locked publisher 2002 file #2

I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server.

When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared
file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program
is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base
or anywhere else.

Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the
user the option to open the file read only, which is fine.

Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this
problem?

As a work-around I can save the file as a Web Page and users can open this
with no problems and then save it at a Publisher File in thier own folders

0
Glyn (7)

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Outlook 2002 Email Disappears as soon as it arrives in inbox
I have been working with an XP box that has office xp on it. This box uses outlook 2002. It worked fine the last two days it seems but now as soon as an email comes in I can see it in the inbox for a second and then it just disappears. There is no filter that I can see making it do this in the customize section. There are several rules setup to bring messages into folders but thats no different then its even been. Anyone ever seen this? Any suggestions? I have seen this happen when the delivery point is set for a .pst somewhere else... -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Greg Lansin...

How do I print up different labels in Publisher on the same page?
It can't figure out how to change the text for each label. In print preview it shows all the same text on every label and I need different text on each label...help please!! If you are using merge, the print preview is a bug in the program. Do a sample from print (print two rows as a test) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kittymayo1" <Kittymayo1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C273930-65AD-46C2-856A-FCEDC31ACB4F@microsoft.com... > It can't figure out how to change the te...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

Using Publisher for business card on CD Rom
I'm mostly challenged in the technological world so please excuse any ignorance but.... I am trying to figure out how to put my business card info on a mini disk or on business card shaped/sized mini disk CD R. I don't want to hire a firm to do it for me, I'd like to learn how to do it myself. Does anyone know if Publisher is the right program for making business cards on mini or business card disks? Any helpful ideas/tips/suggestions on how to create a business card on a mini disk are most appreciated! Thanks for your time, I am in awe of you all! Do you have the temp...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

howto copy a file programmatically?
hi! just as topic - unfortunately i am not able to find a function like _mkdir for copying a file... thanks philipp "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:4033661c$0$28886$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > hi! > > just as topic - unfortunately i am not able to find a function like _mkdir > for copying a file... > > thanks philipp > > One option is to use the CopyFile() API. -- Bjarne Nielsen try MoveFileEx or CopyFile "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:40...

want to export the outlook 2000 calendar in Publisher
Good day all, I want create and print my personal calendar exctracting the data from my outlook 2000 calendar. I don't like the way Outlook 2000 is creating the automatic preview as it cut part of the information recorded. I would like to export the information registered in the calendar of Outlook 2000 in Publisher or in another software in order to better manage the information recorder in each date. Any help????? Thanks in advance Ciao/Marco While in Calendar, File > Import and Export > Export to a file > Then select from the list of options. Then just follow th...

Microsoft Money Has Stopped Working #2
Yesterday I started Money Plus and got a message that there was an update to download and install. I completed that update and got a message that if Money didn't run to properly to restart my computer. I did that and when I try to run Money I get a message that says MICROSOFT MONEY HAS STOPPED WORKING. I tried to use the fix that you sent me back in November of 2007, which pointed me to this article in the Microsoft Knowledge Database http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942485 but it did not work. When I clicked "turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:&...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

Cannot delete Public Folder store #2
I am running Exchange2003 SP2. I have a PF store with no folders on it except they system folders. I used the Move All Replicas option to move them off to another server, but still can not delete the store. I get the same message stating you have to move all replicas off before deleting. Anyone have any ideas? Are you certain there are no other Exchange servers listed as a replication partner? Nue "ecampana2006" <ecampana2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B66934DD-3E38-4DE6-8EE8-C1DED9EA26CC@microsoft.com... >I am running Exchange2003 SP2. I h...

publisher not alined?
Hi, I made business cards in publisher. When I print them on avery labels (8871- 10 on a page) the top 2 are perfect but as the page goes down, the printing on the cards go up about 1/16 of a inch. By the time I get to the bottom 2 cards the printing is at the top and there is too much room on the bottom. I hope this makes sense. Spoke to avery, they think its a publisher problem. Thanks. It is neither an Avery or Publisher problem. It is the way your printer is picking up the stock. Do you have a lever on you printer that will allow heavier stock to feed easier? Or a setting th...

