Links don't work when converted to PDF...

I am doing a Newsletter for a friends business that will be emailed to her
customers.  For the articles that are too long for the space on the first
page, I put a "more details" link to another page within the same document
that contains the entire article.  I was able to get this to work in
Publisher.  However, when I try to convert it to a PDF the links in the PDF
don't work.  I need this to work as I have to send the file as a PDF to the
person who does her website so it can be added there each month.  I have
checked the "add bookmarks and links" button in adobe acrobat, but the links
stll don't function.  What do I need to do?
0
Lost (29)

lost wrote:
> I have
> checked the "add bookmarks and links" button in adobe acrobat, but the links
> stll don't function.  What do I need to do?

If you're printing to Distiller, then links won't work. Printing is
designed to put things onto paper, and paper doesn't support
hyperlinking, so there is no mechanism to transfer a hyperlink through
the printer driver.

Acrobat 7 and later come with an add-in that transfers hyperlinks
automatically. Unfortunately the add-in is not terribly stable and often
gets disabled to avoid crashing Publisher.

Publisher 2007 has a Microsoft-produced add-in available that enables
PDF features that are built into the program (they don't arrive turned
on for legal and financial reasons). This behaves a lot better, and
transfers hyperlinks (to do email links properly requires SP1).

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

The Acrobat 7 is a bit clutzy, with Acrobat 8 much more user friendly (my
opinion). To test the links on one or more of my newsletters, try:
http://www.myscacc.org/newsletters.htm
"lost" <lost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am doing a Newsletter for a friends business that will be emailed to her
> customers.  For the articles that are too long for the space on the first
> page, I put a "more details" link to another page within the same document
> that contains the entire article.  I was able to get this to work in
> Publisher.  However, when I try to convert it to a PDF the links in the
> PDF
> don't work.  I need this to work as I have to send the file as a PDF to
> the
> person who does her website so it can be added there each month.  I have
> checked the "add bookmarks and links" button in adobe acrobat, but the
> links
> stll don't function.  What do I need to do?

0
Anthemwebs (309)

Change link between form and subform

Forwarding rule doesn't work, Outlook 2002 & Exchange 5.5
My company's email is hosted on an Exchange 5.5 server. In my Outlook 2002 (Office XP) client, I have set up a rule to forward all inbound messages to an external email address. This rule is only triggering, however, on internally generated messages such as Outlook meeting invitations or McAfee Groupsheild email alerts. No other messages (internal or from the internet) ar being forwarded. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Converting website type project tot ASP.NET Web application
Hi, in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application. From my VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still supported in vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type. Is that possible. How? thanx ton On Feb 3, 10:27=A0pm, "ton" <t...@nospam.nl> wrote: > Hi, > > in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application. From= my > VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still supported = in > vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type. > > Is th...

For Some Reason My Schedule is Working through Weekends
Is there anyway to correct this in one operation?? -- TMI Contractors ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TMI Contractors's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/216904.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1338262.htm http://forums.techarena.in Check the calendar for the project, and if a different calendar has been assigned to specific tasks (Tools > Change Working Time, Project > Project Information, and the Task Calendar column respectively). Check the resources assigned to the tasks...

CDialog::DoModal() doesn't work the second time
Hi, I have created a MFC dialog based application (using the wizard). it works fine. then I decided to display the same window twice: // the code generated by the wizard CDialogDlg dlg; m_pMainWnd = &dlg; INT_PTR nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); // the code I added nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); // the generated code follows The second time when I invoke DoModal, the window appears for a very short (sub second) time then vanishes. the return code is -1 which means that the window couldnt be created. I tried with a new dialog class: // the code generated by the wizard CDialogDlg dlg; m_pMainWn...

adobe pdf printer taking over :(
I have a 3 page report I print in ms access. Each page is a separate print job and recently I had to email page 3 to someone so I used the adobe pdf printer. Now every time I run the report the 3rd page always tries printing via adobe pdf instead of the default printer. I have tried printing the single page using the default printer but it doesn't remember the choice. I have also tried rebooting but that didn't help. Any suggestions on what to do besides uninstall adobe pdf from printers? This is really frustrating because now every time it gets to page 3 it tries to print pdf...

linking #4

Linked Forms

remove space and chars. replace() does not work
I need to remove characters and spaces from a database field and replace() is not working for me. I dont know if I am using it properly. I am putting it in the queries window and it says I cannot use it without select or update. Can some1 help me on how exactly to use replace(). Thank you in advance. removeChars wrote: >I need to remove characters and spaces from a database field and >replace() is not working for me. I dont know if I am using it >properly. I am putting it in the queries window and it says I cannot >use it without select or update. Can some1 help me on how exact...

