Linking Word and Publisher files

Hi,  Is it possible to have links between files saved in Word, Publisher and
Powerpoint 2003? I have been working on a twenty page document saved in each
program. As I make updates, can I have each of the files in each separate
program updated when I make one new save?
--
Frankly Speaking

Insert, object, create from file, browse to the file, check link.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Frankly Speaking" <FranklySpeaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,  Is it possible to have links between files saved in Word, Publisher and
> Powerpoint 2003? I have been working on a twenty page document saved in each
> program. As I make updates, can I have each of the files in each separate
> program updated when I make one new save?
> --
> Frankly Speaking

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/7/2007 10:51:38 PM
I have created many hyperlinks for my website below which do NOT work.
They work fine on my local publisher file and I have transferred all the
linked files to the remote site using FTP but doesn’t work.
Maybe I put them in the wrong remote folder but I have tried putting them in
both the index_files and public_html and still doesn’t work.
Is there any basic info I can read to learn exactly how to do this?
Should I put them in the imap folder?
Is there anything else I need to transfer from the local to remote to make
this work?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Insert, object, create from file, browse to the file, check link.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Frankly Speaking" <FranklySpeaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,  Is it possible to have links between files saved in Word, Publisher and
> > Powerpoint 2003? I have been working on a twenty page document saved in each
> > program. As I make updates, can I have each of the files in each separate
> > program updated when I make one new save?
> > --
> > Frankly Speaking

0
Brad (219)
9/12/2009 5:37:01 AM
The query I answered and the question you are asking are unrelated. You need to
go here for a hyperlink answer to a web page question.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created many hyperlinks for my website below which do NOT work.
> They work fine on my local publisher file and I have transferred all the
> linked files to the remote site using FTP but doesn't work.
> Maybe I put them in the wrong remote folder but I have tried putting them in
> both the index_files and public_html and still doesn't work.
> Is there any basic info I can read to learn exactly how to do this?
> Should I put them in the imap folder?
> Is there anything else I need to transfer from the local to remote to make
> this work?
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Insert, object, create from file, browse to the file, check link.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Frankly Speaking" <FranklySpeaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Hi,  Is it possible to have links between files saved in Word, Publisher
>> > and
>> > Powerpoint 2003? I have been working on a twenty page document saved in
>> > each
>> > program. As I make updates, can I have each of the files in each separate
>> > program updated when I make one new save?
>> > --
>> > Frankly Speaking

0
mary.sauer (2018)
9/12/2009 10:39:59 AM
Including external files in a Publisher web:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx

DavidF

"brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created many hyperlinks for my website below which do NOT work.
> They work fine on my local publisher file and I have transferred all the
> linked files to the remote site using FTP but doesn't work.
> Maybe I put them in the wrong remote folder but I have tried putting them
> in
> both the index_files and public_html and still doesn't work.
> Is there any basic info I can read to learn exactly how to do this?
> Should I put them in the imap folder?
> Is there anything else I need to transfer from the local to remote to make
> this work?
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Insert, object, create from file, browse to the file, check link.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Frankly Speaking" <FranklySpeaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Hi,  Is it possible to have links between files saved in Word,
>> > Publisher and
>> > Powerpoint 2003? I have been working on a twenty page document saved in
>> > each
>> > program. As I make updates, can I have each of the files in each
>> > separate
>> > program updated when I make one new save?
>> > --
>> > Frankly Speaking

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/12/2009 12:58:17 PM
That doesn't work. All it does is insert the file over the content of the
Publisher file

"brad" wrote:

> I have created many hyperlinks for my website below which do NOT work.
> They work fine on my local publisher file and I have transferred all the
> linked files to the remote site using FTP but doesn’t work.
> Maybe I put them in the wrong remote folder but I have tried putting them in
> both the index_files and public_html and still doesn’t work.
> Is there any basic info I can read to learn exactly how to do this?
> Should I put them in the imap folder?
> Is there anything else I need to transfer from the local to remote to make
> this work?
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > Insert, object, create from file, browse to the file, check link.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "Frankly Speaking" <FranklySpeaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,  Is it possible to have links between files saved in Word, Publisher and
> > > Powerpoint 2003? I have been working on a twenty page document saved in each
> > > program. As I make updates, can I have each of the files in each separate
> > > program updated when I make one new save?
> > > --
> > > Frankly Speaking

