Make Microsoft Publisher for MACs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0
Ublueyes (3)

Nope.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

"Ublueyes" <Ublueyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bkvalheim (1291)
10/9/2004 7:00:13 PM
I can't make Microsoft Publisher for Macs, as I can't code for Macs and I
don't have the copyrights to Publisher.

Try Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac - Microsoft Publisher will, according to
those who have tried it, run under VPC, although it is not officially
supported.

How to contact the Microsoft Wish Program:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=114491

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message

> Ublueyes wrote:

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/9/2004 8:46:08 PM

Ublueyes wrote:

0
wordwiz (948)

wordwiz (948)
10/9/2004 10:38:24 PM
That's what they have Virtual PC for Mac version 7 for.

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
www.publishermvps.com
www.davidbartosik.com

"Ublueyes" wrote:

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/10/2004 12:53:00 AM
That may work.  I just wish they would create Publisher for Macs as they did
Office for Macs.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> I can't make Microsoft Publisher for Macs, as I can't code for Macs and I
> don't have the copyrights to Publisher.
>
> Try Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac - Microsoft Publisher will, according to
> those who have tried it, run under VPC, although it is not officially
> supported.
>
> How to contact the Microsoft Wish Program:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=114491
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Ublueyes (3)
10/10/2004 8:17:01 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Ublueyes <Ublueyes@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> That may work.  I just wish they would create Publisher for Macs as
> they did Office for Macs.

So do I - the rest of Mac:Office is so much nicer than Office for Windows.

Maybe we could then port Publisher:Mac to Windows!

But unless you're going to provide the funding to do it, I doubt it will
happen (although it might be the best way to get the big commercial printers
to finally accept Microsoft Publisher as a valid prepress application)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/10/2004 8:34:21 PM
That and the fact that Macs are known for graphics.  What better Microsoft
Office program than Publisher to be used on Macs.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> Ublueyes <Ublueyes@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> > That may work.  I just wish they would create Publisher for Macs as
> > they did Office for Macs.
>
> So do I - the rest of Mac:Office is so much nicer than Office for Windows.
>
> Maybe we could then port Publisher:Mac to Windows!
>
> But unless you're going to provide the funding to do it, I doubt it will
> happen (although it might be the best way to get the big commercial printers
> to finally accept Microsoft Publisher as a valid prepress application)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Ublueyes (3)
10/10/2004 11:47:03 PM
Ed,

To get sidetracked just a bit -
 > But unless you're going to provide the funding to do it, I doubt it will
 > happen (although it might be the best way to get the big commercial
printers
 > to finally accept Microsoft Publisher as a valid prepress application)

IMO, it's not the app, but the users. Skilled users can create files
commercial printers will love, but quite frankly, there are too many
idiots using it who think they can put something that looks nice on a
page and have it turned into a tabletop book. To wit: I had a client
stop in the office Friday, wanted to buy an ad and design it himself. He
asked what format I wanted it in and said he could supply it as Pub 2000
file. No problem. He wanted it to be three columns wide (basically 1/6
of a page). I told him the measurements, roughly 5.75 inches wide and
4.3 inches tall, but gave him a spec sheet with the EXACT measurements.
When I get the ad, it's 7.5 inches wide by 4 inches tall, with a 96 dpi
image embedded in it.

If this was the first or even the tenth file that was bad, I wouldn't
mind that much. But it seems every file I get is royally screwed up, not
the size it's supposed to be, uses some kind of Wizards I have to make
sure are installed so I can edit it, etc.

If MS wants commercial printers to embrace Pub, MS has got to find a way
to keep ID 10 T user errors from occurring.

Just my 2� worth
Mike

Ed Bennett wrote:
> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> Ublueyes <Ublueyes@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
>
>>That may work.  I just wish they would create Publisher for Macs as
>>they did Office for Macs.
>

> So do I - the rest of Mac:Office is so much nicer than Office for Windows.
>
> Maybe we could then port Publisher:Mac to Windows!
>
> But unless you're going to provide the funding to do it, I doubt it will
> happen (although it might be the best way to get the big commercial printers
> to finally accept Microsoft Publisher as a valid prepress application)

0
wordwiz (948)

Make Default

Microsoft Access macro from Windows service
I'm trying to launch a process from a Windows service that runs a MicrosoftAccess macro. I'm having some trouble and wondering if anyone knows whetherthis is technically possible (since a service does not have a UI).Thanks in advance.Joe You can pass the name of the macro you want to run as an argument if you open Access from a .bat file. For example"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSAccess.exe" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Samples\Northwind.mdb" /yourmacronameDo yourself a favor and don't use spaces or special characters in your macr...