Convert year
When I import automotive data from another database which shows model year in two-digit format, into excel, the model year imports as follows; 98 = 98, but 01 = 1 02 = 2, etc. I have installed the date migration tool, but I still can't seem to convert the year into a four digit format. Is there a way to convert a column of one or two digit numbers to four digit year? Thanx for any help. -- J.R. Jones "JaR" <plente@nospamsofthome.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%2335jwiggDHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When I import automotive data from another database which sh...

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Why Won't this code work with different Bitmap Sizes?
http://codeproject.com/printing/general.asp Whenever I try to change the bmpWidth, and bmpHeight very much, it only prints a blank page. For example bmpWidth = 640, and bmpHeight = 480, only prints a blank page. Why would this be? Thanks you should contact the author regarding this. -- With Regard's Alok Gupta visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "i think this will work" "Peter Olcott" <olcott@att.net> wrote in message news:FGLRd.8200$yr.3617@okepread05... > http://codeproject.com/printing/general.asp > > Whenever I try to change...

Link To A Cell From Chart

PDF Attachments Stuck in Outbox
I am experiencing a problem with PDF attachments being sent out. They get stuck in the Outbox and continue to send the message hundreds of times. On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:43:02 -0800, Jason [IT/CAD] <JasonITCAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am experiencing a problem with PDF attachments being sent out. They get >stuck in the Outbox and continue to send the message hundreds of times. Disable any AV on the workstation and server. Disable just a certain aspect of the AV for attachments? If so, could you be more specific? "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > O...

links

working with multiple e-mails
We are working as two companies in our office. So every user in office has 2 e-mail account with the same username but with different domains. What we need to do is let them work with both e-mails together in outlook. But what important is I should prevent mistakes like sending mails from wrong account and receipts shouldn't see anything with the other company.. Can anyone offer any architecture for it or any recource on the web..? (sorry for the bad english) ...

Setting up Outlook Express to work with an MSN e-mail account
Does anybody know how to set up Outlook Express to work with an MSN e-mail account? There are instructions for Hotmail but they don't work. Any help is appreciated... "J.O." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041b01c3db01$0002a750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how to set up Outlook Express to work > with an MSN e-mail account? There are instructions for > Hotmail but they don't work. Any help is appreciated... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Expr...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Manual archive failed to work
I want to manually archive e-mails in my Personal Folders- Inbox and Sent Items subfolders. I have Auto Archive turned OFF for all Personal Folders Subfolders. My Inbox and Sent Items folders are very large and I want to copy everything in them prior to 01/01/2009 to the Same Folder Names in the Archive Folders and have them deleted from the Personal Folders. When I execute the manual archive nothing happens. I have been selecting Archive from the File Menu, then clicking the Archive this folder and all subfolders button, then selecting Inbox (under Personal Foldres) in the list,...

Links

Outlook Rules Not Always Working
Anyone with feedback on how to resolve this would be appreciated. I have set up rules in Outlook to divert EMails sent to our corporate Help Desk to a folder I have set up in Outlook called "Help Desk". Some exceptions have been set up within the rules - EMails sent to Help Desk from certain companies [my customers] are not diverted as I want them to come into my Inbox. This setup worked fine until a couple of weeks ago when it stopped working completely. Aside from un-installing & re-loading Outlook completely we have done just about everything. We deleted the rules & re-...

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

Tables to PDF
Hi there, I'm working with a table in Publisher at the moment & have formatted all my column / row gridlines to 0.25pt. However, when I convert to Adobe PDF, some of the lines appear much thicker than the others. Any Suggestions? Ian Have you tried printing the .pdf file? I've seen lines that look thicker but print just fine. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ianp" <ianp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402A32B6-8157-4D23-907A-9C437BD4FE35@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I'm working with a table in Publisher at...