Is it possible to shade text within a text box?

I would like to be able to add shading to text within a text box. Is this
possible?
Thanks for your help.

Format, font, select the shadow.
The text is shadowed gray, that is the only way you can shadow text unless you
use WordArt.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Hair Traders" <HairTraders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to be able to add shading to text within a text box. Is this
> possible?
> Thanks for your help.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

auto numbering text
I have a cell (D6) that has text AV1 in it. Is it possible to have cell A20 check to see if B20 has a number greater than 0 in it, if it does return AV1-1. If there isn't return a blank or "-". At the moment A20 has the following formula in it: =IF('A-V Input'!B20>0,"AV1-1","") I need to copy this 20 times and the change "AV1-1" manually using the above formula. There are other parts but I want to try and solve this first Thanks, One guess .. Put in A20: =IF('A-V Input'!B20>0,INDIRECT($D$6)-1,"") wh...

Is it possible

Countif and Text
This is really silly. I have a long column of "Y" and "N" - input by a user. I need to count the Y and N's - and use them further in my sheets. I've noted that in some sheets, my countif function works - and will count the Y values. On other sheets (from the same template!) it doesn't work! I have another user inputting these values - so perhaps her excel settings are causing the problem? I just need to know what to alter in order to have these Y and N input values 'readable' from other excel equations (if, and or). I've tried all formats ...

Personal Folders in OWA

How to get up the functions argument box
I used to be able to double click in the middle of a function in the formula bar, and it would bring up the function arguments box which I found really handy. Now when I try that all I get is the help opening up. Is there an option somewhere where I can get this back? On the left of the formula bar you should find "fx" Clicking on this with the formula bar empty brings up the list o functions. Clicking when you have started entering a formula will brin up the specific function arguments bo -- Alex Delamai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Add text to formula?
I have this formula kindly given to me in one of these Excel ngs: =COUNTIF(E:E,"You Won!*")&":"&COUNTIF(E:E,"You Lost*") The challenge is that any custom text I add to the cell formatting doesn't show up in the cell. Would it be possible to add something like this text below to the above (but also including line breaks)?: **************************************************************** Score --------- You:Computer = Formula result of: =COUNTIF(E:E,"You Won!*")&":"&COUNTIF(E:E,"You Lost*") *********************...

Summing specific texts
Hi, please help me, I need assistance: I am trying to find the total number of times a specific word has bee entered in a column. I tried using LEN and SUBSTITUE but it seems lik that only works if it's a single letter? Here's the details - some one much smarter than I am will surely hav an answer for me? Word is *Toffee * (and is written in A1) The field is *D1 to D600 *(a text formatted column containing singl words in each cell) -I have had some success with the LEN and SUBSTITUTE formula when usin a single letter but I have had to write out the whole field a D1&D2&D3&...

Search file and within the file
Hi, I have several files in a folder most of them are CVs in word format, I want to create a query or access program to get the subject with some criteria - any ideas? If I search for a particular Text, that should check and matching file name and also inside the word file. I tried google desktop search, coppernic search and even the MS Search - but nothing helped in a way I want. I appreciate your valuable time. Rgds Anver, To develop a bespoke Access application will take much effort and involve using Windows APIs. I suggest you don't want to do this. Instead consider upgrad...

ListView: Text from previous row
In one ListView column I need to pickup the text from previous row as suggestion in a new, inserting row.What event I need to use ? How to pick up the text, from previous row, same column? And how to put it in a insert row ? ASP.NET, C# "Mario" <pascal@po.t-com.hr> wrote in message news:hq577c$7o6$1@ss408.t-com.hr... > In one ListView column I need to pickup the text from previous row as > suggestion in a new, inserting row.What event I need to use ? How to pick > up the text, from previous row, same column? And how to put it in a insert &...

How do I delete text to right of a comma in a range of cells?
I have a long list of addresses and need to separate out the city and state, which got merged all into one cell. Need to import data into Streets and Trips and want to delete all city and state info out of the address cells. Please assist. Mike Select the column with your data in and ensure that ythe next column is empty. Go to Data>Text to Columns and choose delimited, then comma. Assuming your data is in column A you should get city in A and state in B. -- Ian -- "Mike M." <Mike M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB4DE8E5-4455-4611-8364-55D61234A...