0
Brad (219)
9/13/2009 4:05:01 AM
Please read the article I presented you:

> That doesn't work. All it does is insert the file over the content of the
> Publisher file
>
> "brad" wrote:
>
>> I have created many hyperlinks for my website below which do NOT work.
>> They work fine on my local publisher file and I have transferred all the
>> linked files to the remote site using FTP but doesn't work.
>> Maybe I put them in the wrong remote folder but I have tried putting them
>> in
>> both the index_files and public_html and still doesn't work.
>> Is there any basic info I can read to learn exactly how to do this?
>> Should I put them in the imap folder?
>> Is there anything else I need to transfer from the local to remote to
>> make
>> this work?
>>

>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>> > Insert, object, create from file, browse to the file, check link.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "Frankly Speaking" <FranklySpeaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message

0
Nope8657 (939)
9/13/2009 1:58:07 PM
i think the problem is with FTP. i am not sure exactly which files to
transfer to the remote site and exactly which location they should be
transferred to

"brad" wrote:

> That doesn't work. All it does is insert the file over the content of the
> Publisher file
>
> "brad" wrote:
>
> > I have created many hyperlinks for my website below which do NOT work.
> > They work fine on my local publisher file and I have transferred all the
> > linked files to the remote site using FTP but doesn’t work.
> > Maybe I put them in the wrong remote folder but I have tried putting them in
> > both the index_files and public_html and still doesn’t work.
> > Is there any basic info I can read to learn exactly how to do this?
> > Should I put them in the imap folder?
> > Is there anything else I need to transfer from the local to remote to make
> > this work?
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> > > Insert, object, create from file, browse to the file, check link.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > >
> > > "Frankly Speaking" <FranklySpeaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Brad (219)
9/14/2009 3:44:02 AM
Brad,
Do you think you could start from the beginning and simply describe your
problem and what you have done, because(I for one) am compleltely confused.
Any FTP process  puts your files where YOU tell it. If the names are
diffferent then they will not be over written.
The directories where you place your files will vary between ISPs but you
should not ever load files into \index_files the best place is a directory
you create in the same directory as \inde_files is stored then it is yours
to put whatever files you like into it and reference them from your your web
page that you create in Publisher.

I do not see where you told us your WEB address or what version of Pub you
are using.

John G.

>i think the problem is with FTP. i am not sure exactly which files to
> transfer to the remote site and exactly which location they should be
> transferred to
>
> "brad" wrote:
>
>> That doesn't work. All it does is insert the file over the content of the
>> Publisher file
>>
>> "brad" wrote:
>>
>> > I have created many hyperlinks for my website below which do NOT work.
>> > They work fine on my local publisher file and I have transferred all
>> > the
>> > linked files to the remote site using FTP but doesn't work.
>> > Maybe I put them in the wrong remote folder but I have tried putting
>> > them in
>> > both the index_files and public_html and still doesn't work.
>> > Is there any basic info I can read to learn exactly how to do this?
>> > Should I put them in the imap folder?
>> > Is there anything else I need to transfer from the local to remote to
>> > make
>> > this work?

0
Greentest1 (225)
9/14/2009 6:19:36 AM
HI John

My website address is www.daltonwineltd.com and i am using 2007 Publisher.
I have created many links for my tasting notes which include: word, pdf and
jpeg
I have transferred all these linked docs to the remote public_html folder
using FTP but the links do not work on the website but they do work when i
test them on the local master publisher file. I understand that i cannot test
these links in preview.

"John G." wrote:

> Brad,
> Do you think you could start from the beginning and simply describe your
> problem and what you have done, because(I for one) am compleltely confused.
> Any FTP process  puts your files where YOU tell it. If the names are
> diffferent then they will not be over written.
> The directories where you place your files will vary between ISPs but you
> should not ever load files into \index_files the best place is a directory
> you create in the same directory as \inde_files is stored then it is yours
> to put whatever files you like into it and reference them from your your web
> page that you create in Publisher.
>
> I do not see where you told us your WEB address or what version of Pub you
> are using.
>
> John G.
>
> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i think the problem is with FTP. i am not sure exactly which files to
> > transfer to the remote site and exactly which location they should be
> > transferred to
> >
> > "brad" wrote:
> >
> >> That doesn't work. All it does is insert the file over the content of the
> >> Publisher file

0
Brad (219)
9/14/2009 6:51:01 AM
THanks David, i now understand that the 2007 publisher is different and i
need to  set the hyperlink to the internet address (URL) of the file , but
how do i do this? Do i do this on the master publisher file? I have already
manually uploaded the external linked docs to the remote public_html
directory but still doesn't work as i think i need to change the internet
address (URL) of the file.How do i do this?

