Is it possible to keep the month and day together on one line in .

In letters or other documents, sometimes the day gets separated from the
month at the end of a line. I'd like to keep the month and day together. In
WordPerfect, there was a code that kept these two on the same line. Is there
anything in Word 2003 that can do this. Thank you.
0
Deer (1)

Word probably has a solution. Ask in a Word newsgroup. Now if you really meant
Publisher, highlight the date, format, character spacing...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Running Deer" <Running Deer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In letters or other documents, sometimes the day gets separated from the
> month at the end of a line. I'd like to keep the month and day together. In
> WordPerfect, there was a code that kept these two on the same line. Is there
> anything in Word 2003 that can do this. Thank you.

0
gsauer (5095)
3/10/2005 6:16:34 PM
Running Deer wrote:
> In letters or other documents, sometimes the day gets separated from
> the month at the end of a line. I'd like to keep the month and day
> together. In WordPerfect, there was a code that kept these two on the
> same line. Is there anything in Word 2003 that can do this. Thank you.

No idea - suggest you get a clue and try asking in the correct group. This
is a *PUBLISHER* group.
on salads.

0
noone5620 (75)
3/11/2005 4:06:29 AM
Easy, in Word, Publisher and other MS products: CTRL/SHIFT/-

Terje

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <noone@here.com> skrev i melding
> Running Deer wrote:
> > In letters or other documents, sometimes the day gets separated from
> > the month at the end of a line. I'd like to keep the month and day
> > together. In WordPerfect, there was a code that kept these two on the
> > same line. Is there anything in Word 2003 that can do this. Thank you.
>

> No idea - suggest you get a clue and try asking in the correct group. This
> is a *PUBLISHER* group.
> --
> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> on salads.

Formula adding 2 days...
So, here is the formula I'm using. Some cells it's adding 2 or 3 days to the MONTH and some cells it's not. I don't WANT it to add 2 days. It should just be adding 5 years and leaving the month and day the same... what is happening here? =IF(J5="","",DATE(YEAR(J5)+5,MONTH(J5),DAY(J6))) Never mind!!! I'm ridiculous! I figured it out!!!! "Zoe" wrote: > So, here is the formula I'm using. Some cells it's adding 2 or 3 days to the > MONTH and some cells it's not. I don't WANT it to add 2 days. It should just...

Stacked column chart wit more than one column in a data point
Hi, My colleague has the following data. ,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 A Sales Growth,5%,11%,12%,3%,10%,7%,4%,4% A Comps Growth,5%,7%,5%,4%,2%,8%,6%,4% B Sales Growth,3%,4%,6%,4%,5%,5%,3%,3% B Comps Growth,8%,10%,11%,4%,6%,5%,10%,7% C Sales Growth,1%,1%,3%,4%,6%,4%,1%,2% C Comps Growth,10%,7%,5%,6%,2%,5%,6%,5% and he wants to plot charts in such a way that the years 1998 through 2005 comes in x-axis and within each year there needs to be 3 data points for companies A, B and C. The particular data point for 1999 and for company A need to be of Stacked column chart type with its...

having trouble creating chart to show monthly totals
Hi I'm using office XP. I keep a single spreadsheet were I record orders received. Its a very simple sheet with one order per row. In col B I place the date the order was received (in the format DD/MM/YY) I'd like to make a chart (pie or column) which displays the total number of orders per month so that I can see at a glance when were busy and quieter periods. I've tried using the wizard but all I ever get is a mess and not what I expect to see at all. I suspect I may need to separate my data by month? But is there a way for Excel to work that out for itself from a sin...

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

How to keep rotated clip art from being cut off?
Whenever I rotate clip art (from any source) it is often cut off around the edges. If zero rotation, image is complete. What's the secret? There is no secret. What do you mean "cut off?" Are you manually rotating or using the "format object" dialog? It could be your graphics driver. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this helps go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft...

Moving an old transaction from one account to another.
I have a *very* strange situation here... Once upon a time, Mr. Pat Smith married Ms. Pat Jones. The Mrs. Pat Smith was a cute oddity for the duration of the marriage. Sadly, the marriage ended. Mrs. Smith did not change her last name back to Jones... Now we have two people in town with the same name. 'Pat Smith'. Mr. Pat Smith bought a mattress set. In RMS, the mattress is on Mrs. Pat Smith's account. This probably would have gone unnoticed for along time, possibly forever, except for the unfortunate demise of the mattress under warranty. Now we need to return the m...

