Logo's in Publisher

I have Windows ME and Publisher 2002

Hi.  when I download a logo that is sent to me or boarder art I download, I
insert it in my publisher doc and it always has a white box backroud. As if I
put a fill color in it.  I can't seem to just get the words to show up w/out
this white backround.

I am trying to make a drink menu for a restaurant and every time someone
sends me a logo it has that white backround.  I've tried jpg, bit and gif and
it still does it.

Any ideas?????

"ChristyLiv" <ChristyLiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows ME and Publisher 2002
>
> Hi.  when I download a logo that is sent to me or boarder art I download,
> insert it in my publisher doc and it always has a white box backroud. As
> if I
> put a fill color in it.  I can't seem to just get the words to show up
> w/out
> this white backround.
>
> I am trying to make a drink menu for a restaurant and every time someone
> sends me a logo it has that white backround.  I've tried jpg, bit and gif
> and
> it still does it.
>
> Any ideas?????

Before placing the logo into Publisher, open it in an image editing program,
change it to .gif and then set the white background to transparent.

0
Chuck
4/8/2005 4:23:16 AM
Or use the "set transparent color" tool on the picture toolbar...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message

> "ChristyLiv" <ChristyLiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have Windows ME and Publisher 2002
>>
>> Hi.  when I download a logo that is sent to me or boarder art I download, I
>> insert it in my publisher doc and it always has a white box backroud. As if I
>> put a fill color in it.  I can't seem to just get the words to show up w/out
>> this white backround.
>>
>> I am trying to make a drink menu for a restaurant and every time someone
>> sends me a logo it has that white backround.  I've tried jpg, bit and gif and
>> it still does it.
>>
>> Any ideas?????
>>
> Before placing the logo into Publisher, open it in an image editing program, change
> it to .gif and then set the white background to transparent.

0
gsauer (5094)

re logos
Hi I am looking for logos of all types and would like to know of sites where there may be free downloads or even buying them. Any Suggestions Thanks Colin http://webchantier.free.fr/logotheque/index2.html http://www.logo.nino.ru/main/?id=135 http://www.gopromos.com/idea_center/stock_art_alpha.asp?type=L&Q=M http://www.thesle.com/ -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Colin" <Creativecopy@theedge.ca> wrote in message news:0f8001c38dfb$27c3d8c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am looking for lo...

Publisher 2003
I want to know how to fill an oval with 1 half being red and one half being blue Autoshapes, more Autoshapes, scroll down to the pie slice, adjust it for one half, resize it oval, fill with red, copy, rotate 90 degrees, fill with blue. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1022FEB-0D5E-45B3-8990-F99B4FA2C3D2@microsoft.com... >I want to know how to fill an oval with 1 half being red and one half being > blue > Steven wrote: >...

How do I place a chart in Publisher?
I am trying to do the Benefit Statements for our company using Publisher's mail merge. Everything works great except for the pie chart that I would like to include. Please help. Specifically what is the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "shrn" <shrn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F0E7E33-78F6-4B77-B89B-B32580EA2501@microsoft.com... >I am trying to do the Benefit Statements for our company using Publisher's > mail merge. Everything works great except for...

Upgrading Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003
Can i upgrade without affecting my other Office 2000 applications? You will need either Windows 2000 or XP to use Publisher 2003. Otherwise, you probably can. -- Don Vancouver, USA "klrz3" <klrz3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3534EC8D-AB6E-4D78-BEC2-0773BC0ACEC9@microsoft.com... > Can i upgrade without affecting my other Office 2000 applications? Thanks, I have Windows XP so I think I'll go ahead and try it. "Don Schmidt" wrote: > You will need either Windows 2000 or XP to use Publisher 2003. > > Otherwise, you probably ...

publish customization error
hi, i added 4 new schema fields from the deployment manager (2 to accounts, 2 to opportunities) and map them. and i publish the customization. it was ok in test server but when i did the same thing in production server i received the following error. any ideas? thanks in advance orkun error: Event Type: Error Event Source: DMSNAPIN Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 26.01.2005 Time: 17:23:30 User: N/A Computer: MOSTSERVER Description: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The network path was not found. , StackTrace : at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) a...

publisher 97 #10
I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened and saved it in Publisher 2002 on a different computer(using server). Now I can't access it through 97. Is there a way to do this? Can't save as, as the files of type don't say 97. Maybe they were the same as Publisher 98 files. Worth a try. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0B451AE-ACF2-449B-8F11-4F0C16297A12@microsoft.com... > I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened > and saved it in P...

