installed fonts

I have windows xp and publisher 2000.  several fonts that are installed on my computer do not show up on the available font list in publisher or word.  I have reinstalled the fonts and they still do not show as available.  any help would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74724)

If the fonts are variations of other fonts, they may not show up.
For example if you have Arial and a font called Arial Bold the bold font
will not show up in the font list.  That font will function when you
highlight text and apply the B (Bold) button.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)
4/18/2004 3:40:13 AM
Are they in the C:\Windows\Fonts subdirectory? Where did you get these
fonts? Are they TrueType, Adobe, or OpenType fonts? Are you running (at
least?) SR-1?

You may want to refer to:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224933&Product=pub2000
PUB2000: Some Fonts Incorrectly Listed as Unavailable in the Load Fonts
Window

--
JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher

"vicki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have windows xp and publisher 2000.  several fonts that are installed on
my computer do not show up on the available font list in publisher or word.
I have reinstalled the fonts and they still do not show as available.  any
help would be appreciated.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/18/2004 3:52:01 AM
Also, if you have TweakUI, try selecting the Repair tab and select the Fonts
folder.

--
JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher

"vicki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have windows xp and publisher 2000.  several fonts that are installed on
my computer do not show up on the available font list in publisher or word.
I have reinstalled the fonts and they still do not show as available.  any
help would be appreciated.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/18/2004 3:53:54 AM
JLA no more, what is wrong with you?

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)
4/18/2004 5:14:37 AM
Well, I have a bit of a headache and the arthritis in my knee has been
acting up a tad but other than that, I'm not too bad. Thank you for your
concern. What's wrong with you?

--

"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> JLA no more, what is wrong with you?
>
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/18/2004 5:26:36 AM
I am T-terrific, but wish it would damn well rain.  I am ok because I could
afford to buy all the irrigation and pumping equipment and run it, but those
poor farmers who are not in my position are in desperate troubles.  I have
lent them my pump at times to flood irrigate for free other than diesel and
oil cost.  I have also had made a trailer with a hydraulic wind up spool to
take 90mm/3�" hose 1.2km/.72mile and fill dams or whatever from the river
for them.  We are paying the wages for a man to operate the system for the
farmers that cannot afford to pay.  When they can afford to pay the money
will be donated to the Salvation Army.  They can pay it off interest free
over 5 years.  I don't want to die the richest person in the cemetery.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)
4/18/2004 5:38:19 AM
You know it is depressing to some the good weather everyday.
Beautiful blue skies and seldom a cloud in sight, and when they are, it
don't rain.
Even the large gum trees which are incredibly drought resistant are starting
to die.
You damn well don't have to be a scientist to know about climate change, yet
the US and Australia etc. do nothing about Kyota (spelling) and energy
conservation.
Companies like GM etc still making fuel guzzling garbage like Hummer should
be prosecuted for been such disgusting environmental vandals.  The US will
run short of gas this summer - the odds are on.  Get ready and be prepared,
because it is going to happen.
--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)
4/18/2004 5:43:14 AM
Glad to hear that.  :-)

--

> I am T-terrific, (snip)

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/18/2004 5:51:14 AM
the font is a true type font, garamond kursiv.  i noticed while scrolling through my fonts list in windows that i have many duplications in the list.  when i try and delete the duplicate, the system won't let me.  there is a screen for adding fonts, but i can't find one for deleting them.  any suggestions on that one?  as far as fonts not showing up on the list, several are missing, and they are true type fonts, don't know why they won't show up???
0
anonymous (74724)
4/18/2004 12:41:04 PM
What message do you get when you try to delete the duplicates? I prefer not
to delete any of mine to find out what *might* happen.

--

> the font is a true type font, garamond kursiv.  i noticed while scrolling
through my fonts list in windows that i have many duplications in the list.
when i try and delete the duplicate, the system won't let me.  there is a
screen for adding fonts, but i can't find one for deleting them.  any
suggestions on that one?  as far as fonts not showing up on the list,
several are missing, and they are true type fonts, don't know why they won't
show up???

