Joining Documents as one new document

I have eight, single page, Publisher documents - how do I join them together
to form one, eight page document, please?

Gareth

Copy and paste

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I have eight, single page, Publisher documents - how do I join them
>together to form one, eight page document, please?
>
> Gareth

0
jl_amerson (3088)
12/19/2004 11:46:00 PM
I'm using XP BTW.

Sorry but I need more help than this - nothing I paste does the job!

Gareth

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Copy and paste
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>I have eight, single page, Publisher documents - how do I join them
>>together to form one, eight page document, please?
>>
>> Gareth

The version of Windows doesn't matter. The version of Publisher could.

Try:
Go into Document 2
Edit|Select All
Edit|Copy
Go into Document 1
Insert|Page
Edit|Paste

Continue doing that until you've run out of pages to add in.
--

> I'm using XP BTW.
>
> Sorry but I need more help than this - nothing I paste does the job!
>
> Gareth
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Copy and paste
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>>I have eight, single page, Publisher documents - how do I join them
>>>together to form one, eight page document, please?
>>>
>>> Gareth

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Outlook 2000 prints 100+ pages for one email
I've recently run into a situation where a user with a brand new computer, win2k sp4 installed with Office 2000, tries to print an email in Outlook, but 100+ pages get sent to the printer. Each page appears to print the From: field on the page and that's it (I didn't wait for the whole 100 pages). This is not specific to any one email, and those that I've seen are text only emails. I've tried the MS KB, and searched google groups, but haven't found anything. Any ideas? Thanks- Brian I posted this a few days ago, but no replies, surely someone must have experienced...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

Doing joIn with REGEXP? (MySQL)
Hi Im working with MySQL. I have similar data in 2 different schemas Im trying to relate. This particular example relates to US states being stored differently in both systems. So, say I have the 2 tables as follows: STATE_1 ----------------- | ID | STATE | ----------------- | 1 | AL | | 2 | AK | | 3 | AS | ................. STATE_2 ------------ | STATE | ------------ | US-AL | | US-AS | | US-AK | ............ I want to get the STATE_1.ID value where the STATE fields are equal. Note that STATE_2.STATE values are the same as those in ...

Linking to a Word Document
Hello, I have created several links between Publisher (2002) and Word (2000) without any trouble. However, today I can't figure out how to get around a problem. My Word document is only one page with a 2 column table. Page size is 8.5 x 11. Margins are set at T=.17, B=.17, L=.25, R=.25. The table doesn't even take but half the page. I go to Publisher, click Insert and select Object. Select From File, Locate my document and select the 'Link' checkbox. The object inserted in Publisher is my document. However, the object size is 12.9 x 12.9. I am having to use th...

from start documents i can not open a document from desk top, i n.
to use a excell ducument, from start documents i can not open a document or from from my desktop, i need to open the program and then open the docuement, but why, i can do it in other computer Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alfonso juarez wrote: > to use a excell ducument, from start documents i can not open a > document or from from my desktop, i need to open the program and then > open the docuement, but why, i can do it in other computer alfonso Tools>Options>Genera...

Two different formats for same document
I print scripts onto 8x5 index cards, landscape. I'd like to be able to print a copy of the script, two pages per sheet, onto 8.5x11 paper for editing purposes. The index card page breaks are important to know in the editing. Any ideas? I use MS Word 2008 for Mac. I can't give you explicit directions without more details but I believe you should find your solution in the Print dialog. There should be nothing you have to change in your document itself. In the Print dialog open the Copies & pages list, select Layout. Choose 2 in the 'Pages per Sheet' lis...

I can't save long file names, only short one, how can I do this?
I can no longer save file names, my computer says only short file names with 8 characters can be saved. How can I save long file names? ...

New version of ExamXML
Hello, A7Soft is proud to announce the new release of ExamXML. This version has new features: 1. Comparison data from sources of many types such as CSV and XML files, SQL servers. 2. Load data from WEB services. 3. Converting from CSV onto XML and from SQL into XML. The ExamXML 2.93 is available at http://www.a7soft.com Best regards. Joe Andersen. A7Soft Team. ...

better to filter on join or where clause
If you have something in your where clause that could be put in the inner join would it be better there? SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key Where b.status <> 15 and b.status <> 20 or SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key and b.status not in (15,20) Any difference? Thanks, Tom There is no difference when using inner join. The optimizer will generate the same execution plan. It is more a preference/style of writing queries. I prefer to place filters in WHERE and leave only join predicates in the ON clause: SELECT ...

Text Boxes moving in document
Publisher text boxes move when a document is opened by another user on our network. How can I stop this? I fear this is a structural problem. See e.g. www.therapietips.nl. It's in Dutch but you will see a text box moving upon opening the browser. (You can check out the tool with which a site is made by looking at the code) In my own site I am working on now I am trying to use one text box and use images of other texts. I am also experimenting with saving Word documents as hypertext The problem I have is that I want a editor with which you can make quick examples of websites. ...

damaged document does not print

Subject to Withholding
Hello all. I was able to setup my company and vendor as subject to withholding with a rate % of 10%. When I create a Purchasing transaction and lets say I set in 100.00 as the purchase amount. Subject to Withholding is checked and shows the rate %. I then enter into Check 90.00. When I look at distributions it is showing Purchase 100.00 Debit, 90.00 Cash Credit but the 10.00 is showing under a Payables GL as a credit. So it remains on account. If I go print the 1099 also I am not seeing anything about withholdings. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong as far as the distrib...

