Mail Merge with "Booklet"

I prepare an Annual Member Directory for my club.

I personalise the front cover my adding each name by mail merge.

I have Page Setup as "Booklet" and I print two per page.

If I attempt to have four pages in my booklet I get an error message
that "Publsher cannot merge with this number of pages  ..  ..  must
delete pages.

I can cope with using one file and one pass to prepare front and back
covers.

With just two pages sheet one gives me the first two records with the
front cover on the right hand side.

Sheet two gives me records 3 and 4 with the front cover on the left
hand side.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

Robin Chapple
0
robinsky (18)

Assuming you have Publisher 2000 my suggestion would be to create a one page
landscaped publication. In the page setup dialogue, click special size change to 11 x
4.25. Put the name on the right and the rest of the information on the left. In the
print dialogue change the page options to 2 if it isn't already set automatically.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Robin Chapple" <robinsky@westnet.com.au> wrote in message
> I prepare an Annual Member Directory for my club.
>
> I personalise the front cover my adding each name by mail merge.
>
> I have Page Setup as "Booklet" and I print two per page.
>
> If I attempt to have four pages in my booklet I get an error message
> that "Publsher cannot merge with this number of pages  ..  ..  must
> delete pages.
>
> I can cope with using one file and one pass to prepare front and back
> covers.
>
> With just two pages sheet one gives me the first two records with the
> front cover on the right hand side.
>
> Sheet two gives me records 3 and 4 with the front cover on the left
> hand side.
>
> What have I done wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robin Chapple

0
gsauer (5094)

How do I change a Publisher A3 4xA4page booklet to readable 4xpage
Requested to split normal post circulation to percentage PDF but PDF shows 2 pages with page 1 showing reduced size pages 4+1 and page 2 pages 2+3. Is there an easy conversion so that PDF shows as 4xA4 pages? OR do I have to set up another publication from scratch setting page layout text boxes etc and drag in text and pictures? Also PDF pictures and graphics very dark almost black no matter how light or what colour. Diagram text is fuzzy yet clear on printed version. Help and advice please. Tks Isabel Change the page setup to A4. This will give you 4 A4 pages. Are you using Acrobat? Wh...

How to do booklet in reverse order?
I use Publisher98. I am working on a booklet for my son's Bar Mitzvah which will, naturally, read from right to left so that the back cover is actually the front, etc. Is there anything special I need to do to be able to do this? I can estimate the number of pages I will need, but what happens if I have to add or delete pages later? On a slightly different note, are there any Hebrew fonts out there that I can use for the Hebrew portion of the text? Thanks. -- Vanessa vrstern@earthlink.net ...

print 8 page 8 1/2 x 11 booklet 1/2 size?
I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 & set it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough. I have played with this for hours to no avail. I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet and 2 & 7 on the other etc. Help! Have you tried setting up two publications; your original and a new publication? Copy/paste each page and adjust. Using the AutoFit Options in the Format menu would help. -- Mary Sauer h...

When preparing a booklet how do I see 4 pages at the bottom?
View, Toolbars, Status Bar. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Marie Therese" <Marie Therese @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC2C734E-CAC7-4334-A5DD-5CFBFF5EA46E@microsoft.com... > "Marie Therese" wrote: >When preparing a booklet how do I see 4 pages at the bottom? =========================================== Please include your question in the body of the message. If you are using MS Publisher 2003 or earlier... try going to...View / Status Bar. If you are using Publisher 2007...read the following: How to restore the missing Status Bar (page...

Making a Booklet .....
I havent worked in Publisher in a few months. I am putting together a booklet of 4 pages, all 11 x 17 paper. I am wanting to print, center fold and staple my booklet. However, I tried adjusting the paper to 11x17, tabloid, fold then staple. What I am trying to do is to print the publication, however, each page is printing twice. Page 1 is side by side, page 2 is side by side, etc. I just need one 8x11 page on one side and a different page on the right. I've asked this question a while back, but cannot figure out what I need to adjust. Is it the settings on the color printer? Karen...

Booklet #3
I am proiducing a 82 page booklet, which was done in Word last year. A) When printing the page numbers don't show. B) How can I delete a one off pages, when the screen always shows 2 pages together. Cheers -- Thanks Squashed Tom A. Did you insert page numbers within Publisher? Do you have ignore background checked in view? B. View, uncheck two page spread. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Squashed Tom" <SquashedTom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:538E7EDF-7613-40D7-8CB1-79...

