Mail Merge Loses Text

I have a PUB document that has 2 pages (1 page 2 sided printing). My text box
flows (using text flow) from page 1 into page 2. No Problem. But when I mail
merge, the entire text is lost in the merge...it just disappears. The other
text boxes which do not flow to the second page are just fine.

What Gives? Can you not write a multiple page article for a mail merge ?

Thank in advance.

What version Publisher are you using? 2003?

Are you creating a new publication in step 5 of the wizard?
Break the link on the first text box. After the new publication is created
re-link.

The mail merge should work if you are not creating a new publication. This is
why it is important to know the version.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Craig Farrel" <CraigFarrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a PUB document that has 2 pages (1 page 2 sided printing). My text box
> flows (using text flow) from page 1 into page 2. No Problem. But when I mail
> merge, the entire text is lost in the merge...it just disappears. The other
> text boxes which do not flow to the second page are just fine.
>
> What Gives? Can you not write a multiple page article for a mail merge ?
>
> Thank in advance.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/20/2006 6:04:22 PM
Yes 2003.  Yes I am creating a new publication in the mail merge. So you are
saying that if I mail merge directly to the printer, this situation does not
occur?
Thanks,
Craig

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher are you using? 2003?
>
> Are you creating a new publication in step 5 of the wizard?
> Break the link on the first text box. After the new publication is created
> re-link.
>
> The mail merge should work if you are not creating a new publication. This is
> why it is important to know the version.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "Craig Farrel" <CraigFarrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a PUB document that has 2 pages (1 page 2 sided printing). My text box
> > flows (using text flow) from page 1 into page 2. No Problem. But when I mail
> > merge, the entire text is lost in the merge...it just disappears. The other
> > text boxes which do not flow to the second page are just fine.
> >
> > What Gives? Can you not write a multiple page article for a mail merge ?
> >
> > Thank in advance.

It shouldn't. All the newsletters I've ever merged certainly didn't unlink. You
can print one to set your mind at ease.
If you have a lot of names to merge you might want to look at this article.
The Registry Fix
for changing the Mail Merge Batch Size
Courtesy of KATMA
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Yes 2003.  Yes I am creating a new publication in the mail merge. So you are
> saying that if I mail merge directly to the printer, this situation does not
> occur?
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What version Publisher are you using? 2003?
>>
>> Are you creating a new publication in step 5 of the wizard?
>> Break the link on the first text box. After the new publication is created
>> re-link.
>>
>> The mail merge should work if you are not creating a new publication. This is
>> why it is important to know the version.
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "Craig Farrel" <CraigFarrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a PUB document that has 2 pages (1 page 2 sided printing). My text
>> >box
>> > flows (using text flow) from page 1 into page 2. No Problem. But when I
>> > mail
>> > merge, the entire text is lost in the merge...it just disappears. The other
>> > text boxes which do not flow to the second page are just fine.
>> >
>> > What Gives? Can you not write a multiple page article for a mail merge ?
>> >
>> > Thank in advance.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Different mail display
Hello, Is it possible to have one email display internally in oultook/exchange and a different email display when mail is sent ouside the company? Thanks With an html email, yes. But what do you want to do really ? "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 18547ED5-36F5-4771-B6B4-52A42F9B724B@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have one email display internally in oultook/exchange > and > a different email display when mail is sent ouside the company? > > Thanks ...

How do you add text to custom columns created thru the Field Chooser pls?
Hello, If I create a custom text column via Field Chooser - New, how can I enter text into it afterwards? I'm looking to add an "annotation" column and not have it sent if/when I forward or reply to the message. Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. If you directly want to fill it out in the message list you'll have to enable "allow in-cell editing" for your view. The technique would be similar to; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/150 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://ww...

Closing/Opening Outlook 2007 PST File Loses Indexing
Using XP SP3 / WS 4.0 / O2007. I have several PSTs open in Outlook 2007 that are fully indexed by Windows Search 4.0. If I close them, and then later in another session reopen them, all indexing seemed to be lost and I can no longer search them until the index is built. Is this expected behavior? Is there any fix or workaround? Are they being closed cleanly or is Outlook repairing them on open? I've found that PST repairs typically caused reindexing "ajkessel" <ajkessel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0d19da75-1277-4c42-99af-0314f3532bbb@b31g2000prb.googlegroups.com.....

