Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

I'm working in Vista.  When I select lines and click on "Keep Lines
Together," the lines do not stay together.  They stay together if I also
click "Keep with Next," but I'm working on a booklet in which the pages are
1/4 of a letter-sized page, and a lot of space (4 lines) is left at the
bottom and wasted if I also click "Keep with Next."   Why won't "Keep Lines
Together" keep the lines together?  The project is a small, bound country
club booklet, with names, addresses, phones, etc.  Each entry might be 2, 3,
or 4 lines.  Any help will be very much appreciated!  (And yes, I've searched
for an answer!)

Keep text or paragraphs together
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010196611033.aspx?pid=CH063593541033

Hopefully the above article helps.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"sherib2009" <sherib2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working in Vista.  When I select lines and click on "Keep Lines
> Together," the lines do not stay together.  They stay together if I also
> click "Keep with Next," but I'm working on a booklet in which the pages are
> 1/4 of a letter-sized page, and a lot of space (4 lines) is left at the
> bottom and wasted if I also click "Keep with Next."   Why won't "Keep Lines
> Together" keep the lines together?  The project is a small, bound country
> club booklet, with names, addresses, phones, etc.  Each entry might be 2, 3,
> or 4 lines.  Any help will be very much appreciated!  (And yes, I've searched
> for an answer!)

0
Mary
6/3/2010 9:54:00 PM
Thanks for the try, but the article didn't answer my question.  If I just
click on "keep lines together", the lines do not stay together if something
is added above.  Part of the "kept together" lines will move to the next page
one by one.  However, if I also click on the "keep with next", all of the
"kept together" lines plus the empty line after moves to the next page,
leaving a big blank space at the bottom of the previous page.  What I'm
trying to say is that if one entry of 3 lines looks great and completes the
first page, when I finally have to add "keep with next" so I know the 3 lines
(plus the empty line) stay together, it moves all of it to the next page.
Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Keep text or paragraphs together
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010196611033.aspx?pid=CH063593541033
>
> Hopefully the above article helps.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>

> "sherib2009" <sherib2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm working in Vista.  When I select lines and click on "Keep Lines
> > Together," the lines do not stay together.  They stay together if I also
> > click "Keep with Next," but I'm working on a booklet in which the pages are
> > 1/4 of a letter-sized page, and a lot of space (4 lines) is left at the
> > bottom and wasted if I also click "Keep with Next."   Why won't "Keep Lines
> > Together" keep the lines together?  The project is a small, bound country
> > club booklet, with names, addresses, phones, etc.  Each entry might be 2, 3,
> > or 4 lines.  Any help will be very much appreciated!  (And yes, I've searched
> > for an answer!)
>

> .

When you keep lines together you are keeping a paragraph together. I am assuming
the paragraph continues on the next page. Are you high-lighting the text you are
trying to edit?
If you simply want to go to the next page and leave the great looking text
alone, do ctrl+shift+enter.  I always feel text documents are best done in Word.
Publisher is a DTP application.

There are articles here, they are for Word but it works for Publisher too.
http://www.typographyforlawyers.com/?p=399
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/concepts/pagenumbers/index.html

--
Mary

> Thanks for the try, but the article didn't answer my question.  If I just
> click on "keep lines together", the lines do not stay together if something
> is added above.  Part of the "kept together" lines will move to the next page
> one by one.  However, if I also click on the "keep with next", all of the
> "kept together" lines plus the empty line after moves to the next page,
> leaving a big blank space at the bottom of the previous page.  What I'm
> trying to say is that if one entry of 3 lines looks great and completes the
> first page, when I finally have to add "keep with next" so I know the 3 lines
> (plus the empty line) stay together, it moves all of it to the next page.
> Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Keep text or paragraphs together
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010196611033.aspx?pid=CH063593541033
>>
>> Hopefully the above article helps.
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>

>> "sherib2009" <sherib2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm working in Vista.  When I select lines and click on "Keep Lines
>> > Together," the lines do not stay together.  They stay together if I also
>> > click "Keep with Next," but I'm working on a booklet in which the pages are
>> > 1/4 of a letter-sized page, and a lot of space (4 lines) is left at the
>> > bottom and wasted if I also click "Keep with Next."   Why won't "Keep Lines
>> > Together" keep the lines together?  The project is a small, bound country
>> > club booklet, with names, addresses, phones, etc.  Each entry might be 2,
>> > 3,
>> > or 4 lines.  Any help will be very much appreciated!  (And yes, I've
>> > searched
>> > for an answer!)
>>

>> .

