lost cd key number #2

How do I find the install cd key number if I threw out
the original cd case and box microsoft publisher 98 came
in? Is there any way of getting a cd key number so I can
reinstall it on my new computer? Any suggestions? What
about if I originally registered it when I bought it and
insalled it when it was new, does microsoft still have me
registered as purchasing the sofware years ago? Fred
0
Fred1060 (110)

Linking Excel to a Access database #2
Thanks I am giving it a try, it retireves the data ok, but it i difficult to try and set the table up, there are too many differen categories in the data! I will try and see if I can work this one out though..... Otherwise is there anyway that Excel functions can count data in a Access database without importing it -- martin ridle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- martin ridley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=803 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26695 ...

making cd labels with publisher 2002?
I have windows xp, and publisher 2002. when attempting to print round labels that will fit onto a cd or dvd disk, I find under LABELS menu in PUBLISHER 2002, only square labels. Is there a template available or upgrade available that will enable me to print labels for dvd disks using Publlisher 2002? I just purchased Memorex Label Maker that came with it's own software, but using it proved to be extremely clumsy. I know Publisher and prefer to use Publisher. best, Aaron Pub 2003 has the templates but not 2002. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] <aaronep@pacbell.n...

2 Quick questions
Hello All, I have two questions. I currently have a 2003 Exchange Server on my network. The first question I have is this. We use a public folder for an e-mail box for a sales e- mail address. Users can go in a check to see if there are any messages thru out the day. I have cleared the "Maintain per user read info" box, but when someone checks the e-mail and reads it, no one else sees it as read. Second question is this. I have a user with Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003. We use public folder calendars for appts. for our executive staff. When this user posts an appt, it is...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Pre-programming keys
In some spreadsheets I need to enter a phrase in many cells. Is it possible to pre-program the function keys with a phrase so it may be inserted into a spreadsheet at the push of that key. If so, how can it be done? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway How about a nice custom menu toolbar -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:ukq2YuY1JHA.5684@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In some spreadsheets I need to enter a phrase in many cells. Is it > possible to pre-program the func...

Critical CRM 1.2 Questions
We have a successful CRM 1.2 installation, we believe, and have imported contacts, etc from ACT 6.0. We have updated Outlook with all the hot-fixes for SFO and the Server as well. We can send and receive CRM e-mail, etc. Here are our critical issues that we need some assistance with: 1. We cannot "see" the custom fields that have been created from the SFO client, even though they are available in the web client view. 2. We cannot Promote to CRM Activity from the SFO client. It just shuts down with an error about a fault in the crmaddin.dll file. We've made sure we have the...

can not send emails #2
i have outlook 2003 and can receive emails but not send. I get several different types of errors. One is 0x800ccc78. Sometimes the error says check the email address. Another time it says Server responded 530 Authentication required. I have tried to add my email again but nothing is working yet. I also have incredimail add in with my outlook. I also downloaded Business Contact manager. Help Check if you need POP befor SMTP settings. Make sure your Email Account settings from providor and Outlook 2003 settings http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287532 &quo...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Drop Down Menus #2
I recently saw a worksheet that used a "drop down menu" in one cell. This drop down menu is a list of months of the year to choose from. I noticed that the only way to see that the cell had a drop down was when I highlighted the cell. How does one create such a drop down menu by using this one cell? I am using MS Excel 200 and Windows 98SE. Signed: lsmft -- lsmft ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30678 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Shared Mailbox #2
We have an Exchange 5.5 Server and Outlook 2003 clients and want to create a shared mailbox called 'Secretary' for two secretaries. Currently we have one secretary with a named mailbox (let's say Jane Doe) I am going to rename Jane's mailbox to Secretary and add the new secretary (Let's say Julie Citizen) to the permissions. I want the following to be able to occur: 1) Both Jane and Julie use the single shared mailbox 2) External Users can email either "Secretary" or Jane or Julie by name (jane.doe@company.com) and the mail will go to this single mailbox 3) Inte...