Test--Ignore this mail

the solution if you're having problems printing a mail merged document.
http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001126_Printing_Portions_of_Mail_Merged_Documents.html " 1. Choose the Replace option from the Edit menu, or press Ctrl+H. Word displays the Replace tab of the Find and Replace dialog box. (Click here to see a related figure.) 2. In the Find What box, enter ^b. This is the code for a section break. 3. Click on the No Formatting button, if it is available. This removes any formatting specifications in what you are searching for. (You may need to click on the More button to see the No Formatting button.) 4. In the Replace With box, en...

fixed length within the counta and some text
hello! I would like to generate some incremental number if the cell on the right is not empty e.g. Order0001 Order0002 ..... Order0015 How I can do this with this formula ? How i can convert the output of counta to have 4 digits? =IF(D13<>"","Order"&COUNTA($D$4:D13)&"","") thanks, uma =IF(D13<>"","Order"&TEXT(COUNTA($D$4:D13),"0000"),"") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Uma Shanker" <asdf834@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0n7e7$qdk$01$1@news.t-...

Zip code loses leading zero Mail Merge from Excel to Word Labels
Even though formatted as zip codes, I cannot get the leading zero to show in my zip codes when using Word mail merge to create address labels. Example: 04103 shows up on the label as 4103 Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/CustomizingWord2002.htm abou...

e-mail direct deposit earning statement to individual employees
We would like to be able to e-mail employees their direct deposit earning statements instead of printing them out. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=777564...

auto mail forwarding #2
one of our email accounts is automatically being forwarded to my account, and we don't know why....... >one of our email accounts is automatically being forwarded to my >account, and we don't know why....... That makes two of us... What version of Outlook? What kind of mail server? When did this start? Did you check to see if there are any rules running that forward? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm SchorrTech Blog: http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/bschorr/MyBlog.aspx We had a similar problem... W...

Global Address List per Mail Domain
Hi! I host multiple domains on my Exchange 2003 server. I created new Global Address Lists in ESM for each mail domain: for example GAL for abc.com, and GAL for xyz.com. I want that the users who belong to domain abc.com should see ONLY and ONLY their own GAL, NOT the GAL for xyz.com. And users who belong to domain xyz.com should see only and only their own GAL. How can I realize it? Where should I restrict the permissions? Which permissions for whom? Best Regards Mustafa Have a look at this KB article How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.micr...

Associate two mail account inside a domain
Hi All, Our boss got couple of mail account under the same domain for different differrent purposes. Now the problem is in case if some body sends a mail copied to both addresses mentioned above, he doesn't want to it to delivered to both mailboxes. How to solve this issue ??? I'm running Exchange 2000 FPP with SP3 Thanks in advance Ivar "P.Ravialahan" <ravialahan_p@yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:1dd1b8a5.0401190424.63bac7d7@posting.google.com... > Hi All, > Our boss got couple of mail account under the same domain for > different differrent purpo...

Formatting changes when copying or inserting text from other word
Hi All, I have 2 documents... I need to combine the top portion of the first and bottom portion of the second... they both have their own formattings. When I combine them (Copy/paste or insert pages) the formating of the one I copy or insert changes. I want the formatting of each of the decuments remain as they were. As if I am combining 2 pdf documents. How can I do this? I am using MS Word 2000. Thank you Be sure that the two documents don't have any Style names in common (unless styles with the same name are absolutely identical in both documents). And put a S...

Various Outlook 2003 issues
Hello, I've been using OL2003 w/ WinXP since it was released. I used various other versions of OL for many years before that. In all that time, I have never experienced the issues that have come up lately. I'm hoping someone can help me resolve them. 1. In the midst of composing a new message or replying to a message, the message format will change from HTML to plain text all by itself. This started happening with replies to one person specifically but has happened with increasing frequency and probably occurs with more than 50% of all ougtoing messages now. When I switch the message...

Merging line of credit accounts
Is it possible to merge two separately named line of credit (LOC) accounts. They are actually the same account. I have merged two bills accounts by renaming one of them to match the other; but when I try this approach on the LOC accounts, Money 2004 tells me the second name is already in use, try a different name. I'm not sure, but you may try (AFTER backing up!) exporting the non-surviving account to QIF, then importing it and telling Money to import to the surviving account. After doing so and confirming that the transactions are all now in the intended account, delete the non...

Publisher: Why won't my text wrap around a photo I have copied?
In Publisher 2000, it was dead straight forward... you pasted your image inside a text box and the text went around it. In 2003, the text either dissapears behind the image or gets transposed over the image. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >In Publisher 2000, it was dead straight forward... you pasted your image >inside a text box and the text went around it. In 2003, the text either >dissapears behind the image or gets transposed over the image. > >Any ideas? > > >. > Layers!! Select either the image or text box, then choose Order from the Arr...