is MS Publisher compatible with Word?
Our trainers in the field need a tool that operates like Word that will hold gifs and support graphics easily and reliably. They need to be able to easily customize complicated engineering presentations for customers on short notice. Of course, they want it to operate like Word (so there isn't much of a learning curve). Is Microsoft Publisher the answer? Can you use Word to edit Publisher files? If not, is the learning curve to get up to speed on Publisher long (if you are familiar with Word)? -- DH Publisher is a snap to learn, If you can do Word, believe me, Publisher is easy. ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Publishing Web Site
When I publish my frontpage 2003 website the time on the remote server is not correct. In fact the time is set to a day in the future. How can I fix this? "Dale Gibble" <dgibble@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:LbAoi.12368$rL1.11587@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net... > When I publish my frontpage 2003 website the time on the remote server is > not correct. In fact the time is set to a day in the future. How can I > fix this? Probably by finding a newsgroup that either discusses FrontPage or your web server host. This group is for Microsoft Office Outlook. ...

making tickets

Can not "publish" in Excel Report Builder
I get an error message "You do not have security privileges to publish this report" whenever I try to Publish a report to a network drive. I can do this with the sa login but no others. How to assign security rights to allow users to publish their reports? Thanx for your help. I have tried everything I know. Brad Did you try going to the Security Task Setup window (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Security Tasks) and setting security for other users? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Brad" wrote: > I get an error mes...

How do I get the other side of a brochure from microsoft template
I am new to publisher and I am wondering on a six sided brochure,how do I access the other three sides not shown on the template? With your brochure displayed, select Insert Page -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "jorge" <jorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36C92F57-0735-44C2-A032-599CFB3A56B6@microsoft.com... >I am new to publisher and I am wondering on a six sided brochure,how do I > access the other three sides not shown on the template? ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

microsoft flat scrollbar control version 6.0
Hi, I have dynamically created the microsoft flat scrollbar control on my modal dialog: o_ScrollBar.Create("",WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD,CRect(1004,62,1542,80),this, 1004,0,FALSE); o_ScrollBar.SetOrientation(0); // Set vertical It is created and visable but the event OnScroll() belonging to this control is never fired if i move the scrollbox around. I created a second MS flat scrollbar via resource workshop and added the classes and meber to my project. This second control does fire the OnScroll() event. Why does the dynamically created scrollbar not fire the OnScroll() event ???? N...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Mobile Supports Windows Mobile 5.0
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=5641 ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx Can u give waht are the models Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Mobile Supports? John O'Donnell wrote: > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=5641 > > ========================= > John O'Donnell > Microsoft CRM MVP > http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx ...

Publisher 2000 page control bar has disappeared
Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Re: Microsoft Publisher 2000: When I opened an 18-page document that I'd been working on for days, the page control bar was missing. I opened several other multiple-page documents and there was no page control bar on them either. I rebooted and tried again with the same results. I can get from page to page using the View menu, but that's tedious. How can I restore my page controls? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:19:28 +0000, j3hop wrote (in article <05A78478-7371-4593-9DA8-E9873DDF5C65@microsoft.com>): > Apologies if this is a duplicate ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases 03-02-04
Hi everyone, I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM 1.2 - all the prereqs are installed, the installation wizard runs smoothly but at the very end it fails due to the following (from the log file): [16:53:11] ===========>Database Creation Step [16:53:13] Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases. [16:53:15] ===========> Microsoft CRM Server setup completed: 3/1/2004 16:53:15 : 0x80004005 I've checked all the postings as well as the knowledge base and it seems that noone has ever had this exact error. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Sarah ...

importing old 2000 publisher docs onto computer with 7.0 version
The new version of publisher will not update automatically my older version documents. I have many business files on the older version. Please advise how to open these older versions. They should open with 2007. Might turn off Enhanced display in View, Pictures. Publisher 2000 did not use compression, the files tend to be large and at times takes a long time to open. Large Publisher 2000 publication opens slowly in later versions of Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B289010&Product=pub2002 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

MacOs Microsoft Office 2004 are not readable on PC in XP's Microsoft Office 2003
Hello, files created MacOs Microsoft Office 2004 are not readable on PC in XP's Microsoft Office 2003. Does somebody know how to fix it would be thankfull for help? In article <1192546836.387326.256680@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, futsutsuka@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, files created MacOs Microsoft Office 2004 are not readable on > PC in XP's Microsoft Office 2003. > Does somebody know how to fix it would be thankfull for help? The file formats are identical, so there should be no problem opening Office 2004 files using Office 2003. How are you transferring the ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, f...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...