Can anyone get the front and rear pages of a booklet to display?
I can merrily paste a pic onto facing INTERNAL pages of a booklet. But I can't display "facing pages" for the covers (I can print preview)... I can't get a picture to go onto the front and rear covers, the picture gets cropped to the spine. I want one picture that wraps around the covers of the booklet (4" x 8 1/2") to fit into a #10 envelope. This is kind of tricky. The best way to achieve this would be doing the procedure on an inside facing page so you can readily see what you are doing. Insert the picture, copy/paste the picture, stack the two images b...

6 1/8-by 9 1/4-inch booklet
I 'd like to learn how to shrink the pages down to a "Booklet Format" required for a paid petition for Certiorari in the United States Supreme Court Rule 33.1.(a), to 6 1/8- by 9 1/4-inch booklet. I have asked the Middlesex County College Computer Science Department, www.middlesexcc.edu, but they suggested I search "Booklet Format" in Word, but I have not been successful in finding it. There are a few companies whom specialize in preparing these petitions for certiorari by shrinking the pages down to same aforementioned "booklet format"; But I&#...

A4 folded booklet
2007 Publisher 1. Attempting to make a booklet. A4 folded in half. Landscaped but when folded is Portrait. 2. I have a front cover with picture and Text. My Logo on the back of the cover. 3. Also need to include 14 pages inserts (7 x A4 folded pages). 4. Pages don't necessarily need to be numbered. 5 I have used Birthday Card A4 folded twice to prepare all of the text for the 8 pages (16 pages when folded) Saved every page separately in readiness:-) saved them 1 to 16. 6. I did it this way as I make loads of cards and am familiar with the format.(Middle of...

How do you make a tri-fold booklet in Publisher?
Are you certain you mean a booklet? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF812319-3B2E-476F-BDF1-72251B1D9F2A@microsoft.com... > If you mean a three 'page', two folds leaflet, made from one A4 sheet, it's simple: In the File menu, select New and then Brochure. Pick one from the selection. Then to save it before you edit anything: File, Save As, give it a name. Excuse me if this isn't what you're looking for. Ch...

booklet problem
Hi, I have a 16 page document that I want to print as booklet on a Laserjet 4100 with duplex unit installed. The duplexing works fine, however the back side gets printed at an 180� angle. Consider the first paper: It should (and does) contain pages 1, 2, 15 and 16. After folding the document to be the first and last pages of the booklet, the order is : page 1 (fine) page 15 printed upside down page 2 printed upside down page 16 (fine) So the whole backside of the document should be rotated 180�.... Thanx for any help, Ward What version Publisher? What model printer? Does your p...

How do page numbers get printed in a booklet?
When I print out my 4"x5.5" booklet, the top pages print the page numbers, but the bottom ones do not have page numbers. I have my layout set to all zero margins in Word Pad and under Arrange Page Layout in Microsoft Publisher 2003. Help! Can your printer print to the edge? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Betty" <Betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52CB13F8-CEB6-4ED1-98AE-C51FCBC98863@microsoft.com... > When I print out my 4"x5.5" booklet, the top pages p...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Inporting text from Word into multiple page booklet
I have a Word document that is 32 pages long and contains only text. I would like to bring all of the text into a Publisher booklet and have the text automatically placed so that the booklet is ordered correctly. The only way I know to do it is to cut-and-paste which takes forever. Autoflow only flows the text in order from page to page, not in booklet print order. Any help is really appreciated! Thanks! JT Setup your publication in Publisher as a booklet, create a text box where you want the text to begin, for instance, page 3, in Word, edit, select all, copy, paste the text into...

how to create eight-fold booklet?
How do I create an eight-fold booklet, one of the ones you make with little kids, with eight pages on a single-sided sheet of paper that you later fold. Dimensions ~2.75" x 4.25" per small page, on an 8.5" x 11" paper? Tried doing it with "multiple pages per sheet", but it just gave me business cards. Using Publisher 2007. Take a look at PocketMod. I have an example on my web site that includes Publisher instructions. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm There is the official site with a YouTube video. http://www.pocketmod.com/ -- Mary Sauer h...