Flag drops from Email Mail Merge
I am trying to flag an email with a due date/time. Then I perform a mail merge to email and the flag drops, any suggestions? ...

unable to open your default e-mail folders error
This message has been crossposted on the following boards microsoft.public.exchange.admin, microsoft.public.exchange.clients, microsoft.public.exchange.misc Hi! Exchange 2003 Windows XP SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2 User has been disabled for over a year. I enabled his user and I see the mailbox is 300mb in the Exchange Store. When I try accessing his mailbox with Outlook I get the following message in various flavors. Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. I tried as an additional mailbox to one of the Administrator...

how do I set up separate mail boxes for different email addresses
I want to receive e-mail from different addresses separately how do I set this up? "revziggy" <revziggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3295B72C-617A-4944-A360-0406F5D6528A@microsoft.com... >I want to receive e-mail from different addresses separately how do I set > this up? Two ways: either set up separate folders in your current profile and set up rules to move mail from the different accounts into them, or set up separate Outlook Profiles for each account. Or, get Office 2007 when you will have the option to set up different Inboxes for differe...

How to send a mail with a embedded attachment?
I use outlook 2003. I want to attach files as a embedded icon, so that someone who receive the mail can open the attachments by double clicking the icons. How should I do? If you mean inline icons you need to use Rich Text Format messages but those are only readable by other Outlook users. "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB436458-A877-442A-ADEB-7090ED8F6150@microsoft.com... >I use outlook 2003. I want to attach files as a embedded icon, so > that someone who receive the mail can open the attachments by double > clicking > the ...

cannot send outgoing mail
Suddenly I can no longer SEND outgoing emails in my Outlook Express 6. I can compose but when I click send I get an error msg that connection to the server was interupted #0x800ccc0f and the message gets put in my outbox and goes nowhere. The Microsoft Outlook error page stated that the problem could be caused by using a Linksys router, that there may be a misconfigured router in the path. I tried system restore to an earlier day in the week when everything worked fine. This did nothing for me. I also changed the MTU setting for the router and still it does not work. Interestingly en...

split text in cell into 2
I am needing help with formula. I have a cell that takes values from several other cells to create one long line text (for a command used in other app). For ex: a1=jack b1=ran c1="There was a person named"&a1&"who was hungry and"&b1&" to Mcdonalds." This process works great except when the line is greater than 72. I need an if statment that says if c1 length is greater than 72 then to split / replace line AFTER name(a1). Where the split occurs a +, and carriage return needs to be added. So in the example above (pretend length will be over 72,...

e-mail from dell setup syetem for their communities/forums
Just like these msn discussion groups, dell has also set up their forums for information interchange. I have opened an account and registered 95%--the remaining 5% for completion is for me to click on a link in an e-mail that the dell system sends to me. The dell system has sent such an e-mail to my inbox about four times, but nothing comes into my inbox. Otherwise my outlook is working normal and fine receiving and sending messages. Have contacted dell also but surprisingly they try to resolve but have not been able to do so. Have you faced any such problem and how did you re...

Direct all e-mail for a domain
I have an unusual situation. We service several 'web sites' some of these domains have been directed to our e-mail server (w2k3 SBS). Example: myweb.com has been directed to the exchange server xyz.mycompany.com. I have setup a recipient policy for myweb.com. How do I direct all e-mail to myweb.com to one single mailbox? For example Joe has a primary SMTP of joe@mycompany.com, all email directed to myweb.com needs to go directly to joe@mycompany.com. Rich 261173 XADM: How to Enable the "Message Journaling" Function for an Exchange http://support.microsoft.com/?id=261173 T...

Why is log on required for Windows Live Mail in an Windows 7 OS?
I have recently installed Windows 7. Following the installation, I never had to log on to read Windows Live Mail. Now I must log on. I do not know what changed or why. I do not want to have to log on to read my email. Please advise what occur for this change to be made. Thank you - -- Brian If you used Easy Transfer to migrate from old to new PC, passwords are not transferred, by design. You must edit your settings to correct this. "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D3A5239-1154-40DF-A473-E8FA9FE61987@microsoft.com... &g...

recover mails from .bak file in ms outlook
Dear All I had some problem with MS Outlook (2003). I found that there was a problem with .PST file I tried to repair it with SCANPST.EXE. It repaired my OUTLOOK.PST file but many mails are missing. I had taken bakup of .PST file into .BAK file. Please guide me how can in recover my mails from .BAK file Thanks Vimal -- vimalrupera If you have a backup copy of your pst and you recover it, then you may well find the problem is also recovered. What format is your pst file? - If your pst is open in Outlook, select properties of the personal folders, Advanced, what is sh...