Integrating Publisher with Paypal
When I paste my Paypal button code in the Publisher Insert/ HTML Code Fragment window, the code shows up as code on the web page, instead of as a button. I also tried the option of pasting the code in the Publisher HTML file after I uploaded it, but that is complicated by absolute position references in the Publisher code. I have browsed through the answers here, but just pasting the code in the HTML code fragment window hasn't worked for me. I consulted Paypal and I am told that the code belongs in a cell. Please help me integrate it. The code is in the format <form>... ...

how can I convert a emf logo into a corel draw type logo
I need to get a logo into a 'mac standard' format and only have it in jpeg, wmf etc. How do I do this so I can use it in quark etc? FlashmanLeo <FlashmanLeo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need to get a logo into a 'mac standard' format and only have it in > jpeg, wmf etc. How do I do this so I can use it in quark etc? What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher According to Corel, the Mac version can read .emf files. I have Corel, maybe I can convert it for you to a MAC friendly format...

LOGO Insertion in my Quotation
can anybody help , how to insert my logo in my quotation. iam using CRM 3.0 ...

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Publisher #61
Is there a multi-user version of Micrsoft Publisher? Milton wrote: > Is there a multi-user version of Micrsoft Publisher? If I understand what you mean, no. (I'm assuming you mean a version suitable for use on a network, with different users working on different parts of a file at the same time.) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org No, you have to buy every version of Publisher. -- Brother Raphael "Ed Bennett" wrote: > Milton wrote: > > Is there a multi-user version of Micrsoft Publisher? > > If I understand what you mean, no. ...

Different orientations in one publication in publisher?
I am trying to create different orientations in one publication in publisher, ie one page portrait and then the next landscape. Is this possible? Not in the way you are thinking. What you *can* do is to lay a page out as a separate document, rotate it 90�, and paste it into your target document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shoshigrl" <Shoshigrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC532338-15D5-4D8A-81A8-B25ABA99FD5B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create different orientations in one publication in >publisher, > ie one page port...

my publisher won't publish using the steps given. any suggestions
i do all the steps & a window pops up saying the site is loading but nothing happens. You need to ask this in the Publisher Web Design newsgroup. There is lots of help here http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/category/1921.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mary" <mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCCF02E2-1E35-4072-9467-EA5636AAB720@microsoft.com... >i do all the steps & a window pops up saying the site is loading but nothing > happens. ...

Logo
When I send an e-mail I would like our company logo to be on the e-mail. What is the best way to set this up? either as stationery or in a signature -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "cbelland" <anonymous@discuss...

Thesaurus in publisher
How can I have access to a thesaurus with in publisher? Is there a way to transfer it from Word? What version? Click tools, language, thesaurus... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Laine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54D9014C-F75A-490F-BBED-5DD93C76883F@microsoft.com... > How can I have access to a thesaurus with in publisher? Is there a way to transfer it from Word? Mary. I learn something every day. Thanks for the info. John. ====================================...

Publisher 2000 #13
Can Publisher 2000 read Publisher XP files? If so how? If not, is there a tool(s) where I can convert all Publisher XP files to Publisher 2000? Thanks, John John wrote: > Can Publisher 2000 read Publisher XP files? No. > If not, is there a tool(s) where I can convert all > Publisher XP files to Publisher 2000? As a batch? No. You'll have to open each one in 2002 and 'Save As'. If you have both, why are you needing to 'downgrade' the files? > Thanks, > John ...

