lining up numbers on calendar?

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C91045.3F6FA900

 As I was setting this up, I thought it sounds kind of picky (LOL)
 There are probably other templates that do more what I want, I just got =
to using this one. (I usually use the "understated" one and adapt it to =
what I want or think will work good)
 On this one (Varsity- Pub 2007) it seems like the numbers of the days =
are too far to the left under the names of the days up top.
 It looks okay in the template (the numbers are in boxes) but the lines =
don't show/print, otherwise.
 If you look at Sunday or  Sat you can see what number is under what =
day, because of the margins, but the others seem to be in the middle =
between two days.

http://www.kingcon.com/starchild/varsity.html

 Since the calendar is basically a table, is there a way of selecting it =
(just the days 1-30 or so) and moving it 2 spaces over to be more under =
the days up top?
  I've tried selecting and moving but it mainly does it just with what I =
have selectred (like one day) Same with lines I've tried to get (light =
fine) lines to show where the guidelines are.
  I have gone over the numbers and moved each one to the right a bit, =
but this is time consuming and a bother.
  I imagine it's the style (to have the numbers a bit to the left under =
the days) but it doesn't seem clear to me. If I look at a calendar I =
like to know which day is which date and not have to look at the margin =
and figure it out.
    I have been making these calendars to set on the desktop (got the =
idea it would be nice to have the current month's calendar right there)

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C91045.3F6FA900

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;As I was setting this up, I =
thought it sounds=20
kind of picky (LOL)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;There are probably other =
templates that do=20
more what I want, I just got to using this one. (I usually use the =
"understated"=20
one and adapt it to what I want or think will work good)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;On this one (Varsity- Pub 2007) =
it seems like=20
the numbers of the days are too far to the left under the names of the =
days up=20
top.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;It looks okay in the template =
(the numbers=20
are in boxes)&nbsp;but the lines don't show/print, =
otherwise.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;If you look at Sunday or&nbsp; =
Sat you can=20
see what number is under what day, because of the margins,&nbsp;but the =
others=20
seem to be in the middle between two days.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.kingcon.com/starchild/varsity.html">http://www.kingcon=
..com/starchild/varsity.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;Since the calendar is basically a =
table, is=20
there a way of selecting it (just the days 1-30 or so) and moving it 2 =
spaces=20
over to be more under the days up top?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; I've tried selecting and moving =
but it=20
mainly does it just with what I have selectred (like one day) Same with =
lines=20
I've tried to get (light fine) lines to show where the guidelines=20
are.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; I have gone over the numbers and =
moved each=20
one to the right a bit, but this is time consuming and a =
bother.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;I imagine it's the style =
(to have the=20
numbers a bit to the left under the days) but it doesn't seem clear to =
me. If I=20
look at&nbsp;a calendar I like to know which day is which date and not =
have to=20
look at the margin and figure it out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have been making =
these=20
calendars to set on the desktop (got the idea it would be nice to have =
the=20
current month's calendar right there)</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C91045.3F6FA900--

0
starchild (273)

Select the entire table, right-click, format table, cell properties tab. Change
the right text margin to .14. On the publication page, change the align the text
to right. You may want to leave the day row as is.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message
[...]

mary-sauer (6480)
9/6/2008 9:51:01 PM
You needn't change the margin, just change the text to right. It depends on how
much space looks good to you.

--
[...]

9/6/2008 9:52:53 PM
"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> You needn't change the margin, just change the text to right. It depends
> on how much space looks good to you.