HOW to move ALL Outlook data to new machine?
I need to move all of my Outlook data (contacts, email, calendar, etc.) to a new machine. Moving the PST file apparently does NOT move the address book (already tried this). HOW does one simply move all Outlook data to a new machine? Should be simple, but... (?) -- dwa The Outlook Address Book is just another view of your Contacts folder. This is a common occurrence when moving things around -- the association between the Contacts folder and the Outlook Address Book gets broken. To fix it, go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View or change existing directories or address books...

multiple copy one paste
As I use all Windows functions, I long for a way to do multiple copies, then one paste. I call it Copy Add. This would allow me to copy from diverse documents and paste to one destination. As an example, I have an email with three attachments. I use the information as a running record of transactions I have sent to a customer. I open attachment one and copy a range, then go to my transaction file and paste. Back to email two, the same thing. Then to email three same thing. I want to be able to copy (Add) from one, copy(Add) from two, copy(Add) from three, and finally paste int...

How2 setup one page distribution report side by side results
create side by side national distribution report by region and state with regional percentages of total on a single page. ...

joining domain
hi! Is it possible to have the users rejoin xp,win7 to win2003 AD with the computer object already exist in the AD? i know that this can be done through administrator group, but can this be done by the user without adding them into the domain admain grp or accoutn operator? what's the best practice and previlege that i shd give to the support team who only need to able to join the pc into the domain? Thanks. They have to be able to delete and add. If you are talking about doing this to one machine not a real big deal but if you want folks to do this all the time it c...

Finding out the default namespace of an XML document
I'm reading in an XML file with might be in either a 'new' format which defines a default namespace, like this : <rootElement xmlns:some-url> <otherstuff/> </rootElement> .... or might be in an older format without a default namespace : <rootElement> <differentstuff> </rootElement> What's the best way of using an XPathNavigator to find out whether the xmlns is present ? Thanks, Steve Steve Terepin wrote: > I'm reading in an XML file with might be in either a 'new' format which > defines a default namespace...

new computer (vista) copying money 05 file from XP (in the UK)
I've got another PC and I'm trying to take everything off the old one and put it on the new one. The old machine used XP, and the new one uses Vista. I have created a back up file on the old 'XP' Money 05 program, copied onto flash drive, and trying to use "import" function in Money on new Vista machine. Keep getting the message "log off and back on as an administrator"- I AM logged in as the administrator- re start doesnt help get rid of this message. If I try and open my back up file, or try the "restore" function I get a message that s...

new mail going straight to Deleted Items folder
All mail from a few senders goes right to the Deleted Items folder rather than the Inbox. How do I correct this? On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:24:32 -0700, "tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All mail from a few senders goes right to the Deleted >Items folder rather than the Inbox. How do I correct >this? Howdy, No expert I, but... You may have a rogue rule that is doing it. I would start by turning all the rules OFF, then see if it still happens. HTH, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." ...

How can I lookup when match has more than one value?
Hi, I'm doing a Vlookup match function and it works, but what I want to do is get the second match of a value. eg: ..............1st.....2nd......3rd........4th....... meat....good.....bad.....ok..........good.... chicken.OK......good......bad.......ok..... fish......good....bad......bad.......ok...... meat....OK....good...good.......good.... B12=meat B13= 2nd my formula looks something like this: VLOOKUP(B12,A1:AF10, MATCH(B13,B1:AF1,0)+1 ,FALSE) what it does is get me the first row meat, 2nd column (bad) but what I want is second row meat, 2nd column (good). ho...

Wrap cells from one column across the page? for printing list
one long list of data in column - eg 45000 rows Wrap the list across the page to reduce pages for printing eg from A53 wrap remainder of list to B1 the C1 and so on See: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Hope this helps Rowan Trudy - TSC wrote: > one long list of data in column - eg 45000 rows > Wrap the list across the page to reduce pages for printing > eg from A53 wrap remainder of list to B1 the C1 and so on Have you thought of bringing the data into MSWord. You can use format|columns and make it look nice. Trudy - TSC wrote: > > one long list of ...

Receiving Document
Hello, Great Plains 8.0 with purchase order processing. I know there is no receiving document built in (a worksheet for the warehouse guys to check parts in). What are people doing as a workaround? We've get a crazy smartlist exporting to excel and then printing, but it is nuts how complicated it is. Surely somebody out there has solved this problem? I'm interested to know what you're doing. We tried modifying the edit list, but the edit list includes every receiver in the batch, so you first have to change the batch id to something unique, print the document, then chan...

Multiply CViews in a document
I want to show two CViews in a single MDI Document. One view must not overlap on the other. How can this be acheived? Thanks. Jess Didnt the splitter work for you as mentioned earlier (if you want it in the same frame)? AliR had earlier provided couple of links to codeguru which show if you want multiple views/frames on the same document. ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I'd use a splitter window: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0dyc0e53.aspx Tom "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e_GLf.37327$F_3.13461@newssvr29.news.prodi...

Multi-page document
I have a 42 page booklet document that someone tried to edit. They tried to add several pages, which I have corrected, and it appears fine on screen. However, when I print the document, a blank page shows up in the center of the booklet. How can I correct this? This is a duplexed document with 2 pages to an 8 1/2"x11" sheet and folds in the center. Can anyone help?!!! -- Ronnie Booklets are composed of groups of four. Either delete two pages or add two pages. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

creating & using an autotext document in outlook
Hi all I've just purchased office 2007, I had previously used office2003. In 2003 I was able to create word documents and save tham as ready made reply templates for use via "autotext" on office outlook 2003, it worked really well. Now call me stupid (Rhetoricall request) But I can't figure out how to do the same thing in 2007, any suggestions. (In simple terms for I've a simple mind) "Simple Mind" <Simple Mind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567129CD-4A6A-40B2-AA16-B9408D58A85A@microsoft.com... > I've just purchased office 2...