Large file edit

How can I retrieve and edit a large text (735 mb) file
using Publisher 2003?

My computer have 1024mb (SDRAM) memory.

Each time I try to load the file via the "from exiting
publication" I get the message "Windows is low on memory.
save your work and close other programs before you
continue working" (all programs are closed)!

How much memory does Publisher 2003 require, or what is
it's maximum file size capability?

0
anonymous (74717)

Turn off "script blocking" in Norton.
Does this error occur in safe mode? Could be a printer driver...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Sterling Sandq" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I retrieve and edit a large text (735 mb) file
> using Publisher 2003?
>
> My computer have 1024mb (SDRAM) memory.
>
> Each time I try to load the file via the "from exiting
> publication" I get the message "Windows is low on memory.
> save your work and close other programs before you
> continue working" (all programs are closed)!
>
> How much memory does Publisher 2003 require, or what is
> it's maximum file size capability?

0
gsauer (5094)

delete user junk files (temp, cookies and temp. internet files) via login script
hello, I've been searching for a way to delete user junk files like it states in subject box. Setting IE settings to clear temp files when the browser is closed does NOT work. Making disk space 0 for temp files also leaves plenty of junk files behind. The only way I have seen to clear the files is manually. I've found this script to erase the junk files. It works by putting it in the all users folder in startup. c: cd\ cd C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files del *.* /f/s/q cd \ cd c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local ...

max file size over !!! can't open ..
pst file is bigger than 2 GB .. So, outlook isn't work .. what should I do ? Try this: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous <doogie@kt.co.kr> asked: | pst file is bigger than 2 GB .. | | So, outlook isn't work .. | | what should I do ? there is a tool.. I forget the name.. it will chop off X amount of MB ...

an algorithm to regroup the same data in a text file
Hi there: I want to generate an algorithm to regroup the same data in a text file. There is a text file, for example, having the following data: 1 1 0.720 2.500 2.300 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.720 2.500 2.300 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 0 0.100 0.100 4.000 3.800 0.000 0.000 1 0 0.100 0.100 4.000 3.800 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.075 1.500 1.400 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.075 1.500 1.400 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.075 1.500 1.400 0.000 0.000 0.000 The algorithm reads these data from text file and regroups them into different groups (each group has the same data,...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

A Method to get bytes of file without loading file?
I haven't used File.Length yet so I don't know but I have to write some validation that requires learning how many bytes are in a file. Is there some way to query a file without loading the file into memory? And if I learn there's a way to do this with Javascript I just might pee my pants I'll be so happy :-) Hi, For C#, see : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.fileinfo.length.aspx Some more context could help but if you meant you would like to do this client side from js code embedded in an HTML page, you can't for safety reasons... ...

Off-Line file question
Outlook 2003 running on XP SP2 I've enabled my pst files to be synchronised Off-line - what I can't fathom out is where I point Outlook on my laptop to, to enable it to use the Off-line pst when not connected to the network. I'm probably missing something very simple here, but can someone enlighten me? Thanks PST-files? OST-files are being used to cache the Exchange mailbox. Could you tell us a little more about your setup like account types being used and where you store all your data files? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Prop...

Email large messages
Hi, I have to email large DWG & zip files attached to email messages and have been having trouble with breaking apart large mess. in outlook express. I set maximum file size to 1500KB but they never seem to get reconstituted on the receiving end. If I send a message with a 6MB attachment the receiving end gets 4 file: 1 of 4, 2 of 4.... 4 of 4 and so on and they can not do anything with it. Thanks for any help. Joe This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of thes...

How large is a chart?
I am just asking out of curiosity. How large, in kilobytes, is a chart; say, a 1000-point x-y scatter? I had a large file whose size was halved when the charts were deleted (actually, they were lost, along with formats and scenarios, when the file got corrupted; see "story" below). In my non-expert view, it should not be so large, because the only information unique to the chart is its position, size, format, and similar details. The actual data itself is contained in the data-range cells, so should not have to be repeated in the chart itself. Not only the formulas but th...

How to config for exchange & local files
I have a home office setup. Due to bandwidth constraints I created a local file for my contacts, notes, & tasks, but mail & calender are on the exchange server (I need everyone to see my calender). This works fine. However, if I view Outlook Today or Calender view the tasks are empty because it's looking for the tasks on the excange server not my local file. How do I change these views to function correctly? I'm using Outlook 2002. Thanks Why not configure your Exchange account for offline use by configuring an ost-file? This way you have a local copy of your Exchange mai...

Cannot open files into excel
I cannot open email files or shortcut files into excel. The only way I can open them is when in excel got to file and open. The error message says "cannot find file location" or form email "system cannot find file" any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>...

microsoft office 2004 student and teacher edition
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) My daughter had this version on her Macbook this summer when her hard drive started acting up. A friend backed up her old drive and transferred this data to the new drive. MS OFFICE did not transfer and she only just discovered this as she began her study abroad program in Germany. The original program disc is in Houston- still no power. I have the product/activation key for the ms office program that was previously installed on her mac. Is there any way to download this edition online and use the original product key to activate it? I am...

Increasing recently opened files list
Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. tabboo wrote: > Does anyone know how to increase number of files shown in > recently opened files list? Mine shows four, and I'd like > eight or ten, the same as I get in all my other MS > applications. Any auggestions?? Thanks. =================================== What is the name and version of the program you are referring to? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled...

Large fonts
How can I get fonts larger than 72? Hi swirem70, In the point-size box, you can type any point size, from 1 to 1638, in 0.5pt increments. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "swirem70" <swirem70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BEC0E88-CFF7-454F-B714-15D6538BBF02@microsoft.com... > How can I get fonts larger than 72? ....and press Enter. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:%236N...