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/18/2004 4:30:34 PM
Go here:
Download TweakUI, it has a font folder repair utility.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"vicki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the font is a true type font, garamond kursiv.  i noticed while scrolling through
my fonts list in windows that i have many duplications in the list.  when i try and
delete the duplicate, the system won't let me.  there is a screen for adding fonts,
but i can't find one for deleting them.  any suggestions on that one?  as far as
fonts not showing up on the list, several are missing, and they are true type fonts,
don't know why they won't show up???

0
laserdog (1123)

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

Can't recognize fonts from Insert Pic from file
I had to have my computer cleaned and all of my programs re-installed and Windows XP was put on my computer. Anyways, I had to reload Publisher 98 onto my computer. I can no longer recognize pictures (jpeg, bmp, tiff) when I go to Insert picture from file. I had no problems with this before. I know that Publisher 98 and Windows XP are compatible because there is another person in our office who has this and has no problems recognizing picture formats. Do you have any suggestions????? I am at a loss. I have reloaded and done everything I can think of. Are you referring to the Wi...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

Unstable fonts
My fonts are become unstable in Publisher. I believe manly those that I downloaded from the internet. Sometimes I’m not able to use them at all even though, they are still appearing installed. Or I just able to change part of the text and if I add more to it the whole text changes back to the previous font. In Word I do not have any problems with my downloaded fonts. Any idea what’s happening and what could be the solution? I appreciate your help. -- Vanillla Using: MW 2003, Excell 2003, PowerPoint, Publisher 2003, FP 2003, There are some fonts that you can download that do not in...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

Excel 2003 installation error
I have been using my PC with excel program for 3 years and when I tried to open an excel spreadsheat today and it would not open. "Installation error: file not found" appeared. File not found was SKU011.CAB and I have not been able to reinstall as I don't have the installation CD as I bought the PC second hand with programs on it. Can anyone help? If you have access to another computer you could save the file from one computer to a disc and copy it in to the appropriate file folder in the computer with the error. "derk22" wrote: > I have been using my PC wit...

installing updates. Never ends
when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says do not turn off computer.\\ well what do I do when the update never ends? TIA Snooky wrote: > when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates > and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. > > I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says > do not turn off computer.\\ > > well what do I do when the...

Office 2004 Mac install issue
Hi, Just visited a client with the following setup: 1 x brand new G5 iMac running Mac OS 10.4 1 x 2nd hand eMac 1 x copy of teacher version (3 licences) of Office 2004 Mac. The install on the iMac was faultless. The eMac is a different issue. As it was 2nd Hand we restored it to "out of the box" with the supplied DVD's (no old data remained on the machine). That brought it to 10.3.9. we then upgraded it to 10.4 using a fresh copy bought by the client. Trying to install Office the following happened. Using the setup assistant, the first screen was OK (telling us to be logge...

Installation of Money 04 with anti-virus
When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message saying that my McAfee Virus Scan might interfere with Money setup, and "can prevent you from using Money to download stock prices and other info..." Any advice? Take the message seriously. And search the archives of the newsgroup at http://groups.google.com; use advanced search and search newsgroup microsoft.public.money. "Clarence" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e201c3ce58$bc73dea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message > saying that my...

installing office home and student
I purchased a copy of office home and student and was wondering if I needed to uninstall the copy that came preinstalled on my computer before installing the new copy. This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software - Microsoft Access is not included in Office Home and Student. Even if you were asking about installing a version of Office that does include Microsoft Access, you would be better served by asking your question in a newsgroup devoted to Office. That said, it is often beneficial to uninstall an existing copy (esp. a trial copy)...

Installation
Hi, Do i need to have exchange and SQL run on the same server as the CRM package? Is Office 2003 compatible? Would appreciate some guideline to install CRM on a machine that doesn't have exchange and/or SQL running, instead, the exchange and sql database services run on a different machine within the same forest. Does the CRM server need to have Active Directory Installed? Thanks, Ash Ash Microsoft CRM needs to be installed on a server that is part of a windows 2000 or now 2003 Active Directory enabled domain. SQL and exchange do not need to be on the same machine. In fact CRM can ...