Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

I am trying to install Publisher 2003. Even before it comes up with the
Product Key, it gives the message "This patch package could not be opened.
Verify the patch package exists and that you can access it."
I have Office 2003 Basic Edition installed. I uninstalled the Office and
then tried to install it but still it comes up with the same message. Did
some research and used the Windows clean up utility but to no avail.
Any help appreciated.

You receive the "This patch package could not be opened" error message in Office
2003, in Office XP, or in Office 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295823
Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) is available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Sunairwater" <Sunairwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install Publisher 2003. Even before it comes up with the
> Product Key, it gives the message "This patch package could not be opened.
> Verify the patch package exists and that you can access it."
> I have Office 2003 Basic Edition installed. I uninstalled the Office and
> then tried to install it but still it comes up with the same message. Did
> some research and used the Windows clean up utility but to no avail.
> Any help appreciated.

0
gsauer (5094)
7/14/2005 9:27:08 PM
Thanks Mary..but as I said I can install Office 2003 Basic edition without
glitch but it is when I am installing Publisher 2003 that it gives the error
message. I have already used the Windows clean up utility and can install
Office 2003 BE without any issues but as soon as I begin installing Publisher
2003 it gives me this error message. Thank you for your help but I am still
faced with the same problem. And if this helps...I have used this Publisher
2003 CD to install on my Desktop but cannot use the same to install on my
Laptop. Help!!
Did you install the Windows Installer?
This is more a Windows issue than a Publisher problem.
Do you have the Office 2003 service pack?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9c51d3a6-7cb1-4f61-837e-5f938254fc47&DisplayLang=en
Maybe an update?
Information about the ability to uninstall Office updates
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;903771

Some folks have had success by copying the setup disk to their hard drive and
installing from there.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Thanks Mary..but as I said I can install Office 2003 Basic edition without
> glitch but it is when I am installing Publisher 2003 that it gives the error
> message. I have already used the Windows clean up utility and can install
> Office 2003 BE without any issues but as soon as I begin installing Publisher
> 2003 it gives me this error message. Thank you for your help but I am still
> faced with the same problem. And if this helps...I have used this Publisher
> 2003 CD to install on my Desktop but cannot use the same to install on my
> Laptop. Help!!

0
gsauer (5094)

Published 2003
How do I make text flow automatically to subsequent pages when I need to insert data into a page that is already filled? Create a text box on page two, select the page one text box, click the "create text box link" (looks like a chain link), the cursor will change to a pitcher, go to page two and click the text box. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeigh" <Jeigh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3126B2-74DA-486D-A1E5-45290E84A5A0@microsoft.com... > How do I make text flow ...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

How do I export WORD or PUBLISHER files to AOL instead of Outlook
I would like to imbed docs and pubs in AOL, not OUTLOOK, but I can't figure out how to do it. It can't be done. Your only option would be to use Outlook Express with your AOL (assuming that can still be done) and send them that way. And to be honest with you, I'm not 100% certain that will work. I dumped AOL several years ago so I don't know if they still support OE or that that process will work with Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.micro...

RE-Installing

Unread mail in OUtlook 2003
The unread mail in the default view isn't working right for several clients. Anyone have this problem? ...

outlook 2003 #69
i have problem sending messages from pop3 accounts in outook 2003 when i configure exchange server for intranet, even when i select pop3 account as defalut account and exchage is second option, if i select pop3 account as default then i am unable to send messages local exchange server, if i configure the same in outlook xp then every thing is ok pop3 and exchange any body can help me to solve this problem or it is a bug in outlook 2003 Configure the account (POP3 or Exchange) that you use the most as the default. When you want to send using the other account, select that account from...

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

Outlook 2003 Deleting Deleted Items!
This annoying problem is driving me nuts! I'm running Outlook 2003 w/SP1 (Exchange 2000) on Windows 2000 Pro w/SP4. Recently, Outlook has been automatically emptying my Deleted Items folder to Recover Deleted Items! I've checked my Rules as well as AutoArchive settings but can't find the cause of these mysterious deletions. The problem persists even after I uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 Pro. Actually after I did this, Outlook behaved itself for a whole day but the problem returned the next. Sometimes after recovering my deleted items, I can find my Deleted Item...