"DavidF" wrote:

> Please read the article I presented you:
>
> Including external files in a Publisher web:
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx
>
> DavidF
>
> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > That doesn't work. All it does is insert the file over the content of the
> > Publisher file
> >
> > "brad" wrote:
> >
> >> I have created many hyperlinks for my website below which do NOT work.
> >> They work fine on my local publisher file and I have transferred all the
> >> linked files to the remote site using FTP but doesn't work.
> >> Maybe I put them in the wrong remote folder but I have tried putting them
> >> in
> >> both the index_files and public_html and still doesn't work.
> >> Is there any basic info I can read to learn exactly how to do this?
> >> Should I put them in the imap folder?
> >> Is there anything else I need to transfer from the local to remote to
> >> make
> >> this work?

0
Brad (219)
9/14/2009 6:59:01 AM
Your response to DavidF seems to be your problem.
All those links in Tasting Tips  point to  locations on your computer and of
course that is not accessible to me.
You should go back thru your PUB file and change the Hyperlinks  to their
place at your ISP.

John G.

> HI John
>
> My website address is www.daltonwineltd.com and i am using 2007 Publisher.
> I have created many links for my tasting notes which include: word, pdf
> and
> jpeg
> I have transferred all these linked docs to the remote public_html folder
> using FTP but the links do not work on the website but they do work when i
> test them on the local master publisher file. I understand that i cannot
> test
> these links in preview.
>
> "John G." wrote:
>
>> Brad,
>> Do you think you could start from the beginning and simply describe your
>> problem and what you have done, because(I for one) am compleltely
>> confused.
>> Any FTP process  puts your files where YOU tell it. If the names are
>> diffferent then they will not be over written.
>> The directories where you place your files will vary between ISPs but you
>> should not ever load files into \index_files the best place is a
>> directory
>> you create in the same directory as \inde_files is stored then it is
>> yours
>> to put whatever files you like into it and reference them from your your
>> web
>> page that you create in Publisher.
>>
>> I do not see where you told us your WEB address or what version of Pub
>> you
>> are using.
>>
>> John G.
>>
>> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i think the problem is with FTP. i am not sure exactly which files to
>> > transfer to the remote site and exactly which location they should be
>> > transferred to

0
Greentest1 (225)
9/14/2009 7:16:45 AM
I just worked out i need to change the address to a URL by changing the
address when i create the link in my PUb file but am not sure which address
to enter, can u give me an example knowing what my wesite URL is?

"John G." wrote:

> Your response to DavidF seems to be your problem.
> All those links in Tasting Tips  point to  locations on your computer and of
> course that is not accessible to me.
> You should go back thru your PUB file and change the Hyperlinks  to their
> place at your ISP.
>
> John G.
>
> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI John
> >
> > My website address is www.daltonwineltd.com and i am using 2007 Publisher.
> > I have created many links for my tasting notes which include: word, pdf
> > and
> > jpeg
> > I have transferred all these linked docs to the remote public_html folder
> > using FTP but the links do not work on the website but they do work when i
> > test them on the local master publisher file. I understand that i cannot
> > test
> > these links in preview.
> >
> > "John G." wrote:
> >
> >> Brad,
> >> Do you think you could start from the beginning and simply describe your
> >> problem and what you have done, because(I for one) am compleltely
> >> confused.
> >> Any FTP process  puts your files where YOU tell it. If the names are
> >> diffferent then they will not be over written.
> >> The directories where you place your files will vary between ISPs but you
> >> should not ever load files into \index_files the best place is a
> >> directory
> >> you create in the same directory as \inde_files is stored then it is
> >> yours
> >> to put whatever files you like into it and reference them from your your
> >> web
> >> page that you create in Publisher.
> >>
> >> I do not see where you told us your WEB address or what version of Pub
> >> you
> >> are using.
> >>
> >> John G.
> >>
> >> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Brad (219)
9/14/2009 7:26:01 AM
Once i work out which address to link to on the remote site can i test them
using preview before i upload? And which adress do i link them to? I have
read the article u sent the link for but am still working out which address
to link to when i create the link on the local PUb file