SafePay txt Files
I have a client who has numerous companies that initillize SafePay. The would like to combine all the txt files into one file to upload to the bank Any suggestions Found the following at the CustomerSource Knowledgebase: No, currently this feature is not available for Safe Pay. Right now, when you upload information to the .txt file for Safe Pay, this is must be done one company at a time. Also, if you tried to use the same .txt file for all companies, this would not work either because the file is not appended with each upload, it is overwritten every time. So, if you ran the upload...

large email stuck in Outbox
I have an email with a large attachmment stuck in my Outbox. After trying to send it I get the error message gtom my email server that the email is too large. The problem is that outlook won't let me delete the email. I get either no message when trying to delete or Outlook tells me that it is already being send and I cannot delte while sending. Is there any way to get rid of this email? Hi, Log off from outlook. Kill Mapisp32.exe Then remove the network cable. Connect to outlook Work Offline Now u can delete the file from Outbox. Rgds, Kishore >-----Original Message----- &g...

Max size of Money file?
Hi all, Is there a maximum size for Money file? I am worried because I have been using Money for many years and my file is now nearly 11MB. Thanks for any advice. There may be one, but it's MUCH larger than that. There's a limitations MSKB item, but I don't think it specifies any max file size. There are limits to the number of categories and accounts and so forth but they are all in the tens of thousands. My file is 61.7 MB this morning and has data collection from 1993 forward. I wouldn't worry and I surely wouldn't consider the File|Archive scheme. Is there a...

I cannot find the file path for outlook inbox
My outlook is having a problem as it does not respond once I get the initial screen. I wanted to reinstall, but I need to backup my inbox. Since I cannot do anything in outlook, I cannot find out what the path is for the inbox. I have tried to search for various file names in file explorer, but have not been successful. Thanks for anyone who can help. On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:43:29 -0700, "O.S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My outlook is having a problem as it does not respond >once I get the initial screen. I wanted to reinstall, >but I nee...

Outlook 2000 Help Files
I am getting an error message when I try to open Outlook Help 0xc0000005-0x5d49328d Tech suppport doesn't recognise the 0x5d49328d part of the code Two other related facts Outlook slows my machine, almost, to a standstill when collecting mail from Exchange. PCdoc says I have missing help files Finally I have tried repairing Outlook according to Ms Kb article 260200 Any Ideas ? Thanks ...

Closing an Excel file generates a .txt file
This seems to happen with only a few (10) files that have Macros. When you close out of a locally stored excel file (not saving it) a .txt file is generated. I have duplicated this on Excel 97 and 2002. All the .txt file contains is "updating menu". Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks, It sounds like there's a macro at work. If you open one of those files with macros disabled. You can set your security level to high in xl2002 by: Tools|Macro|security|Security level tab. then open the workbook. Then close it. Does it still get created? If no, then it sounds...

File::Open shows no error but file is not written
Hello After calling the following method: file.Open(sName, CFile::modeWrite | CFile::modeCreate, &ex); I see no error whatsoever (I event trace GetLastError and always get 'No errror occured.') but the file is not created and not written at all. It only happens if I earlier load some XML file using external library (the lib loads file using raw FILE handle and fopen, fclose functions). Is there some known problem with mixing FILE, CFile to load/save data which cause this behaviour ? thanks si si wrote: > Hello > > After calling the following method: > > fi...

Slow (or sometimes no) connection to exchange server
We have exchange server running on a Win-2K machine. There is no DNS server set up for our local network (we don't really need one) and I suspect that the lack of local name resolution for the exchange server machine is responsible for the unpredictable or erratic connectivity that we experience on our mostly Win-98 network. Will the addition of the appropriate entry in the client hosts file remedy or substitute for a functioning local DNS server? How do I formulate the correct syntax for the host entry? (I mean, how do I determine the correct machine-name.domain.TLD format? Where on ...

Speed issues with large volume of serial numbers
Has anyone had issues auto assigning/posting a receipt with 100,000+ serial numbers in Dynamics GP? We were testing with the GP10 4/08 VPC (which I know isn't perfect), but it seems to take 15 or 20 minutes to assign. And 3rd party add-ons? hi Msauce What kind of Hardware are running this on? It sounds like the SQL server is having an issue and not he client. -- Fliehigh "MSauce" wrote: > Has anyone had issues auto assigning/posting a receipt with 100,000+ serial > numbers in Dynamics GP? We were testing with the GP10 4/08 VPC (which I know > isn't p...

recent file list
Under TOOLS, options, general etc. the Most recent file list entry is greyed out. Cannot change it. I don't think it has always been like this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Windows 2000, office pro 2003, etrust antivirus, spybot, no firewall, aol dialup, dell laptop, office sp-1 many thanks Sorry - wrong group. Please ignore "chromian" wrote: > Under TOOLS, options, general etc. the Most recent file list entry is greyed > out. Cannot change it. > I don't think it has always been like this. Any suggestions would be greatly > appreciated. ...

Need help referencing an embedded file
Hello - might I ask help of the experts here please? I have a macro in a spreadsheet that references back to a video file (Mfile= "test.avi") I want to e-mail the spreadsheet to a friend but in order to do so, she will have to separately copy the file test.avi to her c drive to make the macro function. This is inconvenient. Obviously I can embed the file test.avi into the spreadsheet as an object, but how can I change the VB code to directly reference it. I'm no VB expert, so any help would be appreciated Best TP ...

Picture folder in html files
Hi, If I save a publisher file as a html file, then you get a folder with the related images. How can I change the location of the folder? ...