Mail Merge Publisher 20002 with Outlook 2000 Fails

I have Publisher 2002 and can not get Publisher to
recognize Outlook 2000 files.I am getting the error
message of
Unable to obtain list of tables from data source.

The trouble shooting help says that data source may be
busy. However when using Word 97, mail merge works fine.
In Word I can see that the file type for the Outlook file
is *.olk. However Pulisher does not appear to recognize
this file type, scanned Open Data source file types.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks,
 Rick

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

publisher vs quark
Do you know if Microsoft Publisher would be able to open existing QuarkXPress files? ...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

Outlook 2003

outlook 2000 help file

Why do I get four postcards to the same person when I mail merge?
I merged my Excel document with my Publisher document just now and did a print preview, but the 4-up view shows that all 4 are heading to the same person. How do I tell Publisher that each "up" is a different address? If you are using 2003, this is a bug. If you are unsure there is a test print on the print dialogue screen. Use plain paper for the test. If you are using 2007, be certain you select multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Batmantis275" <Batmantis275@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324C9E10-38C9-4DA0-89C...

Merge Cells #5
I know how to merge two cells using formula =A1&B1, but can someone tell me how to insert spacing between the two within the new cell. I'm merging a part number and description, and need spacing between them. Use =A1&" "&B1 the " " is showing that you want to insert text, and that the text is a space character. It could be "-" or ".", etc. "R. Stevens" <R. Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B02E936E-5947-4F1B-A8E5-F5A30343E549@microsoft.com... > I know how to merge two cells using formula =...

Process STORE.EXE (PID=4044). Topology Discovery failed,
Happened twice today, this is the second time. No idea why. A reboot will fix it.. 1( Process STORE.EXE (PID=4044). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. 2) Process MAD.EXE (PID=3568). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: INSIGHT-PDC.insight.com.sg insight-bdc.insight.com.sg For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. 3) NSPI Proxy can contact Global Catalog INSIGHT- PDC.insight.com.sg but it does not support the NSPI service. After a Domain Contr...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

How do I read Pub XP version on Pub 2000 version?
I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publisher for Windows XP and would like to open it on my husbands computer shere he works to access his colored laser printer. He has Windows 98 and MS Publisher 2000. Tried but box ays "publisher cannot open in different version". You need to do a "Save As" and save it as a Pub 2000 file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "skibbydo" <skibbydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D35BC07-C38B-404D-A7B8-69E1D7BB3721@microsoft.com... >I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publi...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

"the operation failed"
I installed the trial cd for MS Office Professional w/ Business Contact Mgr for Outlook. I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled my MS Office XP with Outlook 2002. Now, when I push "send/receive" I get the error "The Operation Failed." I've tried deleted all my mail profiles and rebooted, no improvment. Now, what can I do? Thanks for your help! Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...