layout guides and page set up

Hi Everyone

i have layout guides that i use to for templates, but when i turn the page
from portrait to landscape the layout guides don't move with the paper the
just resize themselves to fit along the landscape - what is the best way to
have the layout guides move when the page is changed?

Thanks Heaps
Patchie
0
Patch (14)

There is no best way, the only way is to manually reposition the guides. The
guides don't actually change position, you can test this by creating guides in
the center horizontal and vertically. When you change the orientation the guides
are still centered.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Patch" <Patch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone
>
> i have layout guides that i use to for templates, but when i turn the page
> from portrait to landscape the layout guides don't move with the paper the
> just resize themselves to fit along the landscape - what is the best way to
> have the layout guides move when the page is changed?
>
> Thanks Heaps
> Patchie

0
mary-sauer (6480)

set-up assistant fails
Installed Office 2008 successfully on 3 of 4 computers. The 4th computer appeared to install successfully, HOWEVER, the set-up assistant fails every time I attempt to open any of the Office apps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, restarted the computer and restarted Office. None of these helped. Any suggestions? Thank-you! I suggest that you tell us what version of Computer and Operating System you are using. Otherwise we can't answer :-) On 5/03/08 4:19 AM, in article ee8fabc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "txtwinmom@officeformac.com" <txtwinmom@officeformac.com>...

ASPX "Page Cannot be Displayed" After 1 Hr
Hi, I have a ASPX Page which imports a high quantity of data on the server, but exactly after 1Hr of execution, the page shows "Page Cannot Be Displayed", the data is still getting imported in the background, i tried increasing the sessionTimeOut as well. Can Anyone please suggest any solution for this ...

What's the difference between the blue and pink guides?
Just moving over from Word (Office 2002/XP Pro) to Publisher 2002 - 0) What's the difference between the blue and pink guides? 1) It looks like we can set up guides and then snap images to them. Is this the best way to align images (using "master doc") the same way through a document? 2) Is it possible to do a macro to align an image to a guide? (We positioned images in Word using a macro tied to a toolbar button.) 3) Best way to resize images the same throughout a doc? Do a macro? 4) How do I record a macro? Don't see where to do that. Have you heard of the H...

An error has occurred in the script on this page
I get the error when trying to print email messages out of Outlook 2000. An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 297 Char: 26 Error: Expected ')' Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg Can you please help me with a solution to this problem? Thanks Wayne ...

Background color on 1 page only in Word 2007
Is there any way to apply a background color to one page only, the first page in a document, in Word 2007? I'm trying to creat as cover from scratch. I don't need to put it in the cover gallery, unless that's the way to do it. I tried to create a cover and it didn't inherit the background color when I put it into the gallery. I'm stumped! I figured out how to get my color on one page. Thanks! "adolpet" wrote: > Is there any way to apply a background color to one page only, the first page > in a document, in Word 2007? > > I'...

wbs layout
hi. i've created a wbs chart in visio(2003) based on info in ms project (2003). problem is that although they are ordered sequentially they are not charted sequentially in visio. children belong to correct parents but numbering could be 1.4 then 1.1 then 1.6 etc. is there anyway i can correct this issue ? cheers. ...

Setting up a web page as a team project
Need to design and illustrate a practical application to demonstrate a workable web page prior to implimentation. This is also a Business management class workshop exercise requiring a grade. -- hm If you are a customer of Publisher and have an issue with using Publisher, we'll be glad to help. Anything other then that, including doing your home work, you should take elsewhere. -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "05hm46" wrote: > Need to design and illustrate a practical application to demonstrate a > workabl...

layout
Hi. I've created a spread sheet that contains a very long list going across in columns , dates going down in rows. For easy data input, I've shaded every second column in yellow. The problem is, if at some stage, I need to insert a new column, I end up with either 2 clear columns or 2 yellow ones (depending where I insert it), then have to spend ages rearranging all the columns to have alternate colours. Also if I need to paste or move the contents of a cell, it takes the shade with it, which is fine if you're putting it in a cell with the same colour. Am I making sense? I&#...

somehow I shrunk my page, going to 8x11/2 wont correct it !
in excel somehow I shrunk the page. Going to 8x11 1/2 letter size wont change it. how can I correct it? change it, correct it. what does that mean? You haven't described the problem, what you had, what you wanted to do, what you did, what you got instead. Possible LastCell problem: You might use Ctrl+End to find where the end of the data is according to Excel. If that does not match what you think it is you might try running macro at (below) which would fix all worksheets in the entire workbook at one time. Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?,...

printing extra pages.
I designed a booklet using half page 8.5 X 11 (each page is 5.5 X 8.5) All went well until printing. On two different printers, a Canon inkjet and an HP laserjet it always prints an extra 8.5 X 11 page. I did all the usual checkings about margins etc. to no avail. I then started a new publication. I selected a 5.5 X 8.5 document in the form of a half page letter size with absolutely no text, pictures or anything. I tried printing this completely blank document on the two printers. Same problemm, an extra, unwanted page was printed. Any ideas? -- Bert Christensen, Toronto, Ontario we...

"auto capitalize" first letter in notebook layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel while typing notes most of the time the first word i type will always auto capitalize wether it be at beginning of paragraph, new bullet, new sentence, etc. you get the idea. i have recently ran into an issue where it will be "auto capitalizing" fine, then i will look up and mid way thru my notes it just stopped doing this... i did not stop typing or make any format changes. did not switch views, NOTHING... literally was typing several bullets and topics and randomly mid way thru it stop. this has happened a fe...