Find Email Address in a text file
Hello, I am having a small issue. I received a text file from a co-worker over seas that contains all his outlook contact information. I have opened it in excel using CSV. There are thousands of rows and anout 100 columns, problem is that the email address do not all fall in the same column or row. I need to be able to locate each email address and copy just the domain (@yahoo.com for example) into a single column.....does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks, Matt --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I posted a solution for extracting 1 or 2 e-mail addresses from a st...

how can I change the text size in the choose name box of outlook
When I click on "new message" and my "choose name" box comes up, the text is very small. How can I enlarge it? I have Office '03 and Windows 7. Using Word and Outlook for email. New Message sounds like an Outlook command to me, so you may want to ask this question in a newsgroup for Outlook. See for example the general discussion at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&lang=en&cr=US. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "oldmubs" <oldmubs@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Changing Text Case
Hi all, Excel 2007: How can I change a range of text to Proper in place? Whenever I try to change the text in a specific range, it will not change the text in that range, it places it in some other area of the spreadsheet. I want to change the text from Upper case to Proper case in B4:B15, but, no matter where I place the cursor, or how I try to get the text to change in those cells, it does not does not change the text in those cells. If I select the range and then select the PROPER in the Text list, it puts the function in the first cell of the column, but, does not change the cas...

Modify text in Business Portal email
We would like to be able to modify the text that appears in the e-mail that is sent to users from Business Portal as part of the workflow process. One user suggested including a link to our BP site. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft...

"combo box"
how do i get the control combo box to stay in place on the worksheet? I print or print preview and it resets the placement of all my control combo boxes. Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "adam.ronalds" <adamronalds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7CD4E5C-C511-473F-9449-7533351E350F@microsoft.com... > how do i get the control combo box to stay in place on the worksheet? I ...

Only run if check box is checked
I have some code that I only want to be run if a check box is checked. So I inserted an ActiveX check box which I have named cbRecord. I then put the following IF around the code which is initiated by clicking a spinner form control: If cbRecord.Value Then .... .... .... End If However, when the code is run I get the following error: Run time error '424': Object required. When I go to debug, the code doesn't even know that my check box exists. TIA...Geoff Try If Sheets("Sheet1").CheckBoxes("Check Box 1").Value = xlOn Then '...

Texte arabe dans Word
> Ce message est au format MIME. Comme votre programme de lecture de courriers ne comprend pas ce format, il se peut que tout ou une partie de ce message soit illisible. --B_3279965611_640133 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Bonjour, J�utilise l��dition fran�aise de Word 2004 (version 11.3.8) sous le syst�me d�exploitation Mac OS 10.4.11. Lorsque je colle du texte arabe dans un document Word, depuis TextEdit par exemple, l�application quitte inopin�ment. Si j��cris directement dans Word, les lettres ne sont pas attach�es. Sauri...

Exporting email with atachment to text file
I would lke to have a backup of all my email in a pure text form. Many years ago I used Netscape email, and the entire mail file was pur text; attachments followed the message and were encoded in base64. I could always retrieve my email (with a little effort) by cuting and pasting, and using uuencode to retrieve the binary form of the attachment. Is there any way to do this in Outlook? I have recently encountered difficulties with different versions of Outook at home and work, so would like to avoid problems like this in the future by having a purely text email file. TIA <dtshedd@yah...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Rich Text / Plain Text. Error message
Hello Folks Every time I send an email, I get a window telling me that the email I am sending is in Rich Text format ((HTML) and asking me whether I wish to proceed by sendng in HTML, sending Plain Text or canceling. This is regardless of whether I am sending a simple attachment (Excel file a picture) even without any text. I have also just deleted my old account and re-set it up again. Please can you tell me how to avoid this message in the future? Looking forward to your answer in anticipation. Georgie Girl Isn't there a "Don't show me this again" ...

Listbox contains check box, small image icon and text
I would like to implement a list control in which every row contains check box, small image icon and text. how can I do it? Are there any sample codes? -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure This will be a good start: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/ ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "NianHawk" <NianHawk@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:C43782D7-9D80-4F74-92EC-05E47983291E@microsoft.com... > I would like to implement a list control in which every row contains check > box, small image icon and text. how can I do it? Are there any sample codes? Dont k...