It is a Mystery to Me...

I have Pub 2003 & Windows XP.
My goal is to create a Folded Card with 4 pages looking all the same. What I thought it would work is:  Page Set Up - Properties - Finishing - Pages per Sheet and chosen 4.  (If it is not for multiplying the existing page then it is what for???)

I thought that I will get all the 4 pages looking same.  The result was one tiny page (4 times smaller then it should be

I know about the Help Option but not knowing what to type into I could not use it

Thank
Vanill

“In the Cookie of Life Friends are the Chocolate Chips.�

0
anonymous (74725)

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Vanilla <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I have Pub 2003 & Windows XP.
> My goal is to create a Folded Card with 4 pages looking all the same.
> What I thought it would work is:  Page Set Up - Properties -
> Finishing - Pages per Sheet and chosen 4.  (If it is not for
> multiplying the existing page then it is what for???)

Publisher is putting four copies of your entire card onto one page.
i.e. one card page and three blank pages, reducing the card to � size.
I believe what you want to do is to use a Custom page size set to � of your
paper size, and then do that in a 4-up layout.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/8/2004 3:54:05 PM
Ed, I answered this same query some days ago. I suggested using the postcard setup.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> Vanilla <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> > I have Pub 2003 & Windows XP.
> > My goal is to create a Folded Card with 4 pages looking all the same.
> > What I thought it would work is:  Page Set Up - Properties -
> > Finishing - Pages per Sheet and chosen 4.  (If it is not for
> > multiplying the existing page then it is what for???)
>
> Publisher is putting four copies of your entire card onto one page.
> i.e. one card page and three blank pages, reducing the card to � size.
> I believe what you want to do is to use a Custom page size set to � of your
> paper size, and then do that in a 4-up layout.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
laserdog (1123)
5/8/2004 4:16:11 PM
Vanilla wrote:
> I have Pub 2003 & Windows XP.
> My goal is to create a Folded Card with 4 pages looking all the same.
> What I thought it would work is:  Page Set Up - Properties -
> Finishing - Pages per Sheet and chosen 4.  (If it is not for
> multiplying the existing page then it is what for???)
>
> I thought that I will get all the 4 pages looking same.  The result
> was one tiny page (4 times smaller then it should be)
>

> I know about the Help Option but not knowing what to type into I
> could not use it.
>
> Thanks
> Vanilla
>
> “In the Cookie of Life Friends are the Chocolate Chips.”

You again! This is the *THIRD* time you've asked this - are you completely
incapable of reading replies to your previous posts?! You had several