"John G." wrote:

> Your response to DavidF seems to be your problem.
> All those links in Tasting Tips  point to  locations on your computer and of
> course that is not accessible to me.
> You should go back thru your PUB file and change the Hyperlinks  to their
> place at your ISP.
>
> John G.
>
> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI John
> >
> > My website address is www.daltonwineltd.com and i am using 2007 Publisher.
> > I have created many links for my tasting notes which include: word, pdf
> > and
> > jpeg
> > I have transferred all these linked docs to the remote public_html folder
> > using FTP but the links do not work on the website but they do work when i
> > test them on the local master publisher file. I understand that i cannot
> > test
> > these links in preview.
> >
> > "John G." wrote:
> >
> >> Brad,
> >> Do you think you could start from the beginning and simply describe your
> >> problem and what you have done, because(I for one) am compleltely
> >> confused.
> >> Any FTP process  puts your files where YOU tell it. If the names are
> >> diffferent then they will not be over written.
> >> The directories where you place your files will vary between ISPs but you
> >> should not ever load files into \index_files the best place is a
> >> directory
> >> you create in the same directory as \inde_files is stored then it is
> >> yours
> >> to put whatever files you like into it and reference them from your your
> >> web
> >> page that you create in Publisher.
> >>
> >> I do not see where you told us your WEB address or what version of Pub
> >> you
> >> are using.
> >>
> >> John G.
> >>
> >> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Brad (219)
9/14/2009 7:41:01 AM
So it seems i need to upload all the external docs,pdf,jpeg on my local site
to index.htm? or do i just upload them public_html? and then change the
address to www.daltonwineltd.com/index.htm or
public_html/tastingnotes.doc/pdf/jpeg ?

"John G." wrote:

> Your response to DavidF seems to be your problem.
> All those links in Tasting Tips  point to  locations on your computer and of
> course that is not accessible to me.
> You should go back thru your PUB file and change the Hyperlinks  to their
> place at your ISP.
>
> John G.
>
> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI John
> >
> > My website address is www.daltonwineltd.com and i am using 2007 Publisher.
> > I have created many links for my tasting notes which include: word, pdf
> > and
> > jpeg
> > I have transferred all these linked docs to the remote public_html folder
> > using FTP but the links do not work on the website but they do work when i
> > test them on the local master publisher file. I understand that i cannot
> > test
> > these links in preview.
> >
> > "John G." wrote:
> >
> >> Brad,
> >> Do you think you could start from the beginning and simply describe your
> >> problem and what you have done, because(I for one) am compleltely
> >> confused.
> >> Any FTP process  puts your files where YOU tell it. If the names are
> >> diffferent then they will not be over written.
> >> The directories where you place your files will vary between ISPs but you
> >> should not ever load files into \index_files the best place is a
> >> directory
> >> you create in the same directory as \inde_files is stored then it is
> >> yours
> >> to put whatever files you like into it and reference them from your your
> >> web
> >> page that you create in Publisher.
> >>
> >> I do not see where you told us your WEB address or what version of Pub
> >> you
> >> are using.
> >>
> >> John G.
> >>
> >> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Brad (219)
9/14/2009 8:00:01 AM
http://www.daltonwineltd.com/2008%20BQ%20Cab%20Sav%20South%20Eastern%20Australia.doc

This is the address  i need to change for one of my linked docs which works
in preview. i will change them all then upload to test

"John G." wrote:

> Your response to DavidF seems to be your problem.
> All those links in Tasting Tips  point to  locations on your computer and of
> course that is not accessible to me.
> You should go back thru your PUB file and change the Hyperlinks  to their
> place at your ISP.
>
> John G.
>
> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI John
> >
> > My website address is www.daltonwineltd.com and i am using 2007 Publisher.
> > I have created many links for my tasting notes which include: word, pdf
> > and
> > jpeg
> > I have transferred all these linked docs to the remote public_html folder
> > using FTP but the links do not work on the website but they do work when i
> > test them on the local master publisher file. I understand that i cannot
> > test
> > these links in preview.
> >
> > "John G." wrote:
> >
> >> Brad,
> >> Do you think you could start from the beginning and simply describe your
> >> problem and what you have done, because(I for one) am compleltely
> >> confused.
> >> Any FTP process  puts your files where YOU tell it. If the names are
> >> diffferent then they will not be over written.
> >> The directories where you place your files will vary between ISPs but you
> >> should not ever load files into \index_files the best place is a
> >> directory
> >> you create in the same directory as \inde_files is stored then it is
> >> yours
> >> to put whatever files you like into it and reference them from your your
> >> web
> >> page that you create in Publisher.
> >>
> >> I do not see where you told us your WEB address or what version of Pub
> >> you
> >> are using.
> >>
> >> John G.
> >>
> >> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Brad (219)
9/14/2009 8:23:01 AM
NO NO you should not (and cannot) load your files into index.htm. IN fact
index.htm is a FILE not a direrctory and it was created by PUB and generally
should not be fiddled with until you learn a lot more.
As I said before you should create a directory of your own (may called
my_stuff) in the same directory  as index.htm is in and put your files
there.
The URLs that you enter will look someting like this

