mailed Publisher document
I am using Microsoft Publisher 2003 to make a newsletter to be e-mailed. I have put all of the information in text boxes as close as I can get them without having them touch. (I found out that when making them touch, it causes the entire document to become a jpg when e-mailed and then cannot be printed by the receiver.) When I put the text boxes as close as they can get when I am looking at it and then I send the document as an e-mail, the e-mail shows huge amounts of space between the text boxes instead of keeping them close together. How can I fix this? I have looked at all the &...

Find/delete text string
Somebody emailed a 1MB workbook with some basic charts and some big pivot tables/charts. I am supposed to remove all mention of the company name, "COMPANY", from the workbook. Normally I wouldn't be afraid - but how can I ensure I remove all references to "COMPANY" from the pivot tables too? thanks in advance, vinnie Vinnie, I don't know whether this does it, but Jan Karel Pietrese's FlexFind utility which you can get at which you can get at http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp/ is probably the most powerful tool for this type of thing. -- HTH Bob Phillips &quo...

deleting text after a certain word
Is there a way to remove all text after a word in a cell. Example: 1.75" radius per mit. 1.75" radius Thanks, -- clcnewtoaccess You can double-click on the cell,move the cursor to the end of the data you want to delete and press backspace until it is gone. Then press the enter key to complete the edit. -- LPS "clcnewtoaccess" wrote: > Is there a way to remove all text after a word in a cell. > Example: 1.75" radius per mit. > 1.75" radius > Thanks, > -- > clcnewtoaccess Something like thi...

MFC print margin and setting paper size
Hi all, I am a newbie to MFC printing. I have two questions and need answers asap. The first question is the printing margin. The MFC program books tell that the printer's (0,0) is at the leftmost point of the paper, and you must set margin at member m_rectDraw of CPrintInfo to set the margin. However, I wrote a simple program to draw text from (0,0). In the CView client area it does show from the leftmost, but in the print preview it appears a margin area at the left and top of the text. My current program requires accurate location of the text. for example, I want to print text at exact...

Text Box dynamic Color Fill
Hi, I have a textbox in excel that is linked to a cell. Depending if the cell value is positive or negative, I would like to change the textbox background color (fill). Any advice? Tks a lot! - Castor Hi Castor! You can use a macro, like the sample below to change the background color in the textbox. You have to update the name of the textbox in the macro, if it's not "Text Box 1", and the cell where you want to check for a positive/negative values. Sub ChangeTextboxFillColor() TheActiveCell = ActiveCell.Address If ActiveSheet.Range("A1") >= 0 Then Acti...

Annotate Chart with Text Boxes
I have some charts that are annotated with Text Boxes that line up with that Months data. If I add extra months to the Chart then I have to move all the Text boxes along a little to the left to remain matched up with the Data it corresponds to, can this be automatically done? Thanks Pete Hi, Textboxes by themselves will not track your monthly data. For that you would need to use data labels. To update the textboxes would require VBA code to calculate there position in relation to the chart and the data. Cheers Andy Pete wrote: > I have some charts that are annotated with Text Boxes ...