0
MLS

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Linking templates together
I was wondering how do I go about linking the numbers in various excel templates together so that a change in one template will be reflected in another. Ex. I have a income statement template and a balance sheet template, if I make a change to the income statement I would like the balance sheet to reflect the change automatically. How is this possible? On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:16:02 +0100, capnhud = <capnhud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was wondering how do I go about linking the numbers in various excel= > templates together so that a change in one template will ...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

�p�k�k��line line

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Line Numbering
Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, how? Thanks "Ernie" <edeleon68@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:126f501c3f6ef$e59575e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, > how? > Thanks Use the formula =ROW() copied down. Hi do you neet the row numbers on your printout? If yes goto 'File - Pagesetup - Table' and check the option to inlcude row and column headings -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ernie wrote: > Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, > how? > Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Trend line wont go through the origin
I'm doing my chemistry coursework, but when I enter the data and make a trendline, the trendline doesn't start at x=0, y=0. how can I do this? Look in the Trendline Options tab; you can specify the value required fro the intercept - in your case 0 To get the slope's value into a cell, do not copy the trendline equation but rather use the SLOPE function. I am assuming you have a linear expression (must graphs I used in teaching chem were linear); if no see my website to learn about LINEST. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &q...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Sequentially number lines automatically

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

how to keep text with next paragraph
"Church Mouse" wrote: > What is the problem? Version? ...

How do I copy excel data into a word doc without lines?
I need to copy data from excel into a word document without lines. Is this possible? The information will be set up as a table when copied into word. Once it is in Word, you can select the table and remove the grid lines or border lines. "missyann52" wrote: > I need to copy data from excel into a word document without lines. Is this > possible? ...

deposit to keep??
When you cancel a layaway and rms ask you if you want deposit to keep and you say ok, what happens to the money and where does that money go? and is there a way to turn off that button? ...

keep or not keep SMTP log files?
Hi, I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape media or external harddrive? Do you delete them after 6 months? Or don't keep them at all? I'm trying to get a general idea what administrators do to their smtp log files. Thanks and appreciate it. Ricky On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:01:04 -0700, Ricky T <RickyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you >keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape medi...

Keeping Outlook on top?
I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) how can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am ready to go to my web browser and look at the page that was open? Thanks for any help!! SSDD "D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E96DBF0-BABB-4E5C-8734-4A5D8695A71C@microsoft.com... >I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) >how > can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am > ready > to go to my web browser and look at the page that ...

keeping cell formatting
Hello, I have formatted an excel spreadsheet (changed cell widths and height etc...) I would like to retain this formatting when i copy this spreadsheet t other sheets. How can I do this? As it is now, I have to change each cell manually each time I copy th spreadsheet template to another sheet. Thanks in advance aladdi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just experimented with this and as far as I can tell, Width is attached to the column and height attached to the row. So, if you want to copy and paste data and maitain cell width and height, you may have to select wh...

off line backup software for messages
Does anyone know of software that will make readable copies of and entire Outlook mail folder? Copies that could be stored on an external drive for reading off line, or on another computer? For Outlook Express, software called DBXtract does the job. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Possibly; http://www.encryptomatic.com/msgviewer/msgviewer-pro-view-msg-files.html See various other tools on www.slipstick.com "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:ep3uAF9lJHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of software that will make readable cop...

tabs keep resetting
When ever I set new taps for a document when I close it and reopen it all my tabs are set back to 5. Is there a way to reset my default tabs to retain my 2 setting? You are likely thinking Publisher works just like Word. Well, not quite. But refer to this article - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011196811033.aspx?Query=default&Scope=TC%2cHP%2cHA%2cRC%2cFX%2cES%2cEP%2cDC%2cXT "katiekate" wrote: > When ever I set new taps for a document when I close it > and reopen it all my tabs are set back to 5. Is there a > way to reset my default tabs to re...

line spacing Outlook 2007
How do I change the default line spacing from doulbe to single line (NO BLANK LINE) in Outlook 2007. Please be specific and on a pre-school level. Try this: 1. Go to your Inbox. 2. Click on the New button in the upper left to start a new email. 3. Click on the Format Text tab at the top of your screen. 4. You’ll see the buttons are grayed out. Click in the big white box where you’d write the body of your email to activate them. 5. Click on the dialog box in the Paragraph group. The dialog box is located in the lower right-hand corner of the group, and looks like a tiny...

Coloring Alternate lines
I want to color columns A to E on every other line. I can't find an ISEVEN or ISINTEGER function, so how do I do That in VB? Thanks, Jim Berglund I'm getting a Next without For error in the following code, and can't figure out why... BTW, If I get this fixed, will this code work for coloring alternate lines? Jim Sub SortAndColor() Dim q, i As Long With ActiveSheet .Rows("1:1").Delete Shift:=xlUp q = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row .Sort.SortFields.Clear .Sort.SortFields.A...