http://www.daltonwineltd.com/my_stuff/TNotes_05CR_CabMerlot_CH2960.pdf

John.g

> So it seems i need to upload all the external docs,pdf,jpeg on my local
> site
> to index.htm? or do i just upload them public_html? and then change the
> address to www.daltonwineltd.com/index.htm or
> public_html/tastingnotes.doc/pdf/jpeg ?
>
> "John G." wrote:
>
>> Your response to DavidF seems to be your problem.
>> All those links in Tasting Tips  point to  locations on your computer and
>> of
>> course that is not accessible to me.
>> You should go back thru your PUB file and change the Hyperlinks  to their
>> place at your ISP.
>>
>> John G.
>>
>> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HI John
>> >
>> > My website address is www.daltonwineltd.com and i am using 2007
>> > Publisher.
>> > I have created many links for my tasting notes which include: word, pdf
>> > and
>> > jpeg
>> > I have transferred all these linked docs to the remote public_html
>> > folder
>> > using FTP but the links do not work on the website but they do work
>> > when i
>> > test them on the local master publisher file. I understand that i
>> > cannot
>> > test
>> > these links in preview.

0
Greentest1 (225)
9/14/2009 8:35:32 AM
NO. I have loaded my external files into public_html
I hear you about the index files.lucky i didn't try it!
I have just changed the address to:
http://www.daltonwineltd.com/TNotes_NXG_06ShirazRose_CH2980.pdf
by editing the hyperlink address in PUB and it works fine. Simple

Only problem is the catalogue PDf link is broken. Any tips?
Everything else works

"John G." wrote:

> NO NO you should not (and cannot) load your files into index.htm. IN fact
> index.htm is a FILE not a direrctory and it was created by PUB and generally
> should not be fiddled with until you learn a lot more.
> As I said before you should create a directory of your own (may called
> my_stuff) in the same directory  as index.htm is in and put your files
> there.
> The URLs that you enter will look someting like this
>
> http://www.daltonwineltd.com/my_stuff/TNotes_05CR_CabMerlot_CH2960.pdf
>
> John.g
>
> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So it seems i need to upload all the external docs,pdf,jpeg on my local
> > site
> > to index.htm? or do i just upload them public_html? and then change the
> > address to www.daltonwineltd.com/index.htm or
> > public_html/tastingnotes.doc/pdf/jpeg ?
> >
> > "John G." wrote:
> >
> >> Your response to DavidF seems to be your problem.
> >> All those links in Tasting Tips  point to  locations on your computer and
> >> of
> >> course that is not accessible to me.
> >> You should go back thru your PUB file and change the Hyperlinks  to their
> >> place at your ISP.
> >>
> >> John G.
> >>
> >> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Brad (219)
9/14/2009 9:04:02 AM
Brad,
I should not have got into this discussion on this news group, we really
should be at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign which as the name suggests
is the proper place for web problems.
Personally I have never bothered with preview so just how to handle links I
am not sure.
Next. I would advise you to only upload PDF files if you expect people to
read them because not everyone has MS Word to read .doc files.
Next I think your site is far too wide, if there is a need to scroll to the
right on a screen of 1024 pixels then  many people will just turn off. I am
sure DavidF could fill in the satistics.

Pleas start your next question on MS.P.Publisher.webdesign

John G.