 Okay

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message
> As I was setting this up, I thought it sounds kind of picky (LOL)
> There are probably other templates that do more what I want, I just got to
> using this one. (I usually use the "understated" one and adapt it to what
> I want or think will work good)
> On this one (Varsity- Pub 2007) it seems like the numbers of the days are
> too far to the left under the names of the days up top.
> It looks okay in the template (the numbers are in boxes) but the lines
> don't show/print, otherwise.
> If you look at Sunday or  Sat you can see what number is under what day,
> because of the margins, but the others seem to be in the middle between
> two days.
>
> http://www.kingcon.com/starchild/varsity.html
>
> Since the calendar is basically a table, is there a way of selecting it
> (just the days 1-30 or so) and moving it 2 spaces over to be more under
> the days up top?
>  I've tried selecting and moving but it mainly does it just with what I
> have selectred (like one day) Same with lines I've tried to get (light
> fine) lines to show where the guidelines are.
>  I have gone over the numbers and moved each one to the right a bit, but
> this is time consuming and a bother.
>  I imagine it's the style (to have the numbers a bit to the left under the
> days) but it doesn't seem clear to me. If I look at a calendar I like to
> know which day is which date and not have to look at the margin and figure
> it out.
>    I have been making these calendars to set on the desktop (got the idea
> it would be nice to have the current month's calendar right there)

0
starchild (273)
9/7/2008 12:09:09 AM
> Select the entire table, right-click, format table, cell properties tab.
> Change the right text margin to .14. On the publication page, change the
> align the text to right. You may want to leave the day row as is.

 AWESOME!
 Thanks

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message
> As I was setting this up, I thought it sounds kind of picky (LOL)
> There are probably other templates that do more what I want, I just got to
> using this one. (I usually use the "understated" one and adapt it to what
> I want or think will work good)
> On this one (Varsity- Pub 2007) it seems like the numbers of the days are
> too far to the left under the names of the days up top.
> It looks okay in the template (the numbers are in boxes) but the lines
> don't show/print, otherwise.
> If you look at Sunday or  Sat you can see what number is under what day,
> because of the margins, but the others seem to be in the middle between
> two days.
>
> http://www.kingcon.com/starchild/varsity.html
>
> Since the calendar is basically a table, is there a way of selecting it
> (just the days 1-30 or so) and moving it 2 spaces over to be more under
> the days up top?
>  I've tried selecting and moving but it mainly does it just with what I
> have selectred (like one day) Same with lines I've tried to get (light
> fine) lines to show where the guidelines are.
>  I have gone over the numbers and moved each one to the right a bit, but
> this is time consuming and a bother.
>  I imagine it's the style (to have the numbers a bit to the left under the
> days) but it doesn't seem clear to me. If I look at a calendar I like to
> know which day is which date and not have to look at the margin and figure
> it out.
>    I have been making these calendars to set on the desktop (got the idea
> it would be nice to have the current month's calendar right there)

0
starchild (273)
9/7/2008 12:09:25 AM
"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Select the entire table, right-click, format table, cell properties tab.
> Change the right text margin to .14. On the publication page, change the
> align the text to right. You may want to leave the day row as is.

 And, it goes to show the answer can be something right in front of you.
 I never thought about the "align right" option (with or without the
margins)

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message
> As I was setting this up, I thought it sounds kind of picky (LOL)
> There are probably other templates that do more what I want, I just got to
> using this one. (I usually use the "understated" one and adapt it to what
> I want or think will work good)
> On this one (Varsity- Pub 2007) it seems like the numbers of the days are
> too far to the left under the names of the days up top.
> It looks okay in the template (the numbers are in boxes) but the lines
> don't show/print, otherwise.
> If you look at Sunday or  Sat you can see what number is under what day,
> because of the margins, but the others seem to be in the middle between
> two days.
>
> http://www.kingcon.com/starchild/varsity.html
>
> Since the calendar is basically a table, is there a way of selecting it
> (just the days 1-30 or so) and moving it 2 spaces over to be more under
> the days up top?
>  I've tried selecting and moving but it mainly does it just with what I
> have selectred (like one day) Same with lines I've tried to get (light
> fine) lines to show where the guidelines are.
>  I have gone over the numbers and moved each one to the right a bit, but
> this is time consuming and a bother.
>  I imagine it's the style (to have the numbers a bit to the left under the
> days) but it doesn't seem clear to me. If I look at a calendar I like to
> know which day is which date and not have to look at the margin and figure
> it out.
>    I have been making these calendars to set on the desktop (got the idea
> it would be nice to have the current month's calendar right there)

