mail merge from Microsoft Works Address book to make labels

I have 850 addresses in the Address Book located in Microsoft Works.  I'm
running XP and have Publisher 2003 and Word options to make these labels, but
I can't seem to get either to locate this address book.  Please HELP.  I'm on
a deadline
  Mellisa
0
Midwest (3)

Hi Mellisa @ Midwest (Mellisa @ Midwest@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I have 850 addresses in the Address Book located in Microsoft Works.
|| I'm running XP and have Publisher 2003 and Word options to make
|| these labels, but I can't seem to get either to locate this address
|| book.  Please HELP.  I'm on a deadline
||  Mellisa

As a work around, you can export your Windows Address Book (*.wab) as a
*.csv file. Open the Windows Address Book and go to File > Export > Other
Address Book > Text File (comma sep value).

After you have exported your Address Book, browse to the *.csv file when
choosing your datasource for the merge in Publisher.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Want to alphabetize address labels using something other than Mer
Have a large address file on mailing labels . Have tried using Merge to alphabetize the list, but find this rather cumbersome. Would like to find a simple quick way to do it. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm missing something here, but can't you just select all of the columns then use Data/Sort... and choose the column that you want to use to sort by? I have a column in my address list for Last Name and that is what I use to alphabetize the list. Merry Christmas "WindyHill" <WindyHill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D99BFF-46EE-484A-93A0-750EB34CF...

Money 2002 does not run/MoneySide Works!
Help! Money 2002 refuses to run. Double clicking the desktop shortcut or the .exe file will not start Money 2002. However, the MoneySide in IE does work (have only used it once) after which Money application itself would not start. Have, re-installed - but still the same issue. OS is XP Home. Check the shortcut target and it is set to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\msmoney.exe". I am lost as to what is happening - can anyone help. Thanks Sorry ! - I've now searched and found all the *new* on the Money 2002 not starting issue. I'll re-install to another...

Saving custom toolbars with macros to work on other computers
Hi I have created a series of Macros in excel, and have alocated them to a custom toolbar I have made. Is there a way which I can save the toolbar and macros with the excel spreadsheet, so tht the whole set-up can be used on a seperate computer? Macros are always saved with the workbook that they are in. To attach a toolbar to that workbook you use View, Toolbars, Customize and click the Attach button on the Toolbars tab. Then Save the workbook. That's the easy way but it has some drawbacks. If you make a change to the toolbar (like adding a new button) you must remember to re-...

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

POP3 Connector passing external To: addresses back to Exchange

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

create dropdown based on all people Not selectedyet to work onWork
I have a dropdown based on all employee. Once the person is Scheduled to work on a given Workdate (of the record I am Sitting on ) field Name is workdate I would like that name to be eliminated from the dropdown when to new workdate- would LIke drop down to show All People Not scheduled yet for that Given record(workdate that is active) I am seting up a query (recordset) for the dropdown but not sure what to put in the criteria for workdate <>[workdate] get No records or do I reference the Control on the subform the??? me!subformname??? not sure of correct syntax?...

How do I Auto-Complete Text in Lists? It stopped working!
I used to type only the first few letters of text in Excel and it would compete the entry for me, as long as that name already appeared somewhere. Now I upgraded to MacOS X, that function simply won't work! I tried Help, which offered no help, and the prefs for Enable Autocomplete for Cell values is checked. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

Hoes does table of contents work?

Microsoft Exchange Server does not appear in Add Service
I have Office 2K Pro installed on a Citrix Server. Problem is: when users configure Outlook and select Add Service, there is no listing of Microsoft Exchange Server. I have another Citrix Server and it has Microsoft Exchange Server listed under Add Service. Can someone tell me how to add Microsoft Exchange Server to be shown in Add Service? Thanks, Dan Sounds like Outlook is installed in Internet Mail Only mode. You can change it to Corporate/Workgroup - tools, options, find the "reconfigure mail support" button - you may need to have your installation media handy. Dan wro...

Show a named range within a label (not VBA)
I have a sheet that has a column value which states "Expenses in working currency". I would like to have it say "Expenses in USD" or "Expenses in MXP" (whatever the currency is). I have a named range in another sheet, ProjectInformation, that holds the working currency value. Not in VBA, but in the sheet I need to say something like: ="Expenses in" & (ProjectInformation!C9) but this gives me an error. Help, please. Thanks. Rick If I understand your set up correctly, try it this way... ="Expenses in "&Proje...

Exchange: Internal domain email address for external internet based email accounts
Hi, Management want to arrange it that affiliated individuals can have an email address alias from our domain, that will automatically be forwarded on to their internet based email accounts (hotmail, yahoo mail etc). I know I can do this by creating user accounts with mailboxes and then setting a forward to a contact containing their internet based email addresses, but this seems rather inefficient - there is no need for their mails to accumulate on mailboxes on our email servers. Is there a better solution, where outside users can email to an address that looks like it sits on our domain, bu...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...