Practicing to make a booklet
Publisher 2002 SP3..... Mail Merge from .wdb. There are 281 names, addresses, etc. etc. for a class reunion book. I have 4 names on a page, usually. So I set it up with a table insert (shoot, is that what it's called? the icon on the upper left <g>) Actually I did it with 4 of them on a page. Then I added the necessary info...Last names, Names Initials, Address, City St Zip, Phone, etc. Problem....when I want to edit each item, I cannot do it. What am I missing here? Glad I have until July to figure this out with all of your help. I do have to say that when I went to...

can i make a booklet from a powerpoint presentation
I have make a presentation and would like to print it as a booklet. any help?? Some printers have this logic of rearranging pages for making a booklet. On the software side, Microsoft Publisher has this logic and can rearrange the pages for you. You would need to use Send to Publisher product from http://officeone.mvps.org/ to send your presentation from PowerPoint to Publisher, from where you can eventually print your presentation into a booklet. - Chirag PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html ...

A4 13.97 x 21.59 Booklet printing Publisher 2007
I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! Affy wrote: > I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but > when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried > altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! A4 isn't 13.97x21.59 (or 2x that); that sounds like letter-sized paper. A4 is 297x210mm; a half-A4 booklet would be 14.9...

Create address booklet of mailing address
How do I merge information form either access or excel into an address block which can then be printed into a Publisher booklet. I need to make a membership roster which lists, name, address, phone and other information. I already have the information in Access. Is there no way to get it into my booklet without retyping? Use catalog merge. It makes very good directories. 2007 help http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP101921831033.aspx 2003 help http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Modela" <Model...

Publishing booklet out of sequence
I am using the booklet template in Publisher. When it prints, it does it in a mixed order so that when it gets on paper, it can be easily foled and turned into a booklet. BUT, I want to be able to publish it in a non booklet form so i can use it as a pdf. I want it to be individual pages IN ORDER on the computer 1,2,3,4 etc not 1,4,2,3. How can I make it NOT publish as a booklet for the e-mail version. Also, it only puts myu page numbers on one page. Every other page is NOT numbered. It won't matter when it is assembled but when it is made to a pdf and the pages scrambled to "...

Top fold booklet
I am trying to make a top fold booklet to be printed with a duplex printer. I have made side fold booklets without a problem, but when I try to make a top fold booklet the pages do not print in the right order. I have tried the "tent fold" template and the "booklet" template. Does anywone have any ideas? Use the booklet setup. Create the book, open the measurement menu, rotate each page minus 90 degrees. (-90�) or 270�. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "D" <D@discussions.micros...

Power Point booklet print
Hello, My name is Greg. I am a medical student. Every day I get tons of study materials in either .docx or .pptx format. Most often me and my colleagues print them for later use. Given our lifestyles (running like crazy), the best way to carry those around is in a booklet format. We do that with the Word documents through the page setup. Unfortunately, it is does not appear possible with Power Point unless there is a specific option on a printer, which is not our case. Converting to the Word does not seem to help either: it takes forever to process and it does not allow to...

How do you change the orientation of a booklet?
I need to change the orientation of a booklet (8 pages)----open upward instead of left. I need the pages to remain in order. Help This would be a printer setting. What version Publisher? If you have 2007, File, Print setup, Printer Details tab, Advanced Printer setup button, Printer Setup Wizard tab. There are various options on this screen. If you have a duplex unit look at the printer options, there should be a booklet setting. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kae" <Kae@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Publisher Problem: Printing a mail merge booklet on Kyocera Printe
We have run into an issue when printing a malmerge document from MS Publisher 2007 to a Kyocera printer. This is an 8 page newsletter which is supposed to be assembled as a booklet (folded and stapled) on a Kyocera KM-3232. The mailmerge address with a barcode is inserting correctly into publisher, with the data source an excel spreadsheet. But on the Kyocera the booklet is drawing the maximum pages (40) before folding and stapling. Kyocera says the problem is in Publisher. I can't find any information in publsiher to figure out how to fix it. The document prints correctly as one ...

How to create 5.5x4.25 8 page booklet?
I consider what I am trying to do extremely simple. 4n page booklet (4, 8, 12, etc) size either 5.5x4.25 or 4.25x5.5 printed on letter sized paper double sided (of course) For an eight page spread on a single letter sized sheet I want to see: p8 - p1 and on the reverse p2 - p7 for the top of the page and p6 - p3 and on the reverse p4 - p5 for the bottom How do I make that happen??? I would also appreciate if anybody could explain to me what am I missing here? How is it possible to have hundreds of templates but not this most obvious one? Any help will be appreciated. What version Pub...