Rounding Error #2
Worksheet function =Round(0.965,2) returns 0.97 Using VBA Round(0.965,2) returns 0.96. Why does the VBA function not work properly? On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:36:29 -0700, "Mike" <mcurrie@srjgroup.com> wrote: >Worksheet function =Round(0.965,2) returns 0.97 >Using VBA Round(0.965,2) returns 0.96. >Why does the VBA function not work properly? VBA's round does work properly. It just uses a different rounding method, sometimes called banker's rounding. This is outlined in the MSKB article 225330. Briefly, if the number to the right of your rounding point is '...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

how do i move outlook files
i have outlook 2002 on my notebook, i am setting up a new desktop with outlook 2003. can my emails, addresses, accounts setup, and calendars be transferred to my new computer? how? tia There's a page here discussing that: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm <sstovall3@aol.com> wrote in message news:a0cqk15vofj0a9d9n92r0at0f58v72p2r8@4ax.com... >i have outlook 2002 on my notebook, i am setting up a new desktop with > outlook 2003. can my emails, addresses, accounts setup, and calendars > be transferred to my new computer? how? Thanks Vince, I lo...

Outlook Invisible To Copernic On New Laptop #2
I'm posting this solution to a nasty problem in case anyone else needs it. It's a late answer to my own request for help in this newsgroup on Mon Jun 19, 2006. The original post is at http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_frm/thread/e5b0dcabb2c3fe6b/4ed64f97743c185d?tvc=1&q=Outlook+invisible+to+Copernic&hl=en#4ed64f97743c185d, and here's an extract: I------------ "Looking for clues as to why Copernic Desktop Search (version 1.7) should be unable to find my Outlook 2000 files. The two work perfectly together on two previous laptops (same soft...

template in publisher-
I used publisher to design my letterhead...now I decided to try to use this in word. This doesn't work..I always have to recreate what I made in publisher in word. How can i use all the templates I created in publisher in word? In news:66A027ED-D819-4AB0-BCC8-23A32CC7D7B6@microsoft.com, fufer <fufer@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: || I used publisher to design my letterhead...now I decided to try to || use this in word. This doesn't work..I always have to recreate what || I made in publisher in word. How can i use all the templates I || created in publisher in word? Y...

test #2
test ...

Money "lock-out" solution-thanks Kurt
Kurt Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running again! Thank -you What happens to all your data when you do that? Do you still have your data? I tried reinstalling, but no luck. I hate to uninstall, since I would lose all the data, right? Would appreciate info. Thanks, Alice >-----Original Message----- >Kurt > >Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 >and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running >again! Thank -you >. > Your data is in a file *.mny. This is ind...

trying to install outlook 2002
I just got a new computer with office 2003 on it. It is a work computer like my last one and I am trying to install outlook 2002 so I can sync my Samsung Blackjack to my computer. For some reason, the cd installs outlook 2002, but I get no icon in the start menu or on the desktop. The only way I can see that outlook has been installed at all is if I go to the add/remove programs menu. The install CD seems to indicate that outlook is "not available" even before it installs, but then says it is installed. If it helps I had groupwise on the computer, but removed it because I...

Cannot Vlookup of Large file
Dear all Helper, I have a excel file of about 20,000 records. I have another worksheet for vlookup to this excel file. But find that it exists in both worksheet but it prompt #N/A. Do you have any hints or reasons? Any other solutions? Rudolf, Show us the formula of Vlookup, it might be a problem in the code. Check also the properties of the lookup-value and the database-value. If you are looking for a number e.g. 10 and in the database the cell property is "text" (10 is now '10) Vlookup will not find it. grtx's Martijn "Microsoft Excel" <rudolf.lam@asi...

Outlook 2002 does not allow me to move folders
Hello, I try to organize my folders it does not allow me to because I do not have permission. I try to right click on the folder, go to options but there is no summary or permissions tab to investigate. What is wrong Thanks Marcus ...