0
starchild (273)
9/7/2008 12:11:13 AM
 Just for the record (for anyone searching for this someday)
I ran the mouse over the days (not the names of them) and clicked "align
center" up in the top bar, and they lined up perfectly.
Didn't have to do anything to the margin, but that's something to remember
for other setups.
 Sometimes it's right there, plain and simple.

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> You needn't change the margin, just change the text to right. It depends
> on how much space looks good to you.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message
> As I was setting this up, I thought it sounds kind of picky (LOL)
> There are probably other templates that do more what I want, I just got to
> using this one. (I usually use the "understated" one and adapt it to what
> I want or think will work good)
> On this one (Varsity- Pub 2007) it seems like the numbers of the days are
> too far to the left under the names of the days up top.
> It looks okay in the template (the numbers are in boxes) but the lines
> don't show/print, otherwise.
> If you look at Sunday or  Sat you can see what number is under what day,
> because of the margins, but the others seem to be in the middle between
> two days.
>
> http://www.kingcon.com/starchild/varsity.html
>
> Since the calendar is basically a table, is there a way of selecting it
> (just the days 1-30 or so) and moving it 2 spaces over to be more under
> the days up top?
>  I've tried selecting and moving but it mainly does it just with what I
> have selectred (like one day) Same with lines I've tried to get (light
> fine) lines to show where the guidelines are.
>  I have gone over the numbers and moved each one to the right a bit, but
> this is time consuming and a bother.
>  I imagine it's the style (to have the numbers a bit to the left under the
> days) but it doesn't seem clear to me. If I look at a calendar I like to
> know which day is which date and not have to look at the margin and figure
> it out.
>    I have been making these calendars to set on the desktop (got the idea
> it would be nice to have the current month's calendar right there)

0
starchild (273)

tab numbers in onenote
how do you get the tabs to display numbers as in 1 2 3 4 etc. Go here: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.onenote -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29A2C049-1033-4234-B0F0-CA69131DFBF0@microsoft.com... > how do you get the tabs to display numbers as in 1 2 3 4 etc. ...

limit on number of accounts in outlook?
Hi - new here. I can usually figure stuff out myself but this one has really got me stumped. I have multiple email accounts on my own domains and multiple email accounts with my ISP. Outlook will retrieve mail for as many ISP accounts as I wish to setup. But Outlook chokes when I have more than four email accounts from my domains set up. I get a send receive error even though when I test the account in the account setup dialog, everything works fine. I have set up my domain email accounts in two other email apps and have no problem sending and receiving from them. I have even imported...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Today's date on an Active X Calendar
Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! Thanks for any help. CEL504 wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I > have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. > > I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! > > Thanks for any help. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/1564d683ede98f8c Jame...

RMS should allow the transfer of serial numbers automatically.
When transfering items that have serial numbers from store to store , there should be a feature to allow the export and import of the serial numbers especially using headquaters. In this way you won't need to rescan 500 -1000 items when you are dispacthing and then all over again when you receive it . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Change Number to Actual Text
I would like to change a number to actual text, for example: 1 would be 'one' or 1278 would be 'one thousand two hundred seventy-eight' Is this possible? Thanks! Jimmi ...

Automatically Increment Row Numbers
I have a spreadsheet with a list of names on a waiting list, and I have each row numbered incrementally using the formula =A1+1 etc. However, when I delete a row (when someone 'drops out' of the waiting list) the row numbers below come up with an error (#REF!). I have also tried to number the rows using Excel's automatic list, but when I remove a row the row number also disappears (ie row number 9 follows straight after 7, rather than changing to 8). What I would like the spreadsheet to do is this: I have a list: 1 John Smith 2 Joe Blogss 3 Katie Merryfield 4 Ian Jones 5 ...