Printing Page Numbers for Multiple Worksheets
I am trying to print an entire workbook and would like the page numbe to be specific to each worksheet set. For example, my workbook contains 7 sheets, each of which has a uniqu header that contains the command for Page X of X Pages. Each shee contains multiple pages. If I print the entire workbook, I can get the printout for each shee to begin with a 1 by manually setting the First Page setting to "1" i Page Setup. No problem there. However, my question is...Can I control the command for "X Pages"? Fo example, when I print the entire workbook, I'd like the first ...

Deleting pages from a spreadsheet
I've created a spreadsheet for to use for stats. For some reason each of my tabs has more than one page. I only have data on the first page. How do I delete the other pages? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ramona Meeks wrote: > I've created a spreadsheet for to use for stats. For some > reason each of my tabs has more than one page. I only > have data on the first page. How do I delete the other > pages? ...

show total in each page , How
I have a report which is contains : ID , Name , Salary ..... etc , 1.................. 2................ 3.............. page 1 total [salary] = ??? -------------------------------------------------------- ID , Name , Salary ..... etc , 1.................. 2................ 3.............. page 2 total [salary] = ??? please tell me How ??? shwan wrote: >I have a report which is contains : >ID , Name , Salary ..... etc , >1.................. >2................ >3.............. > > >page ...

Incomming Email Settings
Could anyone explain me in details what impact will be if i change the Incomming Email Setting in (Click Settings, click Business Unit Settings, and then click Queues. Double-click the queue in which you want to route the e-mail messages. In the Queue page, click All incoming e-mail in the Convert to e-mail activities area. or Only e-mail about existing Microsoft CRM records..... Thanks SAB ...

Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 box wont work in Active Directory setting.
We are currently operating in an NT domain system and I tried a test upgrade to Windows 2003 Active Directory. My current setup is as follows: Sonicwall Firewall/Router as the DHCP server NT 4.0 PDC Server NT 4.0 BDC Server(which i upgraded after taking PDC offline) 2 Windows 2003 member servers NT 4.0 Server with Exchange 5.5 When I did the test upgrade, and made sure DNS was running on the new machine and pointing to itself, I could still surf the net, I could logon to the new Windows 2003 boxes, but the email didn't go through. I'm thinking it is because I don't have the inte...

wordart layout issue
I've used Wordart in a header in Word. Then: Format/Autoshape/Layout/Advanced/Text Wrapping/Through. Now, I'd like to select and modify the Wordart but I can no longer select it. I've tried Select Object, double-click, etc., can't select it. Any ideas how to select it? Use the white select arrow on the drawing toolbar. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ...

set reminders to open on top?
using ol03. is there a way to get reminders to pop up on top of other open windows? It should do that already; it's not even a setting. Taking focus issues are most often caused by your videocard driver. Update to the latest version or rollback to the previous version if you are already running the latest version. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "jeffrey" <astro46@excite.com> wrote in message news:kYyTd.35...

OWA personal contacts home page
I am running Exchange 2K3 on a Windows 2003 AD. My clients outlook 2003 has the contacts home page set to the sharepoint services contact list. When the same user logs in using OWA the contacts are no longer linked to the WSS contacts. How would I go about getting this to work correctly? TIA, Tony ...

limiting text to one page
I program in Access and don't know much about excel, but a customer passed me a workbook and asked me to take a crack at it. I have an excel workbook with a worksheet where the user is asked to enter information about their Agency. The text entered can have paragraphs, etc, but needs to be limited to one page. Is it possible to put a limitation on the amount of text based on the dimensions of the printed page (worksheet)? Before I go any further, it would be good for me to know this. TIA! All depends upon what size font you want to see when printing. In print setup you can set a lar...

XL producing bizarre page layouts
I've been working on a 12-page worksheet for several days with Excel 2003, running XP, SP1. This morning, when I attempted to print it, the 12 pages printed out as three pages, with the pages printijng landscape orientation, but in tiny size down the left margin. I saw that Page Setup was set to "Fit to: 1 to 1," but the "Adjust to:" setting above--while unchecked--was set to 10%, so I tried to set it to 100%. I also experience the page allowing only the page width, about 7.5 inches, though it is printing in landscape. In other words, a wide column that previously had...

Different Last Page on Form
Is there a way to have a form print a completely different last page? I need to have the system print a Terms and Conditions page for every purchase order. It is a complete page worth of legal jargon. So I need it to print the order clean and then on the last page to print the Ts&Cs. I do not know a way to do this within GP report writer without customization - you may want to use SRS or some other reporting tool. I believe next release of GP will have reporting available thru MS Word. On Sep 25, 11:18=A0am, AllenMc <Alle...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way ...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...

Newbie-layout
I've never used Publisher before and have created a postcard that has a message/picture on the "front" of the card. Is there a template to create the return address and to address on the back of the card where I am going to put the stamp? Also, do I have to make a seperate card for the back and after printing the front of the card, flip the paper over to print the address lines/stamp area on the back? Thanks in advance. Jeff You need to setup a merge for the addresses. It is a separate publication. You will not have to merge the return address, type it into a text box,...

In a List Control with a Background image How to set the SkMode of Text as TRANSPARENT
Hey Friends I have created a List Ctrl (with LVS_REPORT)and used SetBkImage to set a BackGround image for th list control. Now when i add some items to it using InsertItem the full row becomes white which i do not want.Is the Custom Draw is the only option or this came into the mind of designers of List Control and they have provided some better solution. Custom draw is the only option. Be aware that some controls (like CEdit) malfunction badly with transparent backgrounds; I have never tried this with list controls (it should work, but it should have worked in CEdits as well...) ...