> http://www.daltonwineltd.com/2008%20BQ%20Cab%20Sav%20South%20Eastern%20Australia.doc
>
> This is the address  i need to change for one of my linked docs which
> works
> in preview. i will change them all then upload to test
>
> "John G." wrote:
>
>> Your response to DavidF seems to be your problem.
>> All those links in Tasting Tips  point to  locations on your computer and
>> of
>> course that is not accessible to me.
>> You should go back thru your PUB file and change the Hyperlinks  to their
>> place at your ISP.
>>
>> John G.
>>
>> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HI John
>> >
>> > My website address is www.daltonwineltd.com and i am using 2007
>> > Publisher.
>> > I have created many links for my tasting notes which include: word, pdf
>> > and
>> > jpeg
>> > I have transferred all these linked docs to the remote public_html
>> > folder
>> > using FTP but the links do not work on the website but they do work
>> > when i
>> > test them on the local master publisher file. I understand that i
>> > cannot
>> > test
>> > these links in preview.

0
Greentest1 (225)
9/14/2009 9:04:10 AM
I see that you and John G. have sorted out most of your questions and that
you have posted in the web design group. If you have unanswered questions,
please post there and we will try to help you.

DavidF

> THanks David, i now understand that the 2007 publisher is different and i
> need to  set the hyperlink to the internet address (URL) of the file , but
> how do i do this? Do i do this on the master publisher file? I have
> already
> manually uploaded the external linked docs to the remote public_html
> directory but still doesn't work as i think i need to change the internet
> address (URL) of the file.How do i do this?
>
> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> Please read the article I presented you:
>>
>> Including external files in a Publisher web:
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > That doesn't work. All it does is insert the file over the content of
>> > the
>> > Publisher file

0
Nope8657 (939)

Change link between form and subform

Publisher 200 crashes with "performed illegal operation"
I have a few Pub 2000 files on a flash disk and only one, the one I absolutely need, crashes when I try to open it. Pub starts to open but shuts down before anything else happens. Any suggestions as to why only one file does this. It is virtually all text at this point, I had imported text from other documents but everything was working fine until I tried to open it today. Any help would be appreciated You are welcome to send it to me and I'll see if it does the same for me. Please use my alternate Hotmail account - JL_Paules at ..... -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "...

linking #4

Opening xls files in word
When I open an excel file it opens in word. If I open Excel and then open the file it opens properly. How do I change the default to open all excel files in excel? Rich Rich, Open up Windows Explorer, click the 'Tools' toolbar and then 'Folder Options...'. Click the 'File Types' tab, and scroll down to find the XLS file extension. Highlight "XLS" - I think it will say that it's set to open with Microsoft Word. If so, click the 'Change' button and set it to open with Microsoft Ex...

Linked Forms

Computer shuts down when using Publisher 2002
I have an HP Pavilion ZE 5200 laptop with Publisher 2002 on it. Every time I go into Publisher to work on a document, the computer completely shuts down with no warning or error message. This problem only occurs on this program. Can anyone offer insight? MJ wrote: >I have an HP Pavilion ZE 5200 laptop with Publisher 2002 > on it. Every time I go into Publisher to work on a > document, the computer completely shuts down with no > warning or error message. This problem only occurs on > this program. Can anyone offer insight? ================================= Maybe you n...

find a word in sheet
Dear all, I want to use VBA to look for a word (for example "AAA") in one sheet. but I want to find this word sheet by sheet and then copy the this word (if find) to another sheet (for example,copy this word to sheet1) I don't know how to loop the sheet(one by one) and how to look for this work and then copy this word to another sheet. Thank you Sub FindThings() Dim s As String, i As Long s = "AAA" i = 1 Dim w As Worksheet, results As Worksheet Set ws = Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")) Set results = She...

Links not linking

end of file reached
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap when i try to send an email using imap account, using smtp <br> any ideas what this error is ? <br> and how to cure On 1/27/10 9:56 AM, in article 59bb1b90.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "markc0@officeformac.com" <markc0@officeformac.com> wrote: > when i try to send an email using imap account, using smtp > any ideas what this error is ? > and how to cure The file that has reached it's end is often the preferences file. Move the 'Microsoft...

Word as a Text Processor in Outlook w/ Exchange
Hi! Sice I set up a new Microsoft Exchange Server account in my Outlook 2003 SP2, I can't use any more Word as a text processor to write my e-mails. I only have the HTML option. So I don't have the nice Word feature (real time spell checking, etc.). Too bad... Any idea? Is there something I missed to set up on the Exchange Server? Help appreciated. Nicolas Check from within Outlook. Tools/Options/Mail Format and make sure you have the option to use "Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit my email messages" checked. "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> ...

changing colours of multiple items in Publisher 2000
Does anyone have any idea how I can change the colour of multiple items on a page? It is so time consuming to have to select and change the colour of each item individually - it would be so useful to be able to select all the items I need and change the colour en bloc. Do the newer Publisher packages have this facility (2003, 2007?) What items are you trying to chage? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Fluffbrain" <Fluffbrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B67BD6A-B0E8-45A9...

