Line Spacing and Line Justification

I am a Publisher novice.

On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide.  Below the slide I
drew a line and copied that same line multiple times.

How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance?

How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting
point on the left side of the page?

Regards,

Mercury
0
Mercury (2)

The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding
the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline.
If you go the copy route, place the cursor arrow where you want the paste to appear,
right-click, paste.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mercury" <Mercury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a Publisher novice.
>
> On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide.  Below the slide I
> drew a line and copied that same line multiple times.
>
> How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance?
>
> How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting
> point on the left side of the page?
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
>

> Regards,
>
> Mercury

0
gsauer (5094)
10/9/2005 12:38:56 PM
Or you can place the first line and the last line where you want them, create how
many lines you need between, use the distribute tool and alignment tool in the
arrange menu.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding
> the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline.
> If you go the copy route, place the cursor arrow where you want the paste to
> appear, right-click, paste.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Mercury" <Mercury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am a Publisher novice.
>>
>> On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide.  Below the slide I
>> drew a line and copied that same line multiple times.
>>
>> How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance?
>>
>> How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting
>> point on the left side of the page?
>>
>> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Mercury

0
gsauer (5094)

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Word 2007 doc having trouble with white space above paragraph
I am trying to format a 20 page document. I added hard page breaks and now if I hit the enter key to put a certain paragraph on a page I get large amounts of white space above certain paragraphs that will not go away by backspace or trying to deleting them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Csalaun00, Just an idea but have you checked Page-layout tab, Page setup group, dialog starter button, format tab, next to align vertically should be top instead of centered. If it is not that check the paragraph formatting, maybe you applied a large amount of pace before or after the...

Capture Space within String
My function SplitName below correctly parses a last/firstname string with or without a comma between the name pair. The only problem I have is if the last/first name is passed to the function with no "space" after the comma. If you look at "TEST 2" below, you'll noticce that the first character "M" in the first name variable gets cut off when the space after the separating comma is not used. Can someone help me modify my function so the function will correctly return the last and first name no matter if it's used with or without the leading space a...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

reading line by line
Dear all, I have a big problem, but I don't known how excel can solve it. I have a sheet with like it: process process_line status values_USD 0255155 10 44 10 0255155 20 44 20 0255156 10 33 11 0255156 20 44 21 0256157 10 33 12 0256157 20 33 22 0256157 30 33 23 0256158 10 ...

Adding a line to the line/column chart?
Is there anyway I can add a second line to the line/column chart? Basically I have 3 sets of data that I want to plot vs. time on the same graph. 1 using the column format, the other 2 being lines connected by data points. Create the chart using all the data, right click on the one you want to change to a line and select chart type from the dialogue box and choose the type you want. There are a few restrictions on the mix you can have though. -- John MOS Master Instructor Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Steven"...

Can I link timeline labels to a line chart?
I've been trying to do this for a bit and can't seem to find a way. I am trying to do a line chart of weekly sales for two product lines over several years (2 separate lines). What I would like to do is overlay labels for press releases (so you can see if they have an impact on sales) on the same chart, and have a line from the name of the press release to the correct corresponding point on the line chart that is "active", so as more points are added to the chart, the line indicating the unit corresponding to the date of the press release will move also. Additionally, the...

fonts line by line
I'm doing line by line translation. How can I easily use different fonts for alternating lines? Assuming you're pressing Enter at the end of each line, so each line is a separate paragraph: Define two paragraph styles, one for each font.* In the definition of each style, specify the other style as the "style for following paragraph". *In case you don't know, to define a style, click Format > Styles and Formatting (Word 2003 and earlier) or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Word 2007) to open the Styles pane, then click the New Style button. -- Regards, Jay ...

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

Write from one file to a specific line of another
I need to make Excel read a value from a specific cell (A3 for instance) in a specific file (Input file), read a group of cells on that file (for instance D5:G5) and write them in a specific row (that corresponds to the value in cell A3) on a different file (Database). It would be really helpfull if somebody could give me some help on that. Thanks in advance Savvo, Would you want to overwrite the values that are already there, or would you want to insert a blank row? Is the value in A3 a row number? Where to you want D5:G5 to go? D to G of Database? Or would you rather that the numbers j...

Making Equal Spacing between --> X-Axis = Y-Axis, in a char
Hi, I'm trying to plot a simple x, y chart (using a scatter chart) and I can't figure out how to control the chart so that the X-axis spacing is equal to the Y-axis spacing. Excel (I'm using 2007) usually draws the chart so that the X-Axis is longer than the Y-Axis. And what I'd like is to have them be the same. Is there a setting (or work-around) somewhere that restricts, or links the spacing between these two Axis so that they plot on the same scale and distance? I'm trying to study and create a few cross sections for a Kayak Design and I can't afford t...

simple line graph
I am a church consultant, and I want to make a simple line graph to paste into my Powerpoint presentation, showing the rise and fall of our membership numbers, from nothing up to 11 million, and then down to 7 million. I don't know how to do that. Tom in Texas Why not just create the chart in PowerPoint? It uses the same tools, as does Excel. You don't give enough info regarding the data to be plotted for any specific direction, but if you have a look at either Word or PPT Help on the topic: Create a chart you shouldn't have any problem. HTH |:>) Bob Jones ...

Can't change desktop icon spacing
I have my display resolution set to 1280x1024. The icons on the desktop are smaller then I like. I opened the desktop 'display properties/appearance/advanced'. under 'item/icon', I increased the size of the icons and that worked. After that, they were crowded together so I tried to increase the horizontal and vertical spacing between them. That doesn't work (they don't move). Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Jim B. PS: on the arrange icons menu 'align to grid' is checked. If I uncheck this, would I be able to change the spacing (i...

Drawing lines in a CListCtrl
Hi, I am using a CListCtrl in LVS_ICON mode to create a tree structure of my icons (which are the bones of a skinned mesh). I have the icons all drawing OK, but would like to draw a red line to link a parent to a child and a blue line to link siblings. I have tried various ways of getting the lines to draw, but cannot get the control to draw both the items and lines at the same time. If I over-ride the WM_PAINT message in my CListCtrl derived class and draw the lines, I cannot see the items. If instead I write a separate routine to draw the lines that is called by the dialog class, ...

Subject Line Warning
Hi, I have a quick Outlook XP & 2003 question. I used to use Netscape Messenger as an email client and there you would be warned whenever you tried to send an email without a subject line. It would allow you to go back and add a subject line or to ignore it and continue. Is there a similar functionality in Outlook that can be activated? Kind regards Vyyk No - it's not built into Outlook. There are addins that will warn you or you can write some VBA. There may be code samples at outlookcode.com. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Ho...

Shame Question on copying lines after the next line
I did forgot even the vert basics, so please excuse the next question which is very easy or so I think. I have a sheet. If one criteria is met, I copy the line, and paste it in another sheet, after the last line already copied. Up to now my code is. If Len(Range("b" & i)) = 79 Then Range("A" & i, "D" & i).Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Exports").Select Range("A1").Select Selection.End(xlDown).Select Selection.End(xlDown).Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A1").Sel...