Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003

I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight.
1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook
contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word.
2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option
to actually send it as an e-mail.
3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to
send these as e-mails.
4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I
want an e-mail,  I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure.
5) I have read several posts and they make sense but when I try it again I'm
missing something.
Any links or answers would  be greatly appreciated.
Jugglertwo
0
Jugglertwo (10)

Jugglertwo <Jugglertwo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> 5) I have read several posts and they make sense
> but when I try it again I'm missing something.

What you're missing is that you cannot merge to e-mail in any released
version of Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/30/2006 4:58:25 PM
Ed:
That pretty much answers that question-Thanks you!
Do you know if Office 12 Publisher will support merging to e-mails?
Just curious.
Thanks again!
Jugglertwo

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Jugglertwo <Jugglertwo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > 5) I have read several posts and they make sense
> > but when I try it again I'm missing something.
>
> What you're missing is that you cannot merge to e-mail in any released
> version of Publisher.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Jugglertwo (10)
1/30/2006 5:17:32 PM
Jugglertwo <Jugglertwo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> That pretty much answers that question-Thanks you!
> Do you know if Office 12 Publisher will support merging to e-mails?

See http://spaces.msn.com/publog/Blog/cns!508583EF5D86B731!155/ for public
information on Publisher "12".  It answers your question on the post from
December 6th, along with a pile of other cool stuff.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

Updating a calendar from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003
In a calendar I created using Publisher 2000 I have specific dates and ocassions that I inserted as text under certain dates. I'm trying to upgrade the calendar from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003. When I select the option to update the older calendar to a 2006 calendar, I loose all the formating and dates that I had created in the older calendar. How can I transfer these dates from this older calendar (Publisher 2000) to a newer calendar in Publisher 2003? ...

Maintaining Dynamics GP
Does anyone have any comments or opinions on "Maintaining Dynamics GP" by Accolade Publications. We have been running GP9.0 since Oct 06 and have had a non GP accounting firm handle our close process. We have received about 80 hrs of training from our VAR in an attempt to bring this process in house. This book sounds like a good second opinion as well as possible great documentation. If you have purchased this book please share your experiences. Thanks -- Christian S South Carolina Well, it's been helpful to us - especially the sections on Year End processing and Data...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

exchange 2003 #9
how can i create aan address list on the groupmembership of user on exchange 2003 ? The "group membership " filter dosn't exist ! Use the memberOf attribute, and you must use the groups DN not its display name, so if the group is called Sales in an OU called Test in a domain called Acme.com the DN for the group would be: cn=sales,ou=sales,dc=acme,dc=com -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "moshe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017101c3deb0$cc46fac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > how can i...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

Outlook 2003 blocks attachments
I installed Outlook 2003 on my wifes laptop, it was an upgrade from Outlook 2000. Whenever she tries sending a url she gets a message saying Outlook blocked the attachment. I have gone into the automatic picture download settings and unchecked the don't download pictures or other content automatically in html email. Its like html isn't being used or my settings are ignored. Does anyone have any ideas? I downloaded the latest update. Thanks On occasion I get the same errors. Mainly when someone sends the URL as an attachment. If they send the URL in the body of the email, th...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

Locating Visio 2003 Addons
I'm new to Visio 2003. I want to make use of the solution suggested for "Automatically Setting Shape Color By Data Values In Visio Diagrams" seen in Visio Help. The solution makes reference to an addon 'Building Plan' to give access to the 'Color By Values' functionality. When I look at Tools>Add-Ons I only see "Organization Chart" and "Visio Extras" ... no sign of "Building Plans" Do I have to download the add-on from somehwhere? Should I be able to find it on my Visio software disk? Thanks DrBob Don't know what ve...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Unable to save a form or report in Access 2003.
Recently, I have been unable to save new forms and reports or make changes in Access 2003. I was able to in the past. I can save changes to the tables and queries. I have permission checked. Does anyone have any ideas? It sounds as if you are working with an mde file instead of an mdb file. Does this happen with only one database or any Access database you are using? Does this happen if you create a new database? John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Jo wrote: > Recently, I have been unable to save ...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...

cannot receive mail, delete mail, or send mail. get an error message.
Now I know why I switch between Outlook Express and Outlook: Both cease to function at one point in time. In Outlook 2000, I cannot receive mail; I cannot delete mail; I cannot use the calendar function. Here are the messages: When I click receive mail, I get: C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed.access denied. and: (Account:'incoming.verizon.net',PPO3server:'incoming.verizo n.net',error number:0x800040116). I cannot delete. I get the following message:C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook ..pst could not be accessed...