How do I import OE .dbx files into outlook?
Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important OE .dbx files. How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can access the content? Simon wrote: > Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important > OE .dbx files. > > How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can > access the content? Why do you no longer have OE on the old machine that crashed that we are to assume where you will reinstall the same version of Windows that before had OE? See http...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

OPENING FILE
I SUDDENLY CANNOT OPEN A FILE THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR OVER A YEAR. GETTING MESSAGE THIS IS A "READ ONLY" OR MAY HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED.....WHAT HAPPENED, AND CAN IT BE FIXED? find someone with xl2002 - this has a built in repair facility. You file has probably become corrupted. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy RUSS KING <WRCING2@AOL.COM> wrote in message news:03d201c36ab0$c7ba2780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I SUDDENLY CANNOT OPEN A FILE THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR > OVER A YEAR. GETTING MESSAGE THIS IS A "READ ONLY" OR MAY > HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED.....WHAT HAPPENED, AN...

links

Links

How do you customise CRM 4.0 Help file
In CRM 3.0 you could customise the help file for the specific organisation. How to do this in CRM 3.0 is avaliable at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa681364.aspx How do you customise CRM 4.0 Help file I'm sure I've seen it in the SDK for v4 "B" <B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69432EDD-6D5E-4AE5-B90C-66CA1AF9E7FD@microsoft.com... > In CRM 3.0 you could customise the help file for the specific > organisation. > How to do this in CRM 3.0 is avaliable at > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa681364.aspx > > H...

Licensing for Publisher 2002
I was told by a retailer of Microsoft Publisher that there is a license scheme for MS Publisher 2002 where you can install it on a Home computer and one Laptop. My wife uses a Home computer and then her laptop. How do you do that with the new registration methods? Thanks if you can help! Hi Mark, You can install your computer on your home desktop and your laptop. Activate your first install of Microsoft Publisher (most likely the desktop) over the internet (or phone). Once you install and try to activate Publisher on your laptop, you should be prompted that the copy of Publisher...

Virtual Memory and Page File Usage Spike
Outlook has been working fine for months--until now. When I launch, I get a message that it needs more Virtual Memory. When I open Task Manager, the PF Usage spikes to about 1.3GB. Takes forever to open. Slow to use. Outlook 2000 on XP. I've archived most of my email and even restored to a date previous to the problem appearing -- no joy. Help? --dawg ...

Office 2004: Word
Hi there, Anyone experiencing their Word 2004 running slow in OS X.10.3.4? I'm running on a G4 with RAM is 567 with plenty of HD space. Thanks for your help in advance. Cheers. What do you mean by running slow? Exactly what is slow? DM On 8/1/04 10:20 AM, "TKK" wrote: > Hi there, > > Anyone experiencing their Word 2004 running slow in OS X.10.3.4? I'm > running on a G4 with RAM is 567 with plenty of HD space. > > Thanks for your help in advance. > > Cheers. Hi Mitchell, After I type the word on the keyboard it then starts appearing on th...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

email links in Publisher pdf

Vista - Money 2005 Cannot open file
Installed Money Standard 2005 on new Vista Machine. Foillowed the following instructions; == Install Money 2005 by right-clicking Setup.exe from your CD and choosing RunAsAdministrator. Find the sample.mny file in your install folder. That may be "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005". Copy sample.mny file to your Documents folder in Vista. In Windows Explorer, right-click that file and choose RunAsAdministrator. It will do an update. Close Money. Reboot the computer. Then open Money and check that Help->About... says you then have version 14.0.*.1105. M...

How to exact individual pages from a microsoft publisher document
How do I exact individual pages from a microsoft publisher document and not loose any information that is on the page itself? Extract pages and do what with them? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Belinda" <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70447F4E-26F5-4008-9E44-68D59DDAC636@microsoft.com... > How do I exact individual pages from a microsoft publisher document and > not > loose any information that is on the page itself? Gather the entire page with the mouse,...