Restricting number of viewings?
Without using macros, is there a way to allow someone to view an application only once or twice, after which point they could no longer view the spreadsheet (for example, if I want to send a worksheet sample that I don't want to be used permenantly). I don't think so, you can restrict access with macros but this can be overcome by opening the workbook with macros disabled. You can also write code to prevent a workbook being opened unless macros are enabled, but this is overcome quite easily by anyone with a little knowledge of Excel and VBA. In short, Excel is not designed for securit...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Copying and pasting between calendars
In Outlook 2003 I was able to copy text from a calendar and then paste directly to another (I have access to 2 calendars in Outlook for updating and diary management). This function doesn't appear to work in Outlook 2007 so it means I am tying the same information twice. Is there a soln to this issue? Many thanks -- Kaye You need to tell us how you did it in 2003 and why this same procedure does not work in 2007 and what error messages you receive. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook ...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

how do I number a form for repeated use?
I am trying to create a template form that will number the form automatically. I will be using this for to invoice from and want it to number each one so a number can't be skipped or used twice. What can I do. The only thing I have done is used a spinner button, but this has to be changed each time on the form and doesn't relate back to the template. Nicole Check out JE mcGimpsey's site for VBA methods to produce sequential invoice numbers. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:31:05 -0700, "Nicole-A&quo...

Lookup Function? Employee Number with Employee Name
I have a spreadsheet that I believe that I need some form of LOOKUP function, but have been unable to find the type that I need. I have a column "C" that has an employee number in it. I have created a table on Sheet 2 with the Employee Number and the corresponding Employee Name in that table. I want to have the column "D" on Sheet 1 to automatically fill in the Employee Name based on the Employee Number in column "C". What type of function would this be? and suggestions on syntax? Thanks for the help. =VLOOKUP(c1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) Or for instan...

Extend Number of columns
Hi I use excel for annual schedulig but number of the columns are less than what I need. Is it possible to increase that? thk hme -- hme ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15930 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=536686 256 columns per sheet is all you get -- mudraker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473 Vi...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Help with total page number and number of copies
I'm trying to have displayed, somewhere in the footer, the total numbe of pages printed (rather than just the total number of pages); so if have one sheet and print it twelve times it say the page total i twelve on the sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi which Excel version do you have?. There should be a symbol in the custom header/footer section to insert this information -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I'm trying to have displayed, somewhere in the footer, the total > number of pages printed (rather than just the total number of pages);...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

Chapter numbers
My spreadsheet/workbook consists of approx. 80 worksheets. Each worksheet should be considered a page. I have inserted sequential page numbers in the footer. However, is there a way I can insert a chapter number before each page number, i.e., 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc? And if I can be even more greedy, is there a way I can "break" the chapter numbers within my workbook, so that the first 40 pages will paginate as 1-2, 1-2, 1-3, etc., and the last 40 pages will paginate as 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, etc.? Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .Page...

Build numbers?
Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to incorporate build numbers into your automated build scripts? I have a batch file that builds my project. I can run it nightly if necessary or on demand. I would like it to increment the build number each time I run it such that I can right-click on my binaries and see it in the version properties. Any thoughts on where to store this build number and how to pass it to the build command? Ken wrote: > Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to incorporate build numbers > into your automated build scripts? > > I have a batch...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

duplicate voucher number the same payment number exist
Two different transaction but same payment number. One is already posted that's why the error appeared duplicate keys every time i posted the other transaction. Why is it that there is a duplicate number since the transaction made in different time although same day! I saw it in pm10300. i need to post the other transaction but i cannot post because of that posted payment number exist. What can i do? any body can help me regarding this matter. thank you! magar I would delete the payment and redo the task. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MC...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...