Is there any way I can get alerts from my calendar on Publisher

Trying to find a way to get alerts onto my desktop from the publisher calendar

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

how can I compare contents of columns in excel?
I have two excel files viz. file-A and -B. One of the columns of File-A contains chemical names which is also contained in one of the File-B columns.There are a lot more chemical names in the latter file than in the former. What I would like to do is to transfer additional pertinent information from columns in File-B to new columns in File-A on the basis of the chemical names found in File-A. At the end of the exercise I would have a file with the same number of chemicals but with more information. How can I do it? Your help would be much appreciated. Take a look at the =vlookup() ...

Add Publish Column to Enterprise Template
I've tried to add the Publish column set to the value of Yes to an Enterprise project template but the column will not save. Any ideas? -- Carla Evans Presbyterian Health Plan Hi Carla, This worked for me. What error message(s) did you get? -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Carla Evans" wrote: > I've tried to add the Publish column set to the value of Yes to an Enterprise > project template but the column will not save. Any ideas? > -- > Carla Evans > Presbyterian Healt...

Can CRM do this?
Hey, Just wondering if anyone know if CRM 1.2 is capable of the following, we are evaluating it. Currently we have loads of different systems managing our sales, invoices, maintenacnce agreements etc. merging them into one would be great. The big concern is our maintenance agreement with our customers. We support both hardware and software and we currently have a completely list of all hardware components which are asset tagged and put on the system, this way when a support call comes in we can link the call with the item, also and the end of the year we can assign a maintenance amount to eac...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

A way to create sub-categories?

I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a l.
I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter. I have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages. What am I doing wrong. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for 2003 and prior) or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.Hope this helps DeanH "rlw" wrote: > I can't get my letterhead to only appear ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

VC++ 6.0 dll can not access a network drive
Hi All, I have a VC 6.0 dll, which is called from one another exe. This dll in turn will execute couple of programs in a network with CreateProcess. When I ran the CreateProcess, my getlast error returned with error code 3 (directory not found). I opened a dos box and I was able to switch to the network drive without any problem. I checked and made sure the user has full permission to the drive where he is trying to access the files. The program is running under vista OS. The server is Windows 2K3. I wrote a simple console application in VC 6.0, which does nothing but do a lookup on a file o...

Can't add new columns
This has been a problem with my worksheets and those of others in my office, especially if converted from lotus 123 originally. When trying to insert new columns in a worksheet, get the error message: "To prevent possible loss of data, Excel cannot shift nonblank shells off the worksheet. Try to locate the last nonblank cell by pressing CRTL + END and delete or clear all cells in between the last cell and the end of your data. Then select cell A1 and save your workbook to reset the last cell used. Or you can move the data to a new location and try again." Even when you do t...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

How do I get the gradient at a point on a curved graph?
I have a plot of experimental data and I inserted an exponential trendline that fits the data very well. I'd like to "differentiate" the curve as I need its gradient at certain points; as in I need Excel to draw the tangent to the trendline at a given point and tell me its equation. Can anyone help me do this? Thank you all so much. I don't think Excel knows how to do this as a built in thing. Extract the coefficients of the trendline to a worksheet (using a worksheet function such as LOGEST or a utility that will extract trendline coefficients to a worksheet). Then ...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Only able to get 1 email downloaded
I have both Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express set up with multiple accounts with Road Runner. Whenever I do a send/receive, I able to only receive 1 message per session. I would have to re-start my computer to get another. I have 3 accounts and it seems only 2 get processed and the server gets interrupted (per error message). I am using windows xp and have Norton Internet Security if that matters. I tried not having emails scanned, disabling the firewall and anti-virus but same results. Please help. ...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

insert date in Publisher
I created a text box and insert a date with the update date automatically box checked...didn't work why? Publisher 2000 here so it may be a bit different for you. When you Inserted the date, was the box for automatic update checked? -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "Helpmedates" <u27294@uwe> wrote in message news:67054071f04f2@uwe... >I created a text box and insert a date with the update date automatically >box > checked...didn't work why? > ...

Can Not Install Office 2010 Proof.cab Not Found
I have downloaded Office 2010, but can not installed it, since the proof.cab not found. The proofing.en-us folder only contain proof.msi. Anyone pls help me?!!! -- ranoldtj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ranoldtj's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/157577.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1274509.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

tax can not change
Any one come across this situation You go to manager -database-item-properties Change the tax id = none Select ok Re-open and the tax is still assigned rms ver 2.0.0105 Administrator account With all access ? thanks "hozay" <hozay@jmmpr.com> wrote in message news:46D59D16-77DE-4139-AF9A-182178DD7D60@microsoft.com... > Any one come across this situation > You go to manager -database-item-properties > Change the tax id = none > Select ok > Re-open and the tax is still assigned > rms ver 2.0.0105 > Administrator account > With all acce...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

dlls
i need some help. I would like to create a dll in c++ (win32 dynamic or using mfc). I want my dll to be "usable" by vb6, vb.net, c# and c++ developpers I tried to create a simple dll (using mfc extensions with 1 class and a couple of functions but i am not able to add it to a VB6 client application. What can I do I need some help to getting started with dlls , or a link to a page that deals with thess stuffs. Take a look at the following links http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_dll_tasks.asp http://www.zetnet.co.uk/rad/dll....

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

Is there a way
G'Day, Is there a way to turn off NDR's in Ex5.5 SP4 on an NT server running SP6a ? Also, can the ability for the server to receive TELNET connections be turned off? My server isn't an open relay, but, I know it's being used to SPAM using DNR's and I can see TELNET connections in the log files.... Thank You, Admin_In_Syd i know that u can turn off the ndrs to be sent from exchange at the standard poliy setting, thats how i configured it at exchange 2000 .... there must be also a setting at exch 5.5, actually i dont remeber it .... "Steve@Home" <sprob@...

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file
I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December. Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of November anywhere? Book I believe you have not done as you describe. If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on your computer in its previous state. Unless you saved it as November with the changes. From where did you open November workbook? It will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 1...

How can I insert "&" in Header & Footer?
I'm using Excel 2003. I've tried to incorporate "&" in the Header & Footer but without success. I've also tried cut and paste "&" from symbol but it seems it cannot be pasted in "Custom the Header & Footer". Hope somebody can answer my question! Thanks! Use 2 "&" for the footer to show one. -- XL2003 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "Regina Man" <Regina Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3EB15A3-F1BC-4490-8185-6005020CAEC7@microsoft.com... > I'm using Excel 2003. &g...