Installing MS Publisher from Office XP Professional

How can I install MS Publisher.
I was told it comes with this suite but cannot seem to be able to find it
anywhere on the setup CD.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Pete.
0
StepNjump (2)

StepNjump <StepNjump@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> How can I install MS Publisher.
> I was told it comes with this suite but cannot seem to be able to
> find it anywhere on the setup CD.

Whoever told you that told you wrong.  Only a very select few copies of
Office XP Pro came with Publisher, and it probably wasn't yours.

Office Professional 2003 *does *come with Publisher 2003.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/20/2005 10:02:50 PM
Thank you very much Ed.

Do you know if Publisher is available off the shelf as an add-on for XP Pro?
great forum here by the way.

Pete.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> StepNjump <StepNjump@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
> to utter:
> > How can I install MS Publisher.
> > I was told it comes with this suite but cannot seem to be able to
> > find it anywhere on the setup CD.
>
> Whoever told you that told you wrong.  Only a very select few copies of
> Office XP Pro came with Publisher, and it probably wasn't yours.
>
> Office Professional 2003 *does *come with Publisher 2003.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
StepNjump (2)
5/20/2005 10:17:01 PM
StepNjump <StepNjump@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> Do you know if Publisher is available off the shelf as an add-on for
> XP Pro? great forum here by the way.

It was, but has been discontinued - so it is no longer widely available.

It is available new and used on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006CFAX/102-5888631-6648160?v=glance

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Outlook bar XP
I have upgraded a user from Office 97 to Office XP. How do you copy all of there icons/folders in the Outlook Bar in Outlook? Thanks Steve ...

Published 2003
How do I make text flow automatically to subsequent pages when I need to insert data into a page that is already filled? Create a text box on page two, select the page one text box, click the "create text box link" (looks like a chain link), the cursor will change to a pitcher, go to page two and click the text box. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeigh" <Jeigh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3126B2-74DA-486D-A1E5-45290E84A5A0@microsoft.com... > How do I make text flow ...

MS outlook #2
My MS outlook crashed yesterday and no longer functions, I unstalled office97 and reinstalled but now outlook can't open my pst file and doesn't have any functionality, calender contacts etc. Any suggestons Thanks Peter ...

Visio should allow selection of a frame per hyperlink like in MS W
I use Visio (and have done for years) and would really appreciate it if you would place the selection for a frame within your hyperlinks that would override the page default and allow the web pages that are created in Visio to be even more useful that they are. I was able to do this before 2003 version by putting the text "Target="{FRAME} at the end of the address (where {FRAME} was the frame name). This tricked Visio into doing what I needed and still do as i have used Visio and Word to create web processes with frames and hyperlinks. You have changed the way that the text is par...

RE-Installing

export to .pdf from MS works spreadsheet?
If anyone can tell me how to do this I'd be very grateful. Everywhere I go with these spreadsheets, which are in .xlr or 'Microsoft Works Spreadsheet' format, they open up differently (margins and colors are different) depending on what version of 'Excel' or 'Works' the printers use. I've had no luck with the help texts, can anyone tell me how to get these files into .pdf format?? Is it an IMPORT function of adobe acrobat I need to examine? Many thanks in advance, Tom Wailea, HI You need to buy a program that creates the PDF file. They typically set...

How do I export WORD or PUBLISHER files to AOL instead of Outlook
I would like to imbed docs and pubs in AOL, not OUTLOOK, but I can't figure out how to do it. It can't be done. Your only option would be to use Outlook Express with your AOL (assuming that can still be done) and send them that way. And to be honest with you, I'm not 100% certain that will work. I dumped AOL several years ago so I don't know if they still support OE or that that process will work with Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.micro...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Downloading email into Outlook on Windows XP into each person's profile
How do you configure Outlook 2002 so that when you download email, it is accessible to all users, regardless of their pprofile settings (Win XP)? If I download the email while in my profile, my wife cannot see the email I downloaded when in her profile. Why? Because at the moment you are using separate .PST files to store your data. You'll need to set up a shared .PST file for e-mail and put it where each of you can access it from your Windows profile. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm for examples. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail a...

Value Pak Installer

MS Project for Mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I saw something recently about MS Project for Mac now if you use Entourage. However I cannot seem to locate where I found this information or the link, etc. Has anyone else seen this? Does this exist or is the Entourage 2008 version now have "MS Project" type features? Thoughts? On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:12:11 -0400, nprefer@officeformac.com wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I saw something recently about MS Project for Mac now if you use Entourage. > However I cannot s...

Installation #4

How do I publish a workbook with a list?
When I publish it I get the error message: For type list the absence of a <cellrangelist> tag implies the relative cell references in the list which is not allowed. The workbook is protected but has areas that are unlocked for editing by users. This function (editing of cells) is not working, not only for cells connected to the list but also for cells with no list attached. ...

Installer for my access application

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

General Publisher question...
I'm trying to find a SW package which will allow me to create logos, font manipulation as well as to take a another design and insert other verbage into it...like using another logo and putting in other words...can i do this with this software? Thanks. mike wrote: > I'm trying to find a SW package which will allow me to create logos, > font manipulation as well as to take a another design and insert > other verbage into it...like using another logo and putting in other > words...can i do this with this software? Thanks. =============== Seems to me that a digital image...

Installing XP over Linux

Microsoft Office
Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? Thanks MC You certainly should be able to I have xp home and have xl95, xl97sr2, and xl2002 all installed on mine. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MCabot" <ICC@zoomtown.com> wrote in message news:d57c1$43074b60$453dae72$5006@FUSE.NET... > Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? > > > > Thanks > MC > > Not sure what you mean by "dell XP", but see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217883 "Description of the system requirements for all editions of Office 200...

MS Access vs Informix 4GL
Hello all; I am quite comfortable using Access via ODBC however I am now looking at a new position using Informix 4GL on top of SQL Technology on an HP9000 server. Has anyone had experience with Informix from a queries, data reporting, manipulation and GUI design perspective? Is it similar to Access and what would be the reasons for using Informix rather than Access. I am plowing through SQL for dummies in the case that I might have to take hours to do what I can do in minutes with Access. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks RJ "RJ" <RJ@discussio...

CRM SBS install error

how do I merge several publications (.pub) into one in Publisher?
I am trying to create a manual. I have each part of the manual saved as their own .pub's. To simplify printing, I want to merge all of the .pub's into one ..pub. How do I do that? raddness <raddness@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to create a manual. I have each part of the manual saved > as their own .pub's. To simplify printing, I want to merge all of the > .pub's into one .pub. Copy and paste from each file into one file. Or, convert each file to PDF, and use Adobe Acrobat to join the files together. -- Ed Ben...