Publishing Website
I have a solution with multiple projects. On my LOCAL computer in Visual Studio 2008, I can choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish and it publishes to my LOCAL c:\temp\webSiteName directory. It works great. I then use a bat to zip and copy the published project to the remote web server. (I am doing it this way instead of directly publishing the project to the website because it takes forever to copy the VERY BIG published project if it is not zipped.) I would like to NOT to have to "choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish" and do this as pa...

publisher 2003 to 2000
I have a file created in Publisher2003 (about 2 megabites.) . When I save this file in Pub. 2000, which is the version I have at home, it gets really big...30 megabites. It becomes really difficult for e-mail. How can I compress its contents? Publisher 2000 did not support compression. Might be better to send it as a PDF. There are free converters around, this is one: http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "luigui" <luigui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0F6BD73...

How do I publish my website to e-bay?
I created a website with pub 2003 but I cannot figure out how to get it up on e-bay, I'm pretty new to all of this, HELP! GrenigersGirls <GrenigersGirls@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I created a website with pub 2003 but I cannot figure out how to get > it up on e-bay, I'm pretty new to all of this, HELP! You could try copying and pasting the HTML source generated from Publisher onto your eBay page, but in general this is likely to fail. Publisher HTML is designed to be used on its own as a standalone page/site, not as part of another...

Moving Publisher
I am setting up a new computer. My old one came with Publisher 97' on it, but I did not get a disk for the program. My old PC has Window's ME, and my new one has Window's XP. I would like to transfer my Publisher 97' program and the files in it to my new computer. How do I do this? It can't be done without the disks. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but.............besides you have a new computer, it's time for the new version of Publisher. "Celesia" <celesiac@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0c8b01c38f26$1a495a90$a301280a@phx.g...

Logo in DockBar
Hi, i create a toolbar and a logo in the dockbar by inserting a CBitmapButton object. When that toolbar is floating the dockbar and the logo disappear. Do you know any way to put the logo and the dockbar always visible? Even when all the toolbars are floating .... Thanks in advance, Jorge Loureiro ...

I used to have most pictures published in Outlook
I used to have most pictures published in Outlook. I turned this feature off because various malware can attach itself to JPGs, GIFs, etc. I forgot what I did. Pleaser remind me. Thank you, Barry Karas Barry Karas <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote: > I used to have most pictures published in Outlook. I turned this > feature off because various malware can attach itself to JPGs, GIFs, > etc. I forgot what I did. Pleaser remind me. Got a version for that Outlook? -- Brian Tillman Right! Version: 2003 (11.5608.5606) Barry Karas ***********************************************...

Logo Gestaltung by DieArtGenossen.
Im Allgemeinen ist jedem, der ein Gewerbe betreiben will, bekannt, dass ein Firmenlogo in diesem Zusammenhang unabdinglich ist. Jedoch sind die Anforderungen an die Logogestaltung in den meisten F=E4llen nicht strategisch er=F6rtert, sondern vielmehr auf den individuellen Geschmack des Auftraggebers zur=FCckzuf=FChren. Dabei wird au=DFer Acht gelassen, dass das Logo eines der mit Abstand wesentlichsten Merkmale eines Unternehmens darstellt. Es dient der Identifikation sowie der Unterstreichung des Aufgabenbereiches des Unternehmens, welches es repr=E4sentiert. Ein Unternehmenslogo k...

Duplication Rules "publishing..."
Hi, We installed crm 4 workgroup edition and the standard duplication rules are now "being published..." for more then 3 days. I've seen that the CRM asyn service was not started and started it but in the application log I get this error message: "Host TRV01: failed while monitoring asynchronous operations queue. Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Client discovered that the respone was html but expected xml: server not available" We first created a new website on the sbs server with a host header and installed crm in this new site, the crmwebclient wo...

Logo
I'm trying to create a logo. I have it all setup, but when I go to use it in other applications, it's tiny. When I enlarge, it gets fuzzy. I'm trying to upload it to order business cards and forms. You are going to have to save the logo in a vector format, i.e. .wmf, Windows Metafile. The whole page will be saved however. Best bet would be open the publication, copy/paste the logo to the new. Somehow I think you have the wrong newsgroup. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "VLP" <anonymous@discu...