Access 2003 functions
I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have a geometric mean function. I can do it using common logarithims and anitlogarithims, but I can only find a natural logarithim function and an exp function that also is based on natural logs. Without going into excel, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks Chris U�ytkownik "crhiggins" <crhiggins@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:A7BF21FF-F298-4983-8C03-F34A23E6B2FF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have >a > g...

How do I publish a workbook with a list?
When I publish it I get the error message: For type list the absence of a <cellrangelist> tag implies the relative cell references in the list which is not allowed. The workbook is protected but has areas that are unlocked for editing by users. This function (editing of cells) is not working, not only for cells connected to the list but also for cells with no list attached. ...

Headquarters client error " Local and HQ databases are not synchro
Message Headquarters client error “Local and HQ databases are not synchronized – Some worksheets will not be processed Please kindly recommend I have an existing database in SO, HQ will not overwrite data. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01CAF8F0.F7F330B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Phusit, Has this ever worked? Have you run a 101 worksheet? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3...

Installer for my access application

#VALUE error
I am using Excel from Office 2007. I transfered a spreadsheet program from a Works spreadsheet, which I had adapted from one supplied with the program. It calculates your mortgage payments. I adapted it to calculate ROI from several variables on prespective rental properties. In Excel I get a #VALUE error when a cell conditionally references another cell that references another cell. I have attached several of the cell functions. =IF(AND(F5,F6,F7),PMT((F6/12)/100,F11,-F5),"") =IF(AND(G8,G9,G10),PMT((G9/12)/100,G13,-G8),"") =IF(G24,G24/G5,"") The online ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Outlook 2003 / BCM
When you pull up the Opportunities page in Outlook 2003 / BCM - it sorts the stages alphabetically - (e.g. Closed Lost, Negotiation etc.). Is there a way for the view to open with the stages sorted by "stage" - (e.g. Prospecting, Qualification, Needs Analysis, etc.)? Please advise, BSW ...

Error while backup System State via Windows Server Backup
Hi.. we backup the System State of our Server via internal Windows Server Backup. Every day after the backup is finished following error occured: Source: FilterManager, Event ID: 3 "Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume....'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xc03a001c." Server Version: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 any ideas? Alex ...

General Publisher question...
I'm trying to find a SW package which will allow me to create logos, font manipulation as well as to take a another design and insert other verbage into it...like using another logo and putting in other words...can i do this with this software? Thanks. mike wrote: > I'm trying to find a SW package which will allow me to create logos, > font manipulation as well as to take a another design and insert > other verbage into it...like using another logo and putting in other > words...can i do this with this software? Thanks. =============== Seems to me that a digital image...

Public Folder Replication Errors
Hi All I've a strange public folder problem. Were on an Exchange 2000 / Windows 2000 AD platform, each site/country has their own exchange enviornment. Any shared public folders have replicas on all exchange servers. The problem is that we have a shared public folder hosted on an exchange server on a different site. We seem to be reciving all inbound replication changes to the public folder. When we post any changes to the public folder, outbound replication does not seem to take place and the changes posts do not appear. I can see inbound events but not outbound. Logging has been s...

how to sync my blackberry 7100 with outlook 2003
Please help. I have Outlook 2000 and can sync with my new blackberry but now it say on the 2003 says that no application selected. Ask RIM - it is their problem to solve as Microsoft has nothing to do with Blackberries other than using them. They do not write their software. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, davidwshipley asked: | Please help. I have Outlook 2000 and can sync w...

Return error #VALUE!
Why do I get this error with this formula? =IF(D3=0,"",E3/2000)*(G3/D3) What's in E3? What's in G3? What's in D3? If they're really all numbers, maybe you want: =IF(D3=0,"",(E3/2000)*(G3/D3)) (you can't multiply "" by g3/d3.) GYoder wrote: > > Why do I get this error with this formula? =IF(D3=0,"",E3/2000)*(G3/D3) -- Dave Peterson ...

Installing XP over Linux