Assign F-Keys
Can I assign an F-Key to certain actions in Outlook? How and where would I do that? No. You'd need to use a 3rd party program to change the F keys. However, you can assign keyboard shortcuts to any toolbar item - right click on the item and choose customize. Add a & in front of the letter you want to use for the Alt+shortcut. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Pivot table: Counting/Labeling row numbers
How can I get each row number to be labeled within the pivot table...and also show a total row count along with the "grand total"? Example: 1, Apple, $3 2, Orange, $4 3, Banana, $1 Grand Total, 3 (rows/items), $8 Thanks... You could insert a column to the left of the pivot table, and calculate the count there. For example, in cell A5: =IF(B5="","",IF(B5="Grand Total",MAX(A$4:A4),IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Total",B5)),"",MAX(A$4:A4)+1))) Copy the formula down as far as required to accommodate the longest configuration of the pivot t...

Excel 2007
Out of the blue excel started to take 5 seconds to process each task performed within spreadsheets with formulas. Sometimes even just clicking in a cell takes 5 seconds to register before I can begin typing. Delay also happens when trying to toggle between spreadsheets. So frustrating. Is this an excel issue or a computer issue? Thanks, Shay ...

Asking for cd when opening 99
I recently upgr4aded to xp pro. I loaded the Money99 cd I have and for some reason wheneverI open the program a window opens and says there is no cd in the machine. I click cancel and the program works fine. How do I stop this from happening? Thanks, Bill I am guessing that Money is looking for the video help files. One way you could get rid of the message would be to copy the CD onto your hard disk and reinstall from there. Unfortunately this wastes a lot of space. -- "wmars1776" <wmars1776@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D613621D-D232-4DFB-96D0-...

COraltating the tracking numbers
OK, i have make reciet books , 50 to each pack with tracking numbers.. now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1 page, it does ok to set each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a pile of pages and it comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into trouble.. then i realize the numbers dont go in order in their own little stacks..that eachnumber below that is not the right number, so after i have to go and put them all in order by hand ..thats crazy must be a better way. ...

Showing number series in query for grouped items
Hi, I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want a query which groups the item types and shows the first and last serial numbers for that item type along with how many. Eg. 10 x mobile phones first serial number = xxx1, last serial number = xx10. I tried the first, last, min and max functions but they continue to group and show each of the 10 items individually. Any ideas?? Thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:27:01 -0800, Flanders <Flanders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

merging data from 2 lists
Hi, I have 2 lists of students - both lists are exactly the same; in one list certain students have a grade, in the other list all the other students have a grade. No student has a grade on each list; how do I end up with one list of students which has all the grades in the correct place? i am sue this is simple - but not for me!! thanks Me Hi Me, Definitely sounds possible, but we'll need some detail on the nature of the "lists" Are they single column? Multiple column? Are the grades in the same cell as the students' names? Dave. ...

Page Setup #2
Does anyone know the best way to have rows repeated at the the bottom of every page when printing an Excel Worksheet. Current page setup options only include "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat on left". I cannot put them in the page footer because the information I want repeated at bottom of each page has more than 255 characters. Thanks. -- JK Columbus, Ohio. There's nothing built into excel that does rows to repeat at bottom. Any chance you can use MSWord, print a bunch of footers, then run those sheets through the printer when you print the excel...

Automated transaction grouping and numbering
I have been asked to help a co-worker automate a data review task. I am working in Access 2003. We have a query output in Excel (from our mainframe) that lists employees with the following fields: SSN, EmplName, ActionCd, ActionEffDt Action codes (ActionCd) include Hire, Term and Rehire. The objective is to identify employees who rehired within 365 days of their termination. We have some people who have termed and been rehired up to 5 or 6 times (seasonal workers, perhaps?) Here's how I am currently calculating. I assigned all "Hire" Action Codes a TxNo of "1". I sor...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Macro Recorder #2
I have a very basic question( I think). When you are recording a Macro how do you stop and then restart where you left off? For example I have a repetitive task that moves columns from one spreadsheet to another. The problem is that there are about 40 columns I am required to move. As I record the macro can it be stopped and then restarted if I have to close Excel and return later? I can't find the answer to my question documented anywhere. Thank You, Greg You can stop it, but when you start again it will create a new subprocedure, you can go in and copy/paste the second after the firs...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...