Linking images questions

I am preparing my 16 page newsletter for publication on offset printing. Most
images in the newsletter are jpegs, a few are TIFFs.

Once I insert all the images, I will convert them all to "Process Colors:
CMYK" under the "Commercial Printing Option."

I have a few questions about inserting images.

What is the advantage of "linking" an image instead of "embedding" it for
offset printing?

Also, if I do link an image to a file, do I have to size the image exactly as
it will appear in the newsletter before inserting it or can I insert the image
and then shrink it to the desired size?

Thanks for your help,
Larry

0
lgrossmn (5)

------=_NextPart_000_016C_01C4651F.30C22D40

Not a lot, as Publisher because of poor design embeds the whole picture =
in the file.

If you want to re-touch the pictures, it saves re-embedding them again.  =
However most organised people fix up their pictures first and foremost.
Linking if the picture is EPS does pass the original picture file format =
through to the final stage, however with the bugs you may hit the limit =
when you go to make a Postscript file.

You should always organise and fix up your pictures first and foremost.  =
It is advisable to make your pictures at 5% above the inserted size.  =
Reducing your pictures in Publisher will always degrade the final =
quality.

If you are doing commercial printing Serif PagePlus 9.0 is a far =
superior option in every way to Publisher.
The Serif Print Professional Printing Pak is a great informative =
resource.

--=20

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"
------=_NextPart_000_016C_01C4651F.30C22D40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Not a lot, as Publisher because of poor design embeds the whole =
picture in=20
the file.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you want to re-touch the pictures, it saves re-embedding them=20
again.&nbsp; However most organised people fix up their pictures first =
and=20
foremost.</DIV>
<DIV>Linking if the picture is EPS does pass the original picture file =
format=20
through to the final stage, however with the bugs you may hit the limit =
when you=20
go to make a Postscript file.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You should always organise and fix up your pictures first and=20
foremost.&nbsp; It is advisable to make your pictures at 5% above the =
inserted=20
size.&nbsp; Reducing your pictures in Publisher will always degrade the =
final=20
quality.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you are doing commercial printing <A=20
href=3D"http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus9/index.asp">Serif =
PagePlus 9.0</A>=20
is a far superior option in every way to Publisher.</DIV>
<DIV>The <A=20
href=3D"http://www.serif.com/store/serif/professionalprintingpack/index.a=
sp">Serif=20
Print Professional Printing Pak</A> is a great informative =
resource.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>"If you don't know where you are going,<BR>any road =
will=20
take you there!"</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_016C_01C4651F.30C22D40--

0
brains (331)
7/8/2004 9:10:10 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
��MS-Publisher�� <brains@here.com>!"...
> You should always organise and fix up your pictures first and
> foremost.  It is advisable to make your pictures at 5% above the
> inserted size.  Reducing your pictures in Publisher will always
> degrade the final quality.

So if you make the pictures at 5% of the inserted size, how are you going to
reduce them so they print at the right size without quality loss?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

IMAGES NOT SHOWING IN OUTLOOK
My operating system is Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Prof SP2. For the last day or two my images doesn't want to display in my mail item when I do a new email e.g. I do a print screen and I go into the body of my email (which is set to HTML) and paste the image. "X" is displayed instead of the image and I cannot see the image. I have checked all my settings and it is correct. If I go to another computer and open my Outlook 2003 mailbox, the image is indeed in the message (not showing an X but the image which was pasted). I deleted my outlook profile and recreated same. I have unsta...

Change link between form and subform

Using MSCRM remotely, pre-sale questions
Hello all, I want to know if I could make CRM part of my "virtual office". Would MSCRM work well in the following configuration? 1. Installed on MS SBS 2003 premium (I read the installing CRM on SBS 2003 instructions at the MS site) 2. The SBS would be installed on a dedicated server which would be hosted remotely at a quality server coloc 3. Up to five clients would access CRM from their PCs, laptops, or pocket PCs at their remote locations I don't know enough about SBS or MSCRM yet to know if the above would work well. Our company is made up of several people all ...

still can't load images!!!
Can't get images to rotate with corresponding records... no matter what. Many have made suggestions and none have worked so far. I've been around the world with this issue. Someone with A07 savvy, please come forward with a solution for me. Tried various image controls, OLE controls, embedded and linked options. NO Go!! Someone, please help! You'll have to re-post exactly what you're trying to accomplish, as this post in and of itself isn't enough. Bill <brucea@mtsigt.com> wrote in message news:27b1dbb8-3d08-4df8-832d-08f6966b7fe8@s13g2000prd.googlegroups.com......

linking #4

Linked Forms

Time question
I need a formula that would figure out what time it would have to be to complete a 40 hour week The information I have to plug in is this. Current total hours - 37 hrs 32 mins Current time is - 12:39 pm What time does it have to be to complete 40 hours? Seems like it should be simple but.... -- gueyo A1: 37:32:00 B1: 40:00:00 C1: 12:39 PM D1: =C1+(B1-A1) -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "gueyo" wrote: > I need a formula that w...

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

Address Book Question #2
How I can I change it so the address book in Outlook 2002 shows if the address is the email address or the fax number or a second email address? Right now it just shows the person's name in the address book when you choose contacts and you have to scroll over to see the display name. Thanks. The only to tell is the way you are already using i.e. by scrolling, no help to you but this has been greatly enhanced in Outlook 2003. "Mellisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d22201c42324$6758bc80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How I can I change it so ...

email links in Publisher pdf

Insert Into Values Question
Hi, This works.... INSERT INTO tblFileTypeDateExport (FileName) VALUES ('A0-' & Format(Date(),'mmddyyyy') & '.xls') This Does not.... INSERT INTO tblFileTypeDateExport (FileName) VALUES ('A0-' & Format(Date(),'mmddyyyy') & '.xls'), ('B0-' & Format(Date(), 'mmddyyyy); Why? Thanks for thinking about my question! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 Never mind, got it sorted out! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

Exchange 2003 performance Question
Hi all, This has been asked before, but its difficult sifting through 100's of messages. I have a single Domain in a Single Forest. We have two domain controllers 1 in our west coast office and 1 in our east coast office. They are connected by a VPN tunnel. The exchange server is located in West Coast office. both domain controllers are Global catalog servers and the RID,PID, and Infrastructure roles are handled by the West Coast Domain Controller. I ran the best practices analizer on the server and one thing it mentioned is that the query time for domain controller access and g...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

Thanks Bernie & another question
Your solution worked great! I'm now trying to come up with a spreadsheet as follows. Say I have a group of listings of parts we call assemblies in column B. These groups would each have a different name such as group1 etc. Each assembly would consist of 4 different parts in column C. What I would like to do is enter "1" for assembly 1 or "2" for assembly 2 and have excel find the 4 different parts for this assembly and bring them into cells d4 thru d8 along with their costs into column e. I've been trying different functions for this but just can'...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...

IPSec question
We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 F/E and B/E. We would like to setup IPSec between the F/E and B/E Exchange servers. Anyone know of any white papers that lays out the steps for doing this? I know the pro and cons of doing this, but this is what my company want's to do so I just need the steps to setting it up. Thanks for any and all help. Clayton http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821839 "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:ueLiPU$KFHA.3832@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > We are running Windows 2003 and E...