Copy a chart from one workbook to another workbook?
l've tried to copy one workbook to another workbook using VBE. Does anyone have any idea? Thank u :D What is it you are copying, an embedded chart, a chart sheet, a worksheet, or a workbook? If it's a chart, are you copying just the chart, or the chart and its data? Is your intent to use the data from the new workbook with the copied chart? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "y0ngb00n" <y0ngb00n@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:43a694e3_1@news.tm.net.my... &g...

adding wookbooks together
I have 2 workbooks in the same foler and I would like to add them together....the help menu said to put them in the same folder go to tools and choose "compare wookbooks" but that line is not active. Any suggestions Gary If you have two workbooks open, you can drag worksheets from one to the other, or right-click the sheet tab and choose "move." They don't need to be in the same folder. How did you word your help query? I'd like to see this one for myself. "Gary" wrote: > I have 2 workbooks in the same foler and I would like to add them > to...

Excel2000 keeps asking me to save when no changes were made
Excel2000 keeps asking me to save when no changes were made. This only happens on a few workbooks and has only been hapening the past 4 months. As time goes on it is happening more frequently. Ran Norton Anti-Virus, no viruses detected. Ran Spyware software, no problems there either. Have you got any of the following volatile functions in your workbook, as the existence of any of these will cause that message, because that function is recalculated every time you open the workbook, and as far as Excel is concerned that is a change. Most common one I would suggest is the TODAY() function. ...

Use first day of month formula in a drop down list
I'm using the formula =DATE(YEAR(B4),MONTH(B4),1) where cell B4 = Today() and this works to give me the 1st day of the current month. My question is: How do I use this in a drop down list on a separate worksheet in the same workbook? I have tried to name the cell containing the 'date' formula, but it looks like Excel does not allow naming a cell with a formula. Each time I name the cell (select the cell, click on the 'name box', type name, enter) when I re-select the cell it hasn't changed the cell name. It defaults back to the row/column name. Than...

Show all bills/deposits for the month
I recently updated from 2000 to the 2005 version. In 2000 you could see all of your bills and deposits for 1, 3, 6, and 12 months. Is there a way to get 2005 to do that? Forecast cash flow. M02 changed this. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=34. "jrfrantz" <jrfrantz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AEBE168-75CD-4272-9F96-E388679CF55C@microsoft.com... > I recently updated from 2000 to the 2005 version. In 2000 you could see all > of your bills and deposits for 1, 3, 6, and 12 months. Is there a way to get > 2005 to do that? This is my bigge...

Report by Year, Qtr and by Day
How can i create a report by Year, Qtr, day using pivot? Is it possible? I have 200,000 data on my clipper program, and it has all the details by date, can i use pivot to summarize report by year, qtr, day without programming... Thank you so much! Hi Rommel, Drag the date field onto your pivot table as a row or column field, then right-click it and select 'Group and Show Detail' from the drop-down menu. Should be easy from there, Go to http://www.edferrero.com/tutorials.aspx for more info. Ed Ferrero http://www.edferrero.com > How can i create a report by Year, Qtr, day...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Graphing a Line Using the Equation
Is there a way to graph a line using the equation of the line? try this url http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2005/01/27/professional-excel-development -sample-chapters/trackback/ see chapter 15 and refer to "charting a function" ============ tortoise25 <tortoise25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15CECA33-4F39-486B-B486-C5B4DE67E108@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to graph a line using the equation of the line? See PLOT manager http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html and Stephen Bullen's ChtFrmla.zip at http://www...

OWA login issue for one user only
I have only one user who cannot access OWA on Exchange 2007. When he logs in, he gets the following: Request Url: https://%OWA SERVER%:443/owa/lang.owa User host address: %IP ADDRESS% Exception Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.StoragePermanentException Exception message: There was a problem accessing Active Directory. Call stack Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal.Save() Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatcher.DispatchLanguagePostLocally(OwaContext owaContext, OwaIdentity logonIdentity, CultureInfo culture, String timeZoneKeyN...

Reference end of month balance on previous workshhet
I want to dedicate a separate worksheet for each month for a period of several months showing daily adjustments to a beginning daily balance based on a variable multiplication factor to produce an ending daily balance. My problem is that the ending balance for the previous month could be in any one of four cells (rows)depending on how many days in the previous month (28 to 31 days). For each new month, I would like to retrieve the ending balance for the previous month by referring to the cell (row) that corresponds to the last day of that month regardless of what actual row it is in...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

message routing based on subject line
Our firewall inserts [SPAM] at the beginning of each spam message subject line. I would like to route those tagged messages to a public folder. I have not found a way to control message routing based on subject line. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. "Milton" <milton.bliss@sunwestmanagement.com> wrote in message news:1167842798.615252.282430@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Our firewall inserts [SPAM] at the beginning of each spam message > subject line. I would like to route those tagged messages to a public > folder. I have not found a way to control...

Keeping track of employee training
Hi all! I am trying to set up an Excel spreadsheet that will list al of the employees in our department, along with all of the training eac employee has. I would like to set it up so that I can keep track o when an employee's training certificate is about to expire (probabl with colour codes: yellow when a training certificate is due to expir in 3 months and red when a training certificate is due to expire in month). Yes, I know there are lots of posts on this topic but I don't have an formal excel training and I can't seem to find any templates to eve set up what I am trying ...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...