LOST CD KEY NUMBER

help, i lost the original case the install cd came with
for microsoft publisher. it requires the cd key number to
install. what am i suppose to do now without the cd case
or box the software came in? i thought of looking in the
disk under different files to find a source for the
number but came up empty. maybe i registered my program
when i purchased it, but how do i track down the original
registration info and get microsoft to give me an install
cd key number so i can reinstall it on my new computer?
any suggestions? fred
0
FINARITWO (1)

How to Obtain a New Product Key for Office Program Setup
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en_us;823570&Product=ofw2k

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"FRED" <FINARITWO@COMCAST.NET> wrote in message
> help, i lost the original case the install cd came with
> for microsoft publisher. it requires the cd key number to
> install. what am i suppose to do now without the cd case
> or box the software came in? i thought of looking in the
> disk under different files to find a source for the
> number but came up empty. maybe i registered my program
> when i purchased it, but how do i track down the original
> registration info and get microsoft to give me an install
> cd key number so i can reinstall it on my new computer?
> any suggestions? fred

---

jl_amerson (3088)

making cd labels with publisher 2002?
I have windows xp, and publisher 2002. when attempting to print round labels that will fit onto a cd or dvd disk, I find under LABELS menu in PUBLISHER 2002, only square labels. Is there a template available or upgrade available that will enable me to print labels for dvd disks using Publlisher 2002? I just purchased Memorex Label Maker that came with it's own software, but using it proved to be extremely clumsy. I know Publisher and prefer to use Publisher. best, Aaron Pub 2003 has the templates but not 2002. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] <aaronep@pacbell.n...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Pre-programming keys
In some spreadsheets I need to enter a phrase in many cells. Is it possible to pre-program the function keys with a phrase so it may be inserted into a spreadsheet at the push of that key. If so, how can it be done? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway How about a nice custom menu toolbar -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:ukq2YuY1JHA.5684@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In some spreadsheets I need to enter a phrase in many cells. Is it > possible to pre-program the func...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Assign F-Keys
Can I assign an F-Key to certain actions in Outlook? How and where would I do that? No. You'd need to use a 3rd party program to change the F keys. However, you can assign keyboard shortcuts to any toolbar item - right click on the item and choose customize. Add a & in front of the letter you want to use for the Alt+shortcut. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Pivot table: Counting/Labeling row numbers
How can I get each row number to be labeled within the pivot table...and also show a total row count along with the "grand total"? Example: 1, Apple, $3 2, Orange, $4 3, Banana, $1 Grand Total, 3 (rows/items), $8 Thanks... You could insert a column to the left of the pivot table, and calculate the count there. For example, in cell A5: =IF(B5="","",IF(B5="Grand Total",MAX(A$4:A4),IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Total",B5)),"",MAX(A$4:A4)+1))) Copy the formula down as far as required to accommodate the longest configuration of the pivot t...

Asking for cd when opening 99
I recently upgr4aded to xp pro. I loaded the Money99 cd I have and for some reason wheneverI open the program a window opens and says there is no cd in the machine. I click cancel and the program works fine. How do I stop this from happening? Thanks, Bill I am guessing that Money is looking for the video help files. One way you could get rid of the message would be to copy the CD onto your hard disk and reinstall from there. Unfortunately this wastes a lot of space. -- "wmars1776" <wmars1776@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D613621D-D232-4DFB-96D0-...

Showing number series in query for grouped items
Hi, I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want a query which groups the item types and shows the first and last serial numbers for that item type along with how many. Eg. 10 x mobile phones first serial number = xxx1, last serial number = xx10. I tried the first, last, min and max functions but they continue to group and show each of the 10 items individually. Any ideas?? Thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:27:01 -0800, Flanders <Flanders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

COraltating the tracking numbers
OK, i have make reciet books , 50 to each pack with tracking numbers.. now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1 page, it does ok to set each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a pile of pages and it comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into trouble.. then i realize the numbers dont go in order in their own little stacks..that eachnumber below that is not the right number, so after i have to go and put them all in order by hand ..thats crazy must be a better way. ...

Automated transaction grouping and numbering
I have been asked to help a co-worker automate a data review task. I am working in Access 2003. We have a query output in Excel (from our mainframe) that lists employees with the following fields: SSN, EmplName, ActionCd, ActionEffDt Action codes (ActionCd) include Hire, Term and Rehire. The objective is to identify employees who rehired within 365 days of their termination. We have some people who have termed and been rehired up to 5 or 6 times (seasonal workers, perhaps?) Here's how I am currently calculating. I assigned all "Hire" Action Codes a TxNo of "1". I sor...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

Microsoft Office Mac v.x Product Key
I'm reinstalling all software on my imac to include Office v.x. Upon trying to open the Office applications I am being asked to insert my product key, which generates an error. I called customer support who told me that my version is no longer supported. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get my product key to work? Right now my Office applications are useless to me. Wayne On 2/28/07 12:35 PM, in article 1172684143.390819.326530@z35g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Wayne" <wayne.sr@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm reinstalling all software on my imac to include Of...

Counting consecutive numbers in a list
Is there a function that will take a list of 20 numbers and count if two or three of them are consecutive and count how many times this happens within the list? ...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

Negative Numbers
I have a column that has both negative and positive numbers. All of the negative numbers, however, have the negative sign to the right of the number instead of at the front. For example "3,445.45-" instead of "-3,445.45." How do I get the negatives to switch to the front of the number? Is there a formula or a format available? Thank you for all of your help! One quick way that'll work if you're using xl2002 (I think it was added in xl2002) or higher: Select the column. Data|text to columns On step 3 of the wizard, click the Advanced button Ch...

String with Varying Letter followed by Incremented Number
I'm new to Access and really don't even know how to ask what I need to know, but I'll give it a shot and maybe you brilliant folks can figure out what I mean. We have three classes with students. Each student is assigned an ID. The ID contains a letter which indicates which class the student attends (L G or F) and that letter is followed by a 7 digit number that increments with each student no matter which class they are in. So our list might look like L0000001 G0000002 F0000003 We're developing a database, but this information in our current system has been k...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

Lost Email after Uninstall
I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup my emails. Did I really loose my email or did Microsoft's uninstall program leave the email file somewhere. I have looked for .pst and ..dbx files but can't find any. Thanks, strad Uninstalling never removes your PST file. Keep looking. Make sure you've enabled the display and search of hidden folders. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "strad" <stradwork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c90a0f78.0310300748.3897db85@posting.google.com... > I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup...

Change outline numbering, hanging indent not updated
I followed http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html to define an outline numbering scheme. For each additional outline level, I added 0.12" of extra indentation for the text of the heading. The tabstop settings are properly updated in each Heading style, but the hanging indents is not. I manually modified the hanging indents to match the tab settings. Is there a more intelligent way to have the hanging indents update automagically? When you apply outline numbering to paragraph styles, the indents and tabs must be